April 26, 2024, 06:57:36 PM

Author Topic: Semi Finals: T&T v Jamaica  (Read 13897 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Semi Finals: T&T v Jamaica
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
Trinidadians are a bunch of f*cking idiots. have you guys ever listen to your self?. chest beater and constantly get humiliated and then find excuse. so what if Jamaica lose to CCC, will that make trinidad any better?. i cant wait for you guys to go it alone.

U obviously luv hearin us because yuh always on we SITE.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2011, 01:00:46 AM »
Jamaicans are a bunch of f*cking idiots. have you guys ever listen to your self?. chest beater and constantly get humiliated and then find excuse. so what if Jamaica lose to CCC, will that make trinidad any better?. i cant wait for you guys to go it alone.

True.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2011, 04:00:26 AM »
Trinidadians are a bunch of f*cking idiots. have you guys ever listen to your self?. chest beater and constantly get humiliated and then find excuse. so what if Jamaica lose to CCC, will that make trinidad any better?. i cant wait for you guys to go it alone.

My king is wise

If that is the case why are you here,
By your association what does that say of you...That you are a dumber idiot

Raspect

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2011, 04:39:28 AM »
Come RF, yuh done know unu look up fi we

Maybe when your sport teams can challenge Jamaica again we will show some respect. But for now, you sport teams suck against Jamaica, and as such, we see you guys as our beating sticks. Football, Netball, Track, Cricket...its been a miserable 15 years for you guys agaianst Jamaican teams.

Regarding the cricket...Darren Ganga walking away with eggs on his face in this one. He might just have called time on his ambitions to captian the west indies. In your own place, with your so called "test side", Jamaica were able to rack up a historic  650 runs....while your management team tried to figure out the rules of the game. Head to head is a common tie breaker in international sports...in fact its being used in the current under-20 world cup qualifiers in Guatemala, and was used in the under-17 champs in JAmaica recently. Simple rule to understand really.

If you guys are still thinking of disbanding from the West Indies, maybe now you should have second thoughts on doing so.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:41:44 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2011, 04:55:29 AM »
I feel we lost momentum when Ramdin was given out ct.behind when from all accounts he wasn't,I am not saying we would have got 664 but we may have got even closer than we are at the moment,I see Reggaefan says we are not considered the most educated in the Caribbean by his Jamaican fellowmen,thats up to him but I'll say again that is what these very educated Jamaicans told me,many who worked in TT in different fields from time to time.

I know a compliment from a Jamaican means alot to you, but dont read too much into what he is saying, he propably just trying to make you feel good. Again, i personally dont know of any Jamaica who hold Trinis in high regard whatsoever. absolutely none. JAmaica sits at the top of te caribbean in more ways than one.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2011, 04:58:49 AM »
I dont see Jamaica doing any damage to CCC,their so called fire power got 5 of our  batsmen today and one was a teef out and another Jaggs a tailender,I just have to wonder what score we may have made if we had elected to bat and would we have batted so slow.I think CCC will beat Jamaica and become champs for the first time.

You dont see JAmaica doing any damage to CCC? You are right, CCC might put up some more resistance than you did. that 650 was an arse whooping of epic proportions agaianst your "test" bowlers".

And what exactly makes you feel Jamaica cant beat CCC?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2011, 05:13:49 AM »

Maybe when your sport teams can challenge Jamaica again we will show some respect. But for now, you sport teams suck against Jamaica, and as such, we see you guys as our beating sticks. Football, Netball, Track, Cricket...its been a miserable 15 years for you guys agaianst Jamaican teams.

Regarding the cricket...Darren Ganga walking away with eggs on his face in this one. He might just have called time on his ambitions to captian the west indies. In your own place, with your so called "test side", Jamaica were able to rack up a historic  650 runs....while your management team tried to figure out the rules of the game. Head to head is a common tie breaker in international sports...in fact its being used in the current under-20 world cup qualifiers in Guatemala, and was used in the under-17 champs in JAmaica recently. Simple rule to understand really.

If you guys are still thinking of disbanding from the West Indies, maybe now you should have second thoughts on doing so.

I was on kix, but with your reply you really show why 11-1 = 0, kill it already, what miserable 15 years?  If I had the time to compose a list and show you where you were wrong I would, but I don't.  You love to hear yourself bray yes, well bray on.  Thank God posters like yourself don't represent the average Jamaican, pititful at best, absolute disgrace to your nation's colours, but keep at it..  This stupid petty rivalry gets you where exactly?.  We are too small for this nonesense on the world scale, we could take a leaf out of Europe's book.  But carry on
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2011, 01:18:54 PM »

When your compatriots went suicidal watchin TT at the 2006 WC, it wasn't so miserable. When you guys watch us in the Hex and bitch, it isn't so miserable. When we beat the J'ca U 17 team IN J'ca to qualify for the WC. how miserable was that? ;-)
Besides Track and Field J'ca is a mediocrity. You had one good innings against TT. I have no exuse for that one. It happens. Enjoy it. Obviously the highlight of your cricket season.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »

When your compatriots went suicidal watchin TT at the 2006 WC, it wasn't so miserable. When you guys watch us in the Hex and bitch, it isn't so miserable. When we beat the J'ca U 17 team IN J'ca to qualify for the WC. how miserable was that? ;-)
Besides Track and Field J'ca is a mediocrity. You had one good innings against TT. I have no exuse for that one. It happens. Enjoy it. Obviously the highlight of your cricket season.

I am not going to address all your points....but needless to say on the cricket front, I believe Jamaica are 3 times defending champions of the 4 day game in the caribbean...and in two games this season has had the better of you on both occasions. so go ahead, disband and go it alone...Jamaica will follow suite one day too  :) Yes, this is no doubt the highlight of Jamaicas cricket this season...the 650 was their highest first class score in the history of regionak cricket...

Briefly on football...Things not exactly looking rosey in your corner right now...Jamaica are two time defending champions of the region, and continue to prepare in ernest for both the gold Cup and World Cup qualifiers next year. We just played Ven and El Sal, and just confirmed a game vs South Korea in the summer...our under-17s are heading to the world cup in a couple months. Our players continue to sign for overseas clubs..I'm pretty satisfied overall with things.

Jamaicans sportsmen maybe be mediocre by world standards....but in the caribbean....its quite the opposite. we beat you to a distant second. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:41:15 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »

another reason why you guys are see as f*cking fools. :rotfl: if you call track and field mediocrity, what would you call  cricket?, how many countries are even interested in the sport?. and playing in hex means accomplishment? :rotfl: :rotfl:. i would rather not playing in hex if i am not going to the world cup. and winning a u17 match nothing to jump about :rotfl:, stupid fool.
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »

another reason why you guys are see as f*cking fools. :rotfl: if you call track and field mediocrity, what would you call  cricket?, how many countries are even interested in the sport?. and playing in hex means accomplishment? :rotfl: :rotfl:. i would rather not playing in hex if i am not going to the world cup. and winning a u17 match nothing to jump about :rotfl:, stupid fool.

Not trying to back everything that VB posted but tell me who's the stupid fool that don't even understand what the sentence "Besides Track and Field J'ca is a mediocrity" means?!
Guess you must be laughing at you own lack of understanding of English and calling yourself a stupid fool and many folks like myself are happy to join in!
 :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:54:18 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »

Not trying to back everything that VB posted but tell me who's the stupid fool that don't even understand what the sentence "Besides Track and Field J'ca is a mediocrity" means?!
Guess you must be laughing at you own lack of understanding of English and calling yourself a stupid fool and many folks like myself are happy to join in!

i will say it again, care one shit. you guys are a bunch of fools. just look at your attitude at a little cricket game?. :rotfl: stupid ass.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2011, 05:04:56 PM »

i will say it again, care one shit. you guys are a bunch of fools. just look at your attitude at a little cricket game?. :rotfl: stupid ass.

And if we are fools then what does that make you who can't even understand basic English?!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »

Yes it is. But find me one sport involving a point table where head to head is used as the first tie breaker.
Normally head to head is used to separate teams on equal points which is fine but not when one team has more points than another .

this was the table.

1. Combined Campuses & Colleges 57 (4 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss)

2. Trinidad & Tobago 52 (3 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss)

3. Jamaica 51 (2 wins, 5 draws)

4. England Lions 51 (2 wins, 5 draws)

5. Windward Islands 29 (1 win, 2 draws, 3 losses)

When CCC played Windward the game was a draw. Windward earned 6 points and CCC 3.

Based on this rule if their semi ended in a No result then Windward would have been in the final because of head to head. Does this make sense. A team that finished 28 points better than another would lose because of head to head  ???

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »

You are the ass gasket between our trinis' asshole and the toilet seat taking in all our stink shit....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:51:50 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2011, 09:56:10 PM »
you guys need to grow up. you are so stupid  :rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2011, 10:05:53 PM »
you guys need to grow up. you are so stupid  :rotfl:

And you seem to love hanging around stupid people who need to grow up so what does that make you?

Remember birds of feather ....................... (even a foolish person can fill the blank).

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2011, 11:02:28 PM »

You can't read so whose the fool?
Point, when you exhibit your illiteracy on a public forum not the time to call people fools.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2011, 04:50:17 AM »
What the azzz.

You ALL are a bunch of idiots, tearing each other apart...Yardie and Trini alike!

Disgraceful behaviour over WHAT???

I am so ashamed of ALL of you. Completely unnecessary and uncalled for. No wonder other people cant take us seriously and our Windies cricket team is disrespected. We have no respect for ourselves.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »
What the azzz.

You ALL are a bunch of idiots, tearing each other apart...Yardie and Trini alike!

I am so ashamed of ALL of you. Completely unnecessary and uncalled for. No wonder other people cant take us seriously and our Windies cricket team is disrespected. We have no respect for ourselves.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

On another note, saw Third World last night, woinderful Caribbean vibe all the way through....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »
You donkeys need need some serious lashing from a good makka stick. :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:18:02 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2011, 05:48:03 PM »

Yes it is. But find me one sport involving a point table where head to head is used as the first tie breaker.
Normally head to head is used to separate teams on equal points which is fine but not when one team has more points than another .

this was the table.

1. Combined Campuses & Colleges 57 (4 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss)

2. Trinidad & Tobago 52 (3 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss)

3. Jamaica 51 (2 wins, 5 draws)

4. England Lions 51 (2 wins, 5 draws)

5. Windward Islands 29 (1 win, 2 draws, 3 losses)

When CCC played Windward the game was a draw. Windward earned 6 points and CCC 3.

Based on this rule if their semi ended in a No result then Windward would have been in the final because of head to head. Does this make sense. A team that finished 28 points better than another would lose because of head to head  ???

Them fellas cyah understand simple logic so they overlook this post.   :-\
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »
What the azzz.

Call  NATO to get help

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2011, 07:07:56 AM »
I work for NATO.

Believe me we don't waste our time with attentions seekers.

VB

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2011, 09:52:02 AM »
The real problem is that there is no tie-breaker procedure for the knockout phase of the competition. Reaching back into the round-robin for a tie-breaker is always has the potential for strange outcomes.

If this were a pure league, then CCC won and nobody would complain, Nobody would complain if the tie-breaker were the same, which is head-to-head.

If the round robin results were used to to qualify or seed teams in the playoffs, then again, no problems.
But once the knockout starts, that is a different phase and you would prefer the tiebreaker to be something you can decide on the field.  In most sports you would get extra time and then possibly penalties.

Since cricket doesn't allow for this, then some sort of Duckworth-Lewis type tiebreaker would be fairest.  In addition it would promote less cynical tactics like we have seen here.

A better tie-breaking system if there is a no-result:
1. D/L if there is a minimum number of overs batted by both teams
2. If you can't bowl out the other side in 4 days, then you've lost.

Simple(ish) and decided on the field.

In response to some of the replies to my post above. I don't doubt that T&T would have been just as cynical. I was just commenting that of all sports, cricket is one where fairness is part of the history, and you would have expected less cynicism. Of course, when you have teams using douchebag tactics like below, you should expect anything.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K65_spUU05s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K65_spUU05s</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2011, 02:35:19 PM »
I work for NATO.

Believe me we don't waste our time with attentions seekers.

VB

That only applies only when you have a heavy audience and it seems like in this case there's none.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:54:16 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2011, 07:03:28 AM »
Any news on the court case re Jamaica T&T No rsult game?

May be too late really...Jamaica has made it a 4peat. Congrats to the caribbean sporting Kings on winning yet another title.

Logie, good job brother, at least you were wise enough to know that you had a better chance of winning trophies with a superior team to your own country men.  ;D

"Picong" aside, better luck next year T&T. Keep the rivalry alive please. The smaller islands cant compete

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2011, 08:20:23 AM »

I agree and believe in giving credit where it is due. Jamaica has done well this season and their batting has really performed. Marlon Samuel in particular has risen to the occasion and is finally talking about setting goals for himself. That is good.

However, doh forget to congratulate Gus Logie  while yuh cussing we okay?  ;D ;D
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2011, 02:24:04 PM »
Congrats to gus for joining an already winning team! His now assitant, Junior Bennet did a splending job coaching Jamaica in the 3 previous back to back championships...I am sure they will continue to make a good coaching team and lead Jamaica to a fifth successive championship honors next season  :applause:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »
I just so damn pissed with this TTCB for even trying to file an injunction for this piece of shit talk about misinterpretation of the rules. :cursing:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>