April 29, 2024, 07:47:53 AM

Author Topic: Semi Finals: T&T v Jamaica  (Read 13961 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Semi Finals: T&T v Jamaica
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
WICKET! JAM 564/7 - 174.2 Ov. Hinds 122*. Walton c Ramdin b Jaggernauth. Good wicket for T&T, Walton was just starting to play his shots.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »
Yes! It is in fact the end of the day's play, as Jamaica continued their dominance over T&T at UWI Spec. They close on 574/7. Wavell Hinds and Brendan Nash shared the spotlight today as the latter picked up his 2nd century against T&T today. Nash also completed his double century. Jamaica in full control.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »
Yes! It is in fact the end of the day's play, as Jamaica continued their dominance over T&T at UWI Spec. They close on 574/7. Wavell Hinds and Brendan Nash shared the spotlight today as the latter picked up his 2nd century against T&T today. Nash also completed his double century. Jamaica in full control.

OUCHHHHHHHHHHHH
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 10:47:47 PM »
wow ,somebody have chip on there shoulder.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 08:17:04 AM »
That score actually killed this game
We must be prepared to bat for two days or time alotted for the rest of this game

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »
Day 3.

No sign of the Trinidad and Tobago players just yet, nor the umpires, or the batsmen but I am relatively certain we will be starting soon. If T&T bat two days as Peter has asked me, then a No Result will see T&T through as they had more points in the preliminary round of matches than Jamaica.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 09:08:50 AM »
Day 3.

No sign of the Trinidad and Tobago players just yet, nor the umpires, or the batsmen but I am relatively certain we will be starting soon. If T&T bat two days as Peter has asked me, then a No Result will see T&T through as they had more points in the preliminary round of matches than Jamaica.

i not following de game except the score but i asusming the wicket is for batting.  however, trinidad could prove my theory wrong and get bowl out cheap. we known for acting like west indies when we ready.  hopefully we could bat 2 days and get through.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 09:14:04 AM »
Jamaica are cruising, but their tactics are questionable. They continue to bat, but we're not sure what's going to happen next. Apparently there is  some question of interpretation of the rules regarding who will progress to the final if there is a no result. I understand the managers met to discuss it, and have consulted the WICB.

Now this is sad. Semi's being played and nobody sure what the rules are. There is confusion over who advances in the case of a No result. Is it T&T based on the points table or is it Jam on head to head.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 09:15:52 AM »
JAM 623/7 - 188 Ov. Hinds 156*, Russell 21*. OUT BUT NOT OUT! Gabriel bowls one of his trademark yorkers but it is also one of his trademark no-balls. Russell's wicket is broken apart but the delivery is illegal.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 09:43:42 AM »
Semi Final Stage

In the event of the teams in either semi final finishing on an equal number of points the right to advance to the final will be the team which gained the greater number of points when the two teams (of the teams which competed in the semi final) competed against each other in the group stage of the tournament

•If still equal the team (of the two teams that competed in the semi final) with the most outright wins in the group stage
•If still equal the team (of the two teams that competed in the semi final) with the most first innings leads in the group stage
•If still equal the team (of the two teams that competed in the semi final) with the higher net runs per wicket ratio

If the game ends with neither team getting first innings points... JAMAICA WILL GO THROUGH TO THE FINAL  :(

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »
WICKET! JAM 639/8 - 190.5 Ov. Hinds 161*. Russel b Rampaul 27. A mixed over of no-balls and short balls but in the end, Rampaul gets his man with a full ball, Russell played across the line and was bowled.

WICKET! JAM 639/9 - 191.2 Ov. Brown 0*. Gabriel gets Hinds! He plays across the line and the ball spoons up in the air to mid-off where Ganga takes the catch. He played well for 164 runs. That's a great shot.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 09:54:19 AM »
so even if we bat tru the 2 days we still lose .so only way to win is make more runs.

add
nice
nice

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
I hope we score one thousand fuU*&^ runs!!!!

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »
Thats a mammoth score by any standard. I too was questioning the wisdome of not declaring and inserting the Trinis, but it looks like it was a calculated decision all along given that a no result would work in Jamaicas favor.

Question is, can T&T score 640 runs in a day and a half? I would bet on them doing it if one Brian Lara was playing.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 12:02:36 PM »
I hope we score one thousand fuU*&^ runs!!!!

VB

at T&T 28/3...seems like a bit uphill, doesn't it?  :(

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »
Dem fokkers eh even try to play cricket just give us no time to make runs.
I woulda bounce dey sc**t whole morning today.

VB

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »
Yeah, definitely cynical tactics. So much for Cricket being a gentleman's sport.
On the other hand, we couldn't bowl them out, is not like if they were batting against a machine.

And seeing that we're already down 3. I would say, it would not be unfair for Jamaica to advance.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 03:47:17 PM »
Yeah, definitely cynical tactics. So much for Cricket being a gentleman's sport.
On the other hand, we couldn't bowl them out, is not like if they were batting against a machine.

And seeing that we're already down 3. I would say, it would not be unfair for Jamaica to advance.

I would think that your first course of concern would have been the inability of the bowlers to bowl out the opposition for a reasonable total in good time. Surprised that your concern is the lack of charity from the opposing captain in not declaring their innings to allow the opposition a chnace to bat and win the game. Shocking.

Your team has a solid batting line up...the challenge for them now is to go out there and erase JAmaica total over the next day and a half. Its doable.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:57:36 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 03:57:07 PM »
END OF THE DAY: T&T 198/4 - 53 Ov. Ganga 69*, Ramdin 49*. An eventful day of cricket comes to an end; Jamaica remain charge at the University of the West Indies' Spectrum in East Trinidad.

T&T still trail Jamaica's 1st inning by 466 runs meaning they'll need to score 467 runs tomorrow to beat Jamaica on 1st innings points to qualify for the finals against the CCC who beat the Windward Islands today. That is highly unlikely.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 04:43:20 PM »

so wait nah, jamaica suppose to ease up on u?  not score too much? give us a chance to bat?

this is not primary school pardna, we have to take our licks like big men.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »

I would think that your first course of concern would have been the inability of the bowlers to bowl out the opposition for a reasonable total in good time. Surprised that your concern is the lack of charity from the opposing captain in not declaring their innings to allow the opposition a chnace to bat and win the game. Shocking.

Your team has a solid batting line up...the challenge for them now is to go out there and erase JAmaica total over the next day and a half. Its doable.

I was responding to the post above mine, but as I said... you have to bowl them out.

so wait nah, jamaica suppose to ease up on u?  not score too much? give us a chance to bat?

this is not primary school pardna, we have to take our licks like big men.

Cricket has a long history of captains looking to settle matters on the field looking for an outright win or at the very least, setting the conditions for a competitive match. Seeking a no-decision, rather than even 1st innings points is cynical and goes against that tradition.

It is very much in the mold of the thread discussion we had going on about walking.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2011, 05:04:25 PM »
Ganga sent them in to bat first .He did not know the rules .

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 03:37:57 AM »
Take it like a man and learn from it
Face it now our bowlers fail in their mission
What goes around comes around,today we were taught a lesson,some day the shoe will be on the other foot,then we will see how the opposition relates to the same predicament... :devil:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 04:39:04 AM »
Cricket has a long history of captains looking to settle matters on the field looking for an outright win or at the very least, setting the conditions for a competitive match. Seeking a no-decision, rather than even 1st innings points is cynical and goes against that tradition.

It is very much in the mold of the thread discussion we had going on about walking.

You are forgetting that this is the knock-out phase....the objective here is not to garner points, its to secure passage to the finals. Now, having said that, and having been inserted to bat by T&T, and given the rules, Any team in Jamaica's position would have done exactly what JAmaica did....Bat for as long as possible, and force the opposition to bowl you out....Had Jamaica needed o win to advance...I am sure, you will agree with me, that the declaration would have come around 450. Again, T&T supposedly had the better bowling lineup...so credit to the Jamaican bat for taking the bolwing apart.

Too bad the T&T captain wasnt paying attention to the rules or what have you. Not a good sign for a guy who is aspiring to be WI captain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2011, 05:26:17 AM »

You are forgetting that this is the knock-out phase....the objective here is not to garner points, its to secure passage to the finals. Now, having said that, and having been inserted to bat by T&T, and given the rules, Any team in Jamaica's position would have done exactly what JAmaica did....Bat for as long as possible, and force the opposition to bowl you out....Had Jamaica needed o win to advance...I am sure, you will agree with me, that the declaration would have come around 450. Again, T&T supposedly had the better bowling lineup...so credit to the Jamaican bat for taking the bolwing apart.

Too bad the T&T captain wasnt paying attention to the rules or what have you. Not a good sign for a guy who is aspiring to be WI captain.

He may have been very well aware, but probably fancied bowling out JA for under 300, so be de case
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2011, 06:40:40 AM »

He may have been very well aware, but probably fancied bowling out JA for under 300, so be de case

apparantly no one was sure about the rules, hence the delay to the start of play. They had a big meeting to discuss what exactly the rules said would happen in a situation like this.

Apart from that, y do we play 4-day cricket instead of 5 day? maybe that contributes to the shittiness of the WI team to build and bat for a proper innings.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2011, 07:04:39 AM »
Five days have nutten to do with it. The whole world plays four day FC games.

The J'can just decided to completely kill the game in their favour.
A man like Lara or Sobers would have made it sporting.

VB

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 08:03:54 AM »

VB

Actually, if you want to mention men like sobers and Lara, you should probably mention also that men like Roberts and Holding would have bowled out the opposition for under 300 thus giving their batsmen a chance at winning the game. you cant win a game if you cant bowl out a side in two and a half days in a 4 day match

Mind you, T&T is  still in with a chance. 6 wickets remaining, and a strike rate of 5.6 required is achievable.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:08:17 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 08:13:12 AM »

VB

VB, get serious nah, real men on dis sub-forum bumpin dey gum bout TT goin it alone and all kinda madness, when it comes to test cricket, we are a joke.  Long way to go, apart from Barath and Bravo senior, dis is out best team and we struggled to get 10 wickets in a reasonable time period w/a mammoth total assembled.  Steups, real jokers yes, so an opposing captain mus say "well, lemme gih trini ah chance to win inspite of what de rules say"  Is it JA's fault we failed to gain 1st innings advtg over them head to head?  Play cricket and keep all dat nicety fuh toddlers
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »
Is there a live link to this game.

Can't see it.

VB

1]; } ?>