March 28, 2024, 09:10:32 AM

Author Topic: Speaking the truth about crowd support  (Read 760 times)

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Speaking the truth about crowd support
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:35:01 AM »
I sat on the bench as coach of Naparima College against schools,like st Benidects,Presentation College,St.Augstine,Signal Hill,Arima and San Juan to name a few,nobody came to see me or any of the coaches and the feeling i got every time was electrifying, the support for the kids was so passionate it was like coaching in the EPL,or La Liga,i looked at some of the other school derbies and i understand why kids would want to continue to play at the higher level, with a support like that or even better,the crowds came to see the players at there best,then as a player i have played in some of the best minor leagues in the country and the intensity and the crowds would be mouth watering,then i sat on the bench as coach of W.connection youth team vs a Joe Public or Jablo with these same players who have enjoyed so much support in there growing years,and you can hear a pin fall.I have watched players like Arnold,Jemmot,Whitley and Marvin Oliver all grow up and they would tell you they enjoy playing in front a crowd support rathered than playing professionally with 100 people in attendance.So if we have to succeed in getting the best out of our players and not wanting them to be drawn back to feelings of the SSFL and the Minor leagues, we have to first find a way to draw to crowds, then the player not the player first,that have failed.Any suggestions? ;)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking the truth about crowd support
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »
Coachman, I played intercol, club football and yute team football and minor league.  At that time people use to go to football probably that was the only alternative. But people use to support their team and other teams and the various leagues. Lots have changed. Demographics is one, but the football structure did not know how to change with it. Most of the renowned clubs with pretty good grassroot support fell by the wayside. Now there are alternate forms of entertaiment. Lots of yutes are not into any sports. Look POS use to get support from Belmont, Laventille, StJame, cocorite, Diego. What are these areas famous for now. Murders. Ireally have to praise them people who go to the PFL. Thanks for your support. I would not mentioned the TTFF. I tired beating a dead horse.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking the truth about crowd support
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:09:45 AM »
It have tons of info/opinions/suggestions....but answers to any question don't come easy, you first have to look and investigate, and think about it, and then look again..You are asking questions, without first looking for answers...on this revisted (a few times) question, here is 3 you can start with, there are also a few, wondering why we have a pro-league at all...anyway, good luck

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=26635.0

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=8546.0

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=31838.0

1]; } ?>