April 27, 2024, 02:10:30 AM

Author Topic: FireBrand got it spot on!  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
FireBrand got it spot on!
« on: April 01, 2011, 11:03:17 PM »
T&T football is now officially DEAD!! Dreadful, Embarrassing And Depressing!

We are now officially the laughing stock of CONCACAF and that is no joke!
Plus no Caribbean teams are afraid to play us anymore as most used to in the past!!

This is what we should do to save our nation further embarrassment!

Divert all football funding (taxpayers money) to athletics until the following is done!

1. We should withdraw all our teams from all international tournaments forthwith for a year to give us enough time to sort our problems out!

2. Forget about qualifying for Brazil 2014, that's a wild fantasy!! We can't even make the Gold Cup right now and deserving so!

3. We need a new federation, Oliver needs to step down and Jack needs to resign as special advisor! His advice is counter-productive!

4. We need to hire proper coaches at all levels.

5. We need a TD who can implement a proper player development programme at all levels.

Until we can win a Caribbean Cup, make a Gold Cup & compete well against the likes of Mexico, USA & Costa Rica we should stop fantasising about even qualifying for a world cup and wasting taxpayers’ money hiring quick fix coaches who mainly looking for a holiday in the sun and a retirement cheque at T&T taxpayers expense!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:12:34 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: FireBrand got it spot on!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:09:09 AM »
Why not just 3, 4 and 5?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 06:13:35 AM »
Why not just 3, 4 and 5?

If you wish to continue being embarrassed then I can agree with you!  :-[
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:55:51 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:22:16 AM »
With the last 3 it should not take an entire year to recover. With less change than that our football changed dramatically in the WC2006 campaign. IMO, at senior team level we have enough decent players that with a good coach, the right selections and disciplined approach we will be respectable in concacaf. Can't speak for the youth teams.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 06:40:44 AM »
The sad thing for me is that two of the defenders actually had first team experience. Secondly a lot of money was spent on exposure and preparation. When the under 17"s beat this team- A redflag went up but the same old excuses.
 We have to stop recycling coaches. This has to be the end of the line for Vranes.
 Maybe now that Terry is unemployed we should give him the job of youth development coach.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 07:04:03 AM »
The sad thing for me is that two of the defenders actually had first team experience. Secondly a lot of money was spent on exposure and preparation. When the under 17"s beat this team- A redflag went up but the same old excuses.
 We have to stop recycling coaches. This has to be the end of the line for Vranes.
 Maybe now that Terry is unemployed we should give him the job of youth development coach.

2 men dont make a team, liberia did anything when george weah was in his prime?

the results further demonstrates that the TTFF has no plan in place, pfister is expected to perform another Beenie miracle.  The funny thing is this squad has some really good players, IMO some of the best since the 91 squad with sherwood, yorke, eve, nixon, pacheco,etc. 

I think our tactics let us down, we played to not lose against cuba instead of trying to win with the hope of finding a goal somewhere to win in the end and it did not happen.  As for the mexico game plan i have no idea what it was.  It looked like the plan was to play de a$$.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 07:57:47 AM »
USA USA USA...  :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »
I mostly post on the General section now because of the state of the game here. I could only support Barca and Brazil and few players. My country's football is at its lowest point ever.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »
I mostly post on the General section now because of the state of the game here. I could only support Barca and Brazil and few players. My country's football is at its lowest point ever.

U will soon have 2 go in d jokes section because d country at d lowest point ever.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 10:44:28 AM »
T&T football is now officially DEAD!! Dreadful, Embarrassing And Depressing!

We are now officially the laughing stock of CONCACAF and that is no joke!
Plus no Caribbean teams are afraid to play us anymore as most used to in the past!!

This is what we should do to save our nation further embarrassment!

Divert all football funding (taxpayers money) to athletics until the following is done!

1. We should withdraw all our teams from all international tournaments forthwith for a year to give us enough time to sort our problems out!

2. Forget about qualifying for Brazil 2014, that's a wild fantasy!! We can't even make the Gold Cup right now and deserving so!

3. We need a new federation, Oliver needs to step down and Jack needs to resign as special advisor! His advice is counter-productive!

4. We need to hire proper coaches at all levels.

5. We need a TD who can implement a proper player development programme at all levels.

Until we can win a Caribbean Cup, make a Gold Cup & compete well against the likes of Mexico, USA & Costa Rica we should stop fantasising about even qualifying for a world cup and wasting taxpayers’ money hiring quick fix coaches who mainly looking for a holiday in the sun and a retirement cheque at T&T taxpayers expense!

I couldnt agree any further!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »
Look on de bright side... "God is a Trini..."

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
Careful what yuh ask for
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 07:25:21 AM »
Careful what yuh ask for

Why yuh saying that, yuh want things to continue going downhill as its been or yuh is ah Karene Asche fan?

When will you of had enough, when Grenada, Guyana & Vincy start to beat us 5-nil like Mexico just did?  ::)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:26:58 AM by Socapro »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 12:09:10 PM »
5 mile runs twice a day for 2 months, with progress time goals.  Bet we start winning.  I think we have more natural flavor thant Africans.  But African teams are super fit and super strong.  They strike the fear of God in yuh.  If we get fitness and physicality all the rest might fall into place.   
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »

That is a very good idea. Whether it works out right away or not, one thing is for sure. He will wake up all the old men and favoured sons who have been dozing off at the wheel.

For that reason alone any Terry Fenwick appointment, however implausible, will be met with opposition and long drawn knives.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 07:05:05 PM »

That is a very good idea. Whether it works out right away or not, one thing is for sure. He will wake up all the old men and favoured sons who have been dozing off at the wheel.

For that reason alone any Terry Fenwick appointment, however implausible, will be met with opposition and long drawn knives.

That's our main problem right there!!
Too many people involved with running T&T football are more concerned with protecting their jobs and their positions (a secure wage) rather than doing what they are really there for which is to improve T&T football!
Most of them need to be shifted out but will resist allowing anyone in who may shake up the status quo!

1]; } ?>