April 19, 2024, 12:08:24 PM

Author Topic: Mexico routs Trinidad, Cuba qualifies for U-20 QFs.  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Mexico routs Trinidad, Cuba qualifies for U-20 QFs.
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:48:43 AM »
Mexico routs Trinidad, Cuba qualifies for U-20 QFs.
CONCACAF.COM.

GUATEMALA CITY - Taufic Guarch scored three goals and hit the post another time to lead Mexico a 5-0 victory over Trinidad & Tobago on Friday, eliminating the "Young Warriors" and earning Cuba a place in the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship.

Mexico already had clinched a berth in the knockout round and Friday's rout clinched the Group D title, pitting it against Canada in Tuesday's quarterfinals.

Group D's other berth went to Cuba, which -- by virtue of losing only 3-0 to Mexico - advanced on goal difference over Trinidad. It will play Costa Rica in Tuesday's other quarterfinal.

The four quarterfinal winners will qualify for the U-20 World Cup in Colombia July 29-August 20.

Cuba also qualified for the Pan American Games in Mexico in October as the highest finishing Caribbean team at the CONCACAF U-20 finals. The Caribbean's four other U-20 qualifiers: Suriname, Guadeloupe, Jamaica and Trinidad were eliminated in the first round.

Guarch and Alan Pulido both scored twice in the first half, with Ulises Davila helping to set up the first three.

Trinidad forced Mexican keeper Carlos Lopez into a pair of athletic saves in the 69th and 74th minutes, but rarely mounted any sustained threat.

Mexico jumped ahead in the seventh minute when Davila's short through ball enabled Pulido to get off a low shot that Trinidad keeper Stefan Berkley was able to block with his legs. But the rebound drifted into the middle of the area and Guarch walked in to volley into an open net.

Guarch doubled the lead in the 25th when Davila crossed from the left side, and the Tecos forward bounced a header off the turf, off the right post and into the net.

Pulido, who had one of Mexico's goals in its win over Cuba, scored his first of the game in the 31st. Davila outmuscled Trinidad's Weslie John to create space and slide a ball to the right side of area. Pulido touched it toward goal, shouldering off Akeem Adams and rolling a shot low past Berkley from nine meters.

Pulido increased the lead to 4-0 in the 41st, a goal which tentatively put Cuba in the quarterfinals. Saul Villalobos drove a low cross into the area and Berkley came off his line to defuse the danger of an approaching Guarch. But Berkley was unable to punch away and the ball ended up behind him.

Adams tried to clear it, but only kicked it into the back of Berkley and Pulido pounced on the loose ball.

Mexico continued the onslaught a minute and a half into the second half when Guarch broke into the area and had his shot deflected by Berkley onto the left post.

Guarch completed the scoring in the 49th. Pulido took a throw-in, fought off John and sent a square ball in front of the goal, where Guarch volleyed it with the outside of his right foot.

Mexico is seeking an 11th CONCACAF title and 12th trip to World Cup after failing to qualify in 2009.

Teams

Trinidad & Tobago: - 21.Stefan Berkeley; 5.Akeem Adams, 6.Joevin Jones (Yellow 45), 12.Akil Clarke (Yellow 38), 15.Dwight Ceballo; 4.Sheldon Bateau (capt), 19.Weslie John, 17.Marcus Joseph (Yellow 88), 8.Kenaz Williams (13.Jerren Quashie 46th); 9.Johan Peltier (2.Isaiah Ferguson 71st), 10.Jerrel Britto (7.Shahdon Winchester 42nd).

Video Highlights - Mexico v Trinidad & Tobago

Referee: - José Molina (Honduras).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:02:56 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico routs Trinidad, Cuba qualifies for U-20 QFs.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:57:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4O0G1bK3KSI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4O0G1bK3KSI</a>

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:32:57 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 06:28:13 AM »
*SIGH*

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:26:57 AM »
look how that number 19 get beat for goal number 5
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:39:09 AM »
Ive stayed away from posting for a while because Im disgusted with the state of trinidad and tobago football but watching those highlights confirmed for me we dont have a clue what it takes to be a power in world football anymore...and what is even more disappointing is that our administration doesnt have a clue either. I mean basic elements of the game were exposed in all of those five goals we conceded....and they going to move forward doing the same things on the senior level! pitiful is all i can say!!

Anyhow i wish them the best moving forward....where that is only time will tell. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »
Ive stayed away from posting for a while because Im disgusted with the state of trinidad and tobago football but watching those highlights confirmed for me we dont have a clue what it takes to be a power in world football anymore...and what is even more disappointing is that our administration doesnt have a clue either. I mean basic elements of the game were exposed in all of those five goals we conceded....and they going to move forward doing the same things on the senior level! pitiful is all i can say!!

Anyhow i wish them the best moving forward....where that is only time will tell. :beermug:

dread...only headache after the third goal.....and i telling myself where is the TD in all this...why we keep making the same mistake over and over again and no change...the people who are running TTFF from Jack  all the way down don't care about the development but care what go into there pocket....cause you can tell me you seeing ta ta like that at all level of the game from U15 to senior and not say or make serious change or even stop all international game and start over from basic up....TTFF ADMINISTRATER DON'T CARE  AND THEY HAVE NO PRIDE...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY EVERYONE IS GETTING AT THE END OF THE MONTH....it's only after someone get firer who is part of the administration you may here they say this and that and they doing thing wrong but while they are in there they not saying anything cause everything is safe...and that the bottom line

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
This a very good bunch of players and they didn't deserve to loose 5-0.  The TTFF and the coaching staff have to take a serious look at themselves!  Interesting to see what type of changes will be made.. TD, the ball is in your court, we want to hear yuh!.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 12:36:02 PM »
De 4th Goal was bad too.  The defender had no awareness about what was going on around him.  De ball watching man boots de ball back into he own goalie to create a perfect rebound for Mexico. I do not know why we jes lacking in de basics and cyah keep things simple.  Dem fellas does jes buckle under pressure and resort to foolish mistakes.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »
Listen to this trinidad footballers whether junior or senior have lots of problems but for me I see one glaring problem over the years we're in awe of major competition it's as though we're stuck in a state of perpetual stage fright.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »
I have a request for the moderators of this forum. I would like to have this message published for the TTFF to see. As a fan of the beautiful game in TnT and around the world I am experiencing a massive tsunami of a different kind, its called incompetence. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of the incompetence of this entire administration. This entire administration's performance is the epitome of a massive earthquake that has come and destroyed the beautiful game and the lives of so many people in and around the game, your mere existence in the sport is one shaped by monetary greed and years of unaccountable cataracts buildup in your vision. The mental dwarfness and visionary deformity of this entire administration has driven the quality of the game into the abyss of shame and has embarrassed this proud nation one too many times. Of course you have no shame, the players are wearing it every time they step off the field. The current U20 team, the U17 team, and the Senior team were pathetic.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:10:10 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 04:25:37 PM »
I will always feel it for the boys on the field but the results speak for themselves

WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, let those who compete and win be the ones to represent the region at all levels

We have to keep losing, the proof will always be in the results, the administration needs to go
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 04:46:09 PM »
I will always feel it for the boys on the field but the results speak for themselves

WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, let those who compete and win be the ones to represent the region at all levels

We have to keep losing, the proof will always be in the results, the administration needs to go

and you really think they don't know that...they f-ing do...but with no heart and pride they not saying or doing anything to better the team that respresent Trinidad and Tobago at all level...and that a damn shame...these men seeing and reading the same thing we are....but don't have a clue but decided to stay cause it's all about a pay check at the end of the day....where is Lincoln Phillip...knowing he being around U.S. soccer...but his mouth is shut...Camp...he like never had a clue....as long Jack in charge he will be there till he drop dead...look- roy and cornmeal....these guy play the game local and internationally...yet still being out dated by the game and the funny thing about it...none is saying anything or doing anything with there head in the sand...WOW WHAT A F-ING SHAME...cause they know it all about getting pay at the end of the day....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »

and you really think they don't know that...they f-ing do...but with no heart and pride they not saying or doing anything to better the team that respresent Trinidad and Tobago at all level...and that a damn shame...these men seeing and reading the same thing we are....but don't have a clue but decided to stay cause it's all about a pay check at the end of the day....where is Lincoln Phillip...knowing he being around U.S. soccer...but his mouth is shut...Camp...he like never had a clue....as long Jack in charge he will be there till he drop dead...look- roy and cornmeal....these guy play the game local and internationally...yet still being out dated by the game and the funny thing about it...none is saying anything or doing anything with there head in the sand...WOW WHAT A F-ING SHAME...cause they know it all about getting pay at the end of the day....

Then let the beatings continue.

No Gold Cup
No U-17 World Cup
No U-20 World Cup
What's next on the calendar?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 05:57:58 PM »
What"s next on the calendar/ A new Coach- A messiah who would take us to the promise land.
 Same .old same old. Nothing new under the Sun in sweet T&T.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 06:14:41 PM »
What"s next on the calendar/ A new Coach- A messiah who would take us to the promise land.
 Same .old same old. Nothing new under the Sun in sweet T&T.

I highly doubt that will work, we had enough working parts i.e. foreign based pros in the 06 campaign for things to come together.

If you look at our compliment this rounds, we fall way short. It will take a special effort indeed and things are impossible to turnaround overnight.

Time will tell

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »
Ouch.

Seems like Akeem Adams had a particularly bad game or was left out to dry by his teammates in the defense...
I shudder to think he was being touted as a senior team fixture not so long ago...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 10:47:18 PM »
Somebody write a letter of encouragement to them fellas, they need it.  Flex, Tallman.  Wah allyuh say? 
Let them know the fans still here and to keep they head up.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 01:03:49 AM »
Somebody write a letter of encouragement to them fellas, they need it.  Flex, Tallman.  Wah allyuh say? 

Ah had a line or two to that effect and then ended up deleting it. I kinda fed up hearing about "treat it as a learning experience and come back stronger. Seems like in addition to setting up these young fellas to fail, we also starting to inaugurate them into the "Mediocracy" that we engineered around the Men's senior team, West Indies cricket and almost any other team sport you could name these days...

Doh study me though. Is just the aloes talking...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 08:31:32 AM »
Seems like Akeem Adams had a particularly bad game or was left out to dry by his teammates in the defense...
I shudder to think he was being touted as a senior team fixture not so long ago...

De right back, Weslie John, also had a terrible game. As a matter of fact, de whole defense was in shambles throughout de game.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 09:04:12 AM »

De right back, Weslie John, also had a terrible game. As a matter of fact, de whole defense was in shambles throughout de game.

cant blame akeem or weslie alone. as you pointed out the whole defense was in a mess and the problems started in midfield with them giving away the ball easily. 

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Bows Out of Race to Colombia
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
TTFF Media

Trinidad and Tobago bowed out of the qualifying race for the 2011 FIFA Under 20 World Cup with a disappointing display which saw them suffer a 5-0 defeat to Mexico in their closing group encounter in Guatemala City on Friday night.

Needing to draw or avoid a defeat by three goals or more to seal a quarter final spot ahead over Cuba, it was the Cubans who were celebrating at the final whistle and that was no April Fools Joke as as T&T just never lived up to expectations.

Mexico had most of its players which featured in their Under 17 team which defeated T&T 7-0 in the Concacaf qualifiers in 2009 while T&T also had some players featuring in both campaigns .Taufic Guarch was in dominant form with three goals, also hitting the post on one occasion. Alan Pulido netted a double and at one stage, Mexico were cruising 4-0 going into the half time break.

Only Marcus Joseph came close to scoring for T&T with a fierce left footed effort which forced goalkeeper Carlos Lopez to  push around his right post in the 73rd minute and earlier he forced the ‘keeper to parry away another good effort.

T&T saw a bit more of the ball in the second half but even as Mexico led handsomely, they always had sufficient numbers behind the ball and quickly closed down T&T once they progressed anywhere close to the penalty box. T&T’s final bit of service lacked anything capable of testing the Mexican defence.

Mexico took a 7th minute lead when Guarch nailed a rebound from close range after Stefan Berkely blocked the first shot with his legs. Guarch was at it again in the 25th when his header went in off the right post  Davila then outmuscled T&T’s Weslie John before playing it goalwards for Pulido to slip past the hapless T&T custodian.

Pulido made it 4-0 in the 41st after a failed attempt at clearing by T&T allowed him to pounce on a loose ball and Guarch got his third with a shot which deflected off Berkely soon after the second half started.

The Caribbean's four other U-20 qualifiers: Suriname, Guadeloupe, Jamaica and T&T were eliminated in the first round with Cuba progressing to the “quarters”.

T&T captain Sheldon Bateau did not hide his disappointment afterwards.

“It’s maybe the worst I have felt after a football match and I think I can say the same for my teammates. We came here with good hopes and we failed to make it happen. It’s a very disappointing time for us because I thought we had a squad good enough to advance and we did not perform,” Bateau told TTFF Media. (April 1,2011

Trinidad & Tobago line up. - 21.Stefan Berkeley; 5.Akeem Adams, 6.Joevin Jones (Yellow 45), 12.Akil Clarke (Yellow 38), 15.Dwight Ceballo; 4.Sheldon Bateau (capt), 19.Weslie John, 17.Marcus Joseph (Yellow 88), 8.Kenaz Williams (13.Jerren Quashie 46th); 9.Johan Peltier (2.Isaiah Ferguson 71st), 10.Jerrel Britto (7.Shahdon Winchester 42nd).

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:07:01 PM by E-man »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »
Whoever was the soldier with the small braids/plaits get spin round in a circle TWICE...on two different occasion.

and this is just highlights eh.

We ent know how much more tun up them fellas get on the field that wasnt shown.

But there was improvement....from collecting 4 in the first half to only 1 in the 2nd.

I feeling sorry for the keeper as his own player blast a shot in his chest... :rotfl:

Dah real shameful...knowing yuh hadda lorse by three and collect 5.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 11:45:08 AM »

Ah had a line or two to that effect and then ended up deleting it. I kinda fed up hearing about "treat it as a learning experience and come back stronger. Seems like in addition to setting up these young fellas to fail, we also starting to inaugurate them into the "Mediocracy" that we engineered around the Men's senior team, West Indies cricket and almost any other team sport you could name these days...

Doh study me though. Is just the aloes talking...

After watching that clip them fellas get bad bad licks.  I don't think you could learn anything from that amount of licks.  We might as well just overs that and give then a bligh. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Bows Out of Race to Colombia
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »

TTFF Media

wha it is going on with de headline?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Bows Out of Race to Colombia
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 06:00:43 PM »

TTFF Media

wha it is going on with de headline?

The finals are in Colombia 29 July to 20 August 2011.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »

1]; } ?>