April 20, 2024, 01:29:54 AM

Author Topic: Breaking: Top Trinidadian Footballer Injured  (Read 5851 times)

Breaking: Top Trinidadian Footballer Injured
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »
AP -
01/25/2011

A Trinidadian midfielder playing in the US was injured on Tuesday night while turning out for his local Miami team.  He was having another great game in this spring season, having created 2 goals and threatening to score with two shots on goal.  Sadly, about 30 minutes into the game he suffered a double ankle ligament sprain to his gifted right foot.  After beating his Jamaican opponent, the Jamaican desperately or perhaps maliciously stuck out a foot which caught Peong's trailing right foot.  His team "Yellow Bibs" were disheartened to lose such a creative midfielder, but vowed to fight on.  A Yellow Bibs spokesperson has confirmed that Peong will be out for 4-6 weeks.  Peong was reported to be resting and applying ice-packs.

Re: Breaking: Top Trinidadian Footballer Injured
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 01:26:20 PM »
After beating his Jamaican opponent, the Jamaican desperately or perhaps maliciously stuck out a foot which caught Peong's trailing right foot.

What yuh beat him wit, ah two by four?

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:27:37 PM »
Wish "him" a speedy recovery  ;D  :beermug:

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
AP -
01/25/2011

A Trinidadian midfielder playing in the US was injured on Tuesday night while turning out for his local Miami team.  He was having another great game in this spring season, having created 2 goals and threatening to score with two shots on goal.  Sadly, about 30 minutes into the game he suffered a double ankle ligament sprain to his gifted right foot.  After beating his Jamaican opponent, the Jamaican desperately or perhaps maliciously stuck out a foot which caught Peong's trailing right foot.  His team "Yellow Bibs" were disheartened to lose such a creative midfielder, but vowed to fight on.  A Yellow Bibs spokesperson has confirmed that Peong will be out for 4-6 weeks.  Peong was reported to be resting and applying ice-packs.

In related news, former Jabloteh U20 play maker Triniairman has come back to the game after being out for 4 years due to military obligations. Triniairman is currently hitting the gym hard and is working on his fitness. more to come on this story.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
Did The article state how much babash was consumed beforehand?

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »
Wish "him" a speedy recovery  ;D  :beermug:

2 IDLE  :rotfl:

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
Jamaican eh?I'm not surprised coz dats how they play.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 04:19:02 PM »
In other news a man had a sandwich at a restaurant today.  It is reported that the sandwich in question contained cheese of some sort.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
In other news a man had a sandwich at a restaurant today.  It is reported that the sandwich in question contained cheese of some sort.

Come now Panther, yuh hurtin my feelings.  Surely I'm more important than a cheese sandwich?

Seriously though, I take the ball from the man, shake him, he stumble, and I on my way, de man reach out and clip meh ankle.  I get partial tears on the inside (medial) and outside (lateral) ligaments.  Now I on crutches for maybe the next couple weeks. Steups.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 06:37:26 PM »

Come now Panther, yuh hurtin my feelings.  Surely I'm more important than a cheese sandwich?

Seriously though, I take the ball from the man, shake him, he stumble, and I on my way, de man reach out and clip meh ankle.  I get partial tears on the inside (medial) and outside (lateral) ligaments.  Now I on crutches for maybe the next couple weeks. Steups.

You always injured eh

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »
That will teach yuh tuh play football wid Jkans, the biggest hakkers after american white boys. dem men will break yuh foot in ah simple pick up game, let alone ah competitive one.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 07:52:43 PM »

You always injured eh

First injury in years G. In Howard it was a wild Nigerian midget who mash meh up.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »
That will teach yuh tuh play football wid Jkans, the biggest hakkers after american white boys. dem men will break yuh foot in ah simple pick up game, let alone ah competitive one.
I've played with just about everyone in competitive and non-competitive matches, Turks, Polish, Ghanaians, Bosnians, Kosovars, Argentines, Irish, Greeks, every kind of Central American, Koreans, Togolese, Jamaicans, many different American white boys, you name it, I've probably played against it...I've found that there is no one group that is worse when it comes to hacking, it is all down to each individual's mentality.  With that being said in a recreational league the only slide tackle I remember came in from an American white boy, full-blooded, two-legged, high-footed when we were down about 5-0.  I saw this guy break a striker's leg once while playing keeper (the challenge wasn't unfair, he came out to claim at the striker's feet and the kid just didn't avoid it).  Luckily no one was hurt, but I was the player-manager and had to have him have a seat for that one.  I've never found the Jamaicans to be particularly tackle-happy.  The only yellow card I've ever gotten was when we got scored on (even though they were offside), and I was kicking the ball back to the center circle and tried to bend it around my teammates who were arguing with the referee, and it hit the referee in the knee/thigh...I was sure he was going to send me off for that one.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:43:34 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline #4

• #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 09:21:50 PM »
AP -
01/25/2011

Speedy recovery... :beermug:

In related news, there should really be a Miami sweat sometime.

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes.
Just Cool the Jamaicans I sweat with are cool fellas, this one fella was just a kinda oaf, big and clumsy, and he made a bad decision.

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 10:24:48 PM »

Seriously though, I take the ball from the man, shake him, and then ah wake up
Tell de story right nah man

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes.
Just Cool the Jamaicans I sweat with are cool fellas, this one fella was just a kinda oaf, big and clumsy, and he made a bad decision.
I just joshing man, doh pay me no never mind. :D

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 06:36:49 AM »
After beating his Jamaican opponent, the Jamaican desperately or perhaps maliciously stuck out a foot which caught Peong's trailing right foot.

What yuh beat him wit, ah two by four?
Should've. If he did beat him with de 2 by 4 he wouldna be the one on crutches right now.

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »

Jsut about the ugliest tackle I've seen on TV was dished out by a Triniddian Ancil Elcock on Cuathemoc Blanco, almost ended the players career. I guess thats how Trinis play?

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »

Jsut about the ugliest tackle I've seen on TV was dished out by a Triniddian Ancil Elcock on Cuathemoc Blanco, almost ended the players career. I guess thats how Trinis play?

No that is how we does deal with bitches on the field.  Besides, if that is "Jsut about the ugliest tackle" you've ever seen then yuh need to start watching more football.

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 08:06:47 PM »

No that is how we does deal with bitches on the field.  Besides, if that is "Jsut about the ugliest tackle" you've ever seen then yuh need to start watching more football.

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »

Seriously though, I take the ball from the man, shake him, and then ah wake up
Tell de story right nah man

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
"It was reported today that the Trini baller made a successful return today and scored a goal." 
The ankle was strapped up tight though.  I can't do the hard runnin yet so I worked on just shiftin men to make space.

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 10:21:09 AM »
"It was reported today that the Trini baller made a successful return today and scored a goal." 
The ankle was strapped up tight though.  I can't do the hard runnin yet so I worked on just shiftin men to make space.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Nah somehow ah rel like dat Peong...it make meh think about how Latas will probably be playing now wid he Uber-Skillfull self, dat probably was yuh intention.

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »
Intention is right, I tryin but barely gettin away wit ting.