April 23, 2024, 06:26:13 AM

Author Topic: What happened to VISION 20/20  (Read 618 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
What happened to VISION 20/20
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:18:56 PM »
 In trying to  be patient and looking for a hope of  return to a more 'civil' Trinidad and Tobago, I  anxiously await some action some statement from our  government as to what  are the hopes , aspirations and vision for  the future.

Upon cleaning out my files, I came upon a  full page document form the TnT Express Wednesday  July 23rd 2003 p.33. That boldly outlined a VISION STATEMENT for TnT.

• By the year 2020, we will be a united, resilient, productive, innovative and prosperous nation with disciplined, caring, fun loving society comprising healthy, happy and well educated people and built on the enduring attributes of self- reliance, respect, tolerance equity and integrity in which:

Every citizen has equal opportunities to achieve his fullest potential
         All citizens enjoy a high quality of life, where quality health care is available to all and where safe,      peaceful, environmentally- friendly communities are maintained

All citizens are assured of a sound, relevant education system tailored to meet the human resource needs of a modern, progressive, technologically advanced nation

Optimum use is made of all the resources of the nation
The family as the foundation of the society contributes to its growth, development and stability

There is respect for the rule of law and human rights and the promotion of the principles of democracy

The diversity and creativity of all its people are valued and nurtured.

Very solid 'motherhood ' statements but without action , concrete strategies to ensure that these are  being worked at, these remain as I found them in some files in ah government office...probably shredded by now.
It's a sad  legacy of government  or elected  parties not working  together and not finding the positive in the other that would be to the benefit of the nation. Are there any contentious issues with  any part of these visionary statements that were geared to take us to 2020?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to VISION 20/20
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:23:47 PM »
D VISION DIED 24TH MAY 2010. Is now 7 pillars of econmic development. I feel d pillars we have on d altar in church stronger than dat document.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>