April 27, 2024, 01:39:06 AM

Author Topic: Pfister is the man in charge  (Read 7293 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pfister is the man in charge
« on: April 05, 2011, 04:04:43 PM »
Pfister is the man in charge.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

It is official! German Otto Pfister is the new head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team as he was unveiled in his official capacity at a media conference hosted by the T&T Football Federation at the Crowne Plaza, Port of Spain on Tuesday afternoon.

Pfister, one from a list of coaches screened by the Federation’s technical committee, was selected and deemed the best man for the job and will official begin his duties this month. He takes over the reign from Russell Latapy who took over the position midway through the 2010 World Cup final round up until last December.

It was announced also that Pfister will begin training with a group of home-based players from this month and he will also attend the Concacaf Gold Cup in the summer to view those teams that are likely to be among T&T’s opponents during the 2014 World Cup campaign.

His opening words at the media conference indicated that he was not concerned with his current CV, which had been read to the audience by the chairperson moments earlier,  but more so with his role of taking the “Soca Warriors” back among the best in Concacaf and subsequently the best in the world come Brazil 2014.

“Football is not about history so much, for me it’s all about the new challenge I have with the Trinidad and Tobago team. I will give all my best from my side for the qualification for the next World Cup. I know the situation but I also have to analyze in my first time here. Trinidad and Tobago went to the World Cup (in 2006) but they did not go to the Gold Cup. There are some reasons for that but I do not know all right now and I will find out more over the next few days. We have the work together from today. My main thing now is working, working and working …that way we have a chance.

Adding that he already had a list of potential players to make up his squad both based home and abroad, he said "We have to find out who from these boys is ready to play all from the heart for Trinidad and Tobago. who from these boys is ready to take a passport to play for Trinidad and Tobago. We don’t have much time.  The football is dominated in this area by United States and Mexico. All the rest fight for the third position. This is my objective from my side that I will give my best for this qualification. I cannot give a guarantee. No coach in the world can give a guarantee. The only guarantee I can you is with my heart and all my knowledge that I will work twenty fours to twenty four hours for Trinidad and Tobago,” Pfister stated on Tuesday.
The former Cameroon and Ghana coach said he intends to work closely with local coaches and will look towards his assistants being from these shores.

Also in attendance at Tuesday’s conference was FIFA Vice President and TTFF Special Adviser Jack Warner who held the position of Acting Prime Minister. He mentioned that Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar had already requested a budget from Minister of Sports Anil Roberts and the TTFF in relation to T&T’s quest for qualification for the 2014 World Cup Finals.

View Pfister's address

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:11:18 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister is the man in charge
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »
We papa!!

Brazil 2014 here we come!!  :wavetowel: :party: :whip: :whistling:
Copyright: Brownsugar or is weary?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:08:13 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
I might be reading too much into it... but to me it doesn't portend well that the man show up to the press conference announcing his hire in a pair of jeans.  Hope that's not an indication as to how serious he taking we.

Besides, I really want to know if he take this job and doh know nutten about the blacklist.

I know the situation but I also have to analyze in my first time here. Trinidad and Tobago went to the World Cup (in 2006) but they did not go to the Gold Cup. There are some reasons for that but I do not know all right now and I will find out more over the next few days.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:11:45 PM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
I might be reading too much into it... but to me it doesn't portend well that the man show up to the press conference announcing his hire in a pair of jeans.  Hope that's not an indication as to how serious he taking we.Besides, I really want to know if he take this job and doh know nutten about the blacklist.

I know the situation but I also have to analyze in my first time here. Trinidad and Tobago went to the World Cup (in 2006) but they did not go to the Gold Cup. There are some reasons for that but I do not know all right now and I will find out more over the next few days.

Whey boi Bakes, yuh on point today!!
That jeans he's wearing is all the confirmation I need to know that the man not insane and knows exactly what's instore and is simply here for a nice retirement holiday!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 04:42:48 PM »
That jeans he's wearing is all the confirmation I need to know that the man not insane and knows exactly what's instore and is simply here for a nice retirement holiday!  8)

I want to see if he was wearing socks and sandals... tuh go with Jack Hibiscus tie, lol

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »

I want to see if he was wearing socks and sandals... tuh go with Jack Hibiscus tie, lol

Yeah that will be more confirmation!  :)

I guess the first question he will have for the media is where are the best beaches as I plan to take my team around the country for some beach training!!   8)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »

Yeah that will be more confirmation!  :)

I guess the first question he will have for the media is where are the best beaches as I plan to take my team around the country for some beach training!!   8)

De sand will strenghten their calf muscles

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »
some vids coming up

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 05:57:38 PM »
A jeans and jacket is accepted as relaxed formal dress......if one travels/do business to Latin America/Europe this will be seen. Yes there is other culture beyond the Neo Anglophone Horizon!
tell them it was me

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »
i try to record from the 3 major channels, pick one  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QriWGR8RXKE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QriWGR8RXKE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c9lJbh0yAkk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c9lJbh0yAkk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvIrP0-QIf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KvIrP0-QIf4</a>

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:15:56 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
Bakes, most Germans in coaching are very casual. Even in the league watch carefully most wear jeans, some even wearing rip jeans and leather jackets
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 06:14:26 PM »
Alyuh can't wait for this man to fail boy jah...men bawl cuz the man have on jeans he not serious...steups

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
I might be reading too much into it... but to me it doesn't portend well that the man show up to the press conference announcing his hire in a pair of jeans.  Hope that's not an indication as to how serious he taking we.

but ay-ay
he in de carribean....allyuh lucky he eh come out in ah hawaiian shirt and ah straw hat

if we minister of sport does rock it casual during a world cup, I find emperor palpatine could more dan wear he dungarees
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »
A jeans and jacket is accepted as relaxed formal dress......if one travels/do business to Latin America/Europe this will be seen. Yes there is other culture beyond the Neo Anglophone Horizon!

Your assumption is borne of ignorance on a couple fronts...

a) that my comment is somehow steeped in some "Neo Anglophone" bias... whatever that is;

b) I am well-acquainted with the "business-casual dress code, even as it applies to Europe.  The question isn't "what is the European definition of business-casual?", but rather "is business-casual the appropriate dress code for this occasion?".

Bakes, most Germans in coaching are very casual. Even in the league watch carefully most wear jeans, some even wearing rip jeans and leather jackets

I made allowances for the fact that I may be reading too much into it, but still question the propriety of showing up for a press conference, your very first formal introduction as head coach, dressed in jeans.  Maybe that's just his personal style.  Granted I haven't watched too many press conferences introducing new German coaches in general... but even on the sidelines in games I've never seen a coach in jeans.

Alyuh can't wait for this man to fail boy jah...men bawl cuz the man have on jeans he not serious...steups

Really?  Which 'men' bawl dat?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »
i wish him the best...

its a normal style for professionals in europe to dress this way.

he has the experience and knowledge to qualify the team. :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
We papa!!

Copyright: Brownsugar or is weary?

Brownsugar
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »
We papa!!

Copyright: Brownsugar ©

Brownsugar

Okay thanks!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 09:24:32 PM »
i wish him the best...

its a normal style for professionals in europe to dress this way.

he has the experience and knowledge to qualify the team. :beermug:

When we can beat USA, Mexico & CR at home and at least draw with them in their yard on a consistent basis then I'll start taking that comment seriously!
But one step at a time, lets see how many more times for the year we will play Antigua, Grenada, Guyana and the like rather than playing regularly against world class opponents now that the international saviour has arrived!  ::)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:30:51 PM by Socapro »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:28 PM »
me aint care if he wear a jeans or jockey shorts....

I personally not thrilled by this appointment.
I think T&T players, based on our culture, will respond better to a big name coach.
Beenie had that.

How many of us know this man before he come here.

The average yute man playing for T&T will obviously regard a coach who has coached Real Madrid (Quieroz) more than a coach who was in charge a couple African countries . Jus playing for a man who manage Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham et al...... U aint crossing he whatsoever and your whole aim is to please him as he has worked with the best.

The next thing is his age. What we need in T&T is intensity. Hard to see this as being this man's strong point.

I hope I am proved wrong.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:32:03 PM by Trini »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 12:08:03 AM »
I find it interesting that I make one passing comment about the man and he jeans and everybody hone in on that while ignoring the larger issues.

I repeat... I find it hard to believe this man accept this job without conducting some sort of proper inquiry into what really taking place in local football.

How de ass you will wait until after you take the job to assess the situation you getting into?  The main reason the 2010 campaign get derailed before it start is de facking blacklist... allyuh going on and on saying jeans doh matter... okay fine it doh matter.  Not one blasted word on the fact that the man come and collecting ah check without doing he homework on the ongoing problems between the Federation and players?  And by that I don't just mean the 2006 WC players.  In the end it may not amount to much... but right now this is hardly instilling confidence in me as a fan.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 12:31:51 AM »
If you've been following twitter, Pfister's agent is in touch with Birchall:
http://twitter.com/search?q=DamianDowney

damiandowney  @chrisbirchall7  Hope you'll be watching the official unveiling of new T&T Head Coach Otto Pfister 2moro. Keep an eye out, speak to you soon.

chrisbirchall7 @DamianDowney yeh pal I will be, I'm sure he will get us under a strict qualifying campaign and we can push for Brazil 14!!!

damiandowney  @chrisbirchall7  That's the aim bud. We'll be swinging by to watch a game shortly. Try and catch up after the match - if ur not suspended! ;)

damiandowney @chrisbirchall7  Here we go mate. My client was today confirmed as T&T Head Coach... http://bit.ly/fzoknj

Also this about the staff:

sanjivapersad  @DamianDowney  Can I ask about Pfister's coaches & assistants, or is that not public information yet? #trinidadandtobago  #socawarriors

damiandowney  @sanjivapersad  it hasn't been decided yet so unfortunately I cannot give you an answer. The press conference later may give more details.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 05:19:07 AM »
Pfister is the man in charge.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Adding that he already had a list of potential players to make up his squad both based home and abroad, he said "We have to find out who from these boys is ready to play all from the heart for Trinidad and Tobago. who from these boys is ready to take a passport to play for Trinidad and Tobago.

I wonder who are those players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 05:33:10 AM »
Let us get back to the real Issue. The man wants to find out why we did not Qualify for the Gold Cup.
 Tell him to get in touch with Sam and call Tallman and Flex for the relevant posting about blacklist and why Latas did not pick certain players. In short let him study this Forum

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 05:48:39 AM »

Socapro and Bakes are so negative i have to wonder if you're really jamaicans in disguise! Always a fight down!  :arguing:  Ah looking out for all yuh comments when things go nice...

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:01 AM »
when all trinidad coaches star deh does sound real nice
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 07:11:02 AM »
I find it interesting that I make one passing comment about the man and he jeans and everybody hone in on that while ignoring the larger issues.

I repeat... I find it hard to believe this man accept this job without conducting some sort of proper inquiry into what really taking place in local football.

How de ass you will wait until after you take the job to assess the situation you getting into?  The main reason the 2010 campaign get derailed before it start is de facking blacklist... allyuh going on and on saying jeans doh matter... okay fine it doh matter.  Not one blasted word on the fact that the man come and collecting ah check without doing he homework on the ongoing problems between the Federation and players?  And by that I don't just mean the 2006 WC players.  In the end it may not amount to much... but right now this is hardly instilling confidence in me as a fan.

He might know about the blacklist. Not sure we can make the assumption that he doesn't based on his comment. This is his unveiling. It's probably not the forum for him to come out and discuss things like that.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 08:57:51 AM »

Socapro and Bakes are so negative i have to wonder if you're really jamaicans in disguise! Always a fight down!  :arguing:  Ah looking out for all yuh comments when things go nice...

Just to clarify beforehand, here’s my definite of when things going nice:-

1. Our 2006 World Cup Warriors get all of the money due to them

2. Oliver declares the TTFF bankrupt, takes the blame and announces his retirement

3. A younger more dynamic person preferably not older than 50 with some business sense and who cares about developing T&T football and is independent of Jack becomes TTFF president or the president of the new football federation.

4. A qualified TD (preferably a Trini who can be with us for as long as is required) can start implementing a proper development programme at all levels of our football with a aim to realistically qualifying our senior team for 2018 world cup (it might be too late for 2014 at this stage unless our new coach can perform miracles).

5. TTFF stops wasting taxpayers’ money on quick fixes, starts showing total transparency & accountability and starts finding beneficial ways of making money and attracting private investors to T&T football.

6. Jack concentrates on his vice job at FIFA and being a politician because finally the leader of our football federation is not his puppet and don’t need him as a Special Advisor to make all the important decisions (many of which have been detrimental to local football.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:56:09 AM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 09:24:06 AM »

I'm sure yuh could find posts to back up yuh claim that I always negative or fighting down we football, right?

You talking so much shit one has to wonder if your head isn't surgically attached to yuh asshole.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:25:59 AM by Bakes »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:03 AM »
Welcome to tnt Mr Pifster.... good luck
watch out for the TTFF
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »
On TV the man kinda hunched over like emperor palpatine in truth.

He kinda dodderin and he have a slight shake when he talking...kinda parkinsonish

I study when he go and take some sun on one of the training fields how he will fare.

But thats what assistant is for...to run the drills.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>