June 16, 2024, 12:25:10 AM

Author Topic: Pfister is the man in charge  (Read 7487 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Pfister is the man in charge
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
Pfister is the man in charge.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Adding that he already had a list of potential players to make up his squad both based home and abroad, he said "We have to find out who from these boys is ready to play all from the heart for Trinidad and Tobago. who from these boys is ready to take a passport to play for Trinidad and Tobago.

I wonder who are those players

did they change that rule about citizenship yet through your grandparents?

bc pfister may bring alot of players from the epl, when you watch at the calibre of players he coached in africa, he would want to have a very strong squad for qualifying and give us the best possible chance against the US and mexico, but i can see him unearthing local gems as well in the process who make the grade

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 10:17:33 AM »
Based on the results in the recent past, our problems stem from being able to maintain defensive shape and concentration for 90 minutes, we simply conceded too many soft goals.

Back then after every result I simply asked: Who is responsible for the defensive structure of the team.

If he can address this first and foremost and we can see it in the results over the next 6 months provided we get some games of course, then i can believe that we may be on some kind of recovery road.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »

Adding that he already had a list of potential players to make up his squad both based home and abroad, he said "We have to find out who from these boys is ready to play all from the heart for Trinidad and Tobago. who from these boys is ready to take a passport to play for Trinidad and Tobago.

bc pfister may bring alot of players from the epl, when you watch at the calibre of players he coached in africa, he would want to have a very strong squad for qualifying and give us the best possible chance against the US and mexico, but i can see him unearthing local gems as well in the process who make the grade

Have you emailed him about Hardest yet?!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 10:53:26 AM »

Have you emailed him about Hardest yet?!  ;)

since you brought it up, why don't you e-mail him instead and remind him ;)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
On TV the man kinda hunched over like emperor palpatine in truth.

He kinda dodderin and he have a slight shake when he talking...kinda parkinsonish

I study when he go and take some sun on one of the training fields how he will fare.

But thats what assistant is for...to run the drills.

Seventy-fkng-three! How on earth does he make any sense as coach?!! We're not going to Brazil, and after that its lowly Russia and Qatar. International football is dead.
Hart for president

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »
Political suicide right there:-

"Also in attendance at Tuesday’s conference was FIFA Vice President and TTFF Special Adviser Jack Warner who held the position of Acting Prime Minister. He mentioned that Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar had already requested a budget from Minister of Sports Anil Roberts and the TTFF in relation to T&T’s quest for qualification for the 2014 World Cup Finals."

I wonder if Kamla is even aware what is going on? Who's advising her, coz I sure hope it ain't Jack.

I'm all in favour of govt supporting a world cup campaign, but given that Kamla & co pledged to root out corruption and financial mismanagement, how the hell can they financially support TTFF without first investigating?

Imagine Kamla pledges $10 million to TTFF and then the judge orders an investigation and corruption is discovered. With a global personality like Jack, it would make the news everywhere and Kamla will be a laughing stock.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »
Political suicide right there:-
"Also in attendance at Tuesday’s conference was FIFA Vice President and TTFF Special Adviser Jack Warner who held the position of Acting Prime Minister. He mentioned that Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar had already requested a budget from Minister of Sports Anil Roberts and the TTFF in relation to T&T’s quest for qualification for the 2014 World Cup Finals."

I wonder if Kamla is even aware what is going on? Who's advising her, coz I sure hope it ain't Jack.

I'm all in favour of govt supporting a world cup campaign, but given that Kamla & co pledged to root out corruption and financial mismanagement, how the hell can they financially support TTFF without first investigating?

Imagine Kamla pledges $10 million to TTFF and then the judge orders an investigation and corruption is discovered. With a global personality like Jack, it would make the news everywhere and Kamla will be a laughing stock.

If our PM ent work that out yet then she probably won't until its too late! In fact it’s probably past being too late already seeing she left JW in charge as acting PM on more than one occasion and as an attorney she should know that this court order on how much money is owed to the warriors and whey it could have disappeared to could leave all fingers pointing to one man!  :-[
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:45:32 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NTd2C3gLQ4A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NTd2C3gLQ4A</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6jvDOw52Wk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W6jvDOw52Wk</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
De last thing I worry bout is he clothes. What if he luggage get lost and de man had to borrow clothes? As long as we go Brazil, we eh go care. The fact dat people in T&T wearing European style suits and choking dey neck with silk tie and judges wearing big black gown from head to toe with foolish looking white wigs in tropical hot sun really doh conform to common sense when it come down to it. De problem runs deep. For de majority of the year, we like foreign music. Anything foreign must be good. I used to laugh at meh fadda in he shirt jack suit but as I got older I realize it made absolute sense. Forget dem blasted suit and tie in T&T. Ah know I open a next can of worms but so it go sometimes. Let me not get sidetrack with wardrobe. Ah next set of peeps talking bout age. We went thru dat with Bertille already.  Last ah check he still alive and doing well. De last campaign was painful enough and de wounds have not closed. Throw all de negativity away and let we jes hope fuh de best for once.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »
De last thing I worry bout is he clothes. What if he luggage get lost and de man had to borrow clothes? As long as we go Brazil, we eh go care. The fact dat people in T&T wearing European style suits and choking dey neck with silk tie and judges wearing big black gown from head to toe with foolish looking white wigs in tropical hot sun really doh conform to common sense when it come down to it. De problem runs deep. For de majority of the year, we like foreign music. Anything foreign must be good. I used to laugh at meh fadda in he shirt jack suit but as I got older I realize it made absolute sense. Forget dem blasted suit and tie in T&T. Ah know I open a next can of worms but so it go sometimes. Let me not get sidetrack with wardrobe. Ah next set of peeps talking bout age. We went thru dat with Bertille already.  Last ah check he still alive and doing well. De last campaign was painful enough and de wounds have not closed. Throw all de negativity away and let we jes hope fuh de best for once.

I agree with you but please excuse me for not getting too enthusiastic about this new qualification for Brazil 2014 campaign until our 2006 world cup warriors get their money!  8)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:02:52 PM by Socapro »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 05:47:35 AM »

Socapro and Bakes are so negative i have to wonder if you're really jamaicans in disguise! Always a fight down!  :arguing:  Ah looking out for all yuh comments when things go nice...

I'm sure yuh could find posts to back up yuh claim that I always negative or fighting down we football, right?

You talking so much shit one has to wonder if your head isn't surgically attached to yuh asshole.
Thanks for proving my point! Atleast Socapro is constructive with his arguments.

Offline Yaw

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 06:47:21 AM »
He definitely have ah uphill road.
I just look at the FIFA rankings and Grenada above Trinidad now.  That's right people GRENADA !!!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
I just look at the FIFA rankings and Grenada above Trinidad now.  That's right people GRENADA !!!!!

Why yuh surprise?!
Last time our senior team played we got knocked out of the Caribbean Cup while Grenada did much better than us and also got thru to the Gold Cup.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:27:50 AM by Socapro »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 05:44:27 PM »

at least their trini coach knew what he was doing  ;)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »
Best of luck to the new coach and his staff...we must remember success is not 100% dependent on the coach..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pfister to benefit from Latapy’s work
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2011, 05:51:42 AM »
T&T Guardian

With the installation of Otto Pfister by The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation as the new head coach of the Soca Warriors, the questions before Keith Look Loy and his confidantes will be what will be Pfister’s significant added value given the deficiencies with our players, and Trinidad and Tobago’s Football Federation in its failure to provide the necessary and required support for Russell Latapy to succeed.

It is expected that Pfister will get significantly more support from T&TFF than Latapy will ever dream of getting. I suspect that we will see funding magically becoming readily available for more tours and competitive games to develop the players, and acceding to request in the player’s interest.  While I’m of the understanding that Latapy will be part of this vision and new coaching structure, we must ensure that he (Latapy) is given the credit for providing the platform for Otto Pfister to build upon. Let’s trust that Pfister can add value and transfer of knowledge, and not that he is profiting  from Latapy’s knowledge imparted to him by Bobby Robson among others.

John Hopkins
Sangre Grande

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister to benefit from Latapy’s work
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
T&T Guardian

With the installation of Otto Pfister by The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation as the new head coach of the Soca Warriors, the questions before Keith Look Loy and his confidantes will be what will be Pfister’s significant added value given the deficiencies with our players, and Trinidad and Tobago’s Football Federation in its failure to provide the necessary and required support for Russell Latapy to succeed.

It is expected that Pfister will get significantly more support from T&TFF than Latapy will ever dream of getting. I suspect that we will see funding magically becoming readily available for more tours and competitive games to develop the players, and acceding to request in the player’s interest.  While I’m of the understanding that Latapy will be part of this vision and new coaching structure, we must ensure that he (Latapy) is given the credit for providing the platform for Otto Pfister to build upon. Let’s trust that Pfister can add value and transfer of knowledge, and not that he is profiting  from Latapy’s knowledge imparted to him by Bobby Robson among others.

John Hopkins
Sangre Grande

John Hopkins must be a bigger Latapy fan than most!  ::)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 05:37:15 PM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister to benefit from Latapy’s work
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2011, 03:27:29 PM »
T&T Guardian

John Hopkins
Sangre Grande

John Hopkins must be a bigger Latpy fan than most!  ::)

What if Otto decide to discard all Latas products. The man eh do nothing yet. Please let's see the man next move. He gone England. Let us see who he can convince to come and play for TT first before we start jumping on the donkey-cart.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »
I like this guy.  Let's see how he does.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
No time for football fun and games
T&T Guardian

The long knives have been drawn to slice up newly-minted national coach Otto Pfister, but I wish to state that we have very little time to cut up the German like pork chops. Football fans, officials (government and football) must get behind Otto now if we want to see Brazil 2014. The money must be thrown behind Otto, and he must get to work pronto. No time for crying and bawling what might have been with the failed 2010 South Africa campaign. No looking back; let’s look forward.

If football fans think that Otto is a magician, they better think again. He is a football coach. We in T&T have a penchant to search for a messiah to deliver us and football results instantly, but it doesn’t work like that. It takes planning and hard work. Footballers, too have to be committed to the cause and must always give 120 per cent. No time for fun and games, let’s focus on Brazil 2014 with pride and confidence. Let’s let Otto do his work without interference.

Keith Anderson
Belmont, POS

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »
No time for football fun and games
T&T Guardian

The long knives have been drawn to slice up newly-minted national coach Otto Pfister, but I wish to state that we have very little time to cut up the German like pork chops. Football fans, officials (government and football) must get behind Otto now if we want to see Brazil 2014. The money must be thrown behind Otto, and he must get to work pronto. No time for crying and bawling what might have been with the failed 2010 South Africa campaign. No looking back; let’s look forward.

If football fans think that Otto is a magician, they better think again. He is a football coach. We in T&T have a penchant to search for a messiah to deliver us and football results instantly, but it doesn’t work like that. It takes planning and hard work. Footballers, too have to be committed to the cause and must always give 120 per cent. No time for fun and games, let’s focus on Brazil 2014 with pride and confidence. Let’s let Otto do his work without interference.

Keith Anderson
Belmont, POS

I don't see why I or anyone else as an employee would give 120% if my employer has a track record of making false promises and not paying its employees what was promised!

Like this chap Keith is another short-term thinker who doh mind the TTFF wasting taxpayers’ money?!

What some folks are overlooking is that our 2014 qualification campaign may be blighted from the start if our 2006 world cup warriors don't get the bonus money that was promised to them by the TTFF almost 5 years ago.
Our failed 2010 campaign with blacklisting of players was connected directly to this issue.

So let’s see what happens comes May 15th and maybe we can start getting optimistic about the possible success of the 2014 campaign after that!?  :-\
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:37:58 PM by Socapro »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »
wasnt Monday 18th April to be the first day of training ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
wasnt Monday 18th April to be the first day of training ??

Yes inside sources have confirmed that the team started beach training at Maracus on Monday!
Temporary coach putting them thru some strenuous eating drills was a big-belly chap who went by the nickname Bake&Shark!  ;)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »
yuh mad or wha.....like yuh never wear ah italian suit

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »
I might be reading too much into it... but to me it doesn't portend well that the man show up to the press conference announcing his hire in a pair of jeans.  Hope that's not an indication as to how serious he taking we.

Besides, I really want to know if he take this job and doh know nutten about the blacklist.

I know the situation but I also have to analyze in my first time here. Trinidad and Tobago went to the World Cup (in 2006) but they did not go to the Gold Cup. There are some reasons for that but I do not know all right now and I will find out more over the next few days.

*sigh*

1]; } ?>