March 28, 2024, 02:36:09 PM

Author Topic: Fire Otto Pfister Thread.  (Read 13786 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fire Otto Pfister Thread.
« on: April 06, 2011, 08:18:31 AM »
I am not instigating, wishing or hoping anything, but I know sooner or later someone here will post this thread.

So, just to keep things in perspective. ... :angel:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:24:54 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Otto Pfister Thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 08:25:26 AM »
ok, i will

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:28:53 AM »
lmao...men takin in front yes  :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QR1WBkvfllU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QR1WBkvfllU</a>

18 min Kieth Look Loy  interview from Ctv 6/4/11
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:38:38 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 08:39:37 AM »
U must lol once u visit dis site. Bookmark it Flex as u say it bout 2 happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »
I am not instigating, wishing or hoping anything, but I know sooner or later someone here will post this thread.

So, just to keep things in prospective.

Flex boi, ah see you jumping in front! Guess yuh wanted to beat Sam to it this rounds!!  ;D
Ah have to laugh but we folks of experience all know the routine and as you say its bound to happen sooner or later!! Let’s hope its later rather than sooner and this man up to the job yes!! However first signs are not encouraging as he has no idea why we did not make Gold Cup twice in a row since qualifying for the 2006 World Cup! I was hoping this old man know what he’s up against!
 :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:42:08 AM »
ha ha oh lord  :rotfl:

we really reach yes
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
Neva a dull moment here...

kicks for so..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:48:29 AM by SabreWolves »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:56 AM »
Our players have "fraidwhite man" disease, so he go do real good here, no need for this thread, lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 11:43:56 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QR1WBkvfllU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QR1WBkvfllU</a>

18 min Kieth Look Loy  interview from Ctv 6/4/11

looking for foreign born players now Look Loy..... 4:07min
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »

we really reach yes

hahaha yes...call it conditioning.
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Flex yuh win!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 12:27:35 PM »
Sancho was also invited on to this programme......then suddenly he got a call saying he wasn't needed. I noticed that there were no questions about the court case or blacklisted players!! Bet that would have been different if Fazir was still there!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »
Sancho was also invited on to this programme......then suddenly he got a call saying he wasn't needed. I noticed that there were no questions about the court case or blacklisted players!! Bet that would have been different if Fazir was still there!

You know that!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 12:41:38 PM »
well is now self Birchall will never get ah national call up again...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 01:26:17 PM »
Our players have "fraidwhite man" disease, so he go do real good here, no need for this thread, lol

Not dis generation. Is bad boy generation and dem ent fraid nobody.

Dey takin 5 and Vranes better not say shite, senior players ent much different.

This could end up being ah real active thread  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Flex yuh win!!

ENTTTTTTTTT

we really reach yes

hahaha yes...call it conditioning.

PAVLOV and d dog d sw.net version  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:59 PM »
Look Loy's assessment of the state of our football seems spot on for the most part.  I have two problems with what he said though.

Firstly he stated that development of the players is the responsibility of the clubs and he used Brazil and the Dutch systems. What he fails to acknowledge is that the clubs in these systems are very profitable and have a history to build on. They know what works and what doesn't. Our PFL clubs are doing the same thing these other clubs are doing it is just that they don't have the $ or the exposure so they doing what they know to be best. Clearly it is not working. If the TTFF does not take more ownership of the development of our players we will remain stagnant. There is mutual benefits for the clubs and the TTFF. Better players means export to better leagues. This results in a better player pool and money for the clubs.

Secondly he stated that we need facilities and pointed to the fact that men training in the Savannah and don't have proper changing rooms. This should not be a major deterrent to the development of talent. What does this have to do with the quality of instruction on the pitch and work ethic? If players and the coaching staff want it bad enough the Savannah is all they need. Coaching staff need to go to the Coaching academy and raise the intensity and quality of training. It is well known in sports that you play how u train. When I see the training sessions that Fuentes and NE starts post I see cut tail book before the game start.

We need to put our best developmental coaches at the youth levels. Training for Hard back men should not consist of crossing and shooting drills.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
After our 1st 5 games and that could be two years from now at the rate we playing games men will call for his head.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
Look Loy's assessment of the state of our football seems spot on for the most part.  I have two problems with what he said though.

Firstly he stated that development of the players is the responsibility of the clubs and he used Brazil and the Dutch systems. What he fails to acknowledge is that the clubs in these systems are very profitable and have a history to build on. They know what works and what doesn't. Our PFL clubs are doing the same thing these other clubs are doing it is just that they don't have the $ or the exposure so they doing what they know to be best. Clearly it is not working. If the TTFF does not take more ownership of the development of our players we will remain stagnant. There is mutual benefits for the clubs and the TTFF. Better players means export to better leagues. This results in a better player pool and money for the clubs.

Secondly he stated that we need facilities and pointed to the fact that men training in the Savannah and don't have proper changing rooms. This should not be a major deterrent to the development of talent. What does this have to do with the quality of instruction on the pitch and work ethic? If players and the coaching staff want it bad enough the Savannah is all they need. Coaching staff need to go to the Coaching academy and raise the intensity and quality of training. It is well known in sports that you play how u train. When I see the training sessions that Fuentes and NE starts post I see cut tail book before the game start.

We need to put our best developmental coaches at the youth levels. Training for Hard back men should not consist of crossing and shooting drills.

Good points. He was quick to shed TTFF from the responsibility of elite player development He did make a point and say that there should be closer cooperation between the clubs and the TTFF, but that is just politiks talk.

IMO the most salient observation was the emphasis on administration and the trappings of success like having insurance, proper changerooms, yadda yadda....He can't seem to wrap it around his brain that these things should be built up and derived from profitable business models, and not just presented as flashy window dressing.

Its as if he thinks that merely showcasing certain amenties is a sign that 'we reach. We is a big club because we have changeroom and gym!

This mindset permeates the TTFF and is very much influenced by the  style of Jack Warner. One setta emphasis on formal physical infrastructure and very little attention paid to the actual product on the field. These people feel that building concrete is the answer to everything.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 03:51:01 PM »
Secondly he stated that we need facilities and pointed to the fact that men training in the Savannah and don't have proper changing rooms. This should not be a major deterrent to the development of talent. What does this have to do with the quality of instruction on the pitch and work ethic?

Unprofessional environment will result in an unprofessional attitude. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:54 PM »
I would like them to build some proper amenities in the QPS and other fields around the country. Allyuh can't be serious. Now girls are playing football. Where will they change or God forbid they get a belly pain. That goes for men too. But yes the onus is still on the individual and he can still go in the savannah and do the sand track and go in the hollows and sprint up and down the inclines.

Tell me how many private clubs own their grounds. you can count them on your fingers. JP and QPCC. The others are either gov't statutary controlled or regional corporations. If a club wants to fence off a piece to build a proper ground, allyuh know how much rang-ga-tang that will cause. Look how NE stars struggling to build their own grounds. There was a club in Central called Khelewalas who was doing their own thing and they fell apart after a few seasons.

We need serious money for CLUB football. The private sector not interested. So they will have to take piece-piece from here and there.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »
d thread name change?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »
I would like them to build some proper amenities in the QPS and other fields around the country. Allyuh can't be serious. Now girls are playing football. Where will they change or God forbid they get a belly pain. That goes for men too. But yes the onus is still on the individual and he can still go in the savannah and do the sand track and go in the hollows and sprint up and down the inclines.

Tell me how many private clubs own their grounds. you can count them on your fingers. JP and QPCC. The others are either gov't statutary controlled or regional corporations. If a club wants to fence off a piece to build a proper ground, allyuh know how much rang-ga-tang that will cause. Look how NE stars struggling to build their own grounds. There was a club in Central called Khelewalas who was doing their own thing and they fell apart after a few seasons.

We need serious money for CLUB football. The private sector not interested. So they will have to take piece-piece from here and there.

Nobody is saying that certain amenites should not be built. But Lok Loy giving specifics about infrastructure but offers NOTHING concrete about how to address all the other problems. Keep in mind he is the President of a team looking to join the P-League next season.

After all the talk about insurance and change-rooms he still managed to completely avoid discussing the best vehicle to make such changes come about….a Player’s Association. I wonder if Lok Loy encouraging Santa Rosa players to join FPATT, so they can advocate for change-rooms, better insurance, better playing conditions, pay for national games, etc. Players like Daniel Cyrus might benefit from that.

Simply put the PL is too arrogant to change their thinking but shameless enough to bawl poverty for gov’t money.

All in all a decent interview and he spoke a lot of truth. Looking forward to seeing him putting his ideas into action.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:21:42 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
Secondly he stated that we need facilities and pointed to the fact that men training in the Savannah and don't have proper changing rooms. This should not be a major deterrent to the development of talent. What does this have to do with the quality of instruction on the pitch and work ethic?

Unprofessional environment will result in an unprofessional attitude. 

Not true
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »

Nobody is saying that certain amenites should not be built. But Lok Loy giving specifics about infrastructure but offers NOTHING concrete about how to address all the other problems. Keep in mind he is the President of a team looking to join the P-League next season.

After all the talk about insurance and change-rooms he still managed to completely avoid discussing the best vehicle to make such changes come about….a Player’s Association. I wonder if Lok Loy encouraging Santa Rosa players to join FPATT, so they can advocate for change-rooms, insurance, better playing conditions, pay for national games, etc. Players like Daniel Cyrus might benefit from that.

Simply put the PL is too arrogant to change their thinking but shameless enough to bawl poverty for gov’t money.

All in all a decent interview and he spoke a lot of truth. Looking forward to seeing him putting his ideas into action.

I assume(not making an arse of u and me) that Keith is close to the acting pm. So maybe he heard something thru the grapevine and do not want to elaborate. Like last week when Anil announced they going to improve all the fields and build the swimming pool(that probably will be built first). The pool facility is long, long, long overdue.  It is a pity they build that hockey complex in Tac. All the hockey teams are based in POS as far as I know. Correct me if I am wrong. They should build a new one next to the new velodrome they plan to build in Mt. Dor. They should convert the current one to a football stadium. And seeing that they will have a new tennis stadium, they can then cover Jean Pierre arena and make it a first class indo0r facility. Thanks man.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 07:41:56 PM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 04:24:00 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »
just in case ...anyone want to post
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
Seeing that some men here expected a 7 - 0 victory at home against a team like Bermuda and we could only managae a 1 - 0 victory, I doh see why not!! :angel:

So to Head Coach Pfister after your first proper game in charge the verdict is  :timeout: :shameonyou: :violin: :busshead: :loser:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:55:14 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>