April 25, 2024, 01:38:22 PM

Author Topic: Near sightedness.  (Read 744 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Near sightedness.
« on: November 16, 2011, 07:49:22 AM »
The nearsightedness that is trinbago fooball, that had true red white and black T&T football fans pukeing their guts out for the past twenty yrs has to be addressed, pronto!

if true football lovers intend to see any improvement in the countries football, then i suggest they make the ultimate sacrifice with their time and money and by any mean necessary stop these clueless monsters from stagnating our football any further than they have to.

the time for complaining and belly aching has passed it's sell by date period, now it's time for drastic measures, and if we are not prepared to make that move, then i suggest allyuh stop complaining and take what ever allyuh get and STFU!

since friday i've read ppl on the forum sighing and crying bout the defeat to guyana, and i'm here shaking my head in disbelief saying to myself, "where were these ppl the past 20 yrs"?

1989 was not the first time that T&T football has let down the fans, no sir!! i've seen T&T football in it's worst state, just like westindies cricket. i don't know how many of yuhs remember when the west indies banned their best cricketers back in the late seventies early eighties?

we had ah second string team consisting of players like wayne daniel, vandon holder, and sheldon gomes just to name ah few, while all our best cricketers were plying their trade in an austrlian league called kerry parker cricket.

this was ah real sad time in WI cricket, and i could remember as ah lil yute asking, "why ppl does always find ways tuh fack up ah good thing?" well that kinda remind me of T&T football, when arthur suite came in and formed ah league of his own, that's bc for some reason the football powers that was @ the time could not come to the table and agree on football runnings.

this was just one of the many incidents that plagued T&T football, and we have never been able to shake that stubbornness till today. unfortunately, that was not the end of the controversy that seem to gravitate towards T&T football in continuum. remember folks, i grew up in ah footballing community, where some of the best footballers on the island lived in my area so i know bout all the ins and outs of T&T football from the haiti fall out till now.

i've seen T&T coaches leave out players who were definitely national team material, coaches like roderick warner and alvin corneal were the norm in T&T, these fellas never even took ah trip to tobago tuh see what kinda talent they had there, and i'm pretty sure that yorke was the norm in tobago @ and before that time, and GOD alone knows how many great players the wold missed out on back in those days bc these fellas didn't really care bout excellence but frenism and nepotism.

that world cup that we went to is ah clear indication that if we take football seriously and have proper preparation we could compete with the best of them, so for the life of me why can't we have ppl who could visualize this and make it a reality ??!!

this quick fix BS is the worst thing for football in any country. i read otto's post game report on yesterday's game, and i will have to totally agree 100%! now if ah foreigner who's been only on our shores off and on for ah few months can identify our failures and short comings and gave an analysis on the problem, then why couldn't all these "so called" football brains detect this yrs ago and find ah way to fix it? :frustrated:

imagine the few foreign coaches who came here to work in our recent past has identified the inadequacies in our domestic league, but no one is willing tuh address these potholes and fix them, but they expect tip top results when our boys don the uniform.

these are not sane ppl we dealing with here folks, there's no way they could be!!!   :pissedoff:

i'm gonna end here by saying, if we want tuh put ah stop to all the bad results we've been getting, then we need to spend money! time! and maximum effort if we expect to avoid these pit falls in the future. we cannot end the program when we fail to make it to ah big tourney, and restart it when another tourney rolls around.

right now IMO we have to maintain some kind of continuum, with these boys. if they decide on ah new coach (which i'm totally against) then lets spend more money on ah better coach who will come on board not just to qualify for ah tourney, but fuh the development of football on the island. and last but not least, we need to play football with our best players in every fifa window, bc that and only that will bring us out this rot, and of course it will take lots of money and hard work!

but if the visionless like anil and CO keep penny pinching on sports , especially football, then this thing will lay dormant for another two yrs till another big tourney rolls around where we will suffer the same consequences, it's almost ah guarantee.

the bottom line iz, T&T football need fixing "properly", and right away!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:05:13 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>