March 28, 2024, 01:23:07 PM

Author Topic: Fire Otto Pfister Thread.  (Read 13785 times)

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Otto Pfister Thread.
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 09:52:38 AM »
on a brighter note I feel i could make the national team now  :beermug:

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »
I ain't no clairvoyant but this is what I saw coming. I don't know why it hitting this hard! Pfister was bad from the start, I wonder what Look Loy saying now ? What about his pedigree Pfister had? And liking to work with black players? Such bullshit for someone who should have some sense? There should be a  national consultation held by the ministry of sport with all stakeholders on the future of our football. Football is the soul of the nation and if it dies we die! Maybe we are just zombies walking around!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 08:53:04 PM »

[/quote]

When yuh think about that it really dawns on you how low our football has sunk!!

The folks who have been in charge of our football for the last 5 years since 2006 should be all bowing their heads in shame and disgrace if they really cared rather than congratulating themselves like Camps!!
[/quote]

Otto Pfister got the same results as the last three0 coaches - Wim, Maturana, Latapy, failure.  So it is obbvious that we have to stop blaming the coaches and lay the blame where it is deserved - te TTFF.  If they have any pride left, the entire TTFF administration should offer there resignation.  They are a total disgrace.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2011, 10:10:50 AM »
Somewhere in Colombia theres a patient wondering why his dentist is laughing so hard.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2011, 02:24:27 PM »
All of them must be laughing at we and soon Otto will be laughing his way to the bank! Ah Shameeeeeeeeeeee!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2011, 03:18:17 PM »
Somewhere in Colombia theres a patient wondering why his dentist is laughing so hard.

lol, quote of the day!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2011, 05:49:45 PM »
Well seemed like allyuh got allyuh wish. just saw on the news where spalk said the government will no longer be picking up the tab for pfister's salary. so i guess manana would be otto's last day on charge.

so it's back to the same ole same ole. bring in ah local cluless, waste more time, bc the federation don't have no mo money, so no mo friendlies until degicel come around, and we all know that they wont make it again for lack of activity, so the possibility remains that we will not be going to the next gold cup either.

now i don't know bout allyuh, but if this coach is fired and another local coach is put in charge of the team, and lack of friendlies and inactivity rares it's ugly head again, with no development and no continuity, i will have no other choice but tuh say goodbye to T&T football. i'm sick sick sick of this monkey handling of football! and i will not put my heart in ah situation to be disappointed in the end.

these men never learn, it's amazing to see "so called" sensible ppl make the same ole mistakes time after time. it's astonishing how clueless trinidadians could be, especially those in charge.  what ah clueless ppl!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:53:31 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
Well seemed like allyuh got allyuh wish. just saw on the news where spalk said the government will no longer be picking up the tab for pfister's salary. so i guess manana would be otto's last day on charge.

so it's back to the same ole same ole. bring in ah local cluless, waste more time, bc the federation don't have no mo money, so no mo friendlies until degicel come around, and we all know that they wont make it again for lack of activity, so the possibility remains that we will not be going to the next gold cup either.

now i don't know bout allyuh, but if this coach is fired and another local coach is put in charge of the team, and lack of friendlies and inactivity rares it's ugly head again, with no development and no continuity, i will have no other choice but tuh say goodbye to T&T football. i'm sick sick sick of this monkey handling of football! and i will not put my heart in ah situation to be disappointed in the end.

these men never learn, it's amazing to see "so called" sensible ppl make the same ole mistakes time after time. it's astonishing how clueless trinidadians could be, especially those in charge.  what ah clueless ppl!

Not all Trinis are clueless unless you and many others here on this forum don't class yourself as Trini!

Once we can overhaul the TTFF and put the right leadership in place then things can and will change for the better but not a second before!!

The immediate focus now is the overhauling of the TTFF and once that is done we can start making the required steps to turn our football around!

I spoke to a Guyanese friend who closely follows their football on Saturday night at a function and he explained to me that a large factor for Guyana's football improving recently is because many of their best players based in Europe are now willing to go back home and play for the Guyanese team because of a recent change of leadership in their football federation.

He said the previous leader of their federation was corrupt and used to steal most of the money that was there for their football development from FIFA, Government, etc, and exploited all of the Guyanese players meaning than most of the decent players aboard with Guyanese heritage did not want anything to do with their federation but now that there is an honest leader who cares about their football in place, Guyana football is now on the up!! Apparently the ex-leader of the Guyanese Football Federation was one of Jack's corrupt friends/supporters who was using Guyanese football to line his pocket but did not really care for the development of their football! So now that an honest leader is in place suddenly all the best players of Guyanese heritage are willing to come back home and play for Guyana and give their heart and soul!

Does this story sound familiar?! We need to do the same with our football federation to turn our football around and I believe most folks will be pleasantly surprised to see how quickly our football will start to improve with our players playing with all their heart and soul and leaving everything out there on the field!
After that conversation I have to support the Guyanese team even more now because they were apparently suffering from the same football disease as us but managed to get rid of their previous corrupt football leadership right after Jack was forced to resign from FIFA! Maybe their previous federation leader was one of the fellas who took one of the brown envelopes filled with cash and FIFA banned him from football as a result after their investigation, I'll have to check!!

So the truth of the matter is that Jack and many of his crooked CFU pals were not as good for Caribbean football as most of us might have imagined, however they were all good at taking care of their pockets!!

On reflection Jack's fall from FIFA could be the best thing that could have happened to Caribbean Football if all the Caribbean Football Federations can manage to get rid of their corrupt leaders and install new honest leaders who actually care about the development of their country's football as a result!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:20:47 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 07:31:19 PM »
Ah wonder if yuh know that jack and burrell is real good friends, and he cares about JA football a lot and he's not as shady as jack, so what yuh really saying.

T&T football doomed bro, bc these fellas like watson and dem eh going no where, we just need to learn how to work around them, bc they not walking away from this cash cow so easy.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 07:54:42 PM »
Ah wonder if yuh know that jack and burrell is real good friends, and he cares about JA football a lot and he's not as shady as jack, so what yuh really saying.

T&T football doomed bro, bc these fellas like watson and dem eh going no where, we just need to learn how to work around them, bc they not walking away from this cash cow so easy.

If that is yuh attitude then you are not the soldier and warrior that I thought you was!

Thankfully there are currently folks at home who are willing to fight the fight to release T&T football from the clutches of those corrupt selfish fellas and if they are successful in their bid to overhaul our football federation then T&T football will quickly turn around!

This task is top priority right now and we are wasting our time if we ignore this and focus on anything else as we will only get more of the same in the end until this task is accomplished!
If Guyana can clean house in their federation and drastically improve their football as a result then so can we!!

And yes I agree with you if we are willing to put up with these corrupt leaders who only selfishly care about their own pockets then we are DOOMED, and not just in football but in politics and everything else!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:57:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2011, 05:33:34 AM »

If that is yuh attitude then you are not the soldier and warrior that I thought you was!

Thankfully there are currently folks at home who are willing to fight the fight to release T&T football from the clutches of those corrupt selfish fellas and if they are successful in their bid to overhaul our football federation then T&T football will quickly turn around!

This task is top priority right now and we are wasting our time if we ignore this and focus on anything else as we will only get more of the same in the end until this task is accomplished!
If Guyana can clean house in their federation and drastically improve their football as a result then so can we!!

And yes I agree with you if we are willing to put up with these corrupt leaders who only selfishly care about their own pockets then we are DOOMED, and not just in football but in politics and everything else!!
MY attitude?? like you eh hear what fazeer say or what, them men want ppl tuh fight fuh dem bc they fraid of what may come next! why all this talk about fighting the TTFF all of ah sudden, why they didn't do that @ least two yrs ago?

now all of ah sudden they get the nerve tuh fight as soon as jack get axe. i not in that nah pro, bc i done know that these trini ppl is born losers, and it's my opinion that they wont do any better than the present administration once they bottom touch those power seats.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »

MY attitude?? like you eh hear what fazeer say or what, them men want ppl tuh fight fuh dem bc they fraid of what may come next! why all this talk about fighting the TTFF all of ah sudden, why they didn't do that @ least two yrs ago?

now all of ah sudden they get the nerve tuh fight as soon as jack get axe. i not in that nah pro, bc i done know that these trini ppl is born losers, and it's my opinion that they wont do any better than the present administration once they bottom touch those power seats.

:yellowcard: ... hope you're not fooled in thinking you're any better.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2011, 10:23:40 AM »

Just Cool your posts on the state of football are IMO sensible, intelligent, well thought out. Especially on the need to stop the coaching merry-go-round and start to build a consistent training philosophy around a top class coach. But to say that no one else will ever do better than the present admin is defeatist and plain wrong.

(1) they have not just now got the nerve to fight jack. some of them have been fighting him for years, under the challenge to the blacklist and through the courts. and in this day and age when most people still cower at the sound of jacks' name, and in spite of a judge who seems reluctant to hammer warner and the ttff, they are WINNING. these folks are made of better stuff than the disgraceful old parasites that have a stranglehold on the game.

(2) the football knowledge and outside experience of possible contenders is infinitely greater than at the top levels of the federation. that includes the jail guard watson, camps, groden and the rest. some of these fellas have learnt what it is like to be a professional through exposure, example and sometimes by the back of an english coach's hand. i know of at least one newly-minted regional exec who get a good tap up by his manager as a brash youthman in the english leagues. their experiences don't make them perfect by any means, but they should not be summarily dismissed as more of the same without a chance to prove themselves

(3) the nature of man is to revert to evil deeds if given the power and opportunity. that won't change if you reshuffle around the peeps running the fed, but there are structures that can be put in place to minimize misdeeds and ensure that no one man can EVER hold this game ransom again. The federation should be a not-for-profit corporation, not a sole proprietorship. You need a board of directors with representation from government, private industry, the referees asscoc, the public/fan association representative etc. members must be experts at functions like marketing, sports administration, planning, finance etc so that they can offer guidance to the executive and ensure the body stays true to its stated aims. these functions were performed by a few people with little qualification except a willingness to kiss jack warner's arse. In a sense the MOS is taking on some of the functions of a board right now because of the ethical and financial risk of giving the ttff money carte blanche.

(4) regional and league structures must be replaced. i am unsure why they exist in the form that they do and what benefit they serve any other than solidify and concentrate power. unravelling the messy league system and replacing it with a model that emphasizes competitiveness and profit potential  may just increase investment and make football less beholden to 'big daddy' figures like jack. increasing the autonomy of regional associations may encourage competitiveness, competency and performance orientation over this mess now. 

to a man/woman, we trinbagonians are no different from americans and europeans in terms of ability and what we can accomplish in football. but without changes in personnel and structure we will simply be throwing more money after more money down the ttff toilet
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »

Just Cool your posts on the state of football are IMO sensible, intelligent, well thought out. Especially on the need to stop the coaching merry-go-round and start to build a consistent training philosophy around a top class coach. But to say that no one else will ever do better than the present admin is defeatist and plain wrong.

(1) they have not just now got the nerve to fight jack. some of them have been fighting him for years, under the challenge to the blacklist and through the courts. and in this day and age when most people still cower at the sound of jacks' name, and in spite of a judge who seems reluctant to hammer warner and the ttff, they are WINNING. these folks are made of better stuff than the disgraceful old parasites that have a stranglehold on the game.

(2) the football knowledge and outside experience of possible contenders is infinitely greater than at the top levels of the federation. that includes the jail guard watson, camps, groden and the rest. some of these fellas have learnt what it is like to be a professional through exposure, example and sometimes by the back of an english coach's hand. i know of at least one newly-minted regional exec who get a good tap up by his manager as a brash youthman in the english leagues. their experiences don't make them perfect by any means, but they should not be summarily dismissed as more of the same without a chance to prove themselves

(3) the nature of man is to revert to evil deeds if given the power and opportunity. that won't change if you reshuffle around the peeps running the fed, but there are structures that can be put in place to minimize misdeeds and ensure that no one man can EVER hold this game ransom again. The federation should be a not-for-profit corporation, not a sole proprietorship. You need a board of directors with representation from government, private industry, the referees asscoc, the public/fan association representative etc. members must be experts at functions like marketing, sports administration, planning, finance etc so that they can offer guidance to the executive and ensure the body stays true to its stated aims. these functions were performed by a few people with little qualification except a willingness to kiss jack warner's arse. In a sense the MOS is taking on some of the functions of a board right now because of the ethical and financial risk of giving the ttff money carte blanche.

(4) regional and league structures must be replaced. i am unsure why they exist in the form that they do and what benefit they serve any other than solidify and concentrate power. unravelling the messy league system and replacing it with a model that emphasizes competitiveness and profit potential  may just increase investment and make football less beholden to 'big daddy' figures like jack. increasing the autonomy of regional associations may encourage competitiveness, competency and performance orientation over this mess now. 

to a man/woman, we trinbagonians are no different from americans and europeans in terms of ability and what we can accomplish in football. but without changes in personnel and structure we will simply be throwing more money after more money down the ttff toilet

:beermug:

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
I think we need a good coach from now to build the team. Don't need to be a hot shot coach, just someone who knows what he is doing and knows the guys wwe have available and can spot talent.

I'm not sure I buy into this whole local coach thing. It has been seen time and time again that the guys just don't respect the local coaches. And might I remind you guys that Beenhacker (sp?) was no Trini. If we can get someone for about 15kUS a month with good experience and I willing to take on the challenge then sure. I don't mind if they bring thier own team... because Cornell just seems to always have excuses to me.

If we can get a local coach who can do it then...sure but I'm not sure who that is. Yes Shabazz could get Guyana to work ... but the Guyanese look at Trinidad as a big fish in the caribbean so they will respect him. These guys who are playing with big(ish) name couches won't really care what these local guys have to say.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:57:46 PM by toonmili »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2011, 06:02:58 PM »
This is my last post on these boards since supporting a team not worthy is basically fruitless and stupid.

Reasons why Otto should be fired:

1) Glaring lack of preparations: A good coach scouts the other teams and has a plan.
2) Knowing areas of the team that needs work, eg: Set Pieces and defending set pieces, he is German but it don't show.
3) The questionable line up. If Guyana can use tnt regects and beat us.. well u do the math
4) The empathy within the team, you don't see any one player fighting for each other like under Leo, everyone playing for themselves.
5) Discipline factor. When men going shopping in Bermuda.. Which top coach will allow these things to happen?
6) The planning: Not once have otto made a first half change, first was hyland then birchall. Against Guyana he started both of them.
7) The glaring fact of getting owned by a local coach.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »
Good riddence shotta, go back tuh yuh glory hunting with INTER MILAN and give we and we cornfish rookies ah bleigh.

BTW, i don't care if allyuh fire otto, be my guess, but just bring in ah very good coach to replace him as ASAP, and not no local, and please play ah game evry international break and keep the boys playing together and sharp, bc we have the players and the talent, the trouble is, we don't have ah proper front office and we need ah good man manager/ coach.

1]; } ?>