April 26, 2024, 11:56:02 PM

Author Topic: If Arsene Wenger left tomorrow and Jose Mourinho left Real Madrid ...  (Read 5918 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If Arsene Wenger left tomorrow and Jose Mourinho left Real Madrid ...
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
lol from what i understand arsenal have 100-200 mil to spend but wenger wont spend it

i doubt arsenal wil go with a mercenary manager like mourhino anyway

and at this point i am so jaded about arsenal that i dont want us to win athing this year to even give wenger any justification of why he stuck by with keeping the dead weight on this team
::)

its called taking front b4 front take u.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
Call it what you want

Wenger cannot say that there aren't dead weight in the side publicly

Eboue diaby rosicky alumnia denilson fellas need to be gone

But run silverware with them justifies them staying when really they shouldn't

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
I think Wenger is like the nerdy kid everyone always making fun of..but he stick it out, do A levels, went to a good university, then med school..and by the time he reach 28, he get he big work and making millions and now all the girls want to be with him..

Mourinho on the other hand..the secondary school drop out, but he real lyrical and he is now ah bad boy, stealing his loot to please the ladies..he living the life and everyone around him is happy cause he giving them what they want...but by the time he 25 everything catches up to him and then he is no more...

Take your pick!  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

giggsy11

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
I think Wenger is like the nerdy kid everyone always making fun of..but he stick it out, do A levels, went to a good university, then med school..and by the time he reach 28, he get he big work and making millions and now all the girls want to be with him..

Mourinho on the other hand..the secondary school drop out, but he real lyrical and he is now ah bad boy, stealing his loot to please the ladies..he living the life and everyone around him is happy cause he giving them what they want...but by the time he 25 everything catches up to him and then he is no more...

Big Up!

Arsene9 also looks like he hasn't had pussy since he sat those A levels while Jose looks like he gets it nightly. Take your pick. :devil:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »

Big Up!

Arsene9 also looks like he hasn't had pussy since he sat those A levels while Jose looks like he gets it nightly. Take your pick. :devil:

Hope he is using protection!  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »
I think arguments on both sides of the case that i have read so far greatly undermine the skill level of both parties. The posters in favor of Wenger seem to think that Jose can't succeed without the big budget while the posters against Wenger seem to  think Wenger is a stranger to winning trophies, both arguments, in my opinion are flawed in some way and do not take into consideration several other variables that we here may or may not be aware of. Having said that, were I to choose, I would go for Jose based on his record.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
Wenger is a true club manager...he manages players, youth programmes, budgets etc....sometimes i figure he might be better suited to d boardroom as opposed to d dressing room.

Mourinho needs material to work with...without 3 or 4 outstanding players mourinho aint worth shit

What coach could do it without material?
That does not exist.

giggsy11

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 05:16:29 PM »
Wenger is a true club manager...he manages players, youth programmes, budgets etc....sometimes i figure he might be better suited to d boardroom as opposed to d dressing room.

Mourinho needs material to work with...without 3 or 4 outstanding players mourinho aint worth shit

So are you saying Wenger doesn't have 3-4 players to work with? If so then Wenger is doing a sh!ty job of buying and cultivating players that can help Arsenull win. I also think Mourinho does a much better job than Arsene9 at teaching players how to win, by helping them tap into their inner psyche thus motivating them to a higher level of performance. Can you say Arsene9 has done that with this group of players?

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »
Has Arsene9 ever build a great side from scratch that won things? The invicibles and sides that won trophies contained a defense including goalie from the previous manager.

Incorrect. Only pre-Wenger players were Bergkamp, Parlour and Keown.

Rest of the The invincibles team was mostly Wenger's signings:

Vieira, Lehmann, Cole, Toure, Campbell, Lauren, Gilberto, Ljunberg, Pires, Henry, Edu, Cygan, Wiltord, Clichy, Reyes, Kanu, Aliadiere, Van Bronchorst, Jeffers.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
Call it what you want

Wenger cannot say that there aren't dead weight in the side publicly

Eboue diaby rosicky alumnia denilson fellas need to be gone

But run silverware with them justifies them staying when really they shouldn't

putting aside the shit talk, u are correct. The exact thing does happen when WI win a game.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 11:12:15 PM »
Thank you. So tired of hearing how Wenger inherited this great team and built nothing. A setta nonsense from people who don't bother to check their facts
Has Arsene9 ever build a great side from scratch that won things? The invicibles and sides that won trophies contained a defense including goalie from the previous manager.

Vieira, Lehmann, Cole, Toure, Campbell, Lauren, Gilberto, Ljunberg, Pires, Henry, Edu, Cygan, Wiltord, Clichy, Reyes, Kanu, Aliadiere, Van Bronchorst, Jeffers.

Victoria concordia crescit

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 06:34:15 AM »
Thank you. So tired of hearing how Wenger inherited this great team and built nothing. A setta nonsense from people who don't bother to check their facts

The 'invincibles' was A 2004 side that win a league title only.

The side before that won two doubles  (98 and 2002) and make 3 successive FA cup finals. Adams, Dixon, Keown, Winterburn, Seaman even Parlour were all big contributors.

In fact, take away those pre-Wenger men and Arsenal is a side with one league in 15 years so a lot of the success that Wenger trades on is built on players who were at the club when he got there.

What you have to give Wenger credit for is changing the way those guys played and worked and prolonging their careers so the were playing top level in their late, late 30s. I like Wenger and think the Arsenal fans crying over 5, 6, 7 year drought is silly in an age where Liverpool and Everton can't even sniff a title. That being said it is telling that the loss of a ready-made defence, and players with hardmen mentality coincides with this slow period.

Just for the sake of comparison it took Ferguson 7 years to win his 1st title. In that time he sold everyone he met at the club and it was all his players with the exception of Robson who barely played in the Championship season anyway. But that 1st great side form the foundation for the 2nd and so on. That is what Wenger is trying to build.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »
Mourinho is a results man plain and simple. I don't like the way any of his teams play but they win and that's important. Wenger is an excellent developmental coach but he don't win much. You must favour the winning coach.

But at the same time I like to ask Mourinho fans   to name 1 young player that developed under Mourinho's stewardship. Excluding Ozil and Di Maria they are big money signings.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »
I read both Biographies... both brilliant minds
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

giggsy11

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 11:31:20 AM »

Ok.

giggsy11

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 11:35:12 AM »
I respect both managers for what each brings to the table.  But I am glad neither is managing my team.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 11:39:41 AM »
I respect both managers for what each brings to the table.  But I am glad neither is managing my team.
Fergie isn't immortal

Your fall will come

Enjoy it while the sun shines

giggsy11

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »
Fergie isn't immortal

Your fall will come

Today is all each of us have; so yes I am and will enjoy it and the sunshine!  :)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »

Are you retarded? No wait don't answer that. You must be a Barca fan still licking your wounds.. Jose is the best Club Manager of our time, will he win a 3rd title with a third team? Sure he will. Did he win the Champions league with Porto (without top players) yes he did.

Just stfu go play tetris or something.. football aint for u...

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »
Fergie isn't immortal

Your fall will come

U sure bout that?? lol

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »
Win a league title only. I like that. Going undefeated in a season for the first time in over a hundred years and is "win a league title only".

The 'invincibles' was A 2004 side that win a league title only.

The side before that won two doubles  (98 and 2002) and make 3 successive FA cup finals. Adams, Dixon, Keown, Winterburn, Seaman even Parlour were all big contributors.

In fact, take away those pre-Wenger men and Arsenal is a side with one league in 15 years so a lot of the success that Wenger trades on is built on players who were at the club when he got there.

What you have to give Wenger credit for is changing the way those guys played and worked and prolonging their careers so the were playing top level in their late, late 30s. I like Wenger and think the Arsenal fans crying over 5, 6, 7 year drought is silly in an age where Liverpool and Everton can't even sniff a title. That being said it is telling that the loss of a ready-made defence, and players with hardmen mentality coincides with this slow period.

Just for the sake of comparison it took Ferguson 7 years to win his 1st title. In that time he sold everyone he met at the club and it was all his players with the exception of Robson who barely played in the Championship season anyway. But that 1st great side form the foundation for the 2nd and so on. That is what Wenger is trying to build.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:39:20 AM by dansteel »
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »

Are you retarded? No wait don't answer that. You must be a Barca fan still licking your wounds.. Jose is the best Club Manager of our time, will he win a 3rd title with a third team? Sure he will. Did he win the Champions league with Porto (without top players) yes he did.

Just stfu go play tetris or something.. football aint for u...
[/quote]

Just d fact dat u write dat shit make me overs any constructive argument with u.....

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 07:16:40 AM »
Win a league title only. I like that. Going undefeated in a season for the first time in over a hundred years and is "win a league title only"

I am not trying to take anything away from the 2004 championship winnng team but when people say that Arsene's success was with inherited players they are looking further back than 2004 to more successful sides (in terms of trophies). One unbeaten season could never mean more than two doubles. The entire defense, Bergkamp and key squad player (Parlour) were inherited.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 01:12:14 PM »
Win a league title only. I like that. Going undefeated in a season for the first time in over a hundred years and is "win a league title only"

I am not trying to take anything away from the 2004 championship winnng team but when people say that Arsene's success was with inherited players they are looking further back than 2004 to more successful sides (in terms of trophies). One unbeaten season could never mean more than two doubles. The entire defense, Bergkamp and key squad player (Parlour) were inherited.

I guess you eh read the whole thread. Keown and Parlour hardly played that season, as a matter of fact Keown needed a 10 minute cameo  in the very last game of the season to gain a league medal.

On another note (along the discussion) look what Man City have spent and they have not even won a game away from home since boxing day.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>