April 27, 2024, 02:48:08 PM

Author Topic: Women teams dominate 'Bajans'  (Read 3178 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Women teams dominate 'Bajans'
« on: April 27, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
Women teams dominate 'Bajans'.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Women’s Under 20 and Under 17 teams completed easy 5-1 and 4-0 victories over Barbados’s National Women’s Under 20 team in practice matches last Saturday and Monday at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

For the Under 20s, the goals came from  Anique Walker (1', 23'), Renelle Findley (37'), Khadidra Debesette (40'), Jonelle Warrick (86') against the “Bajans”.

Coach Richard Hood said despite his team’s dominance, it was still a use exercise.

“I thought that the U20 game vs the Barbados was a useful exercise for our team. It was an opportunity for us to expose a number of new players to international football whilst assessing their ability to play at a higher level and at the same time it offered the opportunity for some members of the U17 World Cup 2010 team to return to the international fold,” he said.

The Under 17s didn’t disappoint in the second game and left a good impression. Their goals came from Anique Walker (7'), Shanisa Camejo (40'), Shanicar Diamond (88'), Khadidra Debesette (90').

U-17 coach Stephan De Four added: "I thought the Barbados team came out with a bit more confidence with their game. They made the game a bit more competitive which was great for us because it lifted our game.

For getting the full team together for the first time to play their first . I think we have a good mix of World Cup and Youth Olympic players on this team it's just bringing them together and have them start gelling. So a great start."

Technical Director Even Pellerud was pleased with the showing from the T&T teams.

“Our players in the Elite Player Pool have eagerly been training over the last 5 months and international competition was long overdue. We contested the Barbados U20 team with our U20 team on Saturday and with our U17 team Monday.

Our teams are at this stage a little bit more fit and tactically mature than Barbados but the matches are competitive and valuable - to all teams! While our U20 won 5-1, our new U17 World Cup team proved their talent with a rather convincing win 4-0 Monday afternoon.

At this time, our U17 team is the better prepared team for this summer and falls CFU events. It is an obvious upside to stage as many as 5 eligible players from our last World Cup team thus providing a higher level of sophistication, understanding and physicality to this team,” Pellerud said.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:36:55 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women teams dominate 'Bajans'
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:25:17 PM »
Wow!!! Last Saturday and Monday. I forgot all about the women.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
Good show ladies  :wavetowel:

Looks like Pelleruds EPP is paying dividends handsomely.

Can't wait for some of these talented U17's to join the Seniors in a few years.

The seniors are also in camp & working hard in their quest to capture a birth in the upcoming CFU's Olympic qualifiers in Santa Domingo Dominican Republic in July to then have the opportunity to play in the Concacaf Olympic qualifiers versus the likes of Canada, USA & Mexico being held in Canada in November.

Good to see that womens football has a bright future in the TFFF.

Cheers   19

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »
there we go again !!!! Some folks will never learn ...

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »

JJ whats with the negative vibes my friend  :-\

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:46:32 PM »
normel ..19
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 06:49:06 PM »

[/quote
Is this your first visit to Disneyland ? ...well I have been there ..several times ...I know of that which I speak

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 06:54:24 PM »
...same plan recycled from the boys team that failed to qualify for the youth Wc ...when we were singing their praises for beating barbados I mentioned that jamaica were in Brazil for a month ...peeps said the very thing ... too negative !!

...what happened in the end ? between jamaica and T&T ? where dem where we  ? when de mark buss ...man disappointed ...
same song ..... same broken ship ...with a new coat of paint ...still not sea worthy ...
Fool some all of the time , fool all some of the time ..but cant fool all, all of the time ..

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 07:28:28 PM »

[/quote
Is this your first visit to Disneyland ? ...well I have been there ..several times ...I know of that which I speak

JJ I have been to Disney land many a time my friend and as they say it's a magical place where everyones dreams come true.

You know its people such as yourself that give our true supporters and believers of our programs a bad name.
As they say try and try and try again and when you fail you try and try again.

Why are you trying to compare the womens and the mens programs and there past histories. As the say BS baffles and your BS is baffling us all right now   :violin:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 08:33:50 PM »

[/quote

JJ I have been to Disney land many a time my friend and as they say it's a magical place where everyones dreams come true.

You know its people such as yourself that give our true supporters and believers of our programs a bad name.
As they say try and try and try again and when you fail you try and try again.

Why are you trying to compare the womens and the mens programs and there past histories. As the say BS baffles and your BS is baffling us all right now   :violin:

Why not lets see how this goes ...if I had the time I would go back years to old posts on the same subject ....some of the players involved might be grand parents by now .... look at the coaches ...look at their results ...look at their plans ..see any difference ? ...still holding out for different results ? Einstein must really have been mad !

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
JJ the women's program is evolving very quickly as it finally has organized structure through Director Pellerud's EPP (Elite player pool) program. That identifies the best of the best young ladies (as young as 13) to become apart of the EPP to train four times a week to become a more well rounded and knowledge footballer.
Nobody is saying that its going to be easy or happen overnight however with structure & discipline through the EPP we will see a better footballer who will be more prepared to help the senior team when its time. Look at the seniors recent results comparative to 4 or 8 years ago as its apparent the gap has closed in Concacaf.
Their is allot going on for the seniors this year (CFU Olympic qualifying) in Dominican Republic is early July. They have already qualified for the PAN American games in October in Guadalajara Mexico and am sure will be apart of Concacaf Olympic qualifiers this November in Canada. Keep working hard ladies & the results will come.

Happy Saturday all.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:41:11 AM »
JJ the women's program is evolving very quickly as it finally has organized structure through Director Pellerud's EPP (Elite player pool) program. That identifies the best of the best young ladies (as young as 13) to become apart of the EPP to train four times a week to become a more well rounded and knowledge footballer.
Nobody is saying that its going to be easy or happen overnight however with structure & discipline through the EPP we will see a better footballer who will be more prepared to help the senior team when its time. Look at the seniors recent results comparative to 4 or 8 years ago as its apparent the gap has closed in Concacaf.
Their is allot going on for the seniors this year (CFU Olympic qualifying) in Dominican Republic is early July. They have already qualified for the PAN American games in October in Guadalajara Mexico and am sure will be apart of Concacaf Olympic qualifiers this November in Canada. Keep working hard ladies & the results will come.

Happy Saturday all.

Ah glad to hear this and big up to  Pellerud.

But once Jamal Shabaaz around, it hard for T&T to compete outside of the Caribbean, he just cant coach at this level.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
Shabazz has not been around the girls since camp has begun ???
Not sure why as we are aware he is busy with his mens team however he has always in the past been at training sessions however not this time ::)
Anybody have any updates as to why he has not been around ?
Pellerud & his EPP staff have been running things & all is going to plan.
Cheers

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »
Shabazz has not been around the girls since camp has begun ???
Not sure why as we are aware he is busy with his mens team however he has always in the past been at training sessions however not this time ::)
Anybody have any updates as to why he has not been around ?
Pellerud & his EPP staff have been running things & all is going to plan.
Cheers

These new crop of girls putting people on blast  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 09:01:26 AM »
I can't comment too much on the talent of our ladies compared to other countries, but I've been fortunate enough to see many of the current senior team play lately. These girls are very talented. A certain Mr Sancho has formed a ladies touring team....VF Ladies, and they can stand their ground against the likes of Darin Lewis, Tiger Fitzpatrick, Mike McComie, Corneal Glen, Kevaughan Connell, Gary Glasgow and Sancho.

The aim of the team is to attend local and overseas competitions to promote T&T and womens issues.

The talent is here in T&T...its only the coaching and organisation that cam prevent them going forward. It is certainly true, that a training camp overseas in say, U.S.A., U.K. or Brazil would benefit them immensley.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »
Finally somebody is seeing what I have been saying since 2008. The sky is the limit for these young seniors with the right coaching .... the sky is the limit.

Cheers   19

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »
Finally somebody is seeing what I have been saying since 2008. The sky is the limit for these young seniors with the right coaching .... the sky is the limit.

Cheers   19

We have always had very good, great even female players (have you ever really seen Leslie Ann James play), but Jamla Shabazz has crippled our female program.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 07:44:40 PM »
Jamal ? more like the whole TTFF , remember the TTFF put him there. Our womens teams in the past never use to get any proper funding or program, before that junior world cup came last year
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »
Jamal ? more like the whole TTFF , remember the TTFF put him there. Our womens teams in the past never use to get any proper funding or program, before that junior world cup came last year

Trust meh with the players we had, we could have been better, with the scrumbs them girls use to get. Fren and wanna fren ting destroy ah lot of very good female players.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
u have a good point there
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:38 AM »
Well people we can't cry over the past we can only move foward... it would appear that the womens side is now getting decent funding and the recent results are showing marked improvemnt. Yes we had the same coaching staff (Shabazz & Charles) however will they both be involved in the Senior team moving forward under Director Pellurud's watch remains to be seen.
I guess it all depends on his long term committment as we know he has a 4 year contract and has served two so far. Good things have come about & hopefully more will ensue. One remains hopefull as to the later.

Cheers   19

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
Another good outing for the senior princesses this past weekend as the ladies played a U16 boys team from the south & beat them 3-1. Pellerud and his staffers are taking this team to the next level as he did with the 17's. Cant wait for the upcomjng CFU's in July. Goals this past weekend were scored by Cordner , Mascoll & King. Keep up the great work ladies !!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
James, Simon miss opportunity to play for National Under 17
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »
Tobago News

Diedre James and Terrisa Simon, the two Tobago players who are members of the National Under 17 team missed an opportunity to perform with the team because proper arrangements were not made for them to travel to Trinidad.

The Under 17 National team recently humbled Barbados 4-0 in a friendly game at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Corbin Cooper assistant coach for the National Under 17 team and coach in charge of women football on the island told the Tobago News that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation did not make the necessary arrangements for the players to travel to Trinidad.

He added that to date the players have only attended one training session, because of a lack of funds for them to travel to Trinidad.

Cooper said that the General Manager recently informed him that the Federation is only responsible for the players when they are selected for National duty.

Cooper who has dedicated his coaching to women football said that he has written to the Sports Division for funding for the players to travel to Trinidad to attend training sessions, but noted that so far he has been unsuccessful and is still waiting and hoping.

He added that there are also some Under 15 players who are unable to attend trials because of the same funding issue.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: James, Simon miss opportunity to play for National Under 17
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 08:05:08 PM »
Tobago News

Diedre James and Terrisa Simon, the two Tobago players who are members of the National Under 17 team missed an opportunity to perform with the team because proper arrangements were not made for them to travel to Trinidad.

The Under 17 National team recently humbled Barbados 4-0 in a friendly game at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Corbin Cooper assistant coach for the National Under 17 team and coach in charge of women football on the island told the Tobago News that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation did not make the necessary arrangements for the players to travel to Trinidad.

He added that to date the players have only attended one training session, because of a lack of funds for them to travel to Trinidad.

Cooper said that the General Manager recently informed him that the Federation is only responsible for the players when they are selected for National duty.

Cooper who has dedicated his coaching to women football said that he has written to the Sports Division for funding for the players to travel to Trinidad to attend training sessions, but noted that so far he has been unsuccessful and is still waiting and hoping.

He added that there are also some Under 15 players who are unable to attend trials because of the same funding issue.

what about all dat money SPORTT give the federations? what happen to THA? oh gawd man dis is 2011.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 07:03:37 PM »
Another successful match for the Princesses this evening at Larry Ghomes Stadium. The Princesses played a match versus a U16 boys squad & beat them one nil on a goal by YaYa Cordner. The team is coached by Richard Hood who was recently appointed to the team as its Head Coach.

Cheers   19

1]; } ?>