April 28, 2024, 11:46:40 AM

Author Topic: Pfister off to UK to hold talks with potential 'Soca Warriors'  (Read 6894 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pfister off to UK to hold talks with potential 'Soca Warriors'.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Newly appointed National Senior Team head coach Otto Pfister will jet off to London, England on Monday April 11 to hold discussions with English-born players who are eligible of representing Trinidad and Tobago on the international stage.

The German-born coach has already identified some players who have connections to T&T through parentage and has set up meetings with them and will also hold talks with their clubs as well as attend their respective matches and training sessions.

And Pfister has finalized a pool of fifty players he intends to invite for training camps inclusive of local and overseas-based players.

TTFF Technical adviser Keith Look Loy revealed on Friday that the upcoming FIFA International dates on June 1 and August 10 will see T&T engage in two international matches against respectable opponents.

“Coach Pfister has spoken to several people with a view towards making his recommendations for staff and this will be concluded within the next several days.

He leaves for Britain on Monday primarily to speak to foreign-born players who qualify by ancestry to play for Trinidad and Tobago.

He will be visiting their training sessions, talking to their clubs and talking to the players themselves in relation to inviting them for a trial with a view of joining the national team,” Look Loy told TTFF Media on Friday.

Pfister has also advised that he has no intentions of using half strength teams for the purpose of experimenting during the international friendlies “Otto has asked that we play on the two official  FIFA dates.

He has indicated that he has no interest in fielding experimental teams against any opposition. He wants the best opposition we can find and he intends to field the best team he can at any point in time,” Look Loy added. 

“The work is underway and we continue the search for foreign born players to add to that list of fifty we currently have in the pool.

The first training session takes place on April 18 and will be conducted by the technical staff in accordance to the program prepared by Pfister. He returns to Port of Spain shortly thereafter following his trip to the UK.

Video: - Look Loy gives update on Senior Team activity
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:24:59 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister off to UK to hold talks with potential 'Soca Warriors'
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:19:08 AM »
Dis man wuking

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: T&T is a bunch of jokers yes,these people will never learn they don't know what the hell they doing,all yu take that and smoke it.
    Come on they getting ques from this site.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 11:29:47 AM »
I recall that Latapy was given a sum of money for travelling just for that purpose but he wasn't interested...there's the difference with the foreigner. We team looking better already.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
good news, finally a coach who wants to play against strong opponents and is scouting the best players

best news in over a year or more :beermug:

like i said, pfister was the best fit

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: T&T is a bunch of jokers yes,these people will never learn they don't know what the hell they doing,all yu take that and smoke it.
    Come on they getting ques from this site.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He already stated he want two Intl friendlies, he not experimenting with half strength teams, he's going to scout in the UK, so it seems he taking the initative in turning things around. I'll sit back and watch.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:41:24 AM »
coach working
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 11:44:32 AM »

Newly appointed National Senior Team head coach Otto Pfister will jet off to London, England on Monday April 11 to hold discussions with English-born players who are eligible of representing Trinidad and Tobago on the international stage.
So the ttff had their  list of players all the time eh...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »
ah know it lickle early to make ah call on d old man competence....but really, it doh take rocket science to know that putting d best team on d field is always d best bet.... I doh know wha kind ah mad man tactics Latas was using.... d Only time yuh does use ah half strength team is when yuh in ah tournament and yuh done qualify for d next rong!!!! but nah trini like to always take gyamble! dye why d line always long by all dem play whe machine rong 12 o clock  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »

So the ttff had their  list of players all the time eh...

wonder why they never scouted before? sabotage maybe  :o

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »
With the money he is making, he better be wukking.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 12:47:57 PM »
From BBC. Nigeria taking a different direction.

Nigeria's Olympic coaches have been ordered to stick with locally-based players for the rest of the qualifying campaign for the 2012 Olympic Games.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) decision applies to the men's U23 team and the women's national side.

Both coaches have relied heavily on overseas stars in the London 2012 qualifying campaign so far.

"Both coaches have been told they have to go local," NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire told BBC Sport.

"It is highly disrespectful towards the domestic players, when they train together for three to four weeks and then you leave them out.

"We have taken this step to encourage our local players [both in the men and women leagues] and also as a cost measure."

The women's team have a 7-0 lead over Namibia going into the away leg of their second-round tie.

The U23 side defend a 5-0 first-leg lead in Equatorial Guinea this weekend and six foreign-based players are in the squad which has travelled to Malabo.

"There may be a chance to play them [the European stars] in this one but that will be it," said Olajire.

"The Super Falcons coach has been informed and she is restricting the next squad to players in the Nigerian women league only."

The Nigerian men won gold and silver medals at the 1996 and 2008 Olympic Games respectively.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 12:53:46 PM »
From BBC. Nigeria taking a different direction.

Nigeria's Olympic coaches have been ordered to stick with locally-based players for the rest of the qualifying campaign for the 2012 Olympic Games.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) decision applies to the men's U23 team and the women's national side.

Both coaches have relied heavily on overseas stars in the London 2012 qualifying campaign so far.

"Both coaches have been told they have to go local," NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire told BBC Sport.

"It is highly disrespectful towards the domestic players, when they train together for three to four weeks and then you leave them out.

"We have taken this step to encourage our local players [both in the men and women leagues] and also as a cost measure."

The women's team have a 7-0 lead over Namibia going into the away leg of their second-round tie.

The U23 side defend a 5-0 first-leg lead in Equatorial Guinea this weekend and six foreign-based players are in the squad which has travelled to Malabo.

"There may be a chance to play them [the European stars] in this one but that will be it," said Olajire.

"The Super Falcons coach has been informed and she is restricting the next squad to players in the Nigerian women league only."

The Nigerian men won gold and silver medals at the 1996 and 2008 Olympic Games respectively.

pfister has the experience and ability to deal with the foreign based flying in to play friendlies and having them play as a team and win, latas doesn't have this ability or experience or knowledge

he also has the ability to play an all local team and have them play at a high level. everyone will see the difference with a world class coach

man talking about age and what hes wearing but neglecting the fact of how hard it is to qualify and coach in africa.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:11:35 PM by Controversial »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »
Wrong approach for TnT football development.
why have a national team made up of low rated englishmen with TnT ties.

If they was good enough to play international ball I expect that they would be playing for capelo.

if that is you idea of a national team, national pride and football development

then

good luck, hope we make Brazil.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 01:15:10 PM »

If they was good enough to play international ball I expect that they would be playing for capelo.

then

wrong approach knd, what make you think those players aren't good enough

do you expect capello to fill the team with trinis? players in the uk know the ttff has been in a mess for a while

so now that we have a good coach once more, it will attract the quality players, beenhakker was the only notable coach that would have garnered interest from players in the uk

your acting like the ttff is so organized and has always had an excellent coach for our national team

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 01:22:07 PM »

then

Low rated so what that says about trini players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »

then

Look at Jake Thomson, he is what u will qualify as a "lowly rated englishman", but baring Khaleem Hyland, none of our youth players can come close to him!!

The man wukking!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 01:36:21 PM »

then

Look at Jake Thomson, he is what u will qualify as a "lowly rated englishman", but baring Khaleem Hyland, none of our youth players can come close to him!!

The man wukking!!

ah love it!!

mr 3000 dont study knd, he talking high class garbage 8)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »
Dis man wuking
      You are a mad man or what,how he getting pay?you eh hear Jack and Hislop say the Germany boys have to get pay first,i want to see how they doing that.
       I wonder if the last T&T team got paid?i wonder if Latas got his salary?wasn't a date set for the SW to be paid,i think sometime in May,the judge said so,wasn't the TTFF accounts made available and it still did not satisfy the courts and have to be submitted again,what ever is to be done is being done,so far nobody make jail or going to jail,i guess we happy like pappy so lets move on,
        Football going on and we will with the grace of god survive these rough times and get back to where we used to be,all i want to say is stop the hateing and lets unit for the sake of Football.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 02:39:06 PM »
Forget the finance issues for the moment, here is the same question I asked, in 2005 pre BeenE, do TTians(ask yourselves) want their football to be developed to an any acceptable standard whereby we could be the best in the region, or they want to have a sort of winning National Team...i.e.who has a sort of chance to go the world cup..If both, or the former, then Pfister not wukkin at all...ok...back to step 1(Finances, Pay the ex-workers. step 2, don't make promises yuh have no intention of keeping....cause no real potential National coming to bust dey arse for free.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »
pfister looking to end his career on a high with tt at the brazil wc in 2014 and making a statement with the team

youth development begins with the schools and pro league, the national coach not here to develop even though we wish that, it aint happening

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 04:30:21 PM »
pfister now reach and he already have a list of 50 players.  is that his list? jack list? look loy list?  allyuh does take up chain real easy then complain when de mark buss.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
Forget the finance issues for the moment, here is the same question I asked, in 2005 pre BeenE, do TTians(ask yourselves) want their football to be developed to an any acceptable standard whereby we could be the best in the region, or they want to have a sort of winning National Team...i.e.who has a sort of chance to go the world cup..If both, or the former, then Pfister not wukkin at all...ok...back to step 1(Finances, Pay the ex-workers. step 2, don't make promises yuh have no intention of keeping....cause no real potential National coming to bust dey arse for free.
When you say develop .. ? I am no expert in local talent, but i am sure that his approach is mainly to find a core he can work with. A core is usually generated from experience players over a period of time dispite playing maybe in 3rd division in england. We all saw what the locals can do and it wasnt good enough. I think maybe trinidad golden generation has passed and its time to find players to fit certain roles in important areas in the pitch.

Perhaps its too early to give my verdict on the new head coach but it seems to me that he is on the rite path.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 04:49:07 PM »
glad to see something happening. keepin a close eye on d developments
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 05:02:36 PM »
My issue is that if the core of TT is going to be based on outside players, then we in for a rough ride. How often can he get them to practice. Unless he play all the practice games in England(which is not far fetched).  How can he instill his philosophy if he can only get them for 5 days every 3months. Will these clubs let these players go at a reasonable time. The only time he will have these players for a reasonale amount of time is right after the end of the Euro. leagues. Then in 6 weeks is preseason for the Euros. So we expecting a whole lot in those 6 weeks. I will reserve judgement and critisizing.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »
pfister now reach and he already have a list of 50 players.  is that his list? jack list? look loy list?  allyuh does take up chain real easy then complain when de mark buss.
This.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
This.

We are a simple people
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 06:05:51 PM »
My issue is that if the core of TT is going to be based on outside players, then we in for a rough ride. How often can he get them to practice. Unless he play all the practice games in England(which is not far fetched).  How can he instill his philosophy if he can only get them for 5 days every 3months. Will these clubs let these players go at a reasonable time. The only time he will have these players for a reasonale amount of time is right after the end of the Euro. leagues. Then in 6 weeks is preseason for the Euros. So we expecting a whole lot in those 6 weeks. I will reserve judgement and critisizing.
    I thought this is what we wanted,i thought foreign players will solve all our problems,no Coach weather foreign or local will have it easy,calling players is only part of our issues,getting them when you want and need them is where the headache is,it does not matter who make the calls the Coach has the final say.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »
pfister looking to end his career on a high with tt at the brazil wc in 2014 and making a statement with the team

youth development begins with the schools and pro league, the national coach not here to develop even though we wish that, it aint happening

that is the coach we should be investing in then, someone who can coach the schools & pro league coaches..cause other than that we will always be throwing money away...Yuh think Mexico, Canada or USA get half decent because they National team winning or because they invest at the grass roots..I not sure ah SH woulda do a half decent job with Canada, if he didn't build from the lower ages...are we building the roof and then expecting a base and foundation to grow under it...I don't know bout the mighty oak, buh ah could tell yuh, the mighty mango tree, start as a seed, to a seedling, to a little tree, a big tree and later bears fruit every year...we want fruit readymade, well that naturally go have to come from some other tree...then we vex, how come we used to have so much mango, and now like they dry up... :-\

1]; } ?>