March 28, 2024, 05:46:24 PM

Author Topic: Pfister off to UK to hold talks with potential 'Soca Warriors'  (Read 6812 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister off to UK to hold talks with potential 'Soca Warriors'
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
pfister looking to end his career on a high with tt at the brazil wc in 2014 and making a statement with the team

youth development begins with the schools and pro league, the national coach not here to develop even though we wish that, it aint happening

that is the coach we should be investing in then, someone who can coach the schools & pro league coaches..cause other than that we will always be throwing money away...Yuh think Mexico, Canada or USA get half decent because they National team winning or because they invest at the grass roots..I not sure ah SH woulda do a half decent job with Canada, if he didn't build from the lower ages...are we building the roof and then expecting a base and foundation to grow under it...I don't know bout the mighty oak, buh ah could tell yuh, the mighty mango tree, start as a seed, to a seedling, to a little tree, a big tree and later bears fruit every year...we want fruit readymade, well that naturally go have to come from some other tree...then we vex, how come we used to have so much mango, and now like they dry up... :-\

Words worth their weight in gold.

Building foundation is not where the fast money is, so Jack/TTFF not interested in that.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »
pfister looking to end his career on a high with tt at the brazil wc in 2014 and making a statement with the team

youth development begins with the schools and pro league, the national coach not here to develop even though we wish that, it aint happening

that is the coach we should be investing in then, someone who can coach the schools & pro league coaches..cause other than that we will always be throwing money away...Yuh think Mexico, Canada or USA get half decent because they National team winning or because they invest at the grass roots..I not sure ah SH woulda do a half decent job with Canada, if he didn't build from the lower ages...are we building the roof and then expecting a base and foundation to grow under it...I don't know bout the mighty oak, buh ah could tell yuh, the mighty mango tree, start as a seed, to a seedling, to a little tree, a big tree and later bears fruit every year...we want fruit readymade, well that naturally go have to come from some other tree...then we vex, how come we used to have so much mango, and now like they dry up... :-\

breds you were there a decade ago when we were making these suggestions on the net in the earlies.

we are still making them and nothing has happened, SH is a borse coach, he would have made an excellent asst to pfister and could have taken over afterwards.

he also is a good coach when it comes to youth development, but plenty great ideas does fall on deaf ears

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »

Words worth their weight in gold.

Building foundation is not where the fast money is, so Jack/TTFF not interested in that.

i remember having a conversation with ribbit in 2009, prior to south africa and we came to a conclusion that the money to be made is small in comparison to what can be made if tt qualifies for brazil

2014 here we come

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 06:40:55 PM »
How much money we getting for qualifying for 2014? Who getting the money? What will it be spent on?

You want money to go to the same person/s that the High court of T&T condemmed as fiscally irresponsible?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »
How much money we getting for qualifying for 2014? Who getting the money? What will it be spent on?

You want money to go to the same person/s that the High court of T&T condemmed as fiscally irresponsible?

plenty money, definitely not the players, liming -retirement-vacations-cars-new suits

we have no choice in that matter, FIFA is almost untouchable and also their sr execs.

enjoy the ride, don't be surprised tt draw in the same group with brazil

SOCA VS. SAMBA IN RIO - the tv rights will be through the roof

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
We have choices. Me I go continue to make my little noise, even tho its like the beating of butterfly wings againt concrete. You prefer to bend over and enjoy the ride. Just be careful they don't pour sand in yuh bottom when yuh close yuh eyes  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 07:48:46 PM »
Just be careful they don't pour sand in yuh bottom when yuh close yuh eyes  :beermug:

hahaha  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »
pfister now reach and he already have a list of 50 players.  is that his list? jack list? look loy list?  allyuh does take up chain real easy then complain when de mark buss.

Exactly

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »
We have choices. Me I go continue to make my little noise, even tho its like the beating of butterfly wings againt concrete. You prefer to bend over and enjoy the ride. Just be careful they don't pour sand in yuh bottom when yuh close yuh eyes   :beermug:

:rotfl:

Some men here remind me of the prostitute that don't feel good unless the pimp screwing her!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 05:37:55 AM »
Atleast Pfister get an A for trying, Latas didn't believe in friendlies, he preferred having the team running around Dwight Yorke Stadium instead.

Cant wait to see the 2 friendlies the TTFF will cough up, I say Guyana and Grenada....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 05:52:29 AM »
if money more than talent I say buy a big big box of band aids yes.  For the most part at least the youths will not say that it cannot be done (provided the team not all foreign), removing a big psychological burden. The drive to up their game will no doubt trickle down (of course all assuming the ttff doh fuk up royally again...wishful thinking eh, but that is the life of a fan).

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »
Look roy.....have more juice then Lincoln ...Lincoln seem in the dark

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 10:49:20 AM »

ah tell them fellahs on the board, look loy running the show

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »
I seeing real positives in this  approach. With the  way the team was playing we couldn't get a game against a game against anybody but Caribbean opposition. With the FIFA ranking that we have right now trialing a TnT player is a definite waster of time and money. Men watching game and saying this fella looking good but the rest of the team pulling his stones. Well now we would know if the men we thought was looking good actually good or not. The better locals will at least get a more consistent run at the higher level because we might actually be able to get decent games and advance in a competition. When better players on the scene all the star boys will actually have to show up and play. Competition for spots will force men to raise they level of play. The professional environment men was begging to get created will happen automatically cause now we will be dealing with professionals. Sponsors and fans would be interested in the football again. We might actually do it to the Reggae bunch and get some humility from them.

What were the pitfalls again?

Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »
every time  we say we playing creditable opponents somthing does happen and we endin up playin guyana
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 11:24:22 AM »
every time  we say we playing creditable opponents somthing does happen and we endin up playin guyana

pfister not settling for guyana, the man run with the biggest teams in africa, i doubt he wasting his time on small teams for intl friendlies

we will get a formidable opponent in june

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »

well if that the case....what is Lincoln Phillip responsibility

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »

well if that the case....what is Lincoln Phillip responsibility

the best person to answer that question is flex bc lincoln role has shrunk by the looks of it

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »
guy's i finish watching the interview of Mr. Look roy......does that mean there is a brighe future or we putting a bandage on a serious problem

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »
guy's i finish watching the interview of Mr. Look roy......does that mean there is a brighe future or we putting a bandage on a serious problem

its a bandage that will last till after we play in the 2014 world cup in brazil

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »
Controversial yuh seem real pumped about this appointment.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 01:17:44 PM »
Controversial yuh seem real pumped about this appointment.

very pumped  8)

pfister right now has the edge over most of the other coaches in concacaf, the US and mexico are our major concerns

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
The best football news in m*&ther c*&t years!!!!

Everybody entitled to dey opinion yes, BUT ME, i effing fedup wid laborers on my national effing team.

Pfister doing de best ting, and even if he have Latas or Corneal around, dem foreign players could just pretend to listen to dem cause dey know dey friggin clueless.

Let dem local players stop dey and continue to make men only write bout speed of play and see where dey go end up

Good effing move Mr. Pfister!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »

Everybody entitled to dey opinion yes, BUT ME, i effing fedup wid laborers on my national effing team.

Pfister doing de best ting, and even if he have Latas or Corneal around, dem foreign players could just pretend to listen to dem cause dey know dey friggin clueless.

Let dem local players stop dey and continue to make men only write bout speed of play and see where dey go end up

:rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »

some posters acting like if ron la forest was just appointed  :D

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »
So when they going and appoint the man assistants? 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
So who are these player btw??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>