April 26, 2024, 12:01:37 AM

Author Topic: Jamaica and other Caribbean Teams in Trouble with appointment of Pfister  (Read 10115 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Let's wait and  see. I am optimistic though, I was impressed with his desire to field the best team when ever possible against worthy competition  :applause: :applause:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Let's wait and  see. I am optimistic though, I was impressed with his desire to field the best team when ever possible against worthy competition  :applause: :applause:

good post, nice to see posters who are positive, too many negative know it all posters on the board who hide when they are proven wrong :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If the fans really had a say Jack would not be there. Yes they read what we write, but that has little or nobearing when the big decision is made by jack. he does go with his gut feelings. Not when we  buss some  cuss in he backside from this website.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:43:26 PM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

good post, nice to see posters who are positive, too many negative know it all posters on the board who hide when they are proven wrong :beermug:

We eh being too negative. We have been thru this before. We refused to jump on the badwagon until we see the plan, the players and the worthy practice opponents.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

We eh being too negative. We have been thru this before. We refused to jump on the badwagon until we see the plan, the players and the worthy practice opponents.

:applause:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

doh fuhgeh de dollars and accounts
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Here is what I do know. It doesn't matter who the coach is in a Jamaica (Reggae Boyz) vs T&T (Soca Warriors) matchup up-unless again it is similiar like the "Tappa vs Lapaty matchup-it will always be a rivalry.

Our U-17 Young Boyz captain made the statement that the toughest match for them was the Jamaica-T&T match because it was like war. His words.

So Controversial, like the true patriot he is will still be puffing air for the next 20 years. :devil:

i will enjoy the next clash, its funny bc ja never played tt under beenhakker if my memory serves me correctly, this time however they will face a good coach for TT, something tt almost never had over the last 10-15 years.
It will happen. But here's something I also know. The Reggae Boyz have a better success record so far with Tappa as our coach than any foreign coach (Rene Simoes being the exception). Look at how the Reggae Boyz easily dismantle your Soca Warriors in POS and as many people thought the Argentines would run rampart with a big score against the Reggae Boyz where it took an additional 8 minutes injury time goal to beat us.

Here's a reminder:
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1351461.html

didnt we draw with your team not too long ago with latas?

ja has always avoided us when we have a strong coach, there is no avoiding this time
Be careful what you say without doing your research.
Did Jamaica avoided T&T when they had a strong coach like Rene Simoes for their World Cup qualifier in POS when Stern John scored against the Reggae Boyz first. But Onandi Lowe and Deon Burton erase that goal with a 2-1 win. ;D

simoes is not as strong as beenhakker or pfister, this time around it will be a different story

brazil is where tt will be heading for 2014, make sure to tune in and watch the tt team  8)

I will promise to eat my hat if T&T make Brazil 2014 if you also promise to cut off your tongue and go live in Jamaica if we don't! Is that a deal?!

Another thing I can promise you from now is that Pfister won't even be here before the end of our qualification campaign for Brazil if the TTFF don't cough up the proper accounts and correct money that is due to our 2006 world cup warriors for their success and impact in Germany!

Our foreign born & based players cannot be expected to give their all for the T&T 2014 qualification campaign if they can look back and see that the last relatively successful senior T&T team was not treated fairly and with respect by the TTFF. And since most of our local players are either not good enough to do it without the help of the foreign based or may tote similar feelings about the issue as our foreign born/based players, you can rest assured that our qualification campaign already has a major hurdle to overcome where the track record of the treatment of our players by the TTF is concerned.

This issue can only be put to rest if the TTFF pays the 2006 world cup players what was promised to them and also apologises to the nation for destroying the 2006 team with the jacklist that stopped those guys with all that world cup experience from smoothly passing the baton on to the upcoming generation of seniors.

In other words the problem plaguing and destroying the development of our football still remains despite the hiring of Pfister.

I’m not celebrating the hiring of Pfister or foolishly taking no bait until I see certain things being corrected starting with the unfair treatment of our 2006 world cup players by the TTFF!

Some folks are forgetting that it will be our players playing the game and not the coach and without the right motivating factors our players will not be able or willing to give their blood for the red, white & black  TTFF and who can honestly blame them!

so socapro, exactly what are you going to do about our current state of football affairs?

what action should the fans take because the avenues have all been explored and leads to a dead end.

i have my opinion and you have yours, we agree to disagree.

What I am doing is waiting for the TTFF to produce proper accounts and to quickly pay our 2006 world cup warriors what was promised to them!

Then once the TTFF have shown that they have learnt from their errors and will from now on be fair to our players and transparent with their accounts then and only then would the current state of affairs be resolved and T&T football can move forward into the 21st century!

So I suggest that all genuine fans of T&T football stand with me to put pressure on the TTFF to do the right thing and not fall for the bait of a new international coach until they have done the right thing to motivate all future T&T players which is to produce proper accounts and sort our 2006 world cup warriors out with what was promised to them.

We cannot skip pass this issue and expect to have a successful 2014 world cup qualification campaign as our players are no longer as naive and foolish as some members of this forum and most folks in the TTFF still expect them to be!

:thumbsup:

schupsss, genuine fans?

you have a divided football fraternity from players to admin and you expect progression?

sr players ride out and leave the rest to battle and you talking about genuine fans?

TT football is for entertainment, sport is entertainment.

stop taking things personally, if you only knew the real details behind our football, you wouldn't be braying all the time.

up to now i am waiting to hear a suggestion as to how to move tt football forward from you, but you talking in circles with no real answers or solutions.

so you really think after the payments are made to the players, everything will go back to normal and the ttff, fpatt and the players will make a river lime and drink some bush rum and laugh it off?

If you don’t care about the state of T&T football as much as many others here and it’s just light entertainment for you and you don’t class yourself as a genuine fan that’s okay!
I won’t condemn you for being honest & I won’t try to get personal as that’s your choice.

You asked me what I was doing to see an improvement in T&T football and I outlined it above. I think I’ve given you enough of my precious time as it obvious where you are concerned I might as well be talking to a brick wall.

You are not worth my time as you clearly believe you know it all so go ahead keep bragging about how we on our way to Brazil and how Jamaica and all the other Caribbean islands in trouble. I’ve thrown the towel with trying to talk sense into you!

It’s a pity you keep ducking my bet though! I stated that I’ll eat my hat if we qualify for Brazil 2014 without certain things being dealt with urgently & in return if we don’t qualify you should keep yuh trap shut & go live in Jamaica and support the Reggaeboyz! I think that’s a fair bet but you keep ducking it and accusing me of hiding!   ::)

Btw the last paragraph I've highlighted in your last reply is something imagined by yourself with your vivid imagination as I never said that!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:29:18 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I too agree with this. The title of the post itself is a bit starry-eyed but that is the height of optimism i guess!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica will always beat us simple because T&T players have no belly.

T&T could bring the best coach in the world and import 10 Maradonas, it doesn't matter, without heart you have nothing.

No only this, but Jamaica kicked off their 2014 campaine over a two years ago, T&T still self searching.

Sando for a football nut how can you jump to that conclusion.
is best yuh say that they stand the chance of beating TnT on most day with recent preparations, form and their great desire to re surge as a dominant force in the Caribbean but to say that jamrock own we. Nah sah. I see TnT play some football (under Latapy at dat) in Tobago against a competent opponent and Jamrock aint play dem kinda football in years. Jamrock right now looking like a glorified Haitian Team. Plenty Fight and Plenty Grit with mediocre Tactical prowess and fluidity of play.Jamrock might Love football more than TnT but... we could whine better! Who have ears to hear let them hear.

Yes, Jamaica has OWNED you for the better part of the past ten years in head to head competition.
Funny that you mentioned T&T playing and losing to Costa Rica as your best game in recent years. You conveninetly forget that JAmaica has defeated Honduras, Mexico, and Canada on the trot in world cup qualifying games around the same time, and has defeated the same Costa Rica team that you boast about since then as well.

How you can come hear boasting about a game that you lost is beyond me. If so be the case...then maybe i should boast about Argentina neading an overtyime goal to beat Jamaica in Mar Del Plata.   ::)

how many caribbean titles do you have? let me save you the time, we have more, we also have more hex appearances and have come close to qualifying for the WC many more times than ja.

the only reason TT has been performing so poorly in the last 10 years is mainly bc of the ttff and bad coaches, or coaches who were undermined by players, fans or the fed. tt is the reason why tt loses, we are our own worse enemy

what a f*cking joke. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Trinidad only have three more titles than Jamaica, and those were old. Trinidad have never won the cup since the new one was introduce. id did not know that qualifier for hex or close to qualify for world cup is achievements  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Jamaica also play way more quality teams than Trinidad.  from Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Ghana etc... we will be playing Korea republic later in the year.

the depth of Jamaica team:

GK    Duwayne Kerr    January 16, 1987 (age 24)        Norway Strømmen IF
GK    Dwayne Miller    July 14, 1987 (age 23)    17        Sweden Syrianska FC
GK    Donovan Ricketts    June 7, 1977 (age 33)        United States Los Angeles Galaxy

DF    Shavar Thomas    January 29, 1981 (age 30)        United States Sporting Kansas City
DF    Eric Vernan    July 4, 1987 (age 23)               Jamaica Portmore United
DF    Dicoy Williams    October 7, 1986 (age 24)         Canada Toronto F.C.
DF    Jermaine Taylor    January 14, 1985 (age 26)        United States Houston Dynamo
DF    Shaun Francis    October 22, 1986 (age 24)       United States Columbus Crew
DF    O'Brian Woodbine    January 11, 1988 (age 23)        Finland Vaasan Palloseura

MF    Rodolph Austin    June 1, 1985 (age 25)               Norway Brann
MF    Demar Phillips    September 23, 1983 (age 27)     Norway Aalesund
MF    Dane Richards    December 14, 1983 (age 27)       United States New York Red Bulls
MF    Khari Stephenson    January 18, 1981 (age 30)    United States San Jose Earthquakes
MF    Damian Williams    April 23, 1981 (age 29)               Norway Nybergsund IL-Trysil
MF    Lovel Palmer    August 30, 1984 (age 26)         United States Houston Dynamo
MF    Jason Morrison    June 7, 1984 (age 26)               Norway Aalesund
MF    Omar Daley    April 25, 1981 (age 29)             England Bradford City

FW    Omar Cummings    July 13, 1982 (age 28)             United States Colorado Rapids
FW    Kavin Bryan    February 7, 1984 (age 27)       Vietnam SLNA
FW    Luton Shelton    November 11, 1985 (age 25)        Norway Vålerenga
FW    Ryan Johnson    November 26, 1984 (age 26)       United States San Jose Earthquakes
FW    O'Brian White    December 14, 1985 (age 25)       United States Seattle Sounders FC
FW    Ricardo Fuller    October 31, 1979 (age 31)        England Stoke City
FW    Nicholas Addlery    December 7, 1981 (age 29)       Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Islanders

that is just a few of the many overseas players. there are allot more, plus add that to the large amount of local base players, and if tappa want to add English Jamaicans to that it would be even larger.

attack

Luton Shelton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tSChIFONes

Omar Cummings  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoWXNz9pzgY

Ricardo Fuller  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKNtGU-c6S4

Ryan Johnson  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLVzmeL6SKs&feature=related

Dane Richards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0wKpZtOSQ

just a few. i really don't see why Jamaica should be scared   :rotfl:. there is also allot of locals who just sign overseas.  

Jamaica have came a long way in a short time:

5 Caribbean cups
1 third place, 1 fourth place, 2 quarterfinals at the gold cup.
 2007 Panamerican Games - Silver Medal

play some of the best teams in the world

and don't forget we win match at the world cup  :devil::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYhkfkrT6Q&feature=related

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:28:57 PM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

I too agree with this. The title of the post itself is a bit starry-eyed but that is the height of optimism i guess!

it depends which way posters wanna go, the height of pessimism or optimism, i prefer to be positive

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Give credit where it is due Jamacia have done their work to be number 1 and they deserve it TNT has to now earn it, we cannot claim anything until we start winning some silverware again LET'S GET REAL PEOPLE
I tired seeing half dead trini's kicking the ball around like a bunch of school boys cah pass cah trap cah possess and cah shoot. Let's play our big guns at all times

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Give credit where it is due Jamacia have done their work to be number 1 and they deserve it TNT has to now earn it, we cannot claim anything until we start winning some silverware again LET'S GET REAL PEOPLE
I tired seeing half dead trini's kicking the ball around like a bunch of school boys cah pass cah trap cah possess and cah shoot. Let's play our big guns medium guns (that's all we have  ;D) at all times

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I tired seeing half dead trini's kicking the ball around like a bunch of school boys cah pass cah trap cah possess and cah shoot. Let's play our big guns at all times

I thought you were talking about the big guns, becuz that is how they play too.

1]; } ?>