March 28, 2024, 11:36:18 PM

Author Topic: Jabloteh to hunt locally for new coach  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh to hunt locally for new coach
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:42:57 PM »
Jabloteh to hunt locally for new coach
ttproleague.com

Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh will begin its search for a new coach over the next few weeks according to club chairman Jerry Hospedales.

Hospedales was speaking at last Thursday’s media conference hosted by the club at the residence of vice-chairman Wilfred Espinet in St. Clair Port of Spain to reveal new main sponsor Adam’s Project Management and Construction.

Hospedales confirmed parting ways with coach Terry Fenwick following the 2010-2011 TT Pro League season saying that the former England international and Portsmouth coach contract was dependant on the financing of 16 yearold sponsor CLICO.

And with the pullout of financing by the troubled financial company, Fenwick’s contract became void.

“Over the next month we will explore all options available to us for a new coach,” said Hospedales who later stated that because of the financial strains, the club will seek a local coach for the position.

“We are looking for someone who understands the benefits of good recruitment, understands player development, preparations, opposition tactics and culture of excellence.”

He further stated, “Fenwick has all those and more of those qualities but his contract was dependant on CLICO financing. And when CLICO financing was pulled, his contract became null and void.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh to hunt locally for new coach
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
Good opportunity for Latapy to gain experience and prove himself  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »
And Anton  ;)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »
And Anton  ;)

Anton NER NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »

I agree, this is Latas' chance,

If he is interested of course. No clue what Pro League coaches are paid these days.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline carnival

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »
Good chance for Derrick King to return to the fold.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »
Possibly
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 11:13:18 PM »
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 05:12:05 AM »
Hmmm.......Hospedales = Warner??   "his contract was dependant on CLICO financing. And when CLICO financing was pulled, his contract became null and void.”

Unless Fenwicks contract specifically had a clause stating the above, I think Mr Hospedales is on very thin ice legally. Fenwicks contract was with the club, not the sponsor. It may not be Jabs fault that CLICO went down, but it certainly isn't Fenwicks! You lose a sponsor, its your job to replace them. Easier said than done in the Pro League, but the law is black & white.

The message is clear to any new coach at Jab. “We are looking for someone who understands the benefits of good recruitment, understands player development"  In other words : There is no money!!!

Offline carnival

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »
Jabloteh board is a bunch of maniacs who has no clue they have never been at a training ground or even given players bonus half of jabloteh team has no contracts so expect them to have a depleted team in this year's Pro League and with rumors of new head coach in town his name is Angus Eve so we will see how he takes things forward.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 03:14:35 PM »
I like Jabloteh a lot. They were one of the more progressive team in TT when I was growing up. I remember this team had they own team bus back in the 80s, while most teams with the exceptions of the Df and gov't teams, would car pool tohome and  away games. But when they had the sponsorship with Clico in the good times, they should try to get them to organize a practice facility with a couple fields up in Bourg Malatrasse. They let that slip at the time. I more put what ever blame we all want to allocate on Hospedales, because he has been at the helm of that team for years. And it appeared to me or us that he had the ear of Duprey. So he should have tried to secure that facility. But they like everybody else were not expectiting the bubble to burst. They went from millionaisr to hundred-nairs(if there is such a word). But good luck anyway. If they come to DC , PA, NY, I will go to support them. God Bless.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »
I hope Fenwick continues working in the local football scene. The timing was right for him to become natl coach.
Hart for president

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »
Give Fenwick the youth national teams . He is tried and tested. Actually I would make him the assistant to German.

1]; } ?>