April 20, 2024, 04:21:16 AM

Author Topic: Allyson Hennessy  (Read 11582 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Allyson Hennessy
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 07:20:35 AM »
I thought she was doing well say wah life goes on RIP.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 11:07:04 AM »
RIP Allyson...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
RIP Ms Allyson!!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 01:05:52 PM »
Ah General Gone. RIP
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 03:36:12 PM »
Local tv icons leavin.....r.i.p
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
RIP Allyson a true icon.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
My only personal encounter with her was when ah went tuh Veni Mange ah few years ago. Very classy lady.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyson Hennessy passes on
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »
Allyson Hennessy passes on
ctntworld.com

Veteran talk show host, Allyson Hennessy, has died.

Ms Hennessy, who was ailing since April, passed away on Saturday 7th May at the St Clair Medical Centre. She was in the Intensive Care Unit at the Centre for the past several weeks.

She was synonymous with State owned Trinidad and Tobago Television (TTT) during its early years, having interviewed many people from all walks of live including the late Prime Minister, Dr Eric Williams, pop superstar, Michael Jackson, and many others.

At TTT, she hosted the popular mid-morning programme Community Dateline for several years with other presenters including Wendell Constantine, Judy Alcantara, Lisa Wickham and Judy Chong Dennison, until 2005 when the station closed. She later hosted a talk show on NCC Channel 4, and in 2010, “The Box” on Gayelle the Channel.

In 2009, she was honoured by the Trinidad and Tobago Publishers and Broadcasters Association for her contribution to television in Trinidad and Tobago.

In acknowledging her passing, State-owned Caribbean New Media Group (CNMG) said it is profoundly saddened by the death of Ms Hennessy.

A statement from interim CEO, Ken Ali, reads:

"Ms. Hennessy has passed away at a time when CNMG was actively discussing meaningful ways of honouring her vast contribution to Trinidad and Tobago via the State media sector. Indeed, a Committee to make recommendations met as late as Friday morning. The Committee will continue its deliberations, with a view to proposing purposeful means by which CNMG can pay enduring tribute to one of the most respected and admired practitioners in the local electronic media. CNMG fondly remembers Ms. Hennessy for her abiding love of her country, her abundant native spirit, affection for local culture and her overall zest for life. She showcased those attributes for a generation on CNMG’s prior State-owned media enterprise and at a time when a young Trinidad and Tobago nation was finding ways to express its identity, values and aspirations. While Trinidad and Tobago is considerably poorer with the passing of Ms. Hennessy, CNMG is committed to preserving and fostering her tremendous legacy and to endearing it to future generations.Her death – especially taking place mere weeks after the passing of gifted newspaper journalist Keith Smith – has left the media with an irreplaceable absence."

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allyson Hennessy passes on
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »

"Ms. Hennessy has passed away at a time when CNMG was actively discussing meaningful ways of honouring her vast contribution to Trinidad and Tobago via the State media sector. Indeed, a Committee to make recommendations met as late as Friday morning. The Committee will continue its deliberations, with a view to proposing purposeful means by which CNMG can pay enduring tribute to one of the most respected and admired practitioners in the local electronic media. CNMG fondly remembers Ms. Hennessy for her abiding love of her country, her abundant native spirit, affection for local culture and her overall zest for life. She showcased those attributes for a generation on CNMG’s prior State-owned media enterprise and at a time when a young Trinidad and Tobago nation was finding ways to express its identity, values and aspirations. While Trinidad and Tobago is considerably poorer with the passing of Ms. Hennessy, CNMG is committed to preserving and fostering her tremendous legacy and to endearing it to future generations.Her death – especially taking place mere weeks after the passing of gifted newspaper journalist Keith Smith – has left the media with an irreplaceable absence."

They always a day late and a dollar short
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:46:51 PM by Tallman »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2011, 05:49:47 AM »
RIP Ms Hennessy.   

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »
RIP mrs. hennessy...growing up ah had a real crush on this bouncin beauty oui....ah neva miss ah dateline........ah use to hate goin to school.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »
One of my funniest memories of her was a time on Dateline when she was interviewing Carlitos Colon, Victor Jovika, Invader # 1 and some other Caribbean wrestlers...

She was just doing a cultural presentation about the wrestling event that was taking place in Trinidad. Clearly she didn't get the memo that the wresting drama is a scripted thing.. so the wrestlers sitdown to be interviewed and not too long after, a Jerry Springer type argument break out on the set...

Mrs Hennessy had to play referee to calm everybody down, eventually going to a commercial break.... she handled the situation diligently...

RIP.. True T and T Icon..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 04:05:09 AM »
Allyson Hennessy funeral will take place at 10.30 am Friday at St Finbar’s RC Church, Morne Coco Road, Diego Martin.

From what I understand, the wake will be in front of Veni!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 06:03:50 AM »
LOL...I eh go lie...this sequence of postings and retorts real crack me up boy.....

Allyuh have me here skylarking 10:00 Monday morning. This place is the besssss....

Is not just you yes  :rotfl:

DJ, I and all was wondering what the hell you talking about. It really dat hard just to explain yuhself.

Just when I getting over you, you does come up with a next one.

On the flip side of the coin, DJ might be understandably sensitive in view of the pong he get on this site.

Now yuh have ppl theorizing the woman gay just becz you couldn't expand.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 07:55:42 AM »
Allyson Hennessy funeral will take place at 10.30 am Friday at St Finbar’s RC Church, Morne Coco Road, Diego Martin.

Figure it woulda b Fri after Valley on Thu. D priest in St. Finbar's real busy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2011, 08:33:34 AM »

I'm guessing that some of the atendees knew both of them...imagine having to go to funerals two days in a row
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »

I'm guessing that some of the atendees knew both of them...imagine having to go to funerals two days in a row
nutten rong with that,once it eh your own.lol.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »

nutten rong with that,once it eh your own.lol.

:rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2011, 11:54:44 AM »
Condolences to a T&T media icon!

She will be greatly missed especially at the Savannah doing her commentary for Carnival! :-(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2011, 06:33:37 PM »
A series of events takes place this week leading up to the funeral of broadcaster Allyson Hennessy, who passed away last Saturday at age 63.
This evening, family, friends and fans of Hennessy will gather at the Carib Rugby Club, Emperor Valley Zoo Road in Port of Spain.  The gathering will move to her Restaurant, Veni Mange on Ariapita Avenue, tomorrow.

The National Carnival Band Association has also issued a statement expressing their gratitude to her contribution to the carnival art form over the years. They said that Mrs. Hennessy had been involved in the mas fraternity for a number of years as both a masquerader and a bandleader, enjoying every aspect of mas from jourvert morning, then despers Monday evening then onto minshall mas on carnival Tuesday.
The NCBA also said that most of the outstanding bandleaders of the present era owe an eternal debt of gratitude to Allyson for the recognition and exposure she provided for them.

Allyson Hennessy’s funeral is expected to take place at the St Finbar's RC Church in Diego Martin at 10.30 a.m. on Friday.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allyson Hennessy passes on
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011, 06:58:07 PM »

They always a day late and a dollar short

So doh wait until ah old and ah cyar see
Tuh say yuh have ah Trinity Cross fuh meh

Doh wait until ah old and ready tuh go
Tuh give meh ah ugly statue like Sparrow

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kv_mavxBrfk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kv_mavxBrfk</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »
So she died of sepsis... aka blood poisoning.  Curious.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »
LOL...I eh go lie...this sequence of postings and retorts real crack me up boy.....

Allyuh have me here skylarking 10:00 Monday morning. This place is the besssss....

Is not just you yes  :rotfl:

DJ, I and all was wondering what the hell you talking about. It really dat hard just to explain yuhself.

Just when I getting over you, you does come up with a next one.

On the flip side of the coin, DJ might be understandably sensitive in view of the pong he get on this site.

Now yuh have ppl theorizing the woman gay just becz you couldn't expand.

VB

I & all ketchin meh arse to figure out wha yuh writin too

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2011, 06:57:17 AM »
RIP Allyson, grow up watching community dateline.  sesame street was the only show I watched more.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2011, 01:51:32 PM »
RIP Allyson, grow up watching community dateline.  sesame street was the only show I watched more.

Very professionl and assured during live broadcasts.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2011, 06:59:51 PM »
Allyson Hennessy's Send-Off in pictures
http://www.triniview.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=549704

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:06 AM »
It was good to see all the local celebs came out to pay tribute for all she as done, esp to promote them as well.  Even Sancho and Stern showed support (pg 20) not to mention we boy Super Blue

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »
It was good to see all the local celebs came out to pay tribute for all she as done, esp to promote them as well.  Even Sancho and Stern showed support (pg 20) not to mention we boy Super Blue

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 01:39:17 PM »
wow...was this a state funeral?
Wishn there were names attached some of these faces were tantalizingly familiar.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 02:23:15 PM »
wow...was this a state funeral?
Wishn there were names attached some of these faces were tantalizingly familiar.

I would hope not.

Ah recognize Auntie Hazel, Neil Giuseppi, Minshall... her sister June... somebody who look like Beryl McBurnie... Giselle Laronde-West, Anil, some fella wid ah smart tie, Rowley... and Emmet of course.  Ah feel it fuh he boy, dat man is de picture of grief.

... ah also notice ah couple 'happy' looking fellas and one or two M.I.L.F's, but I ent know who dey is.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:37:53 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>