April 19, 2024, 09:24:10 PM

Author Topic: List your First 11 under Coach Pfister for the June 1st International Friendly  (Read 8882 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
                                    Phillips

Edwards                      Kenwyne Jones                    Samuel

Roberts

Birchall                                 

heres the first set, will fill in the missing positions as players are selected

yes im starting jones at centre back, he started his career in the back and we need a defensive line that will take us to that #3 spot in concacaf.

jones needs to swallow his pride and play for the best of the national team and not himself

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I eh think KJ playing center back. I think he might be a better player at that position, but I doubt he will move there.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T.Warner
JL.Samuel
Y.Marshall
J.James
C.Edwards
C.Samuel
K.Hyland
C.Birchall
H.Hector
J.Thompson
D.Jorsling

Bench and rest of squad: Phillips, Primus, Cyrus, Telesford, J.Jones, Tinto, Peltier, Spann, K.Daniel, Leon, Theobald, L.Paul, Guerra, Molino, Scotty, Kenwyne, D.Roberts, Baptiste

We should play 2 games in June at home and select at least a 23 man squad

yes TTFF enjoy my squad list.. fax it to the man now.. free of charge cuz we know you vultures reading it

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:40:22 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WHY U GUYS KEEP THINKING IT'S GOING TO BE THOSE PLAYERS GOING TO BE SELECTED

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
                                    Phillips

Edwards                      Kenwyne Jones                    Samuel

Roberts

Birchall                                 

heres the first set, will fill in the missing positions as players are selected

yes im starting jones at centre back, he started his career in the back and we need a defensive line that will take us to that #3 spot in concacaf.

jones needs to swallow his pride and play for the best of the national team and not himself

I don't want to rain on your parade, but this is international football. Because Kenwyne started his career as centre back how many years ago, doesn't mean he'll be an effective player there now. Kenwyne is no longer a CB, you don't just play as a centre forward all your professional life and then all of a sudden jump back to centre back. C'mon, there's no way any international manager of note will do something like that. Its a whole different positional sense playing at centre than it is as playing as a striker/centre forward or any other position.
What a good manager will be able to do, is to get the best out of Kenwyne and play to the streghts of our highest profile (not necessarily best) player within the team structure . I think if not for Kenwyne's off the field issues, he would have had a good season.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dang!!!! The vibes reach back!!!   :beermug:

:nailbiting:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wazza that back 5 looking strong. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DYLAN
DYLAN
.DYLAN
DYLAN
BIGGY SMALLS
C.Edwards
C.Samuel
K.Hyland
C.Birchall
TUPAC SHAKUR
.DYLAN

Bench and rest of squad: Phillips, Primus, Cyrus, Telesford, J.Jones, Tinto, Peltier, Spann, K.Daniel, Leon, Theobald, L.Paul, Guerra, Molino, Scotty, Kenwyne, D.Roberts, Baptiste

yes TTFF enjoy my squad list.. fax it to the man now.. free of charge cuz we know you vultures reading it

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:19:26 PM by fatimarima »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Troy Marquis
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
I don't want to rain on your parade, but this is international football. Because Kenwyne started his career as centre back how many years ago, doesn't mean he'll be an effective player there now. Kenwyne is no longer a CB, you don't just play as a centre forward all your professional life and then all of a sudden jump back to centre back. C'mon, there's no way any international manager of note will do something like that. Its a whole different positional sense playing at centre than it is as playing as a striker/centre forward or any other position.
What a good manager will be able to do, is to get the best out of Kenwyne and play to the streghts of our highest profile (not necessarily best) player within the team structure . I think if not for Kenwyne's off the field issues, he would have had a good season.

If I were the coach I wouldn't do it. But although I aree with you (on the KJ situation), I will be devil's advocate and mention that I don't think I agree with you (in principle). Look no further than Yorke for an example. After years of being a forward he transitioned to a holding mid which, without the benefit of hindsight, is probably more odd than KJ playing center back. Yorke wasn't the greatest in the world at it but he held his own at a high level.

Another example that comes to mind would be Kolo Toure who was mainly a right mid for the early part of his career and Wenger converted him to a CB. And it must have a few others as well who were able to make non-obvious position switches.

But as I said, I just being devil's advocate. Whether KJ could function as that kind of utility player at this point is a gamble I wouldn't take. Unless the best alternative is Makan Hislop  :devil:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:27:45 PM by dwn »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DYLAN
DYLAN
.DYLAN
DYLAN
BIGGY SMALLS
C.Edwards
C.Samuel
K.Hyland
C.Birchall
TUPAC SHAKUR
.DYLAN

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN

yuh make me feel to watch a lil chappelle there boyo

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How nobody picking Primus .
what about Blatuea or what ever his name is ,is he still playing well.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
who is Troy Marquis??

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
who is dylan? Santana brother!!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6bCcteNFHY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/q6bCcteNFHY</a>

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6bCcteNFHY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/q6bCcteNFHY</a>

haaa haaaa, Yes, I know you woulda catch on to the DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN...LOL

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

If I were the coach I wouldn't do it. But although I aree with you (on the KJ situation), I will be devil's advocate and mention that I don't think I agree with you (in principle). Look no further than Yorke for an example. After years of being a forward he transitioned to a holding mid which, without the benefit of hindsight, is probably more odd than KJ playing center back. Yorke wasn't the greatest in the world at it but he held his own at a high level.

Another example that comes to mind would be Kolo Toure who was mainly a right mid for the early part of his career and Wenger converted him to a CB. And it must have a few others as well who were able to make non-obvious position switches.

But as I said, I just being devil's advocate. Whether KJ could function as that kind of utility player at this point is a gamble I wouldn't take. Unless the best alternative is Makan Hislop  :devil:

yorke also came to mind when i slotted KJ in that position. its a gamble, but a gamble worth taking, KJ didn't do jack all in the forward position in intl football for T&T.

hes good in the ear and can become the cb we need to lock down the back line. however i agree with jayerson, its hard to see him placed there after so long but then you have to ask yourself the question.

what is best for T&T?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Phillips
Samuel
Jones
Primus
Edwards
Samuel
Birchall
Roberts
Hyland
Thompson
Jorsling

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:08:13 PM by Controversial »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DYLAN
DYLAN
.DYLAN
DYLAN
BIGGY SMALLS
C.Edwards
C.Samuel
K.Hyland
C.Birchall
TUPAC SHAKUR
.DYLAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxQSDfOth4A&feature=related
full episode dey......making the band.......we should have a making the team reality show

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile

yorke also came to mind when i slotted KJ in that position. its a gamble, but a gamble worth taking, KJ didn't do jack all in the forward position in intl football for T&T.

hes good in the ear and can become the cb we need to lock down the back line. however i agree with jayerson, its hard to see him placed there after so long but then you have to ask yourself the question.

what is best for T&T?

No way a man who playing professional football as a centre forward coming to play a CB position. His manager will never agree to that......and yes his manager. KJ is an investment for Stoke. They will never agree to that "main" hit man as an International defender.

Yorke realised his pace was off and realised he would be more effective in the middle. KY still at the "top" of his game.

Like u aint see Terry ketch he backside trying to mark KY in the Stoke v Chelsea game.

KJ as CB...........not in this campaign

Nice back line Wazza......take Theobald of the bench and off the sheet entirely......move birchall from CM unless he sitting on top the back 4. Peltier for J. Thompson.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:14:37 AM by Cowen »
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
                                  Phillips

Carlos    J James    Primus      Jl. Samuel

Thompson   Birchall   Hyland      Jagdeosingh

Keon Daniel

Kenwayne Jones

Subs. Peltier, Tinto, Daryll roberts, Bateau, T. Warner, Jorsling, Juma clarance, Yohance Marshall, Guerra
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
You cant be serious about playing Jones as a CB.

So u want to take a "proven" premier league striker and play him as a CB because he used to play CB as a U17 and he could jump high?  What about positional play?

So if John Terry injured, Capello should play Peter Crouch in de back? Cause he cud jump high too? Ent? lol

Gino, this is de most amount a nonsense i ever hear.........lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I was pleasantly surprised when Dwight went back to play a defensive mid in 2006. But Dwight was at the end of his career and was unattached to any team.  Another person who did a similar thing was John Barnes. It can happen with KJ, but not at this point in his career. Like Cowen says, he manager will kick hell. To behonest I don't think KJ position is that secured at Stoke.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:42:50 PM by Deeks »

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
I noticed that most people here are sticking with a 1-4-5-1 formation. Given the attacking mentality that this side has long been missing, I feel that a 1-4-3-3 may be better suited for our team based on some of the players mentioned here.

GK

Edwards                James                Cyrus                    JL Samuel

Birchall

Hyland                        K. Daniel

Roberts                             Jones                                    Scottland

Bench: Jorsling; Baptise; Glenn; C. Samuel; Tinto; Thompson; Primus; Marshall; Guerra; Peltier; GK; GK (Don't really know which keeper would earn the starting spot or how deep the pool is for that position)
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wow all de coaches, prognosticators and fools coming out ...Pfister hasn't had a damn practice yet...farless from appoint an assistant coach....allyuh too damn happy oui
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:12:39 AM by MEP »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wow all de coaches, prognosticators and fools coming out ...Pfister hasn't had a damn practice yet...farless from appoint and assistant coach....allyuh too damn happy oui

you forgot to put your starting eleven! ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DYLAN
DYLAN
.DYLAN
DYLAN
BIGGY SMALLS
C.Edwards
C.Samuel
K.Hyland
C.Birchall
TUPAC SHAKUR
.DYLAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxQSDfOth4A&feature=related
full episode dey......making the band.......we should have a making the team reality show

Oh gosh yes, dat brought back some memories, we well stray off topic wid this one :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Madness is gladness  :devil: Allyuh hear a piece ah sweet talk and done spreading yuh legs before a drink even pass.

If Uncle Pfister could motivate a football side like he massaging some of allyuh head then we not only going Brazil, we going to beat Brazil :).
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I understand that KJ was not even a natural CB at U-17.  I think I remember reading that he played at that position because according to him he was willing to play anywhere just to make the team....He was always an attacking player by nature...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
yea because for St Anthony's College he was a forward is only the U17 team he played defense and he played RB not CB

1]; } ?>