June 13, 2024, 11:05:11 AM

Author Topic: Preacher..Pecan..here is one for allyuh!  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Preacher..Pecan..here is one for allyuh!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »
As an Intern meh wife was participating in a surgery when de fella kick de bucket. They were filming the procedure, at the precise moment the man died a visible blue flash was seen above the man... freaky but I heard it was not uncommon. Take if for what it is...

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:13:42 PM »
That happens very often, no one reports that there was nothing on the other side.   ;D Even Voltaire started cussing and saying that demons we coming to take him. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »
is a pitty them thing doh happen more often, he must be rel special  (but i know we are all specail in the eyes of the lord  :angel: ) so ive read  ;D

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:13:11 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:29:24 PM »
D.H. !!!!!!   ;D  Was the scene?  Like football about to start back.  The vibes coming back.  TC we'll be back on the football page soon.   ;D   I hope we could raise from the dead.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 10:44:52 PM »
Has anyone ever seen the movie, "hereafter" My wife was saying that it is common for people who are about to die see a light (hence the term "I see the light") and they can see themselves hovering over their bodies for a few seconds. At first I called bullshyte on it but we were at the movies with a few doctors who all said that they had similar incidents, where patients died (for a short while/clinically dead) and came back to life.

I have travelled extensively through out the world and I have to admit, though not religious I somewhat believe that all things had to come from somewhere. Life is too complex to be random. Like when you break a bone. An enzyme is secreted to polish the ends of the break so that the bone can have a working surface to grow on. How does your body know to do that the very instance that your bone breaks...?

P.S. I'm not a medical guy so if something are off, doh slam meh... when meh wife torking she metsin thing ah does juss smile and nod....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 06:40:12 AM »
I would like to share with you all this book that I read by Betty J Eadie

It is called Embraced by the light....it recounts her near death experience, her brief journey through the dark tunnel, her time in heaven and her return to earth. It is a very interesting and enlightening read and I encourage all of you to pick up a copy...its about TT$ 45-55 in most book stores.

SYNOPSIS:

Adding to such accounts as George Ritchie's Return From Tomorrow and Dr. Raymond A. Moody's Life After Life, Betty Eadie's experience offers astonishing proof of a life after physical death. She saw more, perhaps, than any other person has seen of the afterlife, and she came back with an almost photographic view.
Betty was given a message to share with others that has filled millions with hope and a renewed desire to love. Embraced By The Light recounts the people she met, the truths she learned, and the magnificent realitites of the spirit world.

The book begins with Betty's descent after surgery into death. Her spirit leaves her body and travels toward a brilliant light. She finds Jesus there waiting to greet her. He sends her on a journey to learn about the spiritual laws that govern us in life--laws that are eternal, laws that if followed, bring God's peace and joy and love into our lives.

In today's world of violence and uncertainty, the message of Embraced By The Light comforts troubled hearts. It reflects everyone's hope for wholeness, for happiness, for abundance in God's love which transforms every sorrow into joy.

FOREWORD
by Melvin Morse, M.D.    

I learned more about near-death experiences from reading Embraced By The Light than from any other experience in my life, including ten years of studying near-death experiences and interviewing children and adults who have survived clinical death. Embraced By The Light is not just Betty Eadie's story of dying during surgery and coming back to life; it is actually a journey into the meaning of this life. I remember a young boy who said to his parents after surviving cardiac arrest: "I have a wonderful secret to tell you—I have been climbing a staircase to heaven." That young man was too young to explain what he meant. This book contains that same wonderful secret. It is not a secret about life after death; it is a secret about life.

A near-death experience is in fact the dying experience. We will all have one when we die—rich or poor, murderer or saint. I used to think that when we die, we simply enter into darkness and end our lives. As a critical care physician I had seen many children and adults die and never had any reason to think otherwise. It was only after I took the time to ask those who survived clinical death what the experience was like did I learn that the process of dying is often joyous and spiritual. Darkness does not await us at the end of life, but rather a living light—a light, one child said, that "has a lot of good things in it."

Near-death experiences are not caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain, or drugs, or psychological stresses evoked by the fear of dying. Almost twenty years of scientific research has documented that these experiences are a natural and normal process. We have even documented an area in the brain which allows us to have the experience. That means that near-death experiences are absolutely real and not hallucinations of the mind. They are as real as any other human capability; they are as real as math, as real as language.

It has only been eight years since my research group at the University of Washington and Seattle Children's Hospital published this information in the American Medical Association's Pediatric journals. Although this research has been replicated by researchers throughout the world, including by the University of Florida, Boston Children's Hospital, and by the University of Ultrech in the Netherlands, it is not yet widely understood by the general population. Unfortunately, our society has not yet accepted the scientific advances in understanding the dying process which have occurred in the past two decades. We desperately need to reeducate ourselves that we are spiritual beings as well as biological machines. So many of our society's problems, including the crisis in health care, death with dignity, the cult of greed which has bankrupted our economy, the national shame of homeless women and children, all stem from a lack of understanding that we are spiritual beings who are mutually dependent upon each other.

Embraced By The Light teaches us that our own individual lives are important and filled with meaning. I am struck again and again that those who have entered into God's light at the end of life return with a simple and beautiful message: "Love is supreme . . . . Love must govern. . . . We create our own surroundings by the thoughts we think . . . We are sent here to life fully, to live it abundantly, to find joy in our own creations, to experience both failure and success, to use free will to expand and magnify our lives." Betty does not return from clinical death with grandiose claims of establishing a new church or of producing miracle cures for diseases, but rather with a simple message of love. The meaning of the near-death experience is one that we all know is true, but one that we have forgotten: "We are to love one another. We are to be kind, to be
tolerant, to give generous service."

This book is really a textbook of the near-death experience written as a simple and wonderful story that we can all understand. I have never had a near-death experience, of even a spiritual experience that I can identify, and I was somewhat skeptical of what many people were sharing with me. Certainly the hardest part for the skeptic who wants to understand is comprehending what it is like to be out of the physical body or how death can be a pleasant experience. Betty Eadie's book illustrates the stages of the experience with superb writing that bridges this gap; she makes the unknowable comprehensible.
As she started to die, she felt her body become weaker and weaker. Then "I felt a surge of energy, a pop or release inside me. My first impression was that I was free. There was nothing unnatural about the experience." She then met guardian spirits who helped her to understand important things about her life and then top comprehend her relationship with her family. They assisted her in her transition into death. She entered into darkness and traveled in a dark tunnel. I thought this must be where the valley of the shadow of death is, " she says. "I had never felt greater tranquillity in my life."

Her experience answers questions that people have had for me for years about near-death experiences—questions I have never been able to answer. She describes her life review on the other side and how she was not judged by others, but rather by herself. She explains the meaning and causes of some negative near-death experiences and why some people are deeply troubled by their experience. She explains why life is often difficult and why bad things often happen to good people. She explains why people who have died are often reluctant to return to the body. "The body's cumbersome weight and coldness were abhorrent," she says. "After the joy of spiritual freedom, I had become a prisoner of the flesh again."

Betty not only had a near-death experience as an adult, but she was prepared for it by having a near-death experience as a child. Children have simple and pure near-death experiences, untroubled by religious or cultural expectations. They do not suppress the experience as adults often do and have no trouble accepting the spiritual implication of seeing God. I will never forget a five year old girl who shyly told me: "I talked to Jesus and he was nice. He told me that it wasn't my time to die." Children remember their near-death experiences far more often than adults do, and as a result of their experiences they seem to have an easier time accepting and understanding their own spirituality as adults. If they have another near-death experience as an adult, it is usually exceptionally powerful and complete.
Betty Eadie reminds us that the importance of near-death experiences is what they teach us about living. It has only been in the past few hundred years that we have decided that there is no spirit in man—and therefore no life after death. This has led directly to an unnatural fear of dying which permeates our lives and prevents us from living life to its fullest. Betty teaches us that the knowledge that dying is spiritual leads not to a desire to die, but rather to a desire to life more completely. "Now I knew that there actually was a God," she says. "No longer did I believe in just a Universal Power . . . . I saw a loving being who created the universe . . . . "

One little girl told me that when she died, she learned "I had a new life." She told me that although she had heard about heaven in Sunday School, she really didn't believe it. After she died and came back to life, she felt, "I am not afraid to die anymore, because I kind of know a little more about it now." She did not want to die again, but rather, she learned that "life is for living and light is for later." I asked her how she was different because of her experience, and she paused for along time and said: "It's nice to be nice."

Embraced By The Light teaches us the same lesson: "If we are kind, we will have joy." Betty asked Jesus, "Why didn't I know this before?" And she was told, "Before you can feel joy, you must know sorrow." This simple statement has changed the way I understand life. It is something that I did know "before"; in fact, I had heard it all my life. I realize, after reading Betty's book, that my own life has been changed by it, that I need to reconnect with simple truths that I have always known but have ignored.

As a Native American Indian, Betty attended a boarding school as a child. In front of the school was a large sign which said: "Where there is no vision, the people perish." Our society has lost understanding of its spiritual beliefs and visions. This has directly led to the ghoulish mess we have made of dying, where patients die hidden away in hospitals in the cold company of machines, not in the company of relatives and friends. We have forgotten how to die, as it is no longer a part of our ordinary lives. Joseph Campbell, the great mythologist, stated that many of our modern problems, from drug addiction to the violence in our inner cities come directly from our collective lack of spiritual vision. We have forgotten that our ordinary lives are spiritually important.

There is a great secret contained in Embraced By The Light. It is a secret that you already know. It is something that the great prophets and spiritual leaders have tried to tell us for thousands of years. Betty Eadie learned it by nearly dying. It has power to change your life.

About MELVIN MORSE, M.D.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 06:48:24 AM »
Here is a small sample of the book...

A brief retelling Click Here

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »
Thank you so much for posting Trinity Cross.

The Eternal Creator is real and the devil is a liar.

This just strengthens my faith even more.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 08:39:36 PM »
Thank you so much for posting Trinity Cross.

The Eternal Creator is real and the devil is a liar.

This just strengthens my faith even more.

AMEN BROTHER!
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »
Touches thanks for the post on the book. 

Ey TC look how God is using you to post this and give people hope.   ;D

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »
Touches thanks for the post on the book. 

Ey TC look how God is using you to post this and give people hope.   ;D

kinda a reminds me of this joke (the answers are in plain view but we dont always see it)

It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. "Climb in!" shouted a man in the boat. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. "Heavenly Father," he said, "I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?" God gave him a puzzled look, and replied "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »
No mythical being can use me.   sorry to disappoint yuh Preacher.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »

Having said that, yuh come with a real good post though...... :beermug:

JC and all can't help but like this one..... ;)
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
With all that said: Churches here in America are like ponzi schemes, you invest your money (tithes and offerings) for returns... while pastors live like movie stars...

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »

:rotfl:  Trinity!!!! 

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 11:51:48 AM »

1]; } ?>