March 28, 2024, 03:22:36 AM

Author Topic: Pfister picks Corneal, Charles as his assistants.  (Read 6795 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister picks Corneal, Charles as his assistants.
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:55 AM »
I'm excited. It seems as though the coach made the choices and he's in charge. What more allyuh want?

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 10:22:55 AM »
yea as they said pfister interviewed the local coaches and thats who he came up with so lets wait and see if his choices are accurate

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 10:25:23 AM »
I'm excited. It seems as though the coach made the choices and he's in charge. What more allyuh want?
My sentiments exactly,sometimes ah reall dont know how we can please people,I am certain that the men Pfister pick will improve under his guidance,all the same they have experience whereas Latapy didn't have.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 10:41:24 AM »
Look on the bright side with Anton as assistant- Daryl Roberts will get a call up. Anton has the gift of the gab
 and It is a Maple Mafia with lookloy . Lincoln- Vidale- Sedley and Alvin- Same ole- Same-ole.
 Let us hope Pfister is his own man a la Bennie

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 10:50:35 AM »
Jefferson George Jefferson George Jefferson George Jefferson.....

Well at least we moving on uppppp....we'll finally get our piece of the pie !
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 11:06:22 AM »
Jefferson George Jefferson George Jefferson George Jefferson.....

Well at least we moving on uppppp....we'll finally get our piece of the pie !

lolol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: cause if ah doh laff ah go cry

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 11:25:11 AM »
Meh boy Jefferson is GK coach  ???  This coaching thing in T&T is rel fren thing boy. Like is ah certain group that work together. If one ah de group eh get selected then none eh getting selected.  :-\

Jeff has been around the national set-up for a while.  Then, he was mysteriously replaced from the U20s, I believe.  He was the top graduate from one of the recently concluded Dutch FA courses, and was supposed to go to Holland to further his coaching studies.  I know him personallyy (we share the lineage of being P. Town goalkeepers ;D), and he is developing into a very good coach.  All the best to him.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »
damn this asshole again.....people there was a guy who used to play for Dallas FC...then after his playing day's...he became assistant for that same team what about him...why cornmeal you mean to tell me their is know one around the world they could used as an assistant who is T&T born beside the two they choose

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
I jes realize why Corneal was hired...dey need ah translator for Otto

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »
damn this asshole again.....people there was a guy who used to play for Dallas FC...then after his playing day's...he became assistant for that same team what about him...why cornmeal you mean to tell me their is know one around the world they could used as an assistant who is T&T born beside the two they choose
Brian Haynes ...and a list of many others, but all of them are true professionals who not willing to sleep with the enemy just for a position!!!!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 06:07:28 PM »
let's give it chance n see
we have Pfister who is proven to some extent

and Corneal and Charles can learn and continue their growth as coaches.
I know of George...was a good keeper in his time
Porbably got the qualifications and i think he worked with T&TEC this yr in the super league....
if that is true...i know for a fact their GK won the OVERALL MVP of the entire league.
quite an accomplishment for a GK.

A foreign GK coach might have been a next set of $$ which might buss their pockets even further
Our local coaches need exposure and they been doing the courses, going foreign clubs etc....
so y must we run down foreign for everything???
If Pfister not impressed with them assts. or keeper coaches he might jus ask for a replacement....
give it chance ppls...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »
Congrats to Barber and George, dont know much about George but Barber is pure quality as a person.

Expected Anton to be in de mix.... He has his ways but who more experienced or qualified.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »
Is either one or two things went on.

Jack say Latapy have the job as assistant but is not up to him is up to the coach if he want to hire him

Then the coach say he do interview for the job and what do you know...Anton in, Latapy out

Is either Pfister making he own decisions and is he own man OR Jack really didn't want Latapy and tell Pfister to hire Anton instead.

Ah have ah feeling Latapy get played

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 08:56:53 PM »
How many foreign coaches has Anton worked with....what has been his learning curve? has he translated anything he has supposedly learned into success??? waste ah fackin time

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »
Guys, honestly, who allyuh think made the final decision??? donald trump?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
Beenie handled corneal so i hope pfister can do the same.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2011, 06:54:33 AM »
Did anybody read this ????

Soca Warriors manager waiting.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

David Muhammad is awaiting a phone call to find out whether he is still manager of the Trinidad & Tobago senior national team.

"I have no clue," Muhammad said yesterday when asked if he was still the Soca Warriors manager.

"We thought that when the appointment of Otto Pfister as head coach took place on April 5, the technical staff would have been announced also. But that was not done. The Federation (TTFF) haven't been telling us anything. We are all still awaiting word."

Muhammad confessed to wanting to retain his position of national team manager, stating that in the past few years he had gone above and beyond what was required of him.

Among other things, the technical staff had continued to function despite being unpaid for the last 13 matches.

"We still have not been paid," Muhammad said when questioned. "We went to at least four countries without a cent to travel."

Due to communication problems within the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, Muhammad said recently he had to undertake additional responsibility of arranging friendly internationals.

"It must be the first time a manager took on the responsibility to arrange matches," Muhammad said. "After showing that kind of commitment, I would think that I would have a clear case to be retained."

Efforts to contact former T&T head coach Russell Latapy to determine his current standing with the team proved futile.

Latapy has been replaced as head coach by Pfister. But, at a recent press conference, FIFA vice-president Jack Warner admitted that the ex-Trinidad and Tobago captain was offered, and accepted, the position of assistant coach.

However, a media report yesterday states that coaches Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles have been made Pfister's assistants.

Corneal had been assistant to former T&T head coach, Dutchman Wim Rijsbergen, while Charles was assistant to national Under-20 coach, Serbian Zoran Vrazes.

Contacted yesterday, TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes said no official position had been taken as to who Pfister's assistants would be.

However, other TTFF sources confirmed that a selection committee had recommend Corneal and Charles to be Pfister's assistant coaches and that it was a formality that the recommendations would be made official.

"I was interviewed for the assistant coach position, but I have received no official word," said Corneal yesterday.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2011, 08:15:23 AM »
However, other TTFF sources confirmed that a selection committee had recommend Corneal and Charles to be Pfister's assistant coaches and that it was a formality that the recommendations would be made official.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »
Germans know anything about...BLIGHT...JINX...BUSHBATH NEEDED..If Anton international coaching track record is not an eye opener... at 73 you will make poor judgement as everything starts slowing down big time!! Gosh...man how many chances should one individual get!!!

Pfister should know that an assistant can be of great help to a coach but somehow Pfister choice of Anton will be the opposite!!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »

David Muhammad is awaiting a phone call to find out whether he is still manager of the Trinidad & Tobago senior national team.

"I have no clue," Muhammad said yesterday when asked if he was still the Soca Warriors manager.

"We thought that when the appointment of Otto Pfister as head coach took place on April 5, the technical staff would have been announced also. But that was not done. The Federation (TTFF) haven't been telling us anything. We are all still awaiting word."

Muhammad confessed to wanting to retain his position of national team manager, stating that in the past few years he had gone above and beyond what was required of him.

Among other things, the technical staff had continued to function despite being unpaid for the last 13 matches.

"We still have not been paid," Muhammad said when questioned. "We went to at least four countries without a cent to travel."

Due to communication problems within the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, Muhammad said recently he had to undertake additional responsibility of arranging friendly internationals.

"It must be the first time a manager took on the responsibility to arrange matches," Muhammad said. "After showing that kind of commitment, I would think that I would have a clear case to be retained."

Efforts to contact former T&T head coach Russell Latapy to determine his current standing with the team proved futile.

Latapy has been replaced as head coach by Pfister. But, at a recent press conference, FIFA vice-president Jack Warner admitted that the ex-Trinidad and Tobago captain was offered, and accepted, the position of assistant coach.

However, a media report yesterday states that coaches Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles have been made Pfister's assistants.

Corneal had been assistant to former T&T head coach, Dutchman Wim Rijsbergen, while Charles was assistant to national Under-20 coach, Serbian Zoran Vrazes.

Contacted yesterday, TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes said no official position had been taken as to who Pfister's assistants would be.

"I was interviewed for the assistant coach position, but I have received no official word," said Corneal yesterday.

Why am I not surprised. I didn't think Pfister made those choices.

On another note why would Muhammad think all of the technical staff would be set up.  Man just get hired, he have assistants he ent know, will have a technical staff ready made for him (all whom he ent know either) and then none ah the players he know, he never coach in CONCACAF,

Real Mickey mouse show

But then again this is how we does do it and Muhammad ent need to complain about not finding out his position yet as he is the king of late information. He does want to sent plane ticket today fuh ah yesterday flight

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »

The highlighted bit of that post is why I won't allow myself to get excited about Pfister's appointment. Is the same thing that happened to both 'Mats' and 'Latas' our two previous coaches, they both weren’t fully in charge and calling all the shots and this could easily happen to Pfister if he falls for all the TTFF's suggestions about players and technical staff he should work with!
On top of all of this I am still waiting for our 2006 World Cup Soca Warriors to receive the money that was promised to them preceded by proper accounts from the 2006 World Cup campaign being produced by the TTFF!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>