March 28, 2024, 02:34:57 AM

Author Topic: 2011 NBA Finals Thread  (Read 24023 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 NBA Finals Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2011, 08:31:01 PM »
This is PROFESSIONAL sports, not college, amatuer or High School, PROFESSIONAL. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is who won the championship > results.

In one fell swoop you have belittled every single team's contribution besides the champions.
Classy!

Let's all hold hands and skip down the Yellow brick road. SMH

As much as LBJ did not belittle us poor folk or non superstar folks.

He belittled you and your cronies because allyuh pourin hate on him, what is your reason for belittling all the other teams?
I know you didn't mean to, but is just the hate for Lebron that causin you to talk foolishness.
Carry on.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
Your championship Mavs want their rings, Mark Cuban
By Kelly Dwyer

In an interview with NBA TV soon after the Dallas Mavericks earned their first NBA title on Sunday night, team owner Mark Cuban jokingly dismissed the idea of giving his team championship rings as a reward. Probably because he was bored. Most likely because he's Mark Cuban, and he just likes saying things like that -- pointing out that rings were "old school" and mentioning that he'd try to come up with some new sort of reward for Dallas' 8 1/2-month trek.

And, because NBA players kind of like championship rings, this isn't going over well with Maverick players. Jason Terry(notes) says Cuban talked about "a five-finger ring" and Cuban reportedly talked to his employees and players about a bracelet. Jokingly, of course, but … seriously, boss, give us a ring. It's been a long year, Cubes.

From the AP:

"We've got to talk to him about that," said Dirk Nowitzki(notes), the finals MVP. "I don't think the last word has been spoken yet. We know he always wants to do something different, something bigger. But the ring is just so classic. I think I would vote for a ring. I mean, I'm a man. I don't know how I'd feel about a bracelet."

I know how I'd feel about a bracelet. You have to take it off when you wash dishes, write at a laptop, or bathe your cats. And I've got a lot of cats to bathe. Not a euphemism.

Donnie Nelson, the longtime Maverick personnel chief, wants to help Dirk out:

"I'll pay for [the rings]," he said. "Now, they might have to be plastic."

Jason Kidd(notes), the 17-year NBA vet, probably countered Cuban's "argument" best when he pointed out that he wants a ring because he's "old-fashioned," but as has been the case for all of 2010-11, Dallas coach Rick Carlisle had the best take:

"I don't know what he's thinking," Carlisle said, laughing. "You win an NBA championship, you've got to have a ring."

Well, you don't have to have one, because they're cumbersome and hard to wear and they look a little showy. But you've certainly earned one. And you've definitely earned the right, Dallas, to pass on a championship bracelet, some sort of jewel-encrusted set of brass knuckles, or your own personalized championship yacht.

Actually, that last one doesn't sound half bad. OK, a yacht and a ring it is, rich guy.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2011, 07:53:38 PM »
Kenwyne do even worse than LeBron... "The Decision" doesn't even compare to refusing to put on yuh uniform and go out and represent the club, as Kenwyne did in forcing a transfer from Southampton.  Leh we eh even bother going into what happen in Nashville 3 years ago, or get into the fact that some of the same people who was defending KJ in here now cussing LJ.

yeah i leaving that alone because i eh able with argue with men who defending kj and cussing lj.  logic is ah commonly use ting on dis site.

1]; } ?>