March 28, 2024, 10:16:52 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread  (Read 37776 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread
« on: April 14, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »
Top storylines of 2011 NBA playoffs

Kobe Bryant and the defending champion Lakers take on the Hornets first. (AP)

After a crazy end to the season in which all 30 teams played on the final night to solidify the Western Conference standings, the 2010-11 regular season is complete. The second season — some call it the postseason – begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, and as usual, a bevy of storylines will keep us entertained all the way to early June. Here are the top things to watch for in the playoffs:

Can the defending conference champs flip the switch?

Switch-flipping is a dicey thing, historically, but the Lakers and Celtics have the pedigree that suggests they can do it. Boston finished last season 27-27 before shocking even their own fans by plowing through the East and coming within a few minutes of the franchise’s 18th title. The Celtics went only 10-11 in their last 21 games this season, and though the decision to trade Kendrick Perkins to the Thunder is the easy target here, the real culprit is the team’s offense, which finished just 19th in points per possessions.

Rajon Rondo is barely shooting 40 percent since the start of March, Glen Davis’ jumper has deserted him and the Celtics generally looked helpless against elite Miami and Chicago defenses in games this month. This hasn’t been a good offensive team in two years, but it will have to be better for Boston to seriously contend.

And the Lakers? They lost five of their last seven games and nearly blew their season finale — and the second seed — in Sacramento on Wednesday. But they stumbled late last season, too, and their 17-1 run after this season’s All-Star break is a better indicator of how good this team can be — as long as Andrew Bynum’s bone bruise isn’t a lingering injury.

PREVIEWS: Lakers vs. Hornets | Celtics vs. Knicks

Are the Bulls legit? And how will they tighten their rotation?

Chicago finished with the best record, the second-best point margin and an allegedly “weak link” offense that crept to the edge of the top 10 in points per possession by the end of the season. The Bulls will need that offense to continue to improve because they will likely have to go through three of the league’s top 12 defenses just to make the Finals.

One thing to monitor: The Bulls have gone 10 deep all season, and that’s a larger rotation than most coaches prefer in the postseason. Coach Tom Thibodeau can’t lean much harder on Derrick Rose or Luol Deng, but it will be interesting to see how he divvies up minutes among guys like Keith Bogans, Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver, Taj Gibson and Omer Asik. All have been crucial parts of Chicago’s rise, and all bring a mix of elite niche skills (Korver’s shooting, Brewer’s defense and cutting) and limitations. Thibodeau has decisions to make, and matchups will be paramount in those decisions.

PREVIEW: Bulls vs. Pacers

• Supporting casts for those 2012 free agents you’ve heard about.

It’s a reality, even if it’s an uncomfortable one: Dwight Howard and Chris Paul could be free agents one year from now, and if their current clubs want to keep them (duh), it would be very helpful if the supporting casts in Orlando and New Orleans performed under postseason pressure.

This is especially crucial in Orlando, a title contender for two straight years that has taken a step back this season just as  its GM, Otis Smith, locked it into Hedo Turkoglu and Gilbert Arenas for the long term. Turkoglu is one of many Magic players whose performance has been up-and-down this season. Arenas has been a disaster; he’s shooting 34 percent overall in Orlando, including just 27.5 percent on an inexcusable 3.7 three-point attempts per game. Jameer Nelson’s occasional All-Star-level play only serves to tantalize; Jason Richardson hasn’t fit in quite as smoothly as the Magic hoped; and there is a lot of pressure now on the Ryan Anderson/Brandon Bass power forward combination to play huge playoff minutes.

The situation is less serious in New Orleans, which has no shot against the Lakers even if Emeka Okafor starts playing like Howard Lite. This team defends like mad, but the roster beyond Paul will have to hit shots for this series to be competitive. That has been the challenge all season, particularly for the Hornets’ committee of shooting guards and for Trevor Ariza, a key building block suffering a miserable shooting season. Paul would surely like to see progress.

PREVIEW: Magic vs. Hawks

• Are the Heat ready for this?

If you’ve watched Miami carefully, you know two things:

1) Its offense has steadily evolved into a force. It’s not a finished product, and the team has struggled in the clutch, but progress is there in the form of Dwyane Wade/LeBron James pick-and-rolls, LeBron’s improved post-up work and a host of sets that involve the three stars working with each other instead of in isolation. The Heat must stay committed to that kind of movement to score against teams like Boston, Chicago and Orlando, particularly because James and Wade are not elite jump shooters.

2) This is an elite defense capable of thwarting any offense. That should sustain.

The uncertainty here surrounds Miami’s depth, and not just at the center and point guard positions, which have been shaky all season. Mike Miller has never been 100 percent, and if he can’t play his unique all-around game in the postseason, Miami’s lineup versatility and potent small lineups take a major hit. The Heat may not need any one of their big men other than Chris Bosh to play consistently for two months, but they will need consistent production from that group as a whole to win the title.

PREVIEW: Heat vs. Sixers

Size in San Antonio

The Spurs may have to go through Memphis, Oklahoma City and the Lakers, all teams that have imposing front lines capable of hurting you on both ends. That’s notable, because this version of the Spurs has thrived on smaller lineups and three-point shooting, and it has not been able to get consistent production from a legit big man other than Tim Duncan. DeJuan Blair opened the season as a starter, but he’s undersized and has since been used off the bench. Antonio McDyess is starting now, but he’s almost 37 and averaged only 19 minutes this season. Tiago Splitter never emerged as a consistent rotation threat, though he could be a Gregg Popovich secret weapon in the playoffs.

That has left Matt Bonner to log a lot of minutes at power forward. His three-point shooting has fit beautifully with what this roster is built to do: spread the floor, run pick-and-rolls with Duncan, cut and screen everywhere, and rain triples.

Will that be enough against the West’s behemoths? Or will Popovich adjust his minutes distribution to get more size on the floor?

PREVIEW: Spurs vs. Grizzlies

With scoring champion Kevin Durant and a revamped front line, the Thunder now look to be championship material. (Garrett W. Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images)

• The Thunder’s rise

The narrative suggests that the Thunder should be happy to win a playoff series, lose to San Antonio and come back in 2012 to take the next step in their development. But their play since acquiring Perkins suggests that they might be ready to contend for a title now. They whipped Denver (their first-round opponent) in back-to-back games earlier this month, and they’ve been playing elite defense since Perkins replaced Jeff Green in the starting lineup. Do not be shocked if they are playing in June.

PREVIEW: Thunder vs. Nuggets

• The most intriguing first-round series: Dirk’s last ride vs. Portland’s first-round jinx

To call this Dirk Nowitzki’s ”last ride” is obviously dramatic, but the future of this Mavericks team is uncertain. Jason Kidd is 38 and will be a free agent after next season along with Jason Terry. Tyson Chandler, the anchor of Dallas’ semi-revived defense, is a free agent after this season and plays the same position as Brendan Haywood, to whom Dallas has already committed more than $50 million. Caron Butler will be a free agent, Roddy Beaubois’ development has hit a snag, Shawn Marion is declining and Corey Brewer is at the edge of Rick Carlisle’s rotation.

In other words: This team badly needs a playoff run now, especially after going out in the first round in three of the last four seasons.

There may not be a more puzzling team in the league. At one point, Dallas was 43-9 with Nowitzki in the lineup, and it flattened just about every elite team it came across. Then Nowitzki got hurt, the Mavs’ defense fell off a bit and they lost nine straight games to Western Conference playoff teams before beating the Hornets in the season finale. Dallas has to recapture its early-season form in order to do any damage.

Two of those nine consecutive losses came against the Blazers, a team that hasn’t won a playoff series since 2000. Things have somehow come together after two devastating injuries (to Greg Oden and Brandon Roy) and one major trade (for Gerald Wallace), and the Blazers present serious matchup problems for Dallas. Portland is a dangerous team.

• Denver’s battle with conventional wisdom

Mike D’Antoni’s Suns became the darlings for those who root against lazy truisms that say offense-first teams can’t win championships. Denver is that team this season, but not because it’s bad at defense; it’s been one of the league’s top-three defensive clubs since swapping Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks in February.

But the Nuggets could challenge the idea that a team must have one or two go-to guys — those isolation beasts — to win in the playoffs. The Nuggets don’t really have that kind of player, though a couple of guys here could grow into that role. The Nuggets score in transition and with fast-paced movement in the half court — slipped screens, hard cuts to the hoop and along the baseline, decisive passes. Can that work in the slowed-down world of the playoffs?

• Are the revamped Knicks ready for prime time?

New York’s first playoff appearance since 2003-04 is a nice story. But remember that this team re-made itself on the fly and has had two-dozen games to undergo the sort of progress it has taken Miami a full season to get right. The reality is that the Knicks probably aren’t ready, and that the Anthony trade was not really about this season, anyway. The team has defended poorly since the deal, and Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire are still learning how to play together.

Still: This offense can be deadly if the stars play it right — especially Anthony, whose tendency to stop the ball won’t work against an elite defense like Boston’s. This could be a super-entertaining series if the Knicks are game.

•Atlanta’s struggle for relevancy

The most depressing playoff team in the league has a chance to reinvigorate itself with a strong showing against the Magic, the same club that humiliated Atlanta in a four-game sweep last season. Since then, the Hawks badly overpaid Joe Johnson; made a half-hearted commitment to a motion offense that fell flat; failed to develop Jeff Teague; saw rookie coach Larry Drew clash now and then with Josh Smith; lost several awful blowouts at home; and put up a negative overall scoring margin normally associated with a lottery team.

The Hawks are capped out through 2013 as things stand now, and they don’t appear to be going anywhere with this group. Can they show us something now?

• Memphis, turnovers and the basketball gods

The Grizzlies, suffering a severe case of Lakers paranoia, unexpectedly tanked their final two games instead of gunning for the sixth seed. They’ll face the top-seeded Spurs instead, and that will provide a fascinating test for the Grizzlies’ unique style. Memphis defense put up one of the highest turnover rates in recent history. Guys like Tony Allen (a legit folk hero in Memphis now), Mike Conley and Sam Young gamble in passing lanes, guard you chest-to-chest and feast on steals. All those turnovers lead to easy points and make up for the fact that Memphis’ opponents shoot a decent percentage from the field — and a very good percentage from three-point range.

Whether that can work against San Antonio in the playoffs is debatable. Few teams take care of the ball as well as the Spurs, and few feature an offense better suited to making teams play for gambling. All of those backdoor cuts, surprise perimeter screens and swing passes punish overeager defenders.

But this is the matchup the Grizzlies wanted. Now they’re stuck with it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
LA game 1 Sunday afternoon and I not home. LOUDDDD STEUPSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:45:16 AM »
                                             :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton:

Bakes, Soccerman, Knicks, Celtics supporters, etc, come on people act like all yuh know what time it is. It is playoff time massive, ah set meh alarm on meh cell fuh 5:30 AM dis morning. Ah just came back from Publix grocery store wid de wife and kid, ah will mess around here lil bit, help de wife in de house, so that she will not disturb meh later, den when de rain stop, two ah meh bois and myself will do some cleaning up around de house, we will den ketch ah fresh, eat a big plate (give thanks) and den is playoff time baby. I eh know about all yuh, but ah like ah lil kid waiting tuh open meh Christmas present. Wow ah love it, life is good (give thanks).

Before de series start, all yuh can put meh on record fuh predicting de Heat in 5 games. Ah tempted tuh say 6 games, but ah feel de Big 3 really ready and dey are not going to see 76ers at all. I am not falling fuh dat sweep mess doh, cuz de 76ers are a young athletic team (3rd youngest team in de league), that play very good defense and dey are very well coached by a very good coach. Dough Collins is my choice fuh coach of de year, Wid Tom Thibodeau (Chicago) a close second. I went wid Collins because he has turned that franchise around wid much less talent than Thibodeau have and wid basically de same group of guys from de last season. So wid dat said, is show time baby. Can u feel de Heat deep down in your soul  ;) ;D . HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:51:29 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »
Lol... Supa if nothing else you's ah real kicks man dred  :D  :beermug:

I juss looking forward to seeing the Heat games and the Thunder games.  My Knicks eh doing nutten this postseason, we barely better than we was before the trade... no surprise there.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 01:55:52 PM »
the bulls had me cussing for 46 mins until they finally decide to show up, i still feel we reaching the east finals but still cant see us beating the heat or even the celtics this year in the playoffs.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »
the bulls had me cussing for 46 mins until they finally decide to show up, i still feel we reaching the east finals but still cant see us beating the heat or even the celtics this year in the playoffs.

I'm a hater... Rose is not yet a consistent shooter to carry that team on his back.  0-9 from 3 yet Pacers defenders won't concede the jumper late.  He woulda have to beat me from outside.  Deng had a great second half, but he's too inconsistent to be a threat... Bulls very much a one-trick pony.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 03:31:42 PM »

I'm a hater... Rose is not yet a consistent shooter to carry that team on his back.  0-9 from 3 yet Pacers defenders won't concede the jumper late.  He woulda have to beat me from outside.  Deng had a great second half, but he's too inconsistent to be a threat... Bulls very much a one-trick pony.

i agree they are one-trick pony for now plus can't win the nba title with 1 scorer and boozer and deng are not consistent enough as a 2nd scorer.  if we get a legit 2nd scorer (20+ pts) then we could join the big guns (lakers, heat, celtics, spurs).  i would even rate the thunder above the bulls right now however i think rose is on his way to being the best PG in the game.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »
i agree they are one-trick pony for now plus can't win the nba title with 1 scorer and boozer and deng are not consistent enough as a 2nd scorer.  if we get a legit 2nd scorer (20+ pts) then we could join the big guns (lakers, heat, celtics, spurs).  i would even rate the thunder above the bulls right now however i think rose is on his way to being the best PG in the game.

Ehhh... I not so sure yet.  He's the best scoring point guard w/o a doubt, with Westbrook second.  But a true PG needs to have the offense down cold and get his players in position where they could get easy buckets.  When the offense breaks down or late in the clock he then must still have the ability to score himself.  Hard to judge Rose on the first since his supporting cast is so poor... and maybe that's why he's so much of a scorer (although he's been that way since Memphis). 

Rose not even in the same class as Deron Williams, and my boy Chris Paul.  What does he do in the half-court offense other than try to break his man down 1 v 1?  He's a spectacular offensive player and I think folks letting all them dunks and drive-and-kicks bazodee they head.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »
he is definitely not in the same league as paul (best pg IMO) and derron but he has the potential to surpass them if he can focus on being a pg and not having to shoulder the burden of being the main scorer for the bulls.  right now he does have 1 thing going for him, he has a strong desire to win (most recent example is today when his teammates were struggling).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »
See the same shit I saying?? 

Whether or not the Hornets win this series this should put to rest all the jackass talk about Rose being "the best point guard in the league, and possibly the best player in the league."  I juss vex I didn't catch who dat tun tun was who was providing color commentary on that game.  Chris Paul showing you how the position is supposed to be played.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
chris paul is really ah boss, it is rumoured that MJ want him to play for his team real bad.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
chris paul is really ah boss, it is rumoured that MJ want him to play for his team real bad.

Yeah I read on ESPN in the week where Paul said he'd strongly think about it.  I'd love to see him in NY, but not sure we could afford it now that we waste so much money on Anthony.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »
Poor execution on that last shot by Anthony... but horseshit officiating cost us that game at the very end.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »
Supa boy ah missed all the games this weekend and it's probably a good thing bc my Lakers lost and ah glad I didn't witness it. Anyway I was following the scores closely on my phone and I saw the Heat pulled away late in the 4th. I'll give you props though because you guys have a game under your belt and that what counts.
Bakes I noticed the Knicks was leading by 4 I think with 39 secs remaining and lost by 2. I was shocked to see the final result, I said to myself Celtics lost but you stated a combination of poor officiating and Carmelo's poor execution cost you guys. In the playoffs you have to be able to close out games or else you'll be going fishing.
I going and take in all the highlights on sportscenter now, but de Lakers starting tuh fraustrate meh these days. We have to turn it around fast!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 02:45:02 PM »
So had a long weekend got sick and had to get d Lakers game result via text. So guess what I more sick now.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »
Bakes I noticed the Knicks was leading by 4 I think with 39 secs remaining and lost by 2. I was shocked to see the final result, I said to myself Celtics lost but you stated a combination of poor officiating and Carmelo's poor execution cost you guys. In the playoffs you have to be able to close out games or else you'll be going fishing.
I going and take in all the highlights on sportscenter now, but de Lakers starting tuh fraustrate meh these days. We have to turn it around fast!!!

http://www.google.com/search?q=knicks%2C+officiating&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GPEA_en

Hear what others are saying and judge fuh yuhself.  Aside from the two early shit fouls on Anthony in the first 3 mins (forcing him to sit the first quarter out), you had a lame ass offensive foul call on him with :21 secs left.  Then on the game-winning shot Garnett trips Tony Douglas, the man guardind Allen... refs not-so-mysteriously swallow their whistles on that one... *swish*... game over.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:04 PM »
Yea I saw the highlights and it was a soft call on Carmelo for real. Even on Mike and Mike this morning, their inboxes were flooded with emails about the terrible officiating. In crunch time when the game so tight, I get pissed to see refs call those petty calls. Esp. when the defense is blocking, playing straight up and not giving the opponents any room. That cost the Knicks a road game too.

giggsy11

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 08:07:07 PM »
Yea I saw the highlights and it was a soft call on Carmelo for real. Even on Mike and Mike this morning, their inboxes were flooded with emails about the terrible officiating. In crunch time when the game so tight, I get pissed to see refs call those petty calls. Esp. when the defense is blocking, playing straight up and not giving the opponents any room. That cost the Knicks a road game too.

I disagree, the Knicks still had a chance to tie it up by going for for 2, I feel Carmelo was trying tuh be a hero. The ball should have been going into Stoudemere since he was holding it down against the Celtics' bigs but to many plays when tru Carmelo instead.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 06:32:51 AM »
D'Antoni just get outcoached in game 1,

1. He's always letting Chauncey take too many bad shots: long jumpers early in the shot clock sometimes not even if rhythm.
2. The play when KG score off the lob coming out the time out to bring the lead down to 1 shoulda never come off
3. When Boston called the last timeout he shoulda have a play drawn up in case we needed a basket. Them fellas clearly didn't have a plan so by default they have to give Melo the ball and let him make the decision because that's his role. He is the man who has been taking them shots for the last 2 months. And making them most of the time.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »

8) 8) 8). HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
The Pacers almost choke away an 18 point lead vs the bulls, then the Mavs came out and showed them how it's done. Lose a 23pt lead in the 3rd.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
Mavs always choking, years now they doing so. Roy real light it up though, my boy was hitting big shots. Supa I now saying I coming to congratulate you on ah sweep but Sixers was going down wid ah fight, they didn't throw in de towel. Exciting game to watch, nuff blocks coming down to the end and two big 3's.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »
Now that Knicks have been swept... now we can look back and see what an utter failure this trade was.  We mortgaged the future and got the same thing that we had going into the trade... first-round failure in the post-season.  We coulda get that, kept Gallo, Felton and Chandler, save we 2014 first-round pick and we $65 million and be better positioned for next season.

So it goes.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Now that Knicks have been swept... now we can look back and see what an utter failure this trade was.  We mortgaged the future and got the same thing that we had going into the trade... first-round failure in the post-season.  We coulda get that, kept Gallo, Felton and Chandler, save we 2014 first-round pick and we $65 million and be better positioned for next season.

So it goes.
Denver isn't better off either cause they're on the verge of getting swept tonight. As Charles Barkley said last night "keep the (fishing) poles close, bc another team maybe going fishing soon".

But when I watch the Knicks back court and is man like Billups and Anthony Carter, two veterans with "wear and tear" to rely on next season and Denver has all the youngsters with skill and athleticism to build with.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 01:20:11 PM »

So it goes.
Denver isn't better off either cause they're on the verge of getting swept tonight. As Charles Barkley said last night "keep the (fishing) poles close, bc another team maybe going fishing soon".

But when I watch the Knicks back court and is man like Billups and Anthony Carter, two veterans with "wear and tear" to rely on next season and Denver has all the youngsters with skill and athleticism to build with.

While I must admit that I do  have some love for the Knicks, but I will also admit dat I do not lose sleep over dem cuz dey are not my Miami Heat team. However, I do understand de Garden hasn't had playoff basketball since slice bread and you all wanted a deep playoff, I do get that. However, keep in mind, that this trade was done for the future, if dey had a deep playoff run dis year, well done, but it is for the future. Trust me, all dey need is some nice pieces tuh compliment de 2 stars. I am not yet sold on their coach taking them to the big stage doh, cuz apart from de Knicks not having enough around their stars, a couple games were very close and in my opinion, Doc Rivers out coached him big time. Apart from that, de Knicks will be fine people, dey are building a team around de 2 stars, be patient, you all are on de right track.

Go back and check meh post, ah said that ah not falling fuh de sweep. Ah said in 5 games, so guess what, bad news for de 76ers on Wednesday ;). Yuh know what, at de beginning of de regular season, ah used tuh be bothered when dey lose a few games, but now ah get used tuh dem, dropping games here and there. When dat happen, ah does just say, oh well, de Heat is just being de Heat, next. Dat is why ah will not count out 6 games, but ah really strong on 5. However, one thing I am confident about is dat dey will come through when it really matter 8) 8) 8). HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:53:18 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 02:04:17 PM »
Mavs always choking, years now they doing so. Roy real light it up though, my boy was hitting big shots. Supa I now saying I coming to congratulate you on ah sweep but Sixers was going down wid ah fight, they didn't throw in de towel. Exciting game to watch, nuff blocks coming down to the end and two big 3's.

Nah man, if dey did sweep de 76ers, more power tuh meh team. But like I said before, that team have enough tuh compete and win a game here and there. In my opinion, dey are just one superstar away to take dem over the top. Someone that can take over a game and be a reliable closer. De present AI dat dey have, he has tried dat closer thing a few times,he is very good player, but not a superstar. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 02:23:10 PM »
See the same shit I saying?? 

Whether or not the Hornets win this series this should put to rest all the jackass talk about Rose being "the best point guard in the league, and possibly the best player in the league."  I juss vex I didn't catch who dat tun tun was who was providing color commentary on that game.  Chris Paul showing you how the position is supposed to be played.

Ah know yuh just probably going by what de critics said, so ah just responding tuh dat. Rose might be de MVP this year, but he is has some work to do tuh be de best player. When he start tuh fill up he stats sheet (rebounds, blocks, steals, etc) send meh ah PM. My friend, LJ was and is still de best player in de league, if yuh tell meh de people said Kobe is de best player, ah may not argue dat one at all, cuz de Mamba was and still is a problem on de court. Tuh be honest, my heart is wid Wade, Kobe then LJ, but that is my heart, dat is not reality  ;). Let us keep it real now, LJ fills up has filled up his stat sheet in de past and is still doing so. As a matter of fact he just said that he is having a career year. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »

Dred, you getting tie up with the short term... neither of these teams was ever going to do anything this post-season, you don't blow up yuh roster as Denver and NY did and expect players to gel in time for the playoffs two months later.  These moves were all about the future... Denver got rid of a toxic presence in the locker room, a blackhole on the court and got four young players and a 2014 first round pick for their efforts.  Masai what he name run up in the Knicks with no vaseline on this trade.

-------------------------------

Supa... I have no doubt that Rose could one day be the best player in the league, but he's not that right now.  He clearly isn't even the best point guard in the league.  Rose is strong, quick, athletic all ah dat... but he's not even in the same league as Chris Paul when it comes to PG play.

Just a sample of what he's been doing this post-season:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9fFSBTc1OU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9fFSBTc1OU</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »
I think we just saw the official end of the Tim Duncan era.

Tell the spurs to draft a big man Timmy, then teach him for a year and retire.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »
I think we just saw the official end of the Tim Duncan era.

Tell the spurs to draft a big man Timmy, then teach him for a year and retire.

They like Splitter... dai'z why they trade Scola to Houston.  So they eh drafting another big man, Splitter is de understudy.  But speaking of this series... Memphis boy... wow.

1]; } ?>