March 28, 2024, 03:44:13 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread  (Read 37770 times)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »
Denver isn't better off either cause they're on the verge of getting swept tonight. As Charles Barkley said last night "keep the (fishing) poles close, bc another team maybe going fishing soon".

But when I watch the Knicks back court and is man like Billups and Anthony Carter, two veterans with "wear and tear" to rely on next season and Denver has all the youngsters with skill and athleticism to build with.

Dred, you getting tie up with the short term... neither of these teams was ever going to do anything this post-season, you don't blow up yuh roster as Denver and NY did and expect players to gel in time for the playoffs two months later.  These moves were all about the future... Denver got rid of a toxic presence in the locker room, a blackhole on the court and got four young players and a 2014 first round pick for their efforts.  Masai what he name run up in the Knicks with no vaseline on this trade.

Melo is a toxic presence in the locker room?

I think you rel harsh tho, the Knicks were an incomplete team coming into the playoffs and it's hard to blame Carmelo..they need better role players if they want to be serious..the Nuggets are the exact opposite, they don't have a star who will step up to win them games in the clutch...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 09:39:22 PM »
I think we just saw the official end of the Tim Duncan era.

Tell the spurs to draft a big man Timmy, then teach him for a year and retire.

They like Splitter... dai'z why they trade Scola to Houston.  So they eh drafting another big man, Splitter is de understudy.  But speaking of this series... Memphis boy... wow.

Memphis said they wanted the Spurs from the start, they felt confident in beating them as the 8th seed. That team has alot of talent and I think Battier gave them some stability, plus Gasol and Randolf big in the paint. According to ESPN.com "Bottoms Up" lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 10:17:08 PM »

I think you rel harsh tho, the Knicks were an incomplete team coming into the playoffs and it's hard to blame Carmelo..they need better role players if they want to be serious..the Nuggets are the exact opposite, they don't have a star who will step up to win them games in the clutch...

Go back and check what I said... he was a toxic presence in the Denver locker room.  He was popular with his team mates but he undermined Karl in the locker room.  Karl even started tweaking him in public, talking about his selfishness (not in so many words) and his failure to commit defensively.  Same thing he went thru with Iverson.

Allyuh men also keep talking about how poor the Knicks were coming into the season... and missing the point completely.  As "incomplete" as the Knicks were there was a solid core of young players surrounding Stoudemire, a stable foundation around which to build a championship team.  I am not faulting Anthony for failing to deliver post-season wins (as implied by your comment), the most the Knicks were going to win was one, maybe two games against the Celtics... with or without Melo.  So no, I not faulting him.  I faulting the Knicks management (or if you believe the rumblings, the owner, James Dolan) for gutting the team of that solid core, in order to get spectacularly talented offensive player, who also happens to be supremely selfish.

Carmelo could have waited until the off-season to joint the Knicks and he would have had Stoudemire, Gallinari and Felton as team mates (they probably wouldn't have re-signed Chandler).  Imagine how much better that team would be next year?  Instead Dolan wanted to chase short term glory (a couple more wins and a post-season appearance this season) and Carmelo wanted to chase the $$.  Asked why he didn't wait until the off-season Anthony talk about the financial uncertainties anticipated by the CBA impasse... in other words, he wanted to get as much money now before the current agreement expired.  To heck with building a title team... he wanted to be paid.  Not me saying that... read anybody who following the situation in NY and Denver... I could post links if yuh want.

This is what trading for Anthony cost the Knicks:

Danilo Gallinari
Raymond Felton
Wilson Chandler
Timofey Mozgov
2012 Second Round pick
2013 Second Round pick
2014 First Round pick
2016 right to swap First Round picks (Denver could demand NY exchange picks with them if NY has a better pick)

In addition... we have no money to get a quality big man in the off-season... exactly what we need.  In other words, next year's Knicks will look the same as this year's Knicks because he tie up we hands.

We buy all that for what exactly?

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 11:54:08 PM »

Go back and check what I said... he was a toxic presence in the Denver locker room.  He was popular with his team mates but he undermined Karl in the locker room.  Karl even started tweaking him in public, talking about his selfishness (not in so many words) and his failure to commit defensively.  Same thing he went thru with Iverson.

Allyuh men also keep talking about how poor the Knicks were coming into the season... and missing the point completely.  As "incomplete" as the Knicks were there was a solid core of young players surrounding Stoudemire, a stable foundation around which to build a championship team.  I am not faulting Anthony for failing to deliver post-season wins (as implied by your comment), the most the Knicks were going to win was one, maybe two games against the Celtics... with or without Melo.  So no, I not faulting him.  I faulting the Knicks management (or if you believe the rumblings, the owner, James Dolan) for gutting the team of that solid core, in order to get spectacularly talented offensive player, who also happens to be supremely selfish.

Carmelo could have waited until the off-season to joint the Knicks and he would have had Stoudemire, Gallinari and Felton as team mates (they probably wouldn't have re-signed Chandler).  Imagine how much better that team would be next year?  Instead Dolan wanted to chase short term glory (a couple more wins and a post-season appearance this season) and Carmelo wanted to chase the $$.  Asked why he didn't wait until the off-season Anthony talk about the financial uncertainties anticipated by the CBA impasse... in other words, he wanted to get as much money now before the current agreement expired.  To heck with building a title team... he wanted to be paid.  Not me saying that... read anybody who following the situation in NY and Denver... I could post links if yuh want.

This is what trading for Anthony cost the Knicks:

Danilo Gallinari
Raymond Felton
Wilson Chandler
Timofey Mozgov
2012 Second Round pick
2013 Second Round pick
2014 First Round pick
2016 right to swap First Round picks (Denver could demand NY exchange picks with them if NY has a better pick)

In addition... we have no money to get a quality big man in the off-season... exactly what we need.  In other words, next year's Knicks will look the same as this year's Knicks because he tie up we hands.

We buy all that for what exactly?

I get what you saying...when I heard the deal I was vex Knicks lost Felton and Galinari..and imo i found the brand NY was playing before Melo was better, they just were lacking a killer finsher ( which Melo supposed to be )... I dunno, the offseason might spring a surprise...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »
I get what you saying...when I heard the deal I was vex Knicks lost Felton and Galinari..and imo i found the brand NY was playing before Melo was better, they just were lacking a killer finsher ( which Melo supposed to be )... I dunno, the offseason might spring a surprise...

Well I ent trying to be a prophet of doom and gloom, but we ent have no money to do anything this off-season, we hands tied.  We have an option to pick up Chauncey Billups contract for another year, which will cost us $14m.  If we do that we'll be over the salary cap and won't be able to sign anybody.  If we decline the option and let him ride we'll have to pay him $4m and save some money... but we'll only have about $8m to sign a big man.  So yeah, we might be able to spring a surprise signing fuh cheap, but ONLY if we let Chauncey go.  Who go run point fuh we then... Toney Douglas, Anthony Carter and Roger Mason?  I like dem fellas a whole lot, but none of them are starters right now.  We really kinda stuck until 2012.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 01:12:08 PM »
Denver isn't better off either cause they're on the verge of getting swept tonight. As Charles Barkley said last night "keep the (fishing) poles close, bc another team maybe going fishing soon".

But when I watch the Knicks back court and is man like Billups and Anthony Carter, two veterans with "wear and tear" to rely on next season and Denver has all the youngsters with skill and athleticism to build with.

Dred, you getting tie up with the short term... neither of these teams was ever going to do anything this post-season, you don't blow up yuh roster as Denver and NY did and expect players to gel in time for the playoffs two months later.  These moves were all about the future... Denver got rid of a toxic presence in the locker room, a blackhole on the court and got four young players and a 2014 first round pick for their efforts.  Masai what he name run up in the Knicks with no vaseline on this trade.

-------------------------------

Supa... I have no doubt that Rose could one day be the best player in the league, but he's not that right now.  He clearly isn't even the best point guard in the league.  Rose is strong, quick, athletic all ah dat... but he's not even in the same league as Chris Paul when it comes to PG play.

Just a sample of what he's been doing this post-season:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9fFSBTc1OU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9fFSBTc1OU</a>

Well said cuz cuz. Seriously, I feel if Rose stay healthy and keep improving on the areas that need improvement, he will definitely be the face of the NBA in a few years. Dat is cool by me, cuz by then, LJ would already have 2 or 3 rings and Wade would have 3 or 4 wid de Heat  ;).

Big and serious, Bynum look fuh dat cross, wey de azz he doing all de way up dey. His huge azz should be protecting and waiting in de paint tuh swipe CP, just like he did Beasley. De super star (Mamba) dat cud contain CP, he all de way in de back pushing another player. As good as Kobe is as a defender, he know what time it is, he not going and get some ah dat  :rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »
Big and serious, Bynum look fuh dat cross, wey de azz he doing all de way up dey. His huge azz should be protecting and waiting in de paint tuh swipe CP, just like he did Beasley. De super star (Mamba) dat cud contain CP, he all de way in de back pushing another player. As good as Kobe is as a defender, he know what time it is, he not going and get some ah dat  :rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Is Kobe who was guarding him but the Hornets keep running pick and roll to force de switch... yuh eh hear Reggie Miller say at the start "they got the switch AGAIN".  Two trips down earlier Paul freak Bynum and score on him when Bynum laid back off him.  So this time big boy say he getting up and trying to swipe at ball and ting... lol  Paul put roller skates on Bynum and had him dancing.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »

Supa... I have no doubt that Rose could one day be the best player in the league, but he's not that right now.  He clearly isn't even the best point guard in the league.  Rose is strong, quick, athletic all ah dat... but he's not even in the same league as Chris Paul when it comes to PG play.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9fFSBTc1OU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9fFSBTc1OU</a>

Well said cuz cuz. Seriously, I feel if Rose stay healthy and keep improving on the areas that need improvement, he will definitely be the face of the NBA in a few years. Dat is cool by me, cuz by then, LJ would already have 2 or 3 rings and Wade would have 3 or 4 wid de Heat  ;).

Rose is ah good player, but what ah cyah take is de overhype by de media. Don't get me wrong, he is a go be great one day, but he is de new flavour of de month and he eh ready yet. Let him cuss somebody mudder or get into any type of trouble and yuh go see how quick dey go turn on him...
LBJ killing teams and dunking on man on ah regular for years. All of ah sudden because he did the "Decision"  dey bawlin all kinda man better dan him, he eh dat good, he arogant etc...
First it was Durant now is Rose, dey did even mention Love from Minnesota would be a better player dan LBJ.
Kobe is 1 and LBJ is 1a all dem other ballers cyah even hold dey jock strap...
And ah do agree wid yuh statement, when it is all said and done LBJ, Wade and Co. go win multiple titles...

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:12 AM »
Not a kobe fan, but that dunk he rest on Okafor last night... oh... my... laaaawd!!

Just de kinda dunk make yuh done sit up while he driving the key cause yuh seeing what going and happen before it happen. What make it worse too was the man was sleeping whole game before that, faking that ankle injury.. Then that wet just change de whole momentum. A frankoment bathe!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dF6H1C0mw0k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dF6H1C0mw0k</a>

.. Almost as nasty as the one Amare put on Jermaine O'Neal

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C93i_KFetdw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C93i_KFetdw</a>

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »

Is Kobe who was guarding him but the Hornets keep running pick and roll to force de switch... yuh eh hear Reggie Miller say at the start "they got the switch AGAIN".  Two trips down earlier Paul freak Bynum and score on him when Bynum laid back off him.  So this time big boy say he getting up and trying to swipe at ball and ting... lol  Paul put roller skates on Bynum and had him dancing.

:rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »

Rose is ah good player, but what ah cyah take is de overhype by de media. Don't get me wrong, he is a go be great one day, but he is de new flavour of de month and he eh ready yet. Let him cuss somebody mudder or get into any type of trouble and yuh go see how quick dey go turn on him...
LBJ killing teams and dunking on man on ah regular for years. All of ah sudden because he did the "Decision"  dey bawlin all kinda man better dan him, he eh dat good, he arogant etc...
First it was Durant now is Rose, dey did even mention Love from Minnesota would be a better player dan LBJ.
Kobe is 1 and LBJ is 1a all dem other ballers cyah even hold dey jock strap...
And ah do agree wid yuh statement, when it is all said and done LBJ, Wade and Co. go win multiple titles...

Tuh be honest, if yuh give me a chance, Wade is de best player in de world tuh me  ;). But like I said before, and u just said it also, Kobe and LJ was and still is 1 and 1a respectively. In my opinion, de only thing I feel Kobe was and still does kill LJ wid, it is being a game closer. LJ must add that to his game and be consistent wid it also. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »
Supa well said, I agree totally wid what you said. One other thing between Kobe and LBJ is that Kobe don't give a sh*t and will fight to the very end, even if it means pulling his teammates socks up. De man will be 0-20 and keep shooting, going down with all guns blazing (now shot selection is a different story). LBJ now seems to be taking up that kinda mentality since his image did a 180 in the media, not sure if he can give Wade a piece of his mind on the court, the same way Kobe can talk to Odom, Gasol and even Fisher. Heck even Jordan used to yell at Pippen, Grant, etc. from time to time. If Lebron wants to be a closer, he have to forget everything and execute when it counts, even if things are not going his way. I don't know but it seems to me since his critics keep saying he's not a closer, is starting to get to his head.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 12:24:03 PM »
Supa well said, I agree totally wid what you said. One other thing between Kobe and LBJ is that Kobe don't give a sh*t and will fight to the very end, even if it means pulling his teammates socks up. De man will be 0-20 and keep shooting, going down with all guns blazing (now shot selection is a different story). LBJ now seems to be taking up that kinda mentality since his image did a 180 in the media, not sure if he can give Wade a piece of his mind on the court, the same way Kobe can talk to Odom, Gasol and even Fisher. Heck even Jordan used to yell at Pippen, Grant, etc. from time to time. If Lebron wants to be a closer, he have to forget everything and execute when it counts, even if things are not going his way. I don't know but it seems to me since his critics keep saying he's not a closer, is starting to get to his head.
Ah think yuh right about de mental aspect of closing games, because when he was playing wid de Cavs it was never an issue. :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »
I was now coming to talk about what the fishing report look like in the gulf of mexico when the Spurs hit a miracle 3 to send it to overtime. The patient not dead, but they still on life support. Will the Memphis death panel rule tonight?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »

Well I ent trying to be a prophet of doom and gloom, but we ent have no money to do anything this off-season, we hands tied.  We have an option to pick up Chauncey Billups contract for another year, which will cost us $14m.  If we do that we'll be over the salary cap and won't be able to sign anybody.  If we decline the option and let him ride we'll have to pay him $4m and save some money... but we'll only have about $8m to sign a big man.  So yeah, we might be able to spring a surprise signing fuh cheap, but ONLY if we let Chauncey go.  Who go run point fuh we then... Toney Douglas, Anthony Carter and Roger Mason?  I like dem fellas a whole lot, but none of them are starters right now.  We really kinda stuck until 2012.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_bring_billups_back_for_million_bR8b9Qzja5VehHp1WfZRXL

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »
                                             :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton:

Bakes, Soccerman, Knicks, Celtics supporters, etc, come on people act like all yuh know what time it is. It is playoff time massive, ah set meh alarm on meh cell fuh 5:30 AM dis morning. Ah just came back from Publix grocery store wid de wife and kid, ah will mess around here lil bit, help de wife in de house, so that she will not disturb meh later, den when de rain stop, two ah meh bois and myself will do some cleaning up around de house, we will den ketch ah fresh, eat a big plate (give thanks) and den is playoff time baby. I eh know about all yuh, but ah like ah lil kid waiting tuh open meh Christmas present. Wow ah love it, life is good (give thanks).

Before de series start, all yuh can put meh on record fuh predicting de Heat in 5 games. Ah tempted tuh say 6 games, but ah feel de Big 3 really ready and dey are not going to see 76ers at all. I am not falling fuh dat sweep mess doh, cuz de 76ers are a young athletic team (3rd youngest team in de league), that play very good defense and dey are very well coached by a very good coach. Dough Collins is my choice fuh coach of de year, Wid Tom Thibodeau (Chicago) a close second. I went wid Collins because he has turned that franchise around wid much less talent than Thibodeau have and wid basically de same group of guys from de last season. So wid dat said, is show time baby. Can u feel de Heat deep down in your soul  ;) ;D . HIGHLY BLESSED.

;)  ;D.

Dade and Broward county, pu, pu, put yuh drinks up, cuz dis is de life. Nothing tuh celebrate on my part, a quick smile and :applause: and is back tuh business, cuz we eh win nothing yet, yuh see meh. Yuh have tuh love dat 76ers team wid no superstar. Dey are well coached, entire team play hard till game over, dey play as a team, very solid defensively and wid no nasty plays. Is de first time de Heat won a playoff series and I actually felt bad for the opponent. Did u all see de class of a team and coaching staff dey have, wid all dem hugs and good words at de end. At the end Wade and James gave a very tight hug and some good words tuh Collins and de players, nice. My son looked at de game with me, and I told him, that is the way de game should be played and how u always threat your opponent. During a game u play hard, but clean, but before and after games you threat each other with love and respect. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
Bakes, Soccerman and Dinho, ah see all yuh like top ah d line highlights, cool. So what happen tuh de cross Wade did last night, dat sent Turner tuh Key West, wowww. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:45:35 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »
I was now coming to talk about what the fishing report look like in the gulf of mexico when the Spurs hit a miracle 3 to send it to overtime. The patient not dead, but they still on life support. Will the Memphis death panel rule tonight?

SA dead, no requiem mass
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »
Bakes, Soccerman and Dinho, ah see all yuh like top ah d line highlights, cool. So what happen tuh de cross Wade did last night, dat sent Turner tuh Key West, wowww. HIGHLY BLESSED.
:rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl: Like he wanted tuh go fishing early

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 10:01:22 PM »
D bugle man played 2nite. Adios SA.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2011, 06:38:53 AM »
D bugle man played 2nite. Adios SA.

It's a trout, snapper, oh no, it's a spur!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

giggsy11

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2011, 04:01:55 PM »
Ray Allen is a supreme player and professional. That guy can make any shot under pressure and when open!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »
Ray Allen is a supreme player and professional. That guy can make any shot under pressure and when open!

I miss de firse T on Paul, but dat second was atrocious, completely legal screen, was it jus de turmoil from de firse call?  Dis series shuld be interestin, whoever wins dis series IMO wins de east and finishes runners up in de championship  :devil:

giggsy11

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2011, 04:36:53 PM »

I miss de firse T on Paul, but dat second was atrocious, completely legal screen, was it jus de turmoil from de firse call?  Dis series shuld be interestin, whoever wins dis series IMO wins de east and finishes runners up in de championship  :devil:

I miss the first one also. But I think he got the second one possibly because of something he said and may be he was warned after the first one. I hope the Celtics win this series but they have done a poor job during the playoffs of taking care of the ball which is how the Heat jumped on them today. We will see if the Lakers can make it tru three more series, old man Kobe breaking down!  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 10:05:12 AM »

The first was for a physical altercation with Jones... the second was for directing profanity at Wade, which according to Danny Crawford (head official) is "taunting" under the rules.  The capper for me was hearing Doc Rivers, a man I respect immensely, complaining that the game wasn't physical, it was "chippy".  You f**king serious?  You fuhget is de Celtics with Kevin Garnett yuh coaching or what?  Steups.  Take loss in allyuh dirty ass.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »

I am happy for the win, but give credit where it is due, it is Boston we playing, so it will not be an easy series. However, I do expect us to win in 6, but it will be a long and hard grind sah. Two reasons why we will win dis series are (1) Wade and (2) LJ 8) 8) 8). This is my evaluation, the two best players on de court are LJ and Wade, then I will go wid KG and Rondo, dat will make a huge difference when it really matter. The good thing about de win yesterday, is dat Bosh did not have a good game and LJ just had an average game in my opinion. Dat is de luxury of having at least 2 superstars, one player can have an average or bad shooting night, while de other can pick up de bulk of de scoring. I must also add,dat I am one of de few in de city dat love Chalmers game, I just love de energy de yute brings tuh de court and his game defensively. I believe this is his third year, and you can only think he will get better and he is also getting some serious playoffs experience. HIGHLY BLESSED
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:42:14 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

giggsy11

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »
If Dallas doesn't choke this year I can see them coming out of the West. Oklahoma and Memphis don't have enough talent to beat them. I can see Kobe breaking down if he has to continue carrying the Lakers; in fact  I will enjoy seeing that happen.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 09:36:39 AM »
If Dallas doesn't choke this year I can see them coming out of the West. Oklahoma and Memphis don't have enough talent to beat them. I can see Kobe breaking down if he has to continue carrying the Lakers; in fact  I will enjoy seeing that happen.

Kobe doh have to keep carryin no lakers, sometimes kobe head a lil too big.  How much success LA gets dumpin de damn basketball into de post, only chandler culd match up w/Gasol or Bynum or Lamar, obvious 1 big man advtg once 2 bigs on de floor.  Apart from dat LA love to play heart attack basketball, doh push til necessary, most of de team went to Rodeo drive after goin up 16 early in de 3rd qtr last nite.

Yes, if they keep playin dat way Dallas have more dan a chance....

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 12:32:16 PM »

Kobe doh have to keep carryin no lakers, sometimes kobe head a lil too big.  How much success LA gets dumpin de damn basketball into de post, only chandler culd match up w/Gasol or Bynum or Lamar, obvious 1 big man advtg once 2 bigs on de floor.  Apart from dat LA love to play heart attack basketball, doh push til necessary, most of de team went to Rodeo drive after goin up 16 early in de 3rd qtr last nite.

Yes, if they keep playin dat way Dallas have more dan a chance....

I'm a big Dallas fan and really happy with the win. But like you say, Kobe needs to realize he don't need to carry this team. He playing a brand of hero ball that is not what they need. Their biggest asset for this year and recently, has been their size and ability to create mismatches with Gasol, Bynum and Odom. Kobe can get his shot any time he wants, but doesnt mean he needs to jack up 30 shots a game and not get others involved.

Fun fact from the game: Kobe attempted 29 FGA and not a single one at rim. He only had one FGA inside 11 feet on play-by-play.

Not placing the blame on Kobe entirely though - Phil Jackson was way too reactionary in this game by not playing Gasol, Odom and Bynum enough together to force mismatches on the Dallas defensive end.

We will see what happens in Game 2 but boy am I happy the Mavs took game 1.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2011, 12:49:09 PM »
Kobe doh have to keep carryin no lakers, sometimes kobe head a lil too big. 

:o :o ....who have access to barataria password??
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>