March 28, 2024, 04:10:31 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread  (Read 37772 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 08:22:33 PM »
Kobe doh have to keep carryin no lakers, sometimes kobe head a lil too big. 

:o :o ....who have access to barataria password??

:rotfl:  you is kix yes, good one
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

giggsy11

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2011, 06:12:50 AM »
Damn, the Heat have the Celtics looking old as dirt!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
Kobe doh have to keep carryin no lakers, sometimes kobe head a lil too big. 

:o :o ....who have access to barataria password??

:rotfl:  you is kix yes, good one

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2011, 10:04:02 AM »
So how KG get bat so easy?  Man forget how to jump or wa? 
I find Miami were getting a little cocky just because they make some highlight plays.  It too early for that, the game was never far from Boston's reach.   
The next 2 games are the real test.

Go Heat!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2011, 12:47:47 PM »
                                                    :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton:

8) 8) 8). HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 12:49:31 PM »

;)  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2011, 01:29:15 PM »

dat particular shake and bake that wade give to KG really make him look like ah grampa
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

giggsy11

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »

dat particular shake and bake that wade give to KG really make him look like ah grampa

And getting his shot block by James. Like Barkley and Webber both said they know how it is when yuh have tuh resort tuh pump fakin cause yuh don't have the hops anymore!

giggsy11

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
Ah feel the best type of team tuh beat the Heat is an athletic type who will push the ball on dem and can score consistently. So I hope the Bulls get them selves together and Rose shake off that sprain ankle. Celtics making it rell easy for the Heat with their predictable, slow sets.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2011, 03:44:24 PM »
Ah feel the best type of team tuh beat the Heat is an athletic type who will push the ball on dem and can score consistently. So I hope the Bulls get them selves together and Rose shake off that sprain ankle. Celtics making it rell easy for the Heat with their predictable, slow sets.

Incorrect... the Heat thrive on the running game.  The Celtics (and Lakers) play the ideal style (halfcourt game) of basketball to beat the Heat.  The Heat have a minimal inside presence to prevent opposing bigs from scoring and rebounding.  On offense they struggle in the halfcourt to find a rhythm and get into their sets (lack of a point guard)... the offense usually bogs down and becomes a 1-v-1 with either Wade or LeBron.  The Heat's best option is to get into the running game where their superior athleticism trumps every other team currently in the playoffs, with the exception of perhaps OKC (and Memphis, to a degree).  The Celtics are just old and slow and getting exposed against a younger, hungrier, more athletic squad.

Addendum... ANY team that can score consistently will more often than not beat other teams.

giggsy11

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2011, 05:34:05 PM »

Incorrect... the Heat thrive on the running game.  The Celtics (and Lakers) play the ideal style (halfcourt game) of basketball to beat the Heat.  The Heat have a minimal inside presence to prevent opposing bigs from scoring and rebounding.  On offense they struggle in the halfcourt to find a rhythm and get into their sets (lack of a point guard)... the offense usually bogs down and becomes a 1-v-1 with either Wade or LeBron.  The Heat's best option is to get into the running game where their superior athleticism trumps every other team currently in the playoffs, with the exception of perhaps OKC (and Memphis, to a degree).  The Celtics are just old and slow and getting exposed against a younger, hungrier, more athletic squad.

Addendum... ANY team that can score consistently will more often than not beat other teams.

While you may disagree with my OPINION it does not mean my OPINION is incorrect as you stated and YOUR OPINION is correct or a fact. The Bulls are younger, just as hungry and way more athletic than the Heat; they also have the type of players who can and have matched up against the Heat and won.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:50:02 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2011, 06:08:27 PM »
While you may disagree with my OPINION it does not mean my OPINION is incorrect as you stated and YOUR OPINION is correct or a fact. The Bulls are younger, just as hungry and way more athletic than the Heat; they also have the type of players who can and have matched up against the Heat and won.

Your "opinion" is lacking in basis... try dat on fuh size.  The Bulls may or may not beat the Heat, if they even survive to meet them in the Conference Finals, but FACT is that a running team only plays to the strength of the Heat, therefore isn't the best suited style for beating them.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2011, 08:23:58 PM »
not sure how anyone could say "way more athletic than the heat". lebron and d-wade are among the most athletic players in the league. at the point guard and center position you could say the heat are not athletic, but like bakes said, i think a fast-paced open court game actually plays into the heat's favor. although i think their defense can still be stifling in half-court but their offense could struggle if wade and lebron have to settle for jumpers.

overall, i think heat will be tough to beat

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2011, 09:51:32 PM »
Brutal game 2 (to watch) between the Hawks and Bulls... both teams shot poorly from the field and the game never seemed to developed any flow.  Nice game by Jeff Teague though... if only they could get him, Crawford and Joe Johnson (two of my favorite NBA players) into a flow at the same time they'd be tough to beat.  Nice low-post battle between college team mates Noah and Horford... back at Fla. Horford was the man, but Noah more than holding his own... much as I don't like his ass too much.  Hawks only have to hold serve on their court now and it's game, set, match.  Easier said than done though.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 09:47:32 AM »
What de arse going on wid de Lakers??? I ain panicing just yet, I jus don't like how we gave away game 1. I'll take my licks in game 2 but dropping 2 games at home??? Now it looks like Ron Ron will most likely face a suspension.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2011, 11:22:54 AM »
What de arse going on wid de Lakers??? I ain panicing just yet, I jus don't like how we gave away game 1. I'll take my licks in game 2 but dropping 2 games at home??? Now it looks like Ron Ron will most likely face a suspension.
u should panic,dallas destroyin them in texas
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »

let's hope so! lakers d looking suspeck. dallas getting any shot they want. and no one can guard dirk.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
u should panic,dallas destroyin them in texas[/b]

Yuh happy eh?  If our run comes to an end, which looks likely at this point, it was a helluva ride, 3 championship finals and 2 championships  :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:49:15 AM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »

Yuh happy eh?  If our run comes to an end, which looks likely at this point, it was a helluva ride, 3 championship finals and 2 championships  :beermug:

In 06 it was a Heat Mavericks finals missed it because of Germany I will have to find something else 2 do because I eh have a horse in dat race.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2011, 12:35:48 PM »

kobe want to accomplish that 3peat bad bad u know.in he mind de fuss one was shaq own.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2011, 02:02:48 PM »
Nah doh say dat yet :nailbiting:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »
chicago put the hammer down tonite boy :o     d rose is the truth for real

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2011, 10:16:16 PM »
lakers deeper in de hole now.no nba team ever come back from down 3 games.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »
Lakers lose, and all is well in the universe.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2011, 11:31:49 PM »
Stoiakovic boy :cursing:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2011, 12:28:43 AM »
not sure how anyone could say "way more athletic than the heat". lebron and d-wade are among the most athletic players in the league. at the point guard and center position you could say the heat are not athletic, but like bakes said, i think a fast-paced open court game actually plays into the heat's favor. although i think their defense can still be stifling in half-court but their offense could struggle if wade and lebron have to settle for jumpers.

overall, i think heat will be tough to beat

Ironically enough those are the only two positions at which the Bulls are athletic... Rose and Noah.  Name another "athletic" player on that roster... I dare you.

Stoiakovic boy :cursing:

Stojakovic??  Allyuh better figure out how to stop Nowitzki.... and flip Gasol over while yuh at it, because de side ah him dat was guarding Dirk done cook.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2011, 05:37:22 AM »
Lakers lose, and all is well in the universe.

the bulls won and the lakers lost last night, it was a great night.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2011, 05:40:03 AM »

i think we can reach the east finals but the bulls can't beat heat as yet in the playoffs.  bulls need a scorer so rose can focus on being a true PG.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2011, 08:31:40 AM »
Ironically enough those are the only two positions at which the Bulls are athletic... Rose and Noah.  Name another "athletic" player on that roster... I dare you.
Luol Deng. But I right there with you that the Bulls are not more athletic than the Heat.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »

i think we can reach the east finals but the bulls can't beat heat as yet in the playoffs.  bulls need a scorer so rose can focus on being a true PG.

Ha ha.. yuh mean allyuh need ah PG so Rose could focus on being the scorer he is  :devil:

Luol Deng. But I right there with you that the Bulls are not more athletic than the Heat.

Him being the only other remote possibility I dun figure out dat answer long time.  Deng not athletic doh... when last yuh see him break somebody ankles or put ah man on ah poster.  He not de "jump out de gym" type neither.  I mighta say Gibson... but he so awkward that it hard to use "athletic" in the same sentence with him... reminds me of Drew Gooden.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:40:03 AM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>