March 28, 2024, 05:45:34 PM

Author Topic: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread  (Read 37785 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2011, 12:25:12 PM »
Stoiakovic boy :cursing:

Stojakovic??  Allyuh better figure out how to stop Nowitzki.... and flip Gasol over while yuh at it, because de side ah him dat was guarding Dirk done cook.
[/quote]

Gasol always fraustrates me in the playoffs, I think by now he'll learn to apapt to the physical nature of the playoffs. Phil and all like he had enough of him, ah mean his lil brother looking like the All Star right now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »
Gasol always fraustrates me in the playoffs, I think by now he'll learn to apapt to the physical nature of the playoffs. Phil and all like he had enough of him, ah mean his lil brother looking like the All Star right now.

Marc ballin' fuh real... I never really rate him, and he was a throw-in in the Pau trade... but this season something wake up in him.  He was always more of a center to Pau's power forward... but even so, he have a nice touch, both shooting and passing, like Pau.  Much... MUCH better position defender though.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
chicago put the hammer down tonite boy :o     d rose is the truth for real

i think we can reach the east finals but the bulls can't beat heat as yet in the playoffs.  bulls need a scorer so rose can focus on being a true PG.

Ha ha.. yuh mean allyuh need ah PG so Rose could focus on being the scorer he is  :devil:

yeah that could wuk as well

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2011, 07:42:56 PM »
OKC is ah frigging waste... I like Westbrook but he needs discipline in order to grow and Scott Brooks just not providing that right now.  Poor coaching cost them that game... no other way to explain the lack of execution down the stretch.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2011, 09:05:34 PM »
westbrook is good but like he does get excited and turnover de ball.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »

Pounding de damn ball too much... by the time they were getting into their offense there was only 14 secs left on the clock and Tony Allen was doing a great job denying Durant.  But still... and Durant himself need to get some ah dat Kobe greed/selfishness.

Meanwhile in Beantown... the Heat let the Celts off the hook.  Rondo look like me dey... running arung de court with no left LOL.  Man dislocate he elbow, went back tuh de locker room and rub some spit and dirt on it and went back in de game yes.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
Mavs looking to break out de Swiffer...

Nowitzki vs. Gasol...  he advantaging de small man lol

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2011, 02:13:56 PM »
Right now, Dallas cyah miss.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »
Right now, Dallas cyah miss.

Imagine if Shawn Marion actually woke up and plugged into the Matrix...

giggsy11

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »
Ron Artes jokey oui!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2011, 03:31:10 PM »
What de arse going on wid de Lakers??? I ain panicing just yet, I jus don't like how we gave away game 1. I'll take my licks in game 2 but dropping 2 games at home??? Now it looks like Ron Ron will most likely face a suspension.
u should panic,dallas destroyin them in texas[/b]

Yuh happy eh?  If our run comes to an end, which looks likely at this point, it was a helluva ride, 3 championship finals and 2 championships  :beermug:

In 06 it was a Heat Mavericks finals missed it because of Germany I will have to find something else 2 do because I eh have a horse in dat race.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »
Bush league.
Lakers gone out like punks
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2011, 03:38:35 PM »
Dem Lakers players going out like the pricks that they are! Glad they gettin swept! Rub it in!  Actually they looking like the the Pistons when the Bulls swept them.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:43:42 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »
That was painful to watch today. Credit to the Mavs though they executed throughout the series and were just on fire today. We had no answer as our off the ball movement in our defense with sluggish at best and Terry and Stojakovic couldn't miss from 3 point range. Tough way for Phil to go out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »
That was painful to watch today. Credit to the Mavs though they executed throughout the series and were just on fire today. We had no answer as our off the ball movement in our defense with sluggish at best and Terry and Stojakovic couldn't miss from 3 point range. Tough way for Phil to go out.

Please... fitting end.  As much as I can't take anything away from him as a coach, every one of them titles was won on the backs of some of the greatest players in NBA history... MJ, Kobe, Shaq... and throw in Pippen for good measure.  That and a legacy of complaining to the refs.  Good riddance.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »

Please... fitting end.  As much as I can't take anything away from him as a coach, every one of them titles was won on the backs of some of the greatest players in NBA history... MJ, Kobe, Shaq... and throw in Pippen for good measure.  That and a legacy of complaining to the refs.  Good riddance.

as a bulls fan i not complaining abt his first 6 titles.. ;D but i cyah lie, he tried to manipluate refs more and more as time progressed and every title he won the best player in the league was on his team.  However at the end of the day he won 11 titles and nobody could take that away from him because there is no guarantee another coach would have achieved the same.  I would have liked to see him coach a good team that does not have the best player in the league.  for example how he would have fared with the hawks, thunder or even knicks this year.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:43:48 PM by Nightmare »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2011, 06:00:20 PM »
as a bulls fan i not complaining abt his first 6 titles.. ;D but i cyah lie, he tried to manipluate refs more and more as time progressed and every title he won the best player in the league was on his team.  However at the end of the day he won 11 titles and nobody could take that away from him because there is no guarantee another coach would have achieved the same.  I would have liked to see him coach a good team that does not have the best player in the league.  for example how he would have fared with the hawks, thunder or even knicks this year.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Phil Jackson fined $35K for ref remarks

DALLAS -- Just before what could've been the last game of his coaching career, Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson was fined $35,000 for comments about the officiating.

The NBA sent a release less than an hour before tipoff of Game 4 in the Lakers-Mavericks series on Sunday saying Jackson was being punished for statements made Saturday. He complained about officials allowing defenders to lift their legs and use their knees to shove big man Pau Gasol out of position.

On Saturday, Jackson commended the "exceptional" help-side defense Gasol displayed in Game 3 and blamed some of his offensive woes on the officiating.

"I've resisted [saying] this the whole playoffs, but the NBA used to call a 'knee up the a--,' that's what they called it," Jackson said. "You couldn't lift a knee off the floor to run a guy off the post -- they've been doing that every time [against Gasol]. They're taking him out of the post and he can't get a tight post spot. We didn't complain about it against New Orleans, but the Mavs are doing the same damn thing and until the league goes back to the rules that they have about playing post play, Pau's got to move out and face the basket."

Los Angeles went into the game down 0-3 in the series, facing elimination. Jackson has said he's retiring after this postseason.

Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin and The Associated Press was used in this report.

All coaches try to gain a psychological edge by getting into their opponents' heads by making statements in the press and by manipulating the officials, but Phil Jackson and Ferguson seem to have taken that shit to a whole 'nother level, LOL

You can't argue with the record... but how he got there is definitely open to scrutiny.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
lakers let down d nba today.. it also show dat phil jackson is a wutless f**king coach.. bets coach in the nda mi rass.. d man could only win wid a star studed team.. anyway.. since when dallas mavericks is a defensive team?... Dallas dose play run di ball game... lakers jes sucked. and so much for di bestest ball whore.. kobe...
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »

Pounding de damn ball too much... by the time they were getting into their offense there was only 14 secs left on the clock and Tony Allen was doing a great job denying Durant.  But still... and Durant himself need to get some ah dat Kobe greed/selfishness.

Meanwhile in Beantown... the Heat let the Celts off the hook.  Rondo look like me dey... running arung de court with no left LOL.  Man dislocate he elbow, went back tuh de locker room and rub some spit and dirt on it and went back in de game yes.

I think coaching cause de Heat to lose dat game. Ah one hand point guard beat dem. Any legit coach woulda set some solid screens for Chalmers and let Rondo chase him. Ah guarantee yuh dat he would not have lasted as long as he did.
I believe Miami will win the next game because ah think Boston was on an emotional high, with Shaq coming back and Rondo with he one hand. Oh and Bosh need ah purge.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
I think coaching cause de Heat to lose dat game. Ah one hand point guard beat dem. Any legit coach woulda set some solid screens for Chalmers and let Rondo chase him. Ah guarantee yuh dat he would not have lasted as long as he did.
I believe Miami will win the next game because ah think Boston was on an emotional high, with Shaq coming back and Rondo with he one hand. Oh and Bosh need ah purge.

Agreed. 

Against the Knicks, I forget who the analyst was that said "teams make a mistake by laying off of Rondo, daring him to shoot... because by not putting any pressure on him they give him time and room to pick apart the defense with his passing."  So very true.  Last night every time there was a screen on Rondo he'd pull up to avoid the contact on his elbow like ah vampire confronted with holy water.  Yet they didn't try to take advantage of that.  Not saying hurt  de man... but shit, he elbow bang up... make it hurt more.  Then on defense Chalmers laying off of him and letting him dribble seconds off the clock and the Heat were trailing.  Rush that man and let him dribble with he left hand... you need possessions, aka turnovers.  Ridiculous that Rondo had even one assist after that injury.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »
whey weary and barataria,lakers dead,kobe cryin heself to sleep tonite.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »

Ah rite here bredda!!!  As I said to couple brederins last nite, LA will rise again, of course, franchise record speaks for itself.  We will re-group and come again.  Congrats Mavs, best of luck in de rest ah de playoffs.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »

Presnt Sir we will d PP we will rise.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2011, 10:02:40 AM »
Saw this on facebook:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »

who go run point guard nex season, anand or spalk?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2011, 11:01:51 AM »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:21 AM »

who go run point guard nex season, anand or spalk?

Keon Daniel  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2011, 11:51:15 AM »
Saw this on facebook:

as ah spectator......it funny though.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »
ah hear ah rumour today....de talk in de laker camp is pau gasol layin pipe on kobe wife.....ah guess she is ah balls ball hog too.lol.

1]; } ?>