April 24, 2024, 01:03:26 AM

Author Topic: Real Madrid - Barcelona, what they cost ...  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Real Madrid - Barcelona, what they cost ...
« on: April 15, 2011, 09:28:59 AM »
Real Madrid-Barcelona, what they cost ...

Real Madrid and Barcelona, which meet Saturday in La Liga action (TV: Gol TV, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3.com, live, 4 pm ET), have taken decidedly different approaches to building their powerhouse teams.

According to report by the Daily Telegraph, Real Madrid spent more on signing Cristiano Ronaldo ($136 million) than Barcelona did on its projected starting XI ($123 million).

Real Madrid should start only one youth product (goalie Iker Casillas), while Barcelona will start eight players (including Gerard Pique, who later moved to Manchester United) from its famed youth academy, La Masia.

(continue)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:33:57 AM by Zeppo »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Real Madrid - Barcelona, what they cost ...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »
Let Terry Fenwick start a Youth Academy.Had I been a Club owner in T&T that is where my investment would start. I guess NEstars is the best club poised to make this a reality.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 12:15:37 PM »
plenty of them thing does sound good in theory, youth academy and thing.
You hadda have real paper and excellent management and plenty luck to make that happen anywhere in the world, far less trinidad.

Nutten aint wrong either with Real business plan.

When last I check, I think Barca might have been in more debt than Real, not sure, but they recently had to sign some deal to put a sponsor on their shirt under the UNICEF to defray some of it.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:32:14 PM »
You hadda have real paper and excellent management and plenty luck to make that happen anywhere in the world, far less trinidad.

Nutten aint wrong either with Real business plan.

When last I check, I think Barca might have been in more debt than Real, not sure, but they recently had to sign some deal to put a sponsor on their shirt under the UNICEF to defray some of it.
That and they have spent 700 Million Euros in transfers to Real's 1 Billion since 2000, so are they not angels. Plus they so in debt they couldn't pay salaries last June. They had to get the Spanish bank La Caixa to bail dem out.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »

true ..and lookin  at the names that pass troo Barca youth academy is REAL big horseshoe luck dem have

Hell of an R.O.I tho
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 01:47:16 PM »

true ..and lookin  at the names that pass troo Barca youth academy is REAL big horseshoe luck dem have

Hell of an R.O.I tho

:rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »
Let Terry Fenwick start a Youth Academy.Had I been a Club owner in T&T that is where my investment would start. I guess NEstars is the best club poised to make this a reality.

Easier said than done. But if you have so much dicretionary income go brave and do what you heart tells you.

1]; } ?>