April 27, 2024, 08:28:00 AM

Author Topic: Manchester United v Schalke (26-Apr-2011) Thread.  (Read 4003 times)

Re: Manchester United v Schalke (26-Apr-2011) Thread.
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 02:45:40 PM »
try not to forget them score five in italy eh.

still scratching meh head wondering how dem accomplish dat....

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 02:45:49 PM »
Sounds like it was a stroll in the park. 

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »
Schalke's knock is abysmal.  I saw them play Valencia and they didn't look like this.

Tha's what I thinking..Schalke rel din turn up...at all for the entire game...I was confised as to if was them that play them 4 games vs Inter and Valencia

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »
Sounds like it was a stroll in the park. 

i honestly thought it was small cones on the field , no pressure at all

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 03:26:01 PM »
Schalke's knock is abysmal.  I saw them play Valencia and they didn't look like this.

Tha's what I thinking..Schalke rel din turn up...at all for the entire game...I was confised as to if was them that play them 4 games vs Inter and Valencia

So dem beat up on Inter and den fraid Manu.....steups!!  what a waste of 90 mins....

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
Nice win and men get tuh rest for Arsenull! Nani will be unleash on Clichy! Having 4 healthy wingers really has made a difference. It allows Giggsy to play in the middle with Park on the left and Nani or Tony V on the right.

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
 Enough folks are quick to applaud Mourinho's tactical genius and rightly so, yet Ferguson gets little respect for the same.
Today Schalke were at 6's and 7's all because of Ferguson's selection, player placement and general tactical approach.

Schalke had no answer for the ManU counter, central attack and wide penetration. So much so that they were stretched to the point where they looked helpless. Thank god for the goalkeeper (yes Elan I know).

Playing Giggs today in central midfield was a master stroke. Chicharito's movement, in between and behind the Schalke back line, along with the  penetration out wide, created space for Roonie to do as he wished. Giggs late arrival in the penalty area could not be contained and quite frankly he should have had a hattrick in the first half alone.

All said I was very impressed with ManU and though I would say Schalke looked miserable, it was more a matter of ManU's game breaking them to submission.  

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
This probably one of the or the best away game manu played for the season. Hope they don't get a false sense of security for the return.

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 04:41:29 PM »
I would love to have Neuer to replace VDS, great keeper!

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »
Enough folks are quick to applaud Mourinho's tactical genius and rightly so, yet Ferguson gets little respect for the same.
Today Schalke were at 6's and 7's all because of Ferguson's selection, player placement and general tactical approach.

Schalke had no answer for the ManU counter, central attack and wide penetration. So much so that they were stretched to the point where they looked helpless. Thank god for the goalkeeper (yes Elan I know).

Playing Giggs today in central midfield was a master stroke. Chicharito's movement, in between and behind the Schalke back line, along with the  penetration out wide, created space for Roonie to do as he wished. Giggs late arrival in the penalty area could not be contained and quite frankly he should have had a hattrick in the first half alone.

All said I was very impressed with ManU and though I would say Schalke looked miserable, it was more a matter of ManU's game breaking them to submission.  

As far as Ferguson's tactical ability, I think has improved due to him working along side foreign coaches like Carlos and now Rene. I think he values and utilizes their input combined with his experience over the years. United's tactics in Europe have greatly improved since the first time he coached United in Europe. He realizes you can't try to outsocre teams and expect to win; now the focus is to keep it tight in the back and then look to score especially when playing away.

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 05:03:28 PM »
ManU has been very penetrative lately in this CL in their attack coming out from the back. I don't know what happened but Schalke lost just about every challenge in their attacking third and ManU just out hustled them, it looked like a pro team vs a high school team to be honest. As much as I find Carrick is a goat, tonight he was impressive, smart passes, movement on and off the ball were brilliant, he gave the team balance and he protected Rio and Vidic....that doesn't take back the fact that he got breed in the first 15 secs of the game though ;D

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »

I did note Fergie's tactics as being a coutner measure to Schalke..but they were terrible on a whole..passes were misplaced regularly..they gave the ball back to Man U regularly without much fuss..I'm sorry Schalke were poor today..and Man U were very good...

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 05:27:02 PM »
But a, a, ah just realize it was Fabio not Rafael who played today yes! Yikes!

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »

So dem beat up on Inter and den fraid Manu.....steups!!  what a waste of 90 mins....

Munny pass.  ::)

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 07:00:32 AM »
Despite all the talk about this team being less talented than the ‘99-‘02 teams, Ferguson has built recent teams into one of the most consistent in Europe and set some imprssive records.

They lost just one of the last 23 or 24 away games, become the first team to make it all the way to the semis without conceding an away goal and had the longest unbeaten streak and longest unbeaten away streak during this time. Plus 4 semi-finals in five years and 2 finals in the last four, maybe 3 in the last 5. The only team more successful has been Barcelona.