April 26, 2024, 01:17:15 AM

Author Topic: Glen to join Caledonia AIA.  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Glen to join Caledonia AIA.
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:18:13 AM »
Glen to join Caledonia AIA.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National team striker Cornell Glen has agreed terms to join local Pro League club Caledonia AIA on a short term deal.

Glen is awaiting the completion of his transfer and is already looking ahead to being part of the Jamaal Shabazz unit for the CFU Club Championship.

The 30-year-old last played for San Jose Earthquakes in the American MLS but did not have his contract renewed at the end of the 2010 season and is now looking forward to helping Caledonia attain success at the regional level.

“It’s a good challenge for me and I’m looking forward to helping ‘Cali’ to bring home the title and get into the Concacaf Champions League. It’s a short term deal.

I’ve been training and working hard to get back into good shape and I’m just excited about being part of the whole effort,” Glen said on the weekend.

Glen has played for local club San Juan Jabloteh in the 2008/2009 season and has played for MLS clubs NY/NJ MetroStars, Columbus Crew, FC Dallas, Colorado Rapids and LA Galaxy.

He appeared in all three 2006 World Cup matches for T&T and was also part of the line up during the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup.

Looking ahead to the upcoming Senior Team program under newly appointed head coach Otto Pfister, Glen said: “Well it’s going to be a bit of a new beginning again because this coach has to have a few sessions and then we’ll have a better idea as to his approach and style.

I’m looking forward to it because as a player you always want to represent your country in the best way possible and try to achieve success and we definitely need to step up our football if we are to have a good chance of qualifying for the World Cup in 2014,” Glen said.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:08:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
Re: Glen to join Caledonia AIA.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:18:30 AM »
I did hear he went to Europe to check out teams

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »
All the best Glen,
I felt this guy should have had a better career though.  Injuries could be real cruel

I still have flashbacks of that shot off the bar against Sweden.
whey boy!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »
All the best Glen,
I felt this guy should have had a better career though.  Injuries could be real cruel

I was just thinking the same thing as I read this thread. And the smile and tongue hanging out he mouth :-)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »
Cornel have a chance to be the impact forward for the next WC Campaign.

Not too sure if he could get the starting job at his age, but then again, who else we have.....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »
I juss love dis fella and would like to wish him all the best,who could ever 4get that shot against Sweden,hope to see him again for TT.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 02:35:41 PM »
Cornel reminds me of Gally in lots of ways. Wish he could fall back and play an attacking mid-field like Gally did towards the end of his career.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
All the best Glen,

CO-SIGNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »
Glen, Ah backing you all the way. Daiz ah good move to kill 2 5 birds with 1 stone.

1. Get yuh match fitness rolling again.
2. Get yuh confidence back again.
3. Get yuh name on the Concacaf/International club shop window
4. Get yuh actions seen by Otto for possible T&T selection in the future
5. Help Cali to make an impact in the Concacaf championships.

Niceness. Great Warrior who had to grovel. Nuff respect. I too won't forget that nasty dribble yuh res' dong thru de whole UK side and dah stink shot yuh rest dong on Sweden's post. Beenie really thought he was releasing you as de secret weapon..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:22:58 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 12:13:20 PM »
While we are all happy for Glen i'm seeing things a bit different,Glen should not have to reach to this,it seems to me Glen is on the breadline and now have to settle for the bun bun in the pot,non of our heros should have to reach to this,he is in a very difficult position as he has a history of being injury prone and clubs are not offering him contracts,it's nice to know he has a place he can always return too and work with local Coaches and may be still have a chance at the national team depending on how healthy he can stay.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 12:36:13 PM »
Yep once you return to T&T yuh scrunting.........:SMDH:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline rocoply

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »
He appeared in all three 2006 World Cup matches for T&T ??? ??? ???

1]; } ?>