April 20, 2024, 12:39:55 AM

Author Topic: Copa del Rey Final • FC Barcelona v Real Madrid • 20 April 2011  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Copa del Rey Final • FC Barcelona v Real Madrid • 20 April 2011
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »
Ronaldo to greedy it could have been 3 -0 Real.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 07:04:42 AM »
Ronaldo to greedy it could have been 3 -0 Real.

To girly is more like it. Ade came on and changed everything up top. Ronaldo couldn't hold the ball or beat anyone. Lost the ball almost everytime.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 10:15:53 AM »
wtf?! i would have thrown sergio ramos under the bus after it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHJ5EzXjVJI&feature=player_embedded

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 11:11:40 AM »
wtf?! i would have thrown sergio ramos under the bus after it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHJ5EzXjVJI&feature=player_embedded
What was it?

He dropped de trophy and the bus rolled over it.  >:(
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 11:19:17 AM »
LOLLLLLLLLLL!!

Nah boy, lol.  They having big celebration like they win the world cup just because they finally beat Barca... and then come to find out they drop de Cup under de bus.  When yuh eh used to thing eh boy :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
LOLLLLLLLLLL!!

Nah boy, lol.  They having big celebration like they win the world cup just because they finally beat Barca... and then come to find out they drop de Cup under de bus.  When yuh eh used to thing eh boy :rotfl: :rotfl:

lol Sergio Ramos again... He gone from always trying some chupidness on the field to trying the same nonsense off of it....balance the trophy on his head ..... STEUPPSSSS!!!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2011, 11:33:43 AM »
LOLLLLLLLLLL!!

lol Sergio Ramos again... He gone from always trying some chupidness on the field to trying the same nonsense off of it....balance the trophy on his head ..... STEUPPSSSS!!!!

Dai'z what he was doing?? lol  He coulda at least tie de trophy tuh dat li'l piece ah string he always wearing arung he head  :D

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »
From a big loss, to a draw, to a victory. Mourinho is a genius!
Give him 2-3 willing laborers in midfield, and some runners up front, and he will cause problems, just like when he had Inter.
Last weekend's draw really gave Real some confidence.
Now is real excitement for the next 2 games.

Btw: Arbeloa is a real wild man, long time now he kicking men down. If I was Villa ah woulda cuff him in he face.  
Ketch footballitis

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 11:43:42 AM »
From a big loss, to a draw, to a victory. Mourinho is a genius!
Give him 2-3 willing laborers in midfield, and some runners up front, and he will cause problems, just like when he had Inter.
Last weekend's draw really gave Real some confidence.
Now is real excitement for the next 2 games.

Btw: Arbeloa is a real wild man, long time now he kicking men down. If I was Villa ah woulda cuff him in he face.  

He doh need to cuff anyone, they have Dani Alves to kick men down.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »
What a dumbass!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2011, 01:30:40 PM »
This was the best game of football that I've seen in a long time.  The individual battles all over the pitch were mesmerizing.  Marcelo vs Messi, Kedira, Pepe and Alonso vs Iniesta, Pedro and Xavi, the damn keepers. Di Maria and Marcelo were lions, Pedro come out from the half and put down some dangerous moves.  Seein Messi, Villa and Xavi having bad touches was out of the ordinary.  There was a time when you could see they were rattled by Real's defensive play.
Great game and it sets the CL tie up perfectly.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »
LOLLLLLLLLLL!!

So excited to beat Barca dey drop de trophy  :rotfl:

On a serious tip, real looking forward to dem 2 games comin up, is like a Barca RM playoff series, nuff excitement  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mourinho Tactics vs Barcelona yesterday - Amazing!
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »
and who watch the Copa del Rey Final yesterday, again Mourinho has proved to be a master strategist.

case in point - watch the game that Pepe play yesterday. Pepe is Real Madrid's central defender next to Carvalho.
Yesterday, Mourinho decided to play Arbeloa, along with - Ramos - Carvalho - Marcelo in the back and bumped up Pepe even in front Alonso. Imagine preparing tactically for that switch in training, Barcelona were overpowered for large parts of the first half and first 15 of the second before he totally roast, but it totally unsettled them. His aggression and threat and power moving forward unsettled them immensely.
Guardiola was not prepared for that, I feel he woulda start Keita if he knew what would have unfolded.
As I was watching that game I was only wondering how long Pepe could keep up that intensity he was playing at, where he was single handedly running the middle of the field. It was like watching seniors vs U-17's. Barcelona had no answer for him.

But Pepe was a beast for 60 mins. Anytime Madrid got the ball they used him to overpower the Barcelona midfield and try to beat them with pace before they close down. then when Barca camp in their fav position just inside the opponent's half and play laterally around Xavi in the middle, Pepe was just trying to overpower and intimidate him.
The entire madrid team also play very physical, which was a breath of fresh air.

Is no wonder Mourinho get paid what he does, he knows his players sometimes better than they know themselves (knowing Pepe from Porto days helps too). This is the second time he outfox Barcelona (Inter last year) . That 5-0 hammering I sure still inspires him, but he has shown the class of a champion to move on and improve steadily from that. Just the other day, Marcelo was playing attacking midfield vs Tottenham.

Best coach in the world hands down.

To outcoach and beat the best playing team in the world with 2 different teams, well thats just crazy.

You get what you pay for in coaching.

Beenhakker used to switch Carlos to the left wing and confuse CONCACAF, then for the WC the stroke of genius of having him fall back at right back vs Sweden instead of bringing on a raw defender. Thats what separates decent coaches from geniuses. Half a coach work is knowing the strengths and limitations of his squad and using them effectively.

You can bet Mourinho has more tricks up his sleeves for the remaining 2 games.
That game yesterday was one of the best games I see in a while. Quality on both sides, passion, heart, and real strategy.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Mourinho Tactics vs Barcelona yesterday - Amazing!
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 03:02:57 PM »
yup he pretty much figure them out, is rel action them next 2 games
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »
Not the first time that he used Pepe in that role...and not the first time against Barca - he did it on the weekend too.  

But yeah that role is very disruptive and effective against a smooth passing team like Barca as Pepe is the ultimate wild man...ah tell ah partner yesterday he's like a mixture of giraffe, hyena and wild dingo....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »
Pep will revise his approach too... and Mourinho may have to keep adapting....It will be very interesting. 

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 03:28:10 PM »
The tactics were immediately visible, but Barca persisted. With Pepe playing higher up the field it force Iniesta to play deeper in Barca midfield thus nuetralizing (to a certain extent) his passing ability and more so the final ball. Barca was unable to play consistently in the second 18 and thus their attacking threat was not as effective. Finally Pep brought on Keita - playing the depper role - to allow Iniesta to push higher up the field. Busquet is more of a ball winner than he is able to make passes into Iniesta and Messi.

Real Madrid also matched Barca intensity in the first half, then in the second they allowed Barca to play, while Carvalho and Ramos together with Marcelo denied the entry ball. With the introduction of Adebayor, it gave RM a chance to push higher as he held the ball longer than Ozil and Ronaldo was doing. As the minutes ticked off, RM started playing and sending more and more players into the attack. Dani Alves who was consistently hurling himself forward was caught out by legs that were a bit more fresh from not pushing on in the 2nd half.

Jose showed brilliant game management, and his players bought into it 100%.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »
Real celebrate so much, they drop the cup under the bus and it get crush like a beer can. Dam! Hope it was not the goalkeeper holding it  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »
Ozil disappointed me twice when he got the ball on his right foot but hesitated or tried to bring it onto his left and lost it.
Also C. Ronaldo had a chance to volley from close in and completely missed.  He also wasted time trying to bring a ball that fell nicely for his left foot onto his right foot and the defender blocked him.
He isn't a pure striker, if that was Batistuta the net woulda buss no matter what foot it come on.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2011, 06:01:55 AM »
Truth be told I doh like Real including Cristiano of course but Barca has been getting real cocky they needed to be taken down a few notches ... this is perfect.
They are not unbeatable but you can't be intimidated ... the epitome of that is Pepe ..... that's how you step up and battle .... I've a question to peeps here ... do you guys feel DeMaria is faster than Cristine Ronaldo.
De Maria is fast becoming one of my fav players ... what a fighter!
Fan on Marcelo and Carvalho as well!

Mourinhoooooooo .... tactical master ... how do you get your team to go from losing 5-0 then bring them back to beat barca 1-0 in the cup final ... outstanding!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2011, 06:53:17 AM »
after waiting two days to watch dis game-and staying away from Sportscenter-yuh believe my tape of it ended in the first extra time!!!!

then ah had to come on forum to find out dat stupid Real win....de damn red-headed linesman shoulda keep he stupid flag down on Pedro's "MAGISTERIAL" goal:)

oh and Ramos is ah cacahole from waaaayyyy back!!!

I could watch dese two teams play every effing week!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2011, 07:46:54 AM »
I've a question to peeps here ... do you guys feel DeMaria is faster than Cristine Ronaldo.

Di Maria might be one of the quickest guys in the game today.  Always knew he was quick but I had no idea how quick before these last two games against Barca where he repeatedly burned Alves who is no sloth himself.  Good fighter with a deadly left foot but needs to work on his technique and balance...trips over his own feet and loses his footing very very easily.  His ball control is also under par for the level he's playing at.  He is the definition of raw talent... Hopefully they groom him well at Madrid- he can be a great winger.  As skilled as he is, Ozil is a little sloppy with the ball too sometimes

Marcelo is very talented but you never know which Marcelo is going to show up...The guy goes from looking genius to looking lost within the space of minutes.  Before these two matches he always shat himself against Barca.  Carvalho was always a boss.... He will be missed in the 1st CL leg against Barca (suspended) 

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »
Truth be told I doh like Real including Cristiano of course but Barca has been getting real cocky they needed to be taken down a few notches ... this is perfect.
They are not unbeatable but you can't be intimidated ... the epitome of that is Pepe ..... that's how you step up and battle .... I've a question to peeps here ... do you guys feel DeMaria is faster than Cristine Ronaldo.

Mourinhoooooooo .... tactical master ... how do you get your team to go from losing 5-0 then bring them back to beat barca 1-0 in the cup final ... outstanding!

I agree on making the team believe they could play and beat Barca, but I don't think their was any tactical master stroke (unlike Mourinho's Inter). Playing Pepe as a marker / holding midfielder was always an option, after all we saw the preview in WC 2010. Pepe did very much the same, to good effect vs Spain.
Real were quite fortunate in the second half due to Casillas heroics. This kept them in the game, while they were under extreme pressure. With Barca sensing Real being unstable they pushed for the goal taking risk. Barca got caught three time on the counter, twice on the Alves side. The second time DeMaria got behind Alves with a basic one two and the early cross was perfect to CR.

Meeting Barca now is a good time. They are not at their best, missing some key players, no depth on the bench for attack and Villa not on form.
Look out for the CL fire works.

On another note I was reading where Mourinho was not happy when the club bought Ozil (he did not want him). I bet he happy now. What a footballer!

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »

Truer words have never been spoken... Barca is the team I support in La Liga, but it have certain things they doing under Pep that I doh really like, starting with the Eto'o transfer... and like yuh say there is an element of cockiness creeping into their game that I ent really care for.  The games against Arsenal kinda put that on display fuh me and the one particularly at Camp Nou where the fans started whistling everytime Arsenal touch the ball... that was a li'l too obnoxious.  Of course what the fans do cannot be blamed on the players... but it's all part of the same... leads to be developing a negative vibes from watching them.  They definitely needed to be knocked down a couple pegs.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:38:39 AM by Bakes »

truetrini

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »

I agree on making the team believe they could play and beat Barca, but I don't think their was any tactical master stroke (unlike Mourinho's Inter). Playing Pepe as a marker / holding midfielder was always an option, after all we saw the preview in WC 2010. Pepe did very much the same, to good effect vs Spain.
Real were quite fortunate in the second half due to Casillas heroics. This kept them in the game, while they were under extreme pressure. With Barca sensing Real being unstable they pushed for the goal taking risk. Barca got caught three time on the counter, twice on the Alves side. The second time DeMaria got behind Alves with a basic one two and the early cross was perfect to CR.

Meeting Barca now is a good time. They are not at their best, missing some key players, no depth on the bench for attack and Villa not on form.

On another note I was reading where Mourinho was not happy when the club bought Ozil (he did not want him). I bet he happy now. What a footballer!

Pride alone should have been enough, one setta millionaire playing like girls..is time dey wake up..dey was lucky still.  For most of the game, they did not look like they believed they could beat Barca.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »

Pride alone should have been enough, one setta millionaire playing like girls..is time dey wake up..dey was lucky still.  For most of the game, they did not look like they believed they could beat Barca.

Remember Mourinho said last season that it's about position not posession. You can have the ball all you want if you oare not gonna score.

1]; } ?>