March 28, 2024, 10:49:27 PM

Author Topic: Pulis rejects Redknapp call  (Read 775 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Pulis rejects Redknapp call
« on: April 21, 2011, 01:08:37 PM »
I was excited to see KJ in this final, now I have my doubts about this game. Do you all think Pulis will try to lose this game on purpose?

Here is a fan thoughts on the different scenarios
hmmby says April 21, 2011 5:11pm I think this is absolutely absurd. It doesn't just affect Stoke, City and Spurs. Liverpool come heavily into play here too. If City finish 4th and win the cup. Stoke will get a European place. If City win the cup and finish 5th. Liverpool automatically go through to the Europa league. I guess at the direct expense of Stoke. So this is just stupid. This end of season fixture could result in 2 teams not getting into the 'right' European competitions. If City win the cup and in the final game of the season NEED to win to finish 4th. Obviously Stoke will NEED city to win otherwise they won't get their European place. Of course Pulis will lose the game. Why sacrifice a season of European football for 1 win against City??? And in turn, this will also throw Spurs into the Europa League and dump Liverpool out altogether. Just play the damn cup final at the end of the season where it's SUPPOSED to be played! This is all ridiculous!

Pulis rejects Redknapp call
Potters chief wants fixture to go ahead as planned

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has called on the Premier League not to change their rearranged fixture with Manchester City.

The two clubs were due to meet at Eastlands on FA Cup final weekend but their participation in the showpiece has forced a rethink and the game is now set for Tuesday, 17th May - in the final week of the domestic season.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has raised his concerns about the date of the game as he is concerned Stoke could benefit from not winning the match to gain a Europa League berth if they lose the FA Cup final.

However, Pulis has rejected Redknapp's concerns and insists Stoke will do their best whenever the game is played.

"I can see where he (Redknapp) is coming from but whichever team we send out will do their best," insisted Pulis.

Happy
"The fixture is there, we are happy with it, Manchester City are happy with it and it has nothing to do with anyone else."

If Stoke were to lose the FA Cup final, they could still qualify for next season's Europa League if City were to finish in the top four in the Premier League.

That would see City make the Champions League and mean they would not need the FA Cup's Europa League place, which would instead go to the Potters.

City are currently fourth, two points ahead of fifth-placed Spurs.

Pulis, though, believes the highly-competitive nature of the Premier League means it is impossible to predict the outcome of a specific game.

"Spurs have played Wigan twice this year, and Wigan have taken four points off them," added Pulis.

"Harry has picked a team on two occasions to win both games. You can never pick a game and say it won't be difficult. We will go out and do our best.

"If they shifted the fixture I would be more annoyed than Harry.

"Whichever team I pick I expect to win
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6887565,00.html

1]; } ?>