April 20, 2024, 03:01:31 AM

Author Topic: Referee Mohammed gets World Cup appointment  (Read 719 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Referee Mohammed gets World Cup appointment
« on: April 21, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
Referee Mohammed gets World Cup appointment
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Women assistant referee Cindy Mohammed has been appointed on the team of match officials for the 2011 Senior Women’s Women’s World Cup which runs from June 26-July 17.

Mohammed, who has been to several world tournaments, was elated upon receiving news of her appointment on the weekend and is looking forward to cement her position for the tournament.

She became a FIFA referee in 2002 and has so far officiated at the Under 20 Women’s World Cup in Russia 2006 and Chile 2008(semi final match) and made her first appearance at the senior women’s World Cup in China 2007 and the Beijing Olympics in 2008.

“I was excited and overwhelmed when I first got the news of my latest appointment.  It took me four  years of training and exams and to accomplish my goal f earning being appointment for  the World Cup,” Mohammed told TTFF Media on Wednesday.

The 38-year-old Mohammed from La Romaine was also appointed for the 2010 FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup but did not make the final cut after failing a fitness test mere days before the tournament due to an allergy problem.

“ Sometimes on the day of the fitness test is just not your day. Since then I have successfully completed two fitness tests in Trinidad and more recently in Portugal.

“The World Cup in Germany will be my second senior world cup and fifth overall and yes there will be a fitness test in Germany and I am confident that I will be successful in completing the test. Maintaining my fitness level is something I take very seriously and I am happy see all my hard work has paid off so far,” Mohammed added.

She is among nine referees from CONCACAF appointed to serve at the 2011 Women’s World Cup. The others are from Mexico, Canada, United States and El Salvador. Overall 51 match officials were appointed from the different confederations with 32 of them being assistant referees.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Referee Mohammed gets World Cup appointment
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
I ain't mean to sound sexist, but the ref ain't look bad at all...lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Referee Mohammed gets World Cup appointment
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
I ain't mean to sound sexist, but the ref ain't look bad at all...lol ;D ;D ;D

Boy, you read my mind yes  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>