April 16, 2024, 01:37:23 AM

Author Topic: Trinidad and money: Who has it?  (Read 7404 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and money: Who has it?
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:43:59 PM »
So due to another thread I was wondering who is the richest in T&T?  Answer.com says it's The Sabga Family.  I know many(not all)  rich make it on taking advantage of the middle class.  But how stable is T&T economy in the areas of production and investment?   Anyone dig up in this things?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad and money: Who has it?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »
Who"is taking advantage of the middleclass",I thought TT is a middleclass and poor society.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 09:17:05 PM »
"Middle class and poor"..really?   I'm not sure that is true brother.  There is money in T&T, I've heard.  I've just always wondered who benefited from the "Old Money" in T&T.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:04:31 AM »
Who"is taking advantage of the middleclass",I thought TT is a middleclass and poor society.

England per capita have more POOR people that T&T per capita...state benefits minding half ah allyuh.

Send me a picture of yuh hovel..ooops ah mean 3 bedroom with 2 bathroom, one upstairs and one downstairs please with the 2 ft garden in de back.....and de full exercise room...and oh, one with yuh gown and pointy tip hat on.....

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 08:58:26 PM »
And cane  ;D

But hey I trying to find out more info on Trinidad and money.  Did the slave owners move back to England? At Independence was any monies given to us from England?  Where do Trinidadians invest their money?  Do people who live abroad invest home etc. 

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »
A general and unscientific instructive for me personally is the number of NEW vehicles on the road.

In the latest central bank report there was an increase of new vechicle sales in the first quarter this year over the same period in 2010, a single digit percentage increase but an indicator nevertheless.

The fact that for a person to either pay cash for a vehicle or qualify for credit to acquire the vehicle is an indicator of the generally good position a fair percentage of the population are in.

I know there are other factors but the reality that most new vechicles cost in excess of 150,000 and really closer to 200,000 shows that. Back in the day a registration series 10,000 cars would take sometimes a year to turn over, now you get close to three new series in a calendar year, even with the roll on roll off autos being a lower ticket item, it can still range upward of 80,000 dollars.

I know that if i am in financial difficulty, my priority wouldnt be a new car.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
A general and unscientific instructive for me personally is the number of NEW vehicles on the road.

The fact that for a person to either pay cash for a vehicle or qualify for credit to acquire the vehicle is an indicator of the generally good position a fair percentage of the population are in.

I know there are other factors but the reality that most new vechicles cost in excess of 150,000 and really closer to 200,000 shows that. Back in the day a registration series 10,000 cars would take sometimes a year to turn over, now you 

yessir...and when I was young..rich people had a couple benzes or ah porsche in dey yard...ting wit relative affordability if yuh stretch yuhself,, plus the german mark was low back den

nowadays in t&t is flexotics

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 11:43:18 AM »
Ah feel like ah have to post meh whips yes....!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 12:00:57 PM »
How much for one of those cars in Trinidad Dutty?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
How much for one of those cars in Trinidad Dutty?

ah could only go on what people pay for them here..dem red cherries does start at abour $190k CAD

That aston martin is bout $250kcad,,,and judgin from the right hand drive steerin dem bring dat from england...so is pounds sterling dem spend
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 12:46:23 PM »
Given how bad TnT roads are, how spiteful some people are and how crazy some trinis does drive, buying a car like that and bringing it to trinidad is just plain stupid. The nose of that Ferrari definitely touching de rim of every pot hole it hit, on some roads in TnT...

I think de Ferrari owner operates a Pharmacy...!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:52:57 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »

Trinidad and money:  Who has it?
The Syrian –Lebanese and   Portuguese community has it .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »
I know this thread will end asking if black people in TT have money. Actually, they do have it. The problem is, they don't know how to keep it.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 01:39:34 PM »
I know this thread will end asking if black people in TT have money. Actually, they do have it. The problem is, they don't know how to keep it.

Jack does keep he own.....and everybody else own too

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 02:05:10 PM »

Jack does keep he own.....and everybody else own too

::)

Wow an Aston in T&T.  Those number must be in pounds because if it's in TT. then that car is around 41KUSD.  I'll trade in my Alero for for an upgrade.  :)

Anyone ever had any deals with this groups?  Who are the Titans of Industry now in Trinidad.  At one time it was like Kiperlani and some other big family businesses.  Who owns our natural gas and urea plants?  Anybody know?  Gov't?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »
So due to another thread I was wondering who is the richest in T&T?  Answer.com says it's The Sabga Family.  I know many(not all)  rich make it on taking advantage of the middle class.  But how stable is T&T economy in the areas of production and investment?   Anyone dig up in this things?

Nice try Mr Kidnapper.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »
Wow an Aston in T&T.  Those number must be in pounds because if it's in TT. then that car is around 41KUSD.  I'll trade in my Alero for for an upgrade.  :)

Aston is joke padnah...it have 3 holy rollers up and down de uriah butler

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »

Chinese next!!

Dutty so ah cool million TT for one of those?!?  That is the price of ah house at the crossings in Arima.
Well I guess ya could buy it here...dollar for dollar and put it in ah sea n land for home.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 03:53:24 PM »

Chinese next!!

Dutty so ah cool million TT for one of those?!?  That is the price of ah house at the crossings in Arima.
Well I guess ya could buy it here...dollar for dollar and put it in ah sea n land for home.

I don't know nah.  I don't trust it.  It to easy.  Are there such things as rejects Rolls? 

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »
Aston Martin Music...

When I was a young G....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:13:58 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »
When I was in Trini over Christmas I seeing Hummer and ting on de road normal. One of my boy's from High school (ah big entertainer now) driving Range Rover and ting. Ah say tuh myself, tings nice down here...I didn't personally notice any Aston Martin's or Rolls Royce but Benz, Beamers, etc. were seen regularly on the road so money coming from some where. Ah wonder if dem fella's wid dem big rides still living in dey mother house? Cuz wid all de money, I notice dias one ting ain change. Big man wid everyting flashy and dey still living wid dey mother lol.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »
Daft dem two whips is yours or yuh jus post two nice rides ;D

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »
Daft dem two whips is yours or yuh jus post two nice rides ;D

They are the wife's and mine... bought the viper in '07. Have a few more... People posting pics of Trini's cars so, as a true trini ah could not resist showing off... :beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 06:08:32 AM »
Nice try Mr Kidnapper.

:D

daft wha yuh have under the hood of that AM :drool:..V8 or V12?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 07:11:36 AM »
Aston Martin Music...

When I was a young G....

was in a Vet that was racing a viper from Niagara falls to toronto.. yea, I asked the driver to let me orf oui! I start seeing ah hospital bed with meh name on it.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »
Buh what De!!!!   Daft other than killing meh thread, yuh raise up ah whole set ah jealousy and envy with them two post.  :devil:

So it was you this fella was singing bout.

Kipirlani Kipirlani Kipirlani Kipirlani....Numbers Numbers Numbers Numbers....Delima Delima Delima Delima
Woodbroke, Rose Drugs, Stevens and Johnson's

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »

Chinese next!!

i must be the only poor chinee den  :'(

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »

Chinese next!!

Po Mi Wan is that you? :beermug:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »

Chinese next!!

Po Mi Wan is that you? :beermug:

lol.  i could only afford a mazda3.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 06:28:22 PM »
Crime and Drug People obviously have money. A few years ago I was in Switzerland and I saw Nankisson Boodram's wife. Though she pretended not to be Trini, it was her. To be residing there she had to have Dole's stash.

Correct is right in the Syrian/Lebanese thing. My cousin is married into dey family and they eh all that kosher.

1]; } ?>