April 16, 2024, 01:35:06 PM

Author Topic: One Show... Four Megastars  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
One Show... Four Megastars
« on: April 25, 2011, 04:46:45 AM »
One Show... Four Megastars
T&T Express Reports.

On Saturday May 14, 2011, Concerts International celebrates its 20th Anniversary concert in a never before seen combination in T&T. Four internationally acclaimed mega superstars come together for "The Ultimate Night of Romance and More" featuring Michael Bolton, Richard Marx, Rick Springfield and Survivor's Jimi Jamison.

Michael Bolton's last performance in 2009 at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya was completely sold out days in advance and left audiences mesmerised, now he's coming back again with a greatest hits show plus two new songs from his most recent album One Word One Love featuring the singles "Just one Love" and "Hope it's too late".

In addition to this latest CD, he has also released a DVD and CD titled "Live at Royal Albert Hall".

Michael Bolton, the multiple Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and social activist, who has sold more than 53 million albums and singles worldwide, is currently on a 115 city world tour spanning several continents, all while working on a myriad of genre- and style-spanning projects including work in film, television and musicals. Bolton remains committed to humanitarian causes — advocating for at-risk women and children for over 20 years through the Michael Bolton Charities as well as other social and political organisations. Known for his soulful voice and poignant lyrics, his timeless style, charm and good looks have also earned him a spot in several "People Magazine's Sexiest Man" issues!" Bolton credits his fans with being "the best in the world" and loves nothing more than bringing his timeless hits and classic brand to thrilled fans globally.

In recognition of his artistic achievements, Bolton has received two Grammys for Best Pop Male Vocal Performance, six American Music Awards, and a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. As a songwriter, he has earned over 24 BMI & ASCAP Awards, including Songwriter of the Year, nine Million-Air awards, and the Hitmakers Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Internationally renowned, Bolton has recorded and performed with musical icons that have inspired and influenced his own career. He joined Luciano Pavarotti on stage in a highly praised rendition of "Vesti La Giubba," and pays homage to the Italian tenor when performing the aria "Nessun Dorma" at each of his concerts while on tour Recently, Bolton performed duets with both Seal and Lara Fabian to standing ovations for a PBS special airing later.

A diverse and prolific songwriter, Bolton's songs have been recorded and performed by over 100 artistes, ranging from country western legend Conway Twitty to hip hop superstar Kanye West, who along with Jay-Z and John Legend have sampled his music! Michael has penned No. 1 hit singles impacting the careers of artistes such as Laura Branigan (How Am I Supposed to Live Without You), KISS (Forever), Barbra Streisand (We're Not Making Love Anymore), Cher (I Found Someone), and Kenny G (By the Time this Night is Over). Bolton has collaborated with some of the greatest songwriters of our time, Diane Warren, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, John "Mutt" Lange, Lady Gaga and Ne-Yo, among others.

To date, Bolton has seen eight studio albums rank in the Top Ten, with nine No. 1 singles. Bolton's true signature success was with the 6x platinum album Soul Provider, selling more than 12 million copies worldwide, and showcasing several chart-toppers including the No. 1 hit single "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You", which earned Bolton his first Grammy. This pivotal album also includes the hit singles "When I'm Back on My Feet Again", "How Can We Be Lovers", and "Soul Provider".

Soon after, Bolton released the No. 1 album Time, Love & Tenderness, which has sold over 16 million copies worldwide, and features his Grammy Award-winning vocal performance of the No. 1 blockbuster hit "When A Man Loves a Woman". This album also produced the hit singles: "Love Is a Wonderful Thing", "Time, Love and Tenderness" and "Missing You Now", as well as "Steel Bars".

Bolton followed this up with a collection of soulful classics on Timeless, delivering the hit singles "To Love Some Somebody" and "Reach Out I'll Be There." Timeless sold over 7 million copies worldwide!

From his next album The One Thing came Michael's massive single "Said I Loved You…But I Lied", which spent 12 weeks at No. 1 on the AC charts and earned him another Grammy Award nomination.

Michael's songs and performances have been featured in numerous television and film soundtracks, including the Oscar-nominated theme song "Go the Distance" from Walt Disney's blockbuster animated film Hercules. For more information 495-8200.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: One Show... Four Megastars
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »
Dem is Mega stars?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »
Who they catering for? What side of Trinidad? And if you notice, the whole article is only bout Bolton.

Furthermore, all these 80s performers only coming to Trinidad to get their 'groove' back! Half way through the performance they out of breath.  >:(

What happen to a little George Benson, Al Jarreau, Sade, Heather Headley, George Duke, Will Downing? I'll go as far as Billy Ocean, FourPlay, Jonathan Bulter, Phil Perry, Dira, Dave Koz?

Mix up the damn thing man!!! Rick Springfield? Not even Bruce? Wha dey arse!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:58:21 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 05:44:14 PM »
Who they catering for? What side of Trinidad? And if you notice, the whole article is only bout Bolton.

Furthermore, all these 80s performers only coming to Trinidad to get their 'groove' back! Half way through the performance they out of breath.  >:(

What happen to a little George Benson, Al Jarreau, Sade, Heather Headley, George Duke, Will Downing? I'll go as far as Billy Ocean, FourPlay, Jonathan Bulter, Phil Perry, Dira, Dave Koz?

Damn right they should not cater for that side .Only RnB or TnT.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:44:07 PM by Quags »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 05:45:53 PM »
Anyway what a nauseating show.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »

Bolton is the biggest draw and they bringing people who can sell out. These performers would pull the same crowd as Air Supply, Foreigner, Chicago and Survivor and them shows does sell out in Trinidad. Can't speak for how well the names you call will do but for this promoter this is a bankable line-up.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 05:14:01 AM »
Love it. I will be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:18 PM »
Good line up.

Billy Ocean will probably never perform in TT again. Had a very bad experience with certain people - to the point where a gun was put to his head.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 12:00:15 PM »
I like all kinds of music, but that is a sh*t line up...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »

:rotfl: The man eh make a decent piece ah music since 1981!!! Any way to each their own, nutten wrong with a little diversity. As long as they their fans make happand gov't ent subsidising it.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »

:rotfl: The man eh make a decent piece ah music since 1981!!! Any way to each their own, nutten wrong with a little diversity. As long as they their fans make happand gov't ent subsidising it.

I just noticed his song 'Jessie's Girl' is tracking on the itunes top chart at 158. No clue why. Must be they sang it on glee or idol.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »
Good line up.

Billy Ocean will probably never perform in TT again. Had a very bad experience with certain people - to the point where a gun was put to his head.

VB

Really? is only yuh own go do yuh...
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 07:51:33 AM »

How yuh could forget his late '80s comeback Rock of Life, a very manufactured reggae inspired mini-hit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkXMrjrX-ic?" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mkXMrjrX-ic?</a>
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »

How yuh could forget his late '80s comeback Rock of Life, a very manufactured reggae inspired mini-hit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkXMrjrX-ic?" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mkXMrjrX-ic?</a>

My sincere apologies!  :devil: I was touched by the raw spontaneous riffs and gritty urban realism of  'Rock of life'. A truly memorable rock anthem.
s   
Quote from: Sando link=topic=53524.msg737189#msg737189 date1303816441
Love it. I will be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuh going and throw yuh panties on stage?

Edit: Before allyuh cuss meh, I just kicksing eh...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:31:11 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>