April 24, 2024, 05:31:57 PM

Author Topic: Carlos facing car loss  (Read 16815 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos facing car loss
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2011, 02:51:20 PM »
Not to make excuses for Carlos, but in England from what i remember taxi service doh come now for now like in de States.. Yuh does actually hadda call them like at least 15 mins in advance and tell them what time to reach for, not call them when yuh ready.. Nowhere near as efficient and i dunno if they can be trusted like that in an emergency situation..

I could be wrong eh but thats what i remember.

Hope all goes well with the wifey.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »
carlos is to b blame about his stuff.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
WTF

giggsy11

« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2011, 04:57:36 PM »
He look for that. He should have had some car service in place when his wife not available to drive especially since his wife about tuh deliver. He needs tuh get the book thrown at him for thinking he can get over and making no attempt tuh creep even if he was tryin someting. That car is a dead give away.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »
Jeez Charles, so this is not so!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
So he couldna call the Rocket for a drop...or Jase slower than the cab...pure dotishness ....Good luck with that

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »
Edwards in Ipswich team to face West Ham today.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Carlos Edwards will line up for Ipswich Town in today’s English Championship Division fixture with West Ham United.

The former Wrexham player took the opportunity to clear the air regarding his status following reports that he could face time in jail after allegedly being caught behind the wheel in his BMW in Kesgrave despite being banned from the roads for a string of driving offences.

“I just want to make it clear that I was not in jail, I am not in jail and I’m getting ready for the game tonight with West Ham,” Edwards told TTFF Media, adding that he is now likely to have his one-year driving ban extended.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police on Monday night confirmed the footballer had been charged with the two driving offences and would appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on October 10.

Edwards was forced to get behind the wheels due to a family emergency.

“My wife is in the hospital at the moment and that’s the reason as she usually has been the one driving me before this,” Edwards said.

Edwards’ wife is expecting twins and had to be rushed to hospital recently and is still currently warded.

“Our fingers are crossed that all will be well with her. I will just continue to focus on my football at the moment. I’m in the team for this evening’s game and I’m looking forward to it,” he added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2011, 07:17:52 PM »
Although I am sympathetic with his situation and wish his wife well, he has no business behind a wheel.  He's made enough money that he should have never be driving a an uninsured vehicle and after putting himself in such a position he should rather pay a chauffeur than pay the court.  I love him as football player and appreciate his service to the Soca Warriors, but he is being a complete IDIOT and brings disgrace to himself and his country.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2011, 02:27:50 AM »
ah guess another one out for the next round of games.How much is that now 3?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:49:05 AM by royal »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2011, 03:15:50 AM »
Not to make excuses for Carlos, but in England from what i remember taxi service doh come now for now like in de States.. Yuh does actually hadda call them like at least 15 mins in advance and tell them what time to reach for, not call them when yuh ready.. Nowhere near as efficient and i dunno if they can be trusted like that in an emergency situation..

I've been to Ipswich, and if you're in the city centre, you can get a black cab on demand. If you're further outside, you'll need to call like you said. Either way though, he should have had some kind of plan in place.

And like everyone else, wishing his wife well  :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2011, 03:27:25 AM »
Allyuh hard on this site boy. after all this man has done for us, we cyar get behind the fella and give him the benefit of the doubt, even though he fackedup?

i don't know bout allyuh but izah regular fack up, so i have tuh say ah prayer for the brother and hope uncle cracker give him another bleigh, after all, i know how nice it is to receive mercy since i always steppin on meh own tail.  :worried:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2011, 04:12:21 AM »
Iron sharpeneth iron, dread.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
Allyuh hard on this site boy. after all this man has done for us, we cyar get behind the fella and give him the benefit of the doubt, even though he fackedup?

i don't know bout allyuh but izah regular fack up, so i have tuh say ah prayer for the brother and hope uncle cracker give him another bleigh, after all, i know how nice it is to receive mercy since i always steppin on meh own tail.  :worried:

Boy you does talk real mess. How can you support that? Is not de first time, this is like the 3rd time in less than a year. Utter :bs:   The first thing I does do every month is pay my Vehicles insurance, as a matter of fact it on automatic payment. You know why, cause my family must be able to use the vehicles whenever, plus I am dependent on my vehicles.

Big man is big man. Things like these is what a big man, a father, a husband, a professional should take care of with no problem.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »

Just Cool...dais why T&T is in the state it is in....you just give a perfect example right dey

This is not fack up #1...is #3

But yuh begging for bligh.... people should learn to accept consequences for their actions and be a bit more responsible.

Just like the people who does come on tv and bawl....he didnt mean to kill them...only rob them.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »

Just Cool...dais why T&T is in the state it is in....you just give a perfect example right dey

This is not fack up #1...is #3

But yuh begging for bligh.... people should learn to accept consequences for their actions and be a bit more responsible.

Just like the people who does come on tv and bawl....he didnt mean to kill them...only rob them.

Never worry man, i dun know where everyone coming from, as true as it might be, no one deserves to be incarcerated for ah traffic offense, only in the case of vehicular homicide.

like i said, i know where yuhs is coming from, but i have ah soft spot in meh heart for we ballers, and want tuh see dem do well and be well. hope he gets another bleigh, but next time (hopefully not) i will have tuh stay mum on the subject.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2011, 05:33:50 PM »
Carlos, doh study them fellas on d forum. Do yuh thing play yuh ball and keep safe.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »
Yeah just cool to be honest i feel where yuh coming from...

Ah mean everybody know that man mess up, he shouldn't be behind the wheel blah blah blah... but i aint understand the whole "he need to get lock up" and "sit him in jail" sentiment men coming here wid... At the end of the day that is WE player and i aint see how that helping we cause in any shape, form or fashion.

i aint shame to say i bias.

Is ah BLY i looking for oui!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »

Ah mean everybody know that man mess up, he shouldn't be behind the wheel blah blah blah... but i aint understand the whole "he need to get lock up" and "sit him in jail" sentiment men coming here wid... At the end of the day that is WE player and i aint see how that helping we cause in any shape, form or fashion.

...and how do you expect to understand it, given your admitted bias?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2011, 03:12:06 AM »

Breds, it have no bigger bias than with the ppl with mega power! sometimes yuh have tuh forget yuh profession and deal wid human sentiment. i doh give ah fork bout the system, if my loved ones commit ah crime that's "not so serious" and i zah lawman, they gettin ah big Bligh if i have anything tuh do wid it, bc that's what big influential ppl do for each other and with bigger criminal offenses that carry far bigger penalties.

that's why i couldn't be no law enforcement agent . bc i know the law is mainly for the small man who eh have no clout. like forinstance , chaney, bush, harry truman,  putin, ariel sharon, david ben gurian, golda meir, the shah of iran and J edgar hoover should've been brought up on war crimes charges, but only man like slovadan, pineapple face noriaga and saddam who end up in chains, that's bc they found themselves out of favor with the bosses, just like ah regular joe who commit ah minor traffic infringement as opposed to someone with ah PBA card who gets ah warning and ah Bligh to walk away with a reprimand.

how could i take this "law abiding" BS heartical when ah fella enriched with power and influence would never spend ah day in jail bc he have clout and friends on the inside who would make sure he's free like ah bald eagle in the colorado rockies after all is said and done.                   

the truth is stranger than fiction, so i've been told.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:24:34 AM by just cool »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2011, 06:41:37 AM »

Breds, it have no bigger bias than with the ppl with mega power! sometimes yuh have tuh forget yuh profession and deal wid human sentiment. i doh give ah fork bout the system, if my loved ones commit ah crime that's "not so serious" and i zah lawman, they gettin ah big Bligh if i have anything tuh do wid it, bc that's what big influential ppl do for each other and with bigger criminal offenses that carry far bigger penalties.

that's why i couldn't be no law enforcement agent . bc i know the law is mainly for the small man who eh have no clout. like forinstance , chaney, bush, harry truman,  putin, ariel sharon, david ben gurian, golda meir, the shah of iran and J edgar hoover should've been brought up on war crimes charges, but only man like slovadan, pineapple face noriaga and saddam who end up in chains, that's bc they found themselves out of favor with the bosses, just like ah regular joe who commit ah minor traffic infringement as opposed to someone with ah PBA card who gets ah warning and ah Bligh to walk away with a reprimand.

how could i take this "law abiding" BS heartical when ah fella enriched with power and influence would never spend ah day in jail bc he have clout and friends on the inside who would make sure he's free like ah bald eagle in the colorado rockies after all is said and done.                   

Driving without insurance and with out a valid license is very, very serious offence bredda. This cannot be downplayed like if he get a charge for cussing out ah police or something.

I can't get my mind around how Carlos REFUSE to buy insurance for his vehicles  ??? That is really mid boggling to me. I hope his wife never use to drive those vehicles.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »

Driving without insurance and with out a valid license is very, very serious offence bredda. This cannot be downplayed like if he get a charge for cussing out ah police or something.

I can't get my mind around how Carlos REFUSE to buy insurance for his vehicles  ??? That is really mid boggling to me. I hope his wife never use to drive those vehicles.

Common Elan why should he? After all he is Trini and plays for the national team, why shouldn't he be allowed tuh break the law several times and not suffer the consequences that a non Trini or professional athlete would get?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2011, 07:43:14 AM »
I doh wanna see Carlos make ah jail.

Can it be stated any simpler?

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2011, 09:39:12 AM »
Where's the Love ? ... ain't it easier to show empathy like ah few people on here than to assume the Moral High Ground by being sanctimoious. I tort this man was a human being & ah national hero.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »
Stupessss...It eh have no red band maxi or man pullin bull in Ipswich.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2011, 11:06:26 AM »

Yuh bragging about yuh doh give ah "fork" about de system... then later on yuh go cry about "de system" oppressing black people... de small people etc.  The law applies to all of us, some will be able to use their power to corrupt others, but that doesn't mean the law doesn't apply to them, there are countless examples the world over.  Now I see you even trying to ride fuh Slobodan Milosevic like he being targeted.  Yuh need to first educate yuhself about some ah deez men fella... Milosevic was a monster along the lines of Hitler... you really trying to say he shouldn't be prosecuted?

Unfortunately fuh you and Carlos... de price yuh pay fuh living in civilized society is that yuh have to give up some individual freedoms in the name of the greater good... in other words, yuh cyah just do yuh own thing, yuh have to abide by the laws of society.  As for those bawling about no man should make a jail for a driving offense, all that reveals is how shallow allyuh thinking is.  One of the reason for uniformed regulation of driving privileges is to uphold public safety by ensuring only those who are properly trained and licensed operate vehicles.  Vehicles have to be inspected to make sure they are safe and don't present a risk to the public. 

Insurance is necessary because accidents happen... and when they happen the losses can be devastating, both financially and personally.  Carlos is a millionaire, with he fancy car and dem.  Imagine some poor bloke who need his car in order to make a living or to get to or from work, and he get in an accident because of Carlos fault and his car get write off.  If his insurance wouldn't fully compensate him, you really trying to say that he should just suck it up and deal with it?  What if the man get paralyzed, who will pay for his care and compensate him for loss of earning potential?  Easy to say "Carlos rich, let them sue him."  The point of the law isn't to encourage litigation but to avoid it.  No need to further burden the system by forcing more cases into the courts.  Besides, suppose is not Carlos, but some other man who even if yuh sue yuh not collecting nutten... what then?  Hard luck?  No, that is what insurance is for.  Yuh can't allow people to pick and choose when they want to carry insurance.  And if yuh give a man chance after chance, warning after warning, fine after fine... and he STILL telling yuh he'll do he own thing... JAIL HE ASS.  Maybe then he'll learn.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Town star admits driving while disqualified
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:05 PM »
Town star admits driving while disqualified
By Josh Warwick (East Anglian Daily Times)

Blues star Carlos Edwards today pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified during a court appearance which came less than 48 hours after his wife gave birth prematurely to twins.

The 32-year-old will be sentenced on Thursday following the completion of a pre-sentence report.

He also admitted driving without insurance during a short hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court today.

On Saturday, Edwards’s wife gave birth to twins, weighing just 2lb each, at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridgeshire following complications during the pregnancy.

The tots are in an incubator and are being cared for by specialists at the hospital.

Magistrates were told Edwards, of Century Drive, Kesgrave, had endured a stressful time recently with his wife admitted to hospital several days prior to the twins’ birth.

The former Sunderland, Luton and Wrexham player has been commuting to and from Addenbrooke’s by train after his arrest on September 26.

It is understood his wife was initially moved to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital before being transferred to Chelsea and then on to Addenbrooke’s.

The Ipswich Town midfielder’s arrest and subsequent charge for driving while disqualified and without insurance came less than three months after he admitted a host of driving offences which earned him 22 points on his licence.

He was given an automatic year-long ban from the roads and £7,000 in fines.

After his arrest, a spokesman for Ipswich Town said the club understood there were “significant mitigating circumstances” surrounding the incident.

The Star understands Edwards rushed to be by his wife’s side in hospital in Chelsea immediately after Ipswich’s 1-0 win at West Ham last month.

The Trinidadian footballer, formerly of Coprolite Street, appeared before magistrates in June this year to admit two counts each of driving without a valid licence, with no insurance and without having an up-to-date MOT, and one count of failing to give information about the identity of a driver.

He had been caught driving a Mercedes M L320 CDI on the A14 near Bury St Edmunds on January 22, and was then spotted by police just six days later committing the same offences while driving a grey Range Rover along Duke Street on January 28.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »
Hope everything work out with the babies Carlos and hope the wife some comfort.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
Hope everything work out with the babies Carlos and hope the wife some comfort.

CO-SIGNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Suspended sentence for Edwards
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2011, 05:10:46 AM »
Suspended sentence for Edwards
TWTD.co.uk

Town right-back Carlos Edwards was given a 12-week prison sentence suspended for 12 months, a £2,500 fine and a further 18-month driving ban at South Suffolk Magistrates' Court this morning.

The Trinidad and Tobago international will also have to carry out 200 hours of community service and pay £85 in court costs as well as a £15 victim surcharge.

On Monday, the 32-year-old pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and without insurance.

Edwards, who was banned from driving for 12 months earlier in the year, was arrested close to his home in Kesgrave on September 26th after driving his daughter to school.

Edwards's wife Denille gave birth to premature twins weighing only 2lb on Saturday at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where they are currently in intensive care in incubators.

Town are due to release a statement later today.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »
I fraid for him... de way he keep slipping up  :'(

is jail next yuh know
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>