April 23, 2024, 11:57:46 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 124643 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »
The North, Central America and Caribbean Zone will contest play-off matches in June 2011 in order to reduce the number of teams included in the Preliminary Draw for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ in Rio de Janeiro on 30 July 2011.

The region’s ten lowest ranked teams according to March’s FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking were paired against each other to produce a series of five play-off matches which will be played on a two-legged, home and away basis.

Montserrat-Belize
Anguilla-Dominican Republic
US Virgin Islands-British Virgin Islands
Aruba-St. Lucia
Bahamas-Turks and Caicos Islands

The winners of these fixtures will join the remaining 25 higher-ranked teams from the region in the Preliminary Draw.

The first leg will be played on Friday 3 June, with the return leg scheduled for Tuesday 7 June.

The teams taking part in this extra preliminary round of fixtures and their rank in the region according to March’s FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking are as follows:

26. Belize
27. Dominican Republic
28. British Virgin Islands
29. St. Lucia
30. Turks and Caicos Islands
31. Bahamas
32. Aruba
33. US Virgin Islands
34. Anguilla
35. Montserrat

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1424713/index.html

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:12:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF teams kick off 2014 World Cup qualifiers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 02:30:36 PM »
Any of these games came off? I know the focus is on Gold Cup.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »
I kinda surprised T&T not among them teams.

Guess is only a matter of time.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:39:13 PM »

Fair point !.. and I agree, T&T should be in the same class with these teams, because when we meet St Vincent and Grenada in de next rounds is pure cut ass he we phefen.

Welcome back Palas !!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »
Allyuh full of sarcasm!!!!!!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »

Good idea Palos! At least we MIGHT win a few games!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »
Remember we could beat Belize- Thanks to Latapy.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 04:18:28 AM »
So i am going to guess that our football team in the cesspool atm since i have been gone for a bit. I was looking for them in the Gold Cup but i didn't see them so i guess i am supporting Mexico.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 07:02:17 AM »
So i am going to guess that our football team in the cesspool atm since i have been gone for a bit. I was looking for them in the Gold Cup but i didn't see them so i guess i am supporting Mexico.

Yeah dread.  You really been out of things for a while....at least yuh find a team to support. I eh even bothering to watch....steups!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »

Yeah dread.  You really been out of things for a while....at least yuh find a team to support. I eh even bothering to watch....steups!!

Wah happen Brown?, Yuh not supportin/watching Jamaica, dey playing a nice brand.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 10:05:31 AM »
NowI know how the J'cans feel during the Hex.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
Lol... I guess we have no choice but to support Jamaica. They are playing ok, so far. Richards, Shelton,  Demar are leading the entertainment crew.

Too bad Gwada's team is getting old. I guess we are going to lose them just like the great Martinique team of the early 2000 just vanished!
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 12:14:26 PM »
I watched the first half of Joe Public vs Monsterrat at the Larry Gomes yesterday (warm up for their WCQ at Ato Boldon on Wednesday against Belize). It was 1 - 1 at HT. Monsterrat's warm up and pre-game activity didn't seem so far removed from that of my fete match team. Joe Public's was more of what you'd expect.

Surprisingly Monsterrat weren't that bad going forward, shaky in defence but seemed to be playing to plan.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »

pfister will qualify with this team, watch and see 8)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »
finally...an international on trini soil!

WCup qualifying starts in Trinidad on Wednesday

By GRAHAM DUNBAR, AP Sports Writer
13 minutes ago

GENEVA (AP)—The road to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil officially begins Wednesday when the first qualifying match is played on Trinidad, the Caribbean island at the epicenter of a bribery scandal that’s shaken tournament organizer FIFA.

Three years before the tournament begins in Brazil, the first of 832 scheduled qualifiers features two low-ranked teams playing on neutral ground in suspended FIFA vice president Jack Warner’s home nation.

Because Montserrat’s home stadium doesn’t meet international standards, it faces Belize in a preliminary round, first-leg match in Couva that Warner is banned from attending.

Warner and former FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam are accused of paying or offering $40,000 in cash bribes to Caribbean voters in nearby Port of Spain last month. They deny the allegations.

Montserrat is among around 18 Caribbean Football Union members targeted in an ongoing FIFA investigation into the alleged bribes, but national team coach Kenny Dyer told The Associated Press that his players are focused only on their game.

“There is no distraction,” Dyer said Tuesday in a telephone interview. “There’s only one thing on their minds and that’s training and getting the right result.”

Dyer said the Montserrat squad listened to a pep talk from their federation president Vincent Cassell on Tuesday. At the same time, some of Cassell’s CFU colleagues were in the Bahamas to be interviewed by former FBI agents who are gathering evidence for FIFA’s investigation.

Bribery and World Cup football will compete for FIFA’s time and attention in the coming weeks.

Warner and bin Hammam’s expected date with the FIFA ethics committee in Zurich shapes as an unwelcome distraction before July 30, when the full World Cup qualifying draw is conducted in Rio de Janeiro where countries will discover their route to getting one of 31 spots available in Brazil in 2014.

First, there are preliminary matches in the North, Central American and Caribbean (CONCACAF) region and Asia for the likes of 202nd-ranked Montserrat and No. 172 Belize.

“It means a lot to them,” CONCACAF general secretary Chuck Blazer told The AP by telephone from New York. “It’s an exciting time for them. There’s a lot of attention focused on it.”

It was Blazer who sparked the corruption crisis by submitting evidence implicating his FIFA executive committee colleagues, but Dyer’s world is far removed from football’s power games.

“Some players are seeing each other for the first time,” said Dyer, whose squad of mainly England-based players includes just three attached to Montserrat clubs. The team last played a competitive match in October.

“We’ve got players that work in McDonalds, we’ve got accountants, a few full-time professionals, policemen,” said the 46-year-old Dyer, who played professionally in England and Cyprus. “It’s not easy trying to get players to play for Montserrat. But there’s national pride.”

Montserrat was devastated when the Soufriere Hills volcano erupted in 1995, one year before gaining FIFA membership, and its football culture has struggled since.

In three World Cup qualifying campaigns, Montserrat has never won a match, nor played on home ground.

That could soon change.

The reward for eliminating Belize could be a genuine home game at Blakes Estate stadium when CONCACAF qualifying resumes in September.

“That will be a first. The whole island will come to a standstill,” Dyer said. “Our field in Montserrat is one of the best I’ve ever seen, absolutely plush.”

In Asian qualifying, eight first-round matches begin June 29. A second preliminary round is then required to decide which 20 Asian Football Confederation members will be in the draw in Rio.

Europe’s 53 teams, including defending champion Spain, begin their qualifying groups in September 2012.

Nine South American teams begin their single-group program in October without Brazil, which qualifies automatically as host.

Africa has a preliminary round in November before a 40-team group phase starts next year.

Oceania kicks off in August with a tournament at the Pacific Games in New Caledonia.

CONCACAF’s powers, including the United States and Mexico, join play in June 2012.

Just four of FIFA’s 208 members opted not to enter: Asia’s Bhutan, Brunei and Guam plus Africa’s Mauritania.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 06:26:35 PM »
Monsterrat should try and get the use of all the players in the English leagues that are eligible for them....Nathan Dyer,Lloyd Dyer,Junior Mendes etc

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Finally, International Football Returns to T&T
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 01:08:47 AM »
Not only that, but the 2014 World Cup Qualifying will start in T&T as well.

http://guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/06/15/montserrat-belize-play-tt-tonight

Remember, this may be your last chance to see international football in T&T for a very long time so head over to Ato Boldon Stadium tonight at 6 (or 7, its not clear) ;D

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, International Football Returns to T&T
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 03:08:08 AM »
Worm, do you have a downlaod available for the JAmaica vs Honduras game?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:52:19 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, International Football Returns to T&T
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
Worm, do you have a downlaod available for the JAmaica vs Honduras game?

Yes I posted it on RBZ in the Honduras match thread

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »
FIFA warns Belize over government interference
Reuters

ZURICH, (Reuters) – Belize has been warned by FIFA that it could face sanctions over government interference in the country’s football federation as the national team prepare for the opening match of the 2014 World Cup qualifying competition.

The Central Americans take on Montserrat in Malabar, Trinidad on Wednesday in a CONCACAF zone preliminary round first-leg tie with the return match at home on Sunday.

Even if they win, Belize could be suspended at the end of  the month after the country’s government said it did not  recognise the local soccer federation (FFB) or national team.

“FIFA is monitoring the situation regarding the Belize Football Federation very closely,” soccer’s world governing body told Reuters by email yesterday.

“If the current situation of apparent governmental  interference is not resolved by 30 June 2011, it will be  referred to the FIFA emergency committee for evaluation and  potential sanctions.”

It is the latest controversy involving the North, Central  America and Caribbean region after the provisional suspension of  CONCACAF president Jack Warner by FIFA over bribery allegations  and the subsequent removal of acting president Lisle Austin for  an “apparent infringement” of CONCACAF statutes.

The Belize government said the FFB had failed to meet the  requirements for registration with the National Sports Council.

John Saldivar, Minister of Sports, said last week the  government had been in contact with the world governing body.

“I’ve written to the (FIFA) president (Sepp Blatter)…  reminding him that the government of Belize has an obligation to uphold the laws of Belize and urging him to convince the FFB to comply,” he told the website of the Channel Seven television station (www.7newsbelize.com) in an interview.

“We have already informed FIFA that the FFB is not authorised to represent our country. So whatever selection they have put together cannot play as the national selection of Belize.”

Today’s game is due to be played in Trinidad & Tobago as Montserrat does not have a suitable venue.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 07:38:07 PM »
FIFA warns Belize over government interference
Reuters

ZURICH, (Reuters) – Belize has been warned by FIFA that it could face sanctions over government interference in the country’s football federation as the national team prepare for the opening match of the 2014 World Cup qualifying competition.

The Central Americans take on Montserrat in Malabar, Trinidad on Wednesday in a CONCACAF zone preliminary round first-leg tie with the return match at home on Sunday.

Even if they win, Belize could be suspended at the end of  the month after the country’s government said it did not  recognise the local soccer federation (FFB) or national team.

“FIFA is monitoring the situation regarding the Belize Football Federation very closely,” soccer’s world governing body told Reuters by email yesterday.

“If the current situation of apparent governmental  interference is not resolved by 30 June 2011, it will be  referred to the FIFA emergency committee for evaluation and  potential sanctions.”

It is the latest controversy involving the North, Central  America and Caribbean region after the provisional suspension of  CONCACAF president Jack Warner by FIFA over bribery allegations  and the subsequent removal of acting president Lisle Austin for  an “apparent infringement” of CONCACAF statutes.

The Belize government said the FFB had failed to meet the  requirements for registration with the National Sports Council.

John Saldivar, Minister of Sports, said last week the  government had been in contact with the world governing body.

“I’ve written to the (FIFA) president (Sepp Blatter)…  reminding him that the government of Belize has an obligation to uphold the laws of Belize and urging him to convince the FFB to comply,” he told the website of the Channel Seven television station (www.7newsbelize.com) in an interview.

“We have already informed FIFA that the FFB is not authorised to represent our country. So whatever selection they have put together cannot play as the national selection of Belize.”

Today’s game is due to be played in Trinidad & Tobago as Montserrat does not have a suitable venue.

tell FIFA to hull dey behind no one is above the law.If a gov't has a law or stipulation to do certain things who de hell is FIFA to tell a gov't dey have to recognize this group if they didn't meet the criteria.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 07:50:20 PM »
This is what I have been saying all the time. By FIFA saying gov't can't touch the local affiliation, this in itself has made many of the local officials think they above the law.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »
15 June 2011

Montserrat                              Belize
      2                                         5
  Jay LEE HODGSON (44' 86')         Deon McCAULEY (24' 74' 83')
                                              Harrison ROCHES (50')
                                               Elroy KUYLEN (53')

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 06:58:36 PM »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »
This is what I have been saying all the time. By FIFA saying gov't can't touch the local affiliation, this in itself has made many of the local officials think they above the law.

Yet FIFA willing to put their hand out and take Government money when they
have competitions in that country, or funding for the sport teams. It is a contradiction
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »
So with the World Cup 2014 Draw on Saturday what would be T&T's Soca Warriors chances of topping their group and advancing to the third stage of World Cup qualifiers.

What if T&T's group had:

2nd Round                 or         2nd Round
         T&T                                        T&T
       Guatemala                               Guyana
        Barbados                             Cayman Islands
       St. Lucia                                Bahamas

THIRD ROUND                            THIRD ROUND
                        MEXICO                                               HONDURAS
                        JAMAICA                                               JAMAICA
                          T&T                                                      T&T
                        PANAMA                                                CANADA

GOOD LUCK!!!!! ;D   

jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »
So with the World Cup 2014 Draw on Saturday what would be T&T's Soca Warriors chances of topping their group and advancing to the third stage of World Cup qualifiers.

What if T&T's group had:

GOOD LUCK!!!!! ;D   

study Jamaica chances of advancing to the hex .. you would  be gone for another four years at the end of 2012 ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 12:21:01 PM »

What if T&T's group had:

GOOD LUCK!!!!! ;D   

study Jamaica chances of advancing to the hex .. you would  be gone for another four years at the end of 2012 ;D
So you're saying T&T will get 6 points from Jamaica. However, that is, if the permutations work out in your favour and T&T top their group since only the group winner will advance.
Then you won't have to worry about the HEX . ;D

jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »

What if T&T's group had:

GOOD LUCK!!!!! ;D   

So you're saying T&T will get 6 points from Jamaica. However, that is, if the permutations work out in your favour and T&T top their group since only the group winner will advance.

Money, T&T has ah better chance of pairing up in with mexico or the USA as seen so many times in the past. i seriously doubt that they would put the top three caribbean teams in the same grouping. T&T , jamaica and haiti.

T&T would more be paired with either canada, mexico or USA since these three north american teams will not be in the same group. last campaign i was surprised to see canada and mexico in the same group, but you would never see T&T and jamaica in the same semi final group, it just don't make good sense.

PS: be carful what yuh wish for, it may prove disastrous.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »

What if T&T's group had:

GOOD LUCK!!!!! ;D   

Money, T&T has ah better chance of pairing up in with mexico or the USA as seen so many times in the past. i seriously doubt that they would put the top three caribbean teams in the same grouping. T&T , jamaica and haiti.

T&T would more be paired with either canada, mexico or USA since these three north american teams will not be in the same group. last campaign i was surprised to see canada and mexico in the same group, but you would never see T&T and jamaica in the same semi final group, it just don't make good sense.

PS: be carful what yuh wish for, it may prove disastrous.
For the third round any grouping is possible like the last qualifiers when an outdated ranking was used to select the groups. And with the new format this puts the second round top CONCACAF teams at greater risks of being knocked out by one of the smaller Caribbean teams.     
jjbrown

1]; } ?>