April 27, 2024, 06:21:58 PM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 125102 times)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #390 on: October 12, 2012, 08:31:56 PM »
Shelton, like he had lead in his feet. He should never have allowed that defender to recover and get in the tackle.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 12, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »
forever a treasonist but in the international news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/guyana-manager-misses-flight-coach-174300242--sow.html

Guyana arrived in Houston for its World Cup qualifying match against Mexico sans team manager Jamaal Shabazz, who missed the flight for "personal reasons," according to his assistant.

Wayne Dover admitted that while he could take the lion's share of duties away from Shabazz for the match, they will use an alternate strategy in order to allow Shabazz control at the BBVA Compass Stadium: Skype.

"There are technology systems [Skype] that will allow him to communicate with the group," stated Dover. "The players here know the style of play, and I'm sure they'll give a great exhibition," he continued.

Guyana is currently in last place of the group the nation shares with El Salvador, Costa Rica and Mexico. El Tri has already qualified for the final hexagonal round.

"They're a superior team, they're at all the World Cups," said Dover about his next opponent, adding that the experience will ultimately benefit the South American team.

The first match between Mexico and Guyana ended with Jose Manuel de la Torre's boys notching a 3-1 win at the Estadio Azteca.
Well sure enough I'm watching the match and its Wayne "Wiggy" Dover managing the team.  I seriously have to wonder if Shabazz is on the "do not allow in the country" list.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:34:42 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 12, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
Jamaica playing real fackin good, i'm pleasantly surprised.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 12, 2012, 08:55:35 PM »
Buh, wha de arse goin' orn with Guyana. They have conceded five goals in eight minutes! Mexico scored its first in the 77th minute and its fifth in the 85th!

:o

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 12, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »
forever a treasonist but in the international news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/guyana-manager-misses-flight-coach-174300242--sow.html

Guyana arrived in Houston for its World Cup qualifying match against Mexico sans team manager Jamaal Shabazz, who missed the flight for "personal reasons," according to his assistant.

Wayne Dover admitted that while he could take the lion's share of duties away from Shabazz for the match, they will use an alternate strategy in order to allow Shabazz control at the BBVA Compass Stadium: Skype.

"There are technology systems [Skype] that will allow him to communicate with the group," stated Dover. "The players here know the style of play, and I'm sure they'll give a great exhibition," he continued.

Guyana is currently in last place of the group the nation shares with El Salvador, Costa Rica and Mexico. El Tri has already qualified for the final hexagonal round.

"They're a superior team, they're at all the World Cups," said Dover about his next opponent, adding that the experience will ultimately benefit the South American team.

The first match between Mexico and Guyana ended with Jose Manuel de la Torre's boys notching a 3-1 win at the Estadio Azteca.
Well sure enough I'm watching the match and its Wayne "Wiggy" Dover managing the team.  I seriously have to wonder if Shabazz is on the "do not allow in the country" list.

The man blow up ah country, was traveling to and from the US on he brother passport and was detained for a couple weeks. What you expect.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 12, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
Well taken penalty by Shelton. Especially considering the fact that the Guatemalan keeper tried to put him off with his antics in the goal. He makes up for that miss in the first half.

1-1.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 12, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »
Steups. Guatemala scored to make it 2 - 1 in the 85th min.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2012, 09:53:59 PM »
Jamaica may have taken more corners, but Guatemala makes one count.

2-1 Guatemala. Jamaica was way too casual.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »
allyuh antiguans crying? allyuh see how big team does play ? to di end.. well done usa now just beat Guatemala fi mi and JA need to put 4 on A&B fi mi..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 12, 2012, 10:20:55 PM »
Remember that Antigua has a USL team.. That explains their progress. They might spoil it for Jamaica.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 12, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »
Remember that Antigua has a USL team.. That explains their progress. They might spoil it for Jamaica.
JA guh put about 4 on A&B .. di only problem is dat if USA and Guatemala play for a tie JA will be out.. JA need to win by 3 plus goal and Guatemala or USA needs to loose by 1-0 margin for JA to go thru.. this group aint dun as of yet..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 12, 2012, 10:31:48 PM »
JA guh put about 4 on A&B .. di only problem is dat if USA and Guatemala play for a tie JA will be out.. JA need to win by 3 plus goal and Guatemala or USA needs to loose by 1-0 margin for JA to go thru.. this group aint dun as of yet..
war

I wouldnt be surprised if the U.S and GUA play for a tie. But ANT national team gets to play together often, plus they are playing against decent competition in the USL. They can make it difficult for JA though.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2012, 10:37:21 PM »
war

I wouldnt be surprised if the U.S and GUA play for a tie. But ANT national team gets to play together often, plus they are playing against decent competition in the USL. They can make it difficult for JA though.
dats true but jamaica plays better football when they go all out instead of playing the counter attack football. A tie between USA and Guatemala will put them thru and ja out....
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 13, 2012, 08:57:06 AM »
PS: I'm of the opinion yuhs will go to antigua and get nothing, let me see if you would show your face then

;D
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 13, 2012, 12:04:24 PM »
Jamaica is not we warriors no way will Antigua spoil it in Jamaica.
war

dats true but jamaica plays better football when they go all out instead of playing the counter attack football. A tie between USA and Guatemala will put them thru and ja out....
war

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 13, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »
PS: I'm of the opinion yuhs will go to antigua and get nothing, let me see if you would show your face then

;D

Where were you when yuh went to Kingston a few weeks ago?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 13, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »

;D

Where were you when yuh went to Kingston a few weeks ago?
Doh mind he! the US scored in the 90th min tuh scrape off ah win against "ANTIGUA BARBUDA"!! i'm of the opinion that come the hex the US will eat real licks and may not even qualify in the top three, they might have to play oceana for ah spot if they're lucky.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 13, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
Antigua and USA all tied up 1-1 with 85 mins left.  :rotfl:
Ah guess the laugh is on me.   :frustrated:

Business as usual...
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 13, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »

Business as usual...
Listen guy, it takes ah big man to admit guilt, i will never stay here and say that the US is ah sh!t team, on the contrary, i will always give props to them for their approach to the game and the level of heart and endurance they have is outstanding, as a matter of fact, they are the best team in concacaf as far as work ethic go, and yes, the USMNT is ah BIG BIG team,

but i can't help but hate them for their unmitigated gall to think that they could just condescend on the rest of cancacaf, and think that they can run neck and neck with the rest of the world super powers of football! yes donovan is real good, and so is dempsey, and you also had some fantastic players over the yrs, fellas like reyna, mc bride, koby jones, KC keller, johnathan specter and harks just to name ah few.

these players as with most US players are technically strong and could hold their own, but with all that, the only reason yuhs guys are better than lets say, a jamaica or a panama is bc these countries don't have infrastructure like mexico to develop their game, but give it time, i predict in the very near future the US would be catching hell to qualify just like argentina does in comebol.

did you see how they catch hell to beat antigua barbuda? expect more of the same in the future. enjoy the ride for now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:05:05 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »
One more thing, without dempsey and donovan , your team sucks!  GOD help you when those guys stop playing.

Offline Soccerpro

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »
quote author=just cool link=topic=53534.msg826304#msg826304 date=1350154949]

Business as usual...
Listen guy, it takes ah big man to admit guilt, i will never stay here and say that the US is ah sh!t team, on the contrary, i will always give props to them for their approach to the game and the level of heart and endurance they have is outstanding, as a matter of fact, they are the best team in concacaf as far as work ethic go, and yes, the USMNT is ah BIG BIG team,

but i can't help but hate them for their unmitigated gall to think that they could just condescend on the rest of cancacaf, and think that they can run neck and neck with the rest of the world super powers of football! yes donovan is real good, and so is dempsey, and you also had some fantastic players over the yrs, fellas like reyna, mc bride, koby jones, KC keller, johnathan specter and harks just to name ah few.

these players as with most US players are technically strong and could hold their own, but with all that, the only reason yuhs guys are better than lets say, a jamaica or a panama is bc these countries don't have infrastructure like mexico to develop their game, but give it time, i predict in the very near future the US would be catching hell to qualify just like argentina does in comebol.

did you see how they catch hell to beat antigua barbuda? expect more of the same in the future. enjoy the ride for now.
[/quote]

What gives you the idea that other countries are catching up to the u.s.a? The only country I can see (outside of the minnows) that has gotten a lot better is Panama. The U.S.A has played a few bad games, so what? It happens. Every other team except Panama and Mexico aren't improving. The MLS clubs are now only starting to turn out decent graduates. Who isn't to say their team won't get better in the future?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 14, 2012, 07:49:32 PM »
Jamaica iz in trouble it seems, still could qualify, but they have to beat antigua by 3 clear goals, and hope the US beat antigua,

or they could hope that the US do them a favor and put ah proper cut arse on guatemala by @ least three clear goals, in which case jamaica would just need a win to advance.   
good luck to them.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 14, 2012, 08:31:24 PM »
Jamaica iz in trouble it seems, still could qualify, but they have to beat antigua by 3 clear goals, and hope the US beat antigua,

or they could hope that the US do them a favor and put ah proper cut arse on guatemala by @ least three clear goals, in which case jamaica would just need a win to advance.   
good luck to them.

The U.S will probably prefer playing GUA in the hex instead of JAM. I wouldnt be surprised if US and GUA play a very conservative match. I predict a 0-0 score.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 14, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »

good luck to them.

The U.S will probably prefer playing GUA in the hex instead of JAM. I wouldnt be surprised if US and GUA play a very conservative match. I predict a 0-0 score.
That will be sensible football by USA. Playing Jamaica in Kingston for any team besides panama is trouble.... No team plays better than Jamaica and mexico at home in concacaf .Remember if  USA loose to Guatemala and Jamaica beats A&B by 4 goals they will qualify over USA...   usa have scored one in Jamaica and jamaica has scored none in U.S Soil. Guatemala and Jamaica both had scored away from home  against each other....here is the group standings..
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/standings/index.html
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:01:54 PM by warmonga »
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 15, 2012, 08:12:14 AM »
Jamaica really shit dung themselves this rounds boi.. wey easy freeking group like this and they making it hard yet again.. JA has owned Guatemala only to gave up 3 points to them in a world cup qualifier. Antiga almost beat them In antigua last world cup qualifier.. it nuh look good at all for mi Other team here sah...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 15, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
Jamaica really shit dung themselves this rounds boi.. wey easy freeking group like this and they making it hard yet again.. JA has owned Guatemala only to gave up 3 points to them in a world cup qualifier. Antiga almost beat them In antigua last world cup qualifier.. it nuh look good at all for mi Other team here sah...

war
::) Everyone also said it was an easy group for the US but Jamaica's Reggae Boyz took 3 points from them and at least give themselves an advantage to qualify for the HEX in Jamaica's last game at home in The Office against  Antigua & Barbuda. And with the less than impressive display by the US not easily dominating the group as predicted by many. The onus will be on them to beat Guatemala in front of a sold out Sam's Army home support since they can also be eliminated. The US likes to win at everything because they believe they are the best at everything and they will want to prove it against Guatemala.
The Reggae Boyz will go all out against A&B the second the whistle blows tomorrow. I won't guess how many goals the Reggae Boyz will score, but at the end of 90-plus minutes Jamaica's Reggae Boyz will qualify for the HEX at the expense of the US or Guatemala. It's likely to be Guatemala. ;D       
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 15, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »

war
::) Everyone also said it was an easy group for the US but Jamaica's Reggae Boyz took 3 points from them and at least give themselves an advantage to qualify for the HEX in Jamaica's last game at home in The Office against  Antigua & Barbuda. And with the less than impressive display by the US not easily dominating the group as predicted by many. The onus will be on them to beat Guatemala in front of a sold out Sam's Army home support since they can also be eliminated. The US likes to win at everything because they believe they are the best at everything and they will want to prove it against Guatemala.
The Reggae Boyz will go all out against A&B the second the whistle blows tomorrow. I won't guess how many goals the Reggae Boyz will score, but at the end of 90-plus minutes Jamaica's Reggae Boyz will qualify for the HEX at the expense of the US or Guatemala. It's likely to be Guatemala. ;D       
Ah hope so for your sake.

the last semis allyuh got booted out on goal difference and yuh bawl how jack put allyuh in the group of death, now that allyuh is almost in the same predicament as us the last semis where we had USA, guatemala and cuba (antigua barbuda being the same calabre as cuba), now let me see who uno will blame this time around for not making the hex.

BTW, good luck, i'm routing for yuhs guys, yuh better pray the US cream guatemala, bc they will come out fighting like wild animals since they missed the last hex.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 15, 2012, 03:58:13 PM »

war

the last semis allyuh got booted out on goal difference and yuh bawl how jack put allyuh in the group of death, now that allyuh is almost in the same predicament as us the last semis where we had USA, guatemala and cuba (antigua barbuda being the same calabre as cuba), now let me see who uno will blame this time around for not making the hex.

BTW, good luck, i'm routing for yuhs guys, yuh better pray the US cream guatemala, bc they will come out fighting like wild animals since they missed the last hex.
Unfortunately, it was indeed Jack that things worked out the way they did against Jamaica and now the whirlwind has returned to lashed T&T with the misfortune of Jack no longer at the helm of the ship.
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »

war

Unfortunately, it was indeed Jack that things worked out the way they did against Jamaica and now the whirlwind has returned to lashed T&T with the misfortune of Jack no longer at the helm of the ship.
Don't be ah dunce fella, jack and capt burrell is the best of friends and pardners in crime, yuh think jack will do in his gangster friend like dat??

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 15, 2012, 04:38:44 PM »

war

Don't be ah dunce fella, jack and capt burrell is the best of friends and pardners in crime, yuh think jack will do in his gangster friend like dat??

And yet Jack still screw Burrell everytime Jamaica was placed in a tough group. You just don't want to believe that Jack was the greatest spin-doctor in CONCACAF. Look at what he has done the the TTFF. :banginghead:
jjbrown

1]; } ?>