April 29, 2024, 03:48:40 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 125342 times)

truetrini

Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #690 on: March 22, 2013, 10:06:16 PM »
Ball bouncing still yes

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 22, 2013, 10:06:53 PM »
Under all the shit talk...Costa Rica is to blame!   When the Match Commissioner called the game and there was a pause, why de f**k dem eh walk off the pitch?

Exactly!! Naive?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 22, 2013, 10:25:26 PM »
final score?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 22, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 22, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
Under all the shit talk...Costa Rica is to blame!   When the Match Commissioner called the game and there was a pause, why de f**k dem eh walk off the pitch?

Sometimes yuh does watch these teams play against the usa and yuh does REALLY be left arkskin' yuh self if money didn't pass.....Not only were Costa Rica (suspiciously) more than gracious to accept these playing conditions, but how in the world they could look SO uncomfortable in these conditions and the americans look SO completely opposite?  I cyah understand dat.....usa was knockin' the ball aroung and finding open space to receive passes like if CR was playing a man or two short. WTF?!?!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 22, 2013, 10:44:13 PM »

Match Commissioner only has the authority to determine whether the game should be played.  Once the ball is kicked off the decision lies with the ref.  But yeah, not sure why Costa Rica agreed to continue playing under circumstances that clearly didn't favor them.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 22, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »
Some of you guys are f**king pathetic... 

Is it not the right of USA to play their HOME game wherever they feel it may benefit them best ? If they play in a warm state / anything south across America odds are the stadium would be half Costa Rican Immigrants therefore losing the 12th man

Why none of allyuh complain about Azteca and never say Mexico desperate when they make teams play above sea level and they cant breathe ?

Dont let your true emotions towards the country USA overshadow common sense and football... its simply home advantage and it f**king worked..3 points

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 22, 2013, 11:07:16 PM »
From the words by BM fook Jamaica dont give ah crap if they  qualify or the scores of their game just fook jamaica

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 22, 2013, 11:19:29 PM »

Is it not the right of USA to play their HOME game wherever they feel it may benefit them best ? If they play in a warm state / anything south across America odds are the stadium would be half Costa Rican Immigrants therefore losing the 12th man

Why none of allyuh complain about Azteca and never say Mexico desperate when they make teams play above sea level and they cant breathe ?

Dont let your true emotions towards the country USA overshadow common sense and football... its simply home advantage and it f**king worked..3 points

That amount of snow i dont even think the US federation would have anticipated but yes they have a right to play wherever they choose. I would more relate the potential to stop the match to that of a water logged field, where essentially the field is not in match condition rather than any risk to player safety.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 23, 2013, 12:47:51 AM »
Furious Costa Rica to protest after snowy defeat to U.S.

By Simon Evans

DENVER, Colorado, March 23 (Reuters) - Furious Costa Rica coach Jorge Luis Pinto said it was an "embarassment to football" that Friday's World Cup qualifier with the United States was played in strong snow, while his federation promised to make an official protest.

The U.S. won 1-0 but Pinto was riled the game was played on a snowy field with a covering that became deeper as the game wore on.

"It was an embarrassment to football, disrespectful to the game," an animated Pinto told reporters.
The game was played at the 19,374 capacity Dicks Sporting Goods Park, home of Major League Soccer's Colorado Rapids, nestled at the foot of the Rockie Mountains.

Pinto said the "legal conditions" for playing the game were not in place and a Federation official told Costa Rican media that an official protest would be made to FIFA on Saturday.

The referee stopped the game briefly in the 55th minute but only to ask ground staff to clear snow from the pitch markings and the game resumed after a few minutes.

Costa Rica's players showed little dissent on the field, going close to an equaliser in the second half, but they vented their anger after the game.

"Honestly, it was robbery, a disgrace, I've never played a game in these conditions," said midfielder Cristian Bolanos, who plays with Danish club FC Copenhagen.

"You couldn't see the ball ... if we had played without snow, we would have won, I am sure," he said.
Striker Alvaro Saborio, who plays in Major League Soccer for Real Salt Lake, concurred.

"We couldn't play in those conditions, they should have stopped the game in the first half," he said.
Had the game been abandoned it would have had to be finished in the following 48 hours, causing a logistical problem for both teams who play again on Tuesday.

U.S. Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati felt the referee had made the right decision.
"Frankly, (stopping) would not have been to the advantage of either of the two teams, since they both play on Tuesday," Gulati told reporters.

"Obviously you worry about the safety of players and being able to see the ball. The referee and the match commissioner made the decision that the game could continue and I think it was the right decision," he said.

Gulati said the decision to play in Denver in March had not been based on any desire to have difficult wintry conditions for Central American opponents, but was mainly due to the desire to spend a week at altitude before a game in Mexico City on Tuesday.

"If the thought is that we want to play Costa Rica in a situation where it could snow, then there are some places that maybe could have been better, like Boston or somewhere," he said. (Reporting By Simon Evans. Editing by Patrick Johnston)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-furious-costa-rica-protest-snowy-defeat-u-061548911--sow.html

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 23, 2013, 06:18:53 AM »
Honduras 2 vs Mexico 2
Jamaica 1 vs Panama 1
USA 1 vs Costa Rica 0

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts

Honduras 2 1 1 0 4 3 4
USA 2 1 0 1 2 2 3
Panama 2 0 2 0 3 3 2
Mexico 2 0 2 0 2 2 2
Jamaica 2 0 2 0 1 1 2
Costa Rica 2 0 1 1 2 3 1

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 23, 2013, 08:35:15 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 23, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »
Ha ha ha ha @ Tallman pic

I actually find the US ent play nothing in the second half and CR thought they had them thais why they continue to play. Now you want to complain and protest. Hard luck.

Fack America though
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 23, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
Snowball- not football!!!! Cr time alluh see the conditions - walk- if they disqualify yuh then protest. I wonder what are the  FIFA bylaws regarding acceptable playing conditions for football at this level? ummm maybe it is all contingent on the alleged  close door payments  certain FIFA officials may be alleged to be receiving on reported match fixing.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #704 on: March 23, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »

Why was the game not called off? Wtf
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #705 on: March 23, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »
green lines on a white field

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 24, 2013, 07:42:42 AM »

Co-signed!  8)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 24, 2013, 09:25:03 AM »
After all teh Jamaicans who does come on here to rub slat in a decaying wound (TTFF- we football0 next to use BM quote Fa k USA- ZEPPO go find ah yankee board and bump all yuh gums nah

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 24, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »
The USA has alrights to play where they see fit for the gain. But the US saying CR uses midday time to play WC games CR is a joke. Hot weather is not an issue for the US. I have seen US played WC games at midday. That has to do more for TV wanting to play the game for ratings. I have seen midday games in RFK and Miami in midday to 2.:00pm. US just can't habdle the ethnic fans coming to support the opponents. If the they did not have a game on Tuesday coming, the game might have been postpone until today

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 24, 2013, 10:50:32 AM »
Denver was chosen so we could prepare at altitude for Mexico.

Saying the weather worked to our advantage? Well, show me a team in the region that doesn't try to get any advantage they can from their own climate. Or altitude, or blistering heat, or tropical rain, or intimidating crowds, or poor playing surface, etc...

Welcome to CONCACAF.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

truetrini

« Reply #710 on: March 24, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »
Zeppo, I support the US I am a US citizen, but that was shit!  Game should have been called...oh gosh man.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 24, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »
Stueps there is a difference between and bad pitch and a pitch that totally unplayable. Can't believe what I reading Stueps!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 24, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »
I remember Premier League games being threatened to be postponed for less snow.

So Zeppo, your argument is weak.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #713 on: March 24, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
The USWNT played Mexico in similar conditions in Utah a couple years ago.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 24, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »
The USWNT played Mexico in similar conditions in Utah a couple years ago.

Yes they did, but that was a friendly international. This game should have been stopped, because it was a WC qualifier.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 24, 2013, 01:23:26 PM »
Anybody who argue in favor playing on such a pitch conditions is either biased or has no regard for the beautiful game. Winning is NOT everything. Life is much more than winning.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 24, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »
Both sides have merit....dat snow ridculous doh. And if they cancelled the game..when would it have been played again?

But ent in conditions like that.... dey supposed to use an orange ball?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #717 on: March 24, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »
Interestungly Twellman made a statement on ESPN Press Pass after they game saying that the US scored their goal early on when the field was "playable". But he still was bawlin during the game dat the game should continue. We know why game should continue. ;)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 24, 2013, 02:44:50 PM »
I remember Premier League games being threatened to be postponed for less snow.

So Zeppo, your argument is weak.

Chelsea game last year was postponed and there was no snow on the field and the ground was not frozen, the grass was as green as grass.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 25, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
...another thing folks need to consider, I may be wrong and someone please correct me if I am, but it seems to me that that pitch was an artificial surface field, not so?  I'm sure plenty will disagree but to me, playing football on a wet artificial surface is bordering on tactical suicide.   this (american based) obsession with converting every field into a cost-cutting venture is going to ruin people's careers but on the issue at hand, it is, IMHO, even more reason the game should not have continued, even if AR allowed themselves to agree to getting it started in the first place.  I was not letting my team play on that field especially in them conditions.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>