March 28, 2024, 11:35:37 PM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 123573 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
Making the HEX is not a foregone conclusion this time. It looks like Panama in the top three , Honduras and Costa Rica will have to fight it out with Jamaica and Guatemala, Dont count out El Salvador. 11vs 11 anything can happen . Big up to Guyana and Antigua.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2012, 06:25:38 AM »
Trinidad football ha to be rel toots.....    :(
        I didn't expect to hear that coming from you,try and be a little positive nah man.I must say everyone thought Guyana would have gotten crushed by Mexico but credit to Shabazz who has done such a good job with those guys,i must commend them for a fine performance on the big stage and for reaching there.Well done Guyana show people you deserve to be there.
Excellent result by Guyana and Antigua.  They can take heart from those results.  People have to remember that those games were away from home.

What game you and coop watch sar ?? ???

dem men get run over bro! the only reason that they scored was bc those two teams took their foot of the peddle and was coasting ah bit.

last night i was actually ashamed for them. in regards to ATB, it's only when peter bayers came on that they showed any kind of footballing ability.  if the US had come prepared for them the way they come prepared for tougher opponents they would demolish them dread dread.

as for guyana, stuuueeepppssssss!!!!! they barely strung three passes together, and looked totally out classed by mexico.  these two teams is ah direct reflection of the lack of care that CFU nations suffered @ the hands of their hungry belly leaders.

AJW and co could have done so much more for CFU, but instead they used the opportunity to take care of their personal business.

right now, the caribbean need to have a league similar to the euefa league (something like the champions league) where the top  caribbean teams play in a league settings simultaneous to the regular league just like in europe. as for caribbean football, boy....... IMO it's piss poor, and last night was a clear indication! we must do better if we want to beat the likes of MEX USA and CR..

BTW, yes they played with heart, and yes they didn't lay down, but all the congratulatory gestures is highly unwarranted!  bc they could have conceded much more goal had they not been so lucky.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:35:42 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2012, 09:37:35 AM »
Trinidad football ha to be rel toots.....    :(
        I didn't expect to hear that coming from you,try and be a little positive nah man.I must say everyone thought Guyana would have gotten crushed by Mexico but credit to Shabazz who has done such a good job with those guys,i must commend them for a fine performance on the big stage and for reaching there.Well done Guyana show people you deserve to be there.
Excellent result by Guyana and Antigua.  They can take heart from those results.  People have to remember that those games were away from home.

What game you and coop watch sar ?? ???

dem men get run over bro! the only reason that they scored was bc those two teams took their foot of the peddle and was coasting ah bit.

last night i was actually ashamed for them. in regards to ATB, it's only when peter bayers came on that they showed any kind of footballing ability.  if the US had come prepared for them the way they come prepared for tougher opponents they would demolish them dread dread.

as for guyana, stuuueeepppssssss!!!!! they barely strung three passes together, and looked totally out classed by mexico.  these two teams is ah direct reflection of the lack of care that CFU nations suffered @ the hands of their hungry belly leaders.

AJW and co could have done so much more for CFU, but instead they used the opportunity to take care of their personal business.

right now, the caribbean need to have a league similar to the euefa league (something like the champions league) where the top  caribbean teams play in a league settings simultaneous to the regular league just like in europe. as for caribbean football, boy....... IMO it's piss poor, and last night was a clear indication! we must do better if we want to beat the likes of MEX USA and CR..

BTW, yes they played with heart, and yes they didn't lay down, but all the congratulatory gestures is highly unwarranted!  bc they could have conceded much more goal had they not been so lucky.

Men eh watch how disinterested USA was at the end of the game, I have never seen the US so unprofessional and flat. Mexico just getting the ball wide and crossing, If was USA they playing you woulda see through ball and knock around the box. Mexico just go through the game in Nuetral they eh even get into first gear.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Mex. - Guyana report - guyanachronicleonline
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2012, 01:19:25 AM »

Mexico defeat Golden Jaguars 3-1 at Estadio Azteca         
Written by   
Saturday, 09 June 2012 21:37

MEXICO CITY, Mexico - A spirited second-half performance could not prevent Guyana’s Golden Jaguars from going down  3-1 to CONCACAF giants Mexico on the opening day of Group B action in the third round of the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers at the Estadio Azteca Stadium last Friday night.
Golden Jaguars’ Gregory ‘Jackie Chan’ Richardson (#11) is given a hug by one of his team mates, following Guyana’s goal against Mexico, which he initiated.

Scoring the goals for Mexico were Carlos Salcido (10th), Giovanni Dos Santos (14th) and a John Paul ‘JP’ Rodriguez own goal via a Javier Hernandez flick in the 50th minute, while another own goal, awarded to Hector Moreno in the 60th minute off a deflected Gregory ‘Jackie Chan’ Richardson shot, accounted for the Jaguars’ lone strike.
The Jaguars stepped onto the world famous stadium to an electric atmosphere that was highlighted best by how the Mexicans in the crowd sang the national anthem in the stadium in a loud and emotional manner and the sight of home town hero Javier Hernandez kneeling and praying before kick-off.
In front of an almost capacity home crowd, which according to the Mexican Football Association reached almost 100 000, proceedings commenced with Mexico’s ‘El Trico’ putting on a passing exhibition that would have made Barcelona proud.

The ultimate tiki-taka movement was on display as they strung together almost 30 passes in the first five minutes of play, before Guyana touched the ball and the Mexicans opened the scoring when a sharp left-wing cross by Andres Guadardo was not cleared sufficiently, and left-back Carlos Salcido, arriving in mid-field, volleyed in the opener.
Soon it became 2-0, following some more world-class combination play from the Mexicans who literally parted the Jaguars defence that national coach Jamaal Shabazz set up very tight, in similar manner to when Moses parted the Red Sea.

First right-winger Pablo Barrera flummoxed left-sided players Howard Newton and Walter Moore with some intricate close control, before passing to his midfielder, who found Hernandez, who later played an audacious back heel into the path of Dos Santos whose shot slammed its way past the outstretched palm of Guyana custodian Ronson Williams.
Things were certainly not going according to plan for the Jaguars and with the deafening crowd screaming and booing every time they touched the ball, a procession of goals from the home team, especially their ‘El Trico’ was feared.

However, the Jaguars gradually got better as the half progressed and got their best chance of the first half in the 43rd minute, when the home team made their first blunder, to which striker Carl Cort, who had a wonderful game, pounced on the loose ball, darted wide and sent a sharp cross into right-winger Ricky Shakes, whose resulting header went wide of the mark.
When the second half resumed, Shabazz brought on Gregory Richardson for Howard Newton, with intent on attack after a first half in which he instructed the team to be disciplined defensively.
But it was Mexico who continued to do the attacking when another Guadardo cross from the left was tucked home neatly by Hernandez and the crowd erupted to the approval of their star scorer on the night, only for the goal to be later changed as aforementioned to an own goal.
The final 30 minutes of the game genuinely saw the Jaguars dominate as the Cort/Richardson combination made the Mexican defence work and an uncharacteristic third blunder in the mid-field area by the Mexicans, was finally finished off by the Jaguars.
Shakes flew forward from mid-field, passed wide to Richardson who ran left and his hard shot was deflected off Moreno and away from keeper Jesus Corona to make it 3-1, much to the delight of his team mates and technical staff.

Shakes, who was having an outstanding night on the field for the Jaguars, got into the action a few minutes later, when he sent a sharp right-wing cross for Cort whose superb volley found its way to the top of the crossbar with Corona already beaten, much to the agony of the Guyana technical staff.
Anthony Abrams and Dwight Peters were the other substitutes brought on and they continued the modus operandi of attack in the final minutes, where in summary if Guyana were more clinical, would have seen the result reading 3-2 or 3-3.
The Mexico defence, without their regular captain and experienced defender Rafael Marquez, seemed to lose their defensive shape, as the Jaguars attacked them in the latter stages.
Guyana can take much heart from this performance as they now come to host the other CONCACAF giants in the group Costa Rica, in their second Group B encounter at the Guyana National Stadium on June 12.

The starting 11 reads: Guyana - Ronson Williams, Jake Newton, Leon Cort, John Paul ‘JP’ Rodrigues, Walter Moore, Ricky Shakes (Dwight Peters - 71st), Chris Nurse (captain), Kester Jacobs, Howard Newton (Gregory Richardson - 46th), Kayode McKinnon and Carl Cort (Anthony Abrams - 80th). Cautions: Chris Nurse - 24th minute

Mexico (formation: 4-3-1-2): Jesus Corona, Severo Meza, Javier Rodriguez (captain), Hector Moreno, Carlos Salcido, Jesus Zavala, Andres Guadardo, Pablo Barrera, Giovanni Dos Santos (Angel Reyna - 60th) , Aldo De Nigris (Alfredo Talavera - 80th minute), Javier Hernandez.
Last Updated on Saturday, 09 June 2012 21:46
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2012, 03:59:55 AM »
So its there in "black and white",Ricky Shakes had a great game.I saw him against Iceland for the last 10 minutes and thought he was a very good player for TT,BUT ALAS THOSE GOONS IN TT DIDN'T THINK SO,they dont know as much as they make out even Mr.Beenie our hero.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
15 minutes of highlights of Mex. vs Guyana here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYgmWv1I8b0

Fellas, I can't see most of these games due to time difference.

If you guys know of any download options, please share.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2012, 09:54:52 AM »
Predictions today:

AB vs. J'ca : 1-2
Guyan vs. CR: 1-2
Can. vs Hond: 2-0
Guat vs USA: 1-1
Panama vs Cuba: 2-0
El Sal vs Mex: 2-2

I have a feeling AB and Guy could spring a home surprise.

VB
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:11:36 AM by vb »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »

VB

Register at http://www.fbtz.com and check the forums.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »
Predictions today:

AB vs. J'ca : 1-2
Guyan vs. CR: 1-2
Can. vs Hond: 2-0

I have a feeling AB and Guy could spring a home surprise.

VB
wars predicrion
ab 2 JA 1
guyana 1- cr 3
canada 1 honduras 3
usa 1- guatemala 2
panama 3 cuba 0
mexico 2 elsalvador 2

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »

VB

Register at http://www.fbtz.com and check the forums.

Admin has disabled Registering.  >:(

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
AB-Jca 0-0 after 15 mints.

Antigua is packed in defence.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:35:06 PM by vb »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »
feelin like a badly behaved kid who dey tell stay inside while watchin d odder chirren playin outside tru d window...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2012, 05:48:48 PM »
0-0 first half.

AB trying to counter - very fast, bumpy outfield. Viv Richards Cricket Ground.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »
Mukumspa- Totally agree with you. could not say it better. At least We should have . could have , ought to have made this round of Games. I guess to look on the bright side there is always the Caribbean cup/ Gold Cup to look forward to in the coming months.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »
Guy 2-0 down after 25 mnts.

Guy had a shot cleared off the line when it was 1-0.

Cant believe we lost to this team. Defending is lapse.

VB

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2012, 06:54:10 PM »
Antigua vs Jamaica link.

You sure about that. I seeing El Sal. warming up in they stadium.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2012, 06:54:48 PM »
Antigua vs Jamaica link.

AB-J'ca finish. I think it was 0-0

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2012, 07:03:08 PM »
Antigua vs Jamaica link.

AB-J'ca finish. I think it was 0-0

It ended 0-0; a significant result for Antigua, because they have never gotten a result vs. JA in any match (according to the commentator).

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
A&B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a great result for them. Congrats. In 1972(I think) TT beat them 11-1 in Geo V park in WC qualifying. The state our football in right now, I would be surprised if we win 1-0 at home.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2012, 07:12:58 PM »
CR leads guy 3-0

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
Where is Guy-CR game? GT or San Jose???

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2012, 07:24:27 PM »
Where is Guy-CR game? GT or San Jose???

GT
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
I only shaking my head wondering how we lose to this team... :(

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2012, 07:38:28 PM »
I only shaking my head wondering how we lose to this team... :(

VB, you will give yourselve unwarranted ulcers thinking about our failed WC campaign. Go ask Renraw and the TTFF!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
4-0

All de Shabazz haters get on now  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2012, 07:40:32 PM »
For now, El. Sal. seem to be holding their own against Los Mexi.

Offline Soccerpro

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »
Canada 0 Honduras 0. Canada will be disappointed with dropping two points. They had several open headers late from set pieces that they should have scored on.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2012, 07:47:53 PM »
4-0

All de Shabazz haters get on now  ;D

I don't have issues with Shabazz football. He did his job to get where he is. He is doing a fine job with Guy. Yes they losing but He has installed some pride in them. Honestly, I glad for them. Since their Independence this is the furthest they have reached. Some of us was real small or not even born yet when was playing in the Hex for previous WC campaign. I really want this to hurt all football loving fans of TT. Like when we lose in the Italy campaign. It made us hungry. Dwight and Latas was desperately hungry. Let it burn.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
Reality is hitting Guyana hard
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>