April 19, 2024, 09:56:57 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 124467 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #330 on: September 11, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »
I know there are a lot of Shabazz haters but Guyana deserve credit for their last two performances against El Salvador.  A good draw in El Cuscatlan and they lost tonight 3-2 but it very easily could've gone the other way.
worm nobody nuh hate shabazz but elsalvador is no football team bredda.. I feal sey tobago united could beat them.... elsalvador simply suck as a football country right now..  Trinidad and elsalvalvador football is in the same stage at this moment... Cuba hold its end against Honduras and panama beat up on canada..  I guh like to see canada go through but they too shitty.. its honduras panama into the nx rounds here..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 11, 2012, 09:47:33 PM »
War, I disagree with you about EL. They team may be weak, but they and their fans have passion for the game for days. The clubs does pull in thousands. Can we say that about TT. They went Georgetown and pull out a win. A win away from home in the WC is priceless. Ask Lawrence how if felt in Bahrain a couple moons ago.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 11, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »
War, I disagree with you about EL. They team may be weak, but they and their fans have passion for the game for days. The clubs does pull in thousands. Can we say that about TT. They went Georgetown and pull out a win. A win away from home in the WC is priceless. Ask Lawrence how if felt in Bahrain a couple moons ago.
True dat man I eh guh argue wid you on dat... I jes sour to see My Country not in there.. anyway Elsalvador still have a chance to go through costa Rica playing rell tata lately. Boy I took off wrk to take in them games today.. I watching uruguay and ecuador http://www.sportwebz.com/live/190881-peru-vs-argentina/watch/live/stream/online/free/feed/p2p/vivo/gratis/tv/
right now.. rell games for football lovers today dread...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2012, 05:45:06 AM »
Venezuela had a big win against Paraguay. South America qualifiers is something else, sheer pace and counter attack football. Although I am backing Canada as the coach is a TRINI, I think Panama and Honduras will make it out of this group. Guatemala may just spoil it for Jamaica in their group.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2012, 06:01:19 AM »
First time in my life I ever wanted Jamaica to win was yesterday vs USA.

But that happens to be one of the worst game I ever saw by Jamaica.

They looked like T&T. They couldn't even get 3 passes together and had two shots on goal all game.

USA should have scored 4 and still they looked ordinary, USA is very beatable at the moment, they are shaky.

Old men, Palmer Nosworthy still playing ?

Ryan Johnson, Dane Richards and Omar Cummings was a let down.

Where was Fuller ? he would have done better..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »
Venezuela had a big win against Paraguay. South America qualifiers is something else, sheer pace and counter attack football. Although I am backing Canada as the coach is a TRINI, I think Panama and Honduras will make it out of this group. Guatemala may just spoil it for Jamaica in their group.
Guatemala could be the problem for JA. JA must go into Guatemala and win .. a draw will most likely decide the group by goal difference.. anyway or the other JA have the better edge becausethey still have to play A&B in Kingston. this game could end up like 5-0 because JA will come out wid intentions of scoring goals.. I still believe this group is JA USA, while Guatemala have to come to the USA and still have to tackle JA in Guatemala where JA have beaten dem before , so Guatemala is beatble at  home..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 12, 2012, 10:12:48 AM »
Sando - I share your sentiments and to add insult to injury. the commentators were saying Caribbean teams
 do not travel well. Jamaica really looked like Trinidad lately, I think the Coach has to take some blame for after parking the bus and seeing the ball hit the post on three occasions, Yuh know it aint working.
 Having pressured the ball in the first game and using the pace of your forwards to unsettle USA - Why not go with that strategy. Jamaica showed USA too much respect. now they are in danger of not getting the second spot. USA have Antigua and Guatemala at home . JA beating Guatemala at home is not an easy task.
 It may well go down to Goal difference.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 12, 2012, 10:52:51 AM »
Sando - I share your sentiments and to add insult to injury. the commentators were saying Caribbean teams
 do not travel well. Jamaica really looked like Trinidad lately, I think the Coach has to take some blame for after parking the bus and seeing the ball hit the post on three occasions, Yuh know it aint working.
 Having pressured the ball in the first game and using the pace of your forwards to unsettle USA - Why not go with that strategy. Jamaica showed USA too much respect. now they are in danger of not getting the second spot. USA have Antigua and Guatemala at home . JA beating Guatemala at home is not an easy task.

I dont think anyone here expected the USA to lose back to back games to Jamaica or any other team in CONCACAF for that matter. Yes, something stinks about Jamaica's approach to the game, but i think you have to give the USA the respect they deserve playing at home.

Now, in terms of games remaining and which two teams are likely to go through, at this point I like Jamaica's chanches of getting through with the USA. Guatemala will almost certainly lose against the USA in the USA, while Ill bet money that Jamaica will route Antigua in Kingston on the final match day if they need a victory to advance. Jamaica travels to Guatemala before that in waht will no doubt be a tough game, but even if Guatemala wins that game, I still think Jamaica will route Antigaue in the office to advance ahead of Guatemala.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2012, 11:08:36 AM »
The mistakes Jamaica made in that game is that they played for a tie not to win. They dropped 11 men behind the ball most of the game. In the process , they showed too much respect for the US. It's a good strategy to drop 11 men behind the ball when you are the inferior team and trying to minimize the damage. It was evident that Jamaica was the better team from the first game. JA had to play like they were the better team rather than dropping 11 men behind the ball. If they had to play to win rather than playing to tie , they would have won

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 12, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »

I dont think anyone here expected the USA to lose back to back games to Jamaica or any other team in CONCACAF for that matter. Yes, something stinks about Jamaica's approach to the game, but i think you have to give the USA the respect they deserve playing at home.

Now, in terms of games remaining and which two teams are likely to go through, at this point I like Jamaica's chanches of getting through with the USA. Guatemala will almost certainly lose against the USA in the USA, while Ill bet money that Jamaica will route Antigua in Kingston on the final match day if they need a victory to advance. Jamaica travels to Guatemala before that in waht will no doubt be a tough game, but even if Guatemala wins that game, I still think Jamaica will route Antigaue in the office to advance ahead of Guatemala.
Hate to disagree with you for the first time RF. But the game plan was working until our goalkeeper gifted US the goal in the second half. Then the Reggae Boyz showed that this US team is not all that.
Jamaica will still advance to the HEX with 13 points with 6 points from our last two games.
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2012, 02:09:57 PM »
All who claimed that JA played sh!t "like T&T" must be out for lunch.

every body who comes to the U.S. in qualifying don't ever beat the USA, mexico was "probably" the only team in recent yrs who have achieved that, apart from mexico, no one else. IMO i think tappa went for ah draw, but after JA conceded he changed tactics and opted for a more attacking formation.

as for JA playing like T&T, i don't know bout allyuh, but i find JA held their own better than any caribbean team to date. the last time T&T played against the USA and looked like they stood ah chance was in new haven when beenhakker was coach where they beat us 1 nil on that spirit goal i think it was by mc bride, but from wim time on the US made us look like we are a ranked shit team, especially when maturana was in charge.

i look forward to the day when the strong teams in the caribbean could come to the USA in qualifying and grind out wins, bc i real despise them and will always rute against them only if they are playing spain, argentina, uraguay or mexico. 

as for JA, they will qualify, no doubt about it. IMO the US and guatemala are the ones who have to fight for their places. i believe ATB could shock america in antigua, and guatemala could pull off a draw.

there's no way guatemala beating JA, the most they will get from that game is ah draw, and ATB eh getting no points in the office.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:12:34 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »
You can't really say no team other than Mexico did it, I know it's a long time ago but Haiti did it in 1969 to eliminate the US for the 1970 world cup , 2-0 in Haiti and 1-0 in San Diego.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2012, 09:39:17 PM »
You can't really say no team other than Mexico did it, I know it's a long time ago but Haiti did it in 1969 to eliminate the US for the 1970 world cup , 2-0 in Haiti and 1-0 in San Diego.
Bredder, i not talking about in times of old, i talking bout when the U.S. really started taking football seriously and contending for WC spots.

back then the U.S. was not a footballing nation, but since the they host the WC in 94 they never looked back, and for sure, now you could consider them ah strong footballing nation despite the fact that football/soccer is not their #1 sport.

since then only mexico went into their territory and took all the points. right now, in this CFU region, no one is taking football as serious as they should, jamaica trying something but they still way behind.

as for trinidad and tobago, they can't keep using the same flawed methods and expect good results (success), this is madness! the country have the money and the infrastructure to excel as ah great footballing nation in CFU, so why is it not happening?

why are these head strong, petty, greedy monkeys disguised as football administrators who is seriously hold back progress still allowed to govern football?.

fellas like romany, skeene, watson and the old boy fraternity needs to walk away from football and leave it too the ppl who truly have ideas and is in the know as too how the modern game is implemented and governed, so that the rest of the region could follow.

then and only then would CFU nations be able to enter the U.S. and mexican shores and take full points,
until then it's nuff licks for we from all the giants of concacaf.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:25:06 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »
Of course it is a tough task for any Concacaf team to win  in the US and even tougher for a Caribbean team to win in the US but I don't think it is impossible right now. In fact, the gold cup before the last one, Haiti Outplayed the US and had a 2-1 lead on the US going into regulation time. They scored in the 92th minute to tie the game. They were so happy to tie Haiti it's like they just won the world series.

You  might ask yourself, how can that be a poor country like  Haiti and in fact the poorest country in the Caribbean with under population under 10 million can compete with the US the richest country in region with a population over 300 million. Haiti shouldn't be compared in the same scale with the US when it comes to soccer but the only Caribbean team with a wining overall record against the US is Haiti.

See it how it happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRN83WPBnjQ

I think, the US has a larger menu to choose from all those NCAA college players and not to mention more money than anyone else in the region. They can certainly more money in their soccer and Therefore they have better training facilities and can higher better coaches. That's why they will always be on top in the region but i think they can be beating by a Caribbean team at home

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2012, 03:01:50 AM »
Of course it is a tough task for any Concacaf team to win  in the US and even tougher for a Caribbean team to win in the US but I don't think it is impossible right now. In fact, the gold cup before the last one, Haiti Outplayed the US and had a 2-1 lead on the US going into regulation time. They scored in the 92th minute to tie the game. They were so happy to tie Haiti it's like they just won the world series.

You  might ask yourself, how can that be a poor country like  Haiti and in fact the poorest country in the Caribbean with under population under 10 million can compete with the US the richest country in region with a population over 300 million. Haiti shouldn't be compared in the same scale with the US when it comes to soccer but the only Caribbean team with a wining overall record against the US is Haiti.

See it how it happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRN83WPBnjQ

I think, the US has a larger menu to choose from all those NCAA college players and not to mention more money than anyone else in the region. They can certainly more money in their soccer and Therefore they have better training facilities and can higher better coaches. That's why they will always be on top in the region but i think they can be beating by a Caribbean team at home
Breds, even ah broken clock is correct twice a day, but the real question should be, why during qualifying for the WC no team except mexico comes here and takes full points (which BTW doesn't happen very often) ?

america only care about the gold cup when there's qualification for the confederation's cup, but world cup qualifying is way more important to the yanks than the gold cup trust meh! there were many gold cups where the yanks used their B players, but come WC, if they did not yet qualified, the come with ah full roster, and use every weapon available to them, from climate to altitude.

trust me bro, those yanks don't rate us, and they will never give us the satisfaction to dominate them, which for the most part, is our fackin fault, bc our ppl are sell outs! they could be easily bought, even @ the price of ah maga dry bone!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:04:51 AM by just cool »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2012, 08:40:48 AM »
...ah puttin' een meh two cents in dis piggy bank late and men go geh vex but ah sayin it: If ever there is a game that "supports" some of us conspiracy theorists out here that teams does sell out to the usa, it was dis game in Ohio against Jamaica.  I seein' men commenting on what Jamaica "do "wrong" and what "mistakes" dey make and....hear nuh, fellas.....Jamaica didn't come to play and dey didn't come to draw no game.   Dem fellas was quite happy wit a loss and they played accordingly.  Dat brilliant shit de GK do after the brilliant first half he displayed was nothing short of a payday move.  Ah hope dey spenn de money wisely.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
Jamaica get dey ass man handle and was lucky not to loose by about 5 clear goals.. This is how Big teams play ... USA aint no push over, we are Concacaf Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gwan hate cause allyuh assholes go be hating for a long long long long time... USA beating everybody wid ease...
go usa put it on everybody
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
USA should have scored 4 and still they looked ordinary, USA is very beatable at the moment, they are shaky.

It's true that we have looked shaky lately, but that's all down to Klinsmann continuing with the same clueless midfield choices.

Once he pulls his head out of his ass and stops repeating them -- which should hopefully happen soon since he saw how good Williams looked in his natural role in the center -- then the team will look solid.

Bradley and Donovan returning are going to give us a boost as well. And we've got a couple of young wide players in the pipeline who could soon end up tearing things up in this region.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2012, 01:55:16 PM »
...ah puttin' een meh two cents in dis piggy bank late and men go geh vex but ah sayin it: If ever there is a game that "supports" some of us conspiracy theorists out here that teams does sell out to the usa, it was dis game in Ohio against Jamaica.  I seein' men commenting on what Jamaica "do "wrong" and what "mistakes" dey make and....hear nuh, fellas.....Jamaica didn't come to play and dey didn't come to draw no game.   Dem fellas was quite happy wit a loss and they played accordingly.  Dat brilliant shit de GK do after the brilliant first half he displayed was nothing short of a payday move.  Ah hope dey spenn de money wisely.   
Yuh might be right when coming to think of it.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »
Jamaica get dey ass man handle and was lucky not to loose by about 5 clear goals.. This is how Big teams play ... USA aint no push over, we are Concacaf Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gwan hate cause allyuh assholes go be hating for a long long long long time... USA beating everybody wid ease...
war
Loud arse fackin sttuueeeppppssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »

It's true that we have looked shaky lately, but that's all down to Klinsmann continuing with the same clueless midfield choices.

Once he pulls his head out of his ass and stops repeating them -- which should hopefully happen soon since he saw how good Williams looked in his natural role in the center -- then the team will look solid.

Bradley and Donovan returning are going to give us a boost as well. And we've got a couple of young wide players in the pipeline who could soon end up tearing things up in this region.
Allyuh fellas have real timin yes! why now mr, why not last friday when the U.S. got their arse cranked in??

PS: I'm of the opinion yuhs will go to antigua and get nothing, let me see if you would show your face then, or you will wait until yuhs play guatemala which of course you will win.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:07 PM »
war

Jamaica's first half tactics were questionable...coming from a fairly inexperienced coach in his forst WCQ campaign, I will reserve final judgement fro now. If you saw the fisrt game in Kingston where Jamaica's approach was totally different, you will see that the USA is not as invincible as they appear. In fact, they have been having a sub-par tournament to date. Will they get better, I'm sure they will.

As for Jamaica...what they do in their next game against Guatemala in Guatemala City will answer alot of questions.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2012, 04:11:03 PM »

Allyuh fellas have real timin yes! why now mr, why not last friday when the U.S. got their arse cranked in??

PS: I'm of the opinion yuhs will go to antigua and get nothing, let me see if you would show your face then, or you will wait until yuhs play guatemala which of course you will win.

Ah now see bredder man make an appearance after a US victory and not last Friday. How convenient.

;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »

Where you was Friday?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 14, 2012, 11:21:27 AM »
Jamaica have to make sure they dont get beat from Guatemala.
It will be a hard game in Guatemala.

Ruiz and them is desperate battling since 2006 days versus TnT. This is their last chance.

If JA go into the last game 3 point s behind needing the USA to win they in real trouble. because if US also 3 Pts ahead they will not chase the game because a draw will take both Guatemala and USA through.

Not saying they will fix the game,

But if USA do not go out to win and Guatemala park the bus game could easily draw.

Beat Guatemala on the road and they in.

Tie and look to finish the story at the office and hope for help....

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 14, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
Jamaica have to make sure they dont get beat from Guatemala.
It will be a hard game in Guatemala.

Ruiz and them is desperate battling since 2006 days versus TnT. This is their last chance.

If JA go into the last game 3 point s behind needing the USA to win they in real trouble. because if US also 3 Pts ahead they will not chase the game because a draw will take both Guatemala and USA through.

Not saying they will fix the game,

But if USA do not go out to win and Guatemala park the bus game could easily draw.

Beat Guatemala on the road and they in.

Tie and look to finish the story at the office and hope for help....
Except Jamaica does not have to beat Guatemala. As you said it is Guatemala who will have to beat Jamaica since a draw would be good enough for Jamaica who will play Antigua & Barbuda in The Office for their last game. Guatemala, however, will play the US in Kansas City. No way the US will allow Guatemala to beat them at home. And if Guatemala manages a draw with the US it will not be enough because 8 points (if Jamaica beats them) or 9 points (a draw with Jamaica) will not be enough.
With that scenarios a win in Guatemala and draw against A&G (if Guatemala beats the US) for the Reggae Boyz would qualify Jamaica for the HEX.

Here are the possible scenarios for teams to advance to the HEX:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_CONCACAF_Third_Round       
jjbrown

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 15, 2012, 07:40:13 AM »
Here is my scenario. The US won't lose another game. I am going to give the US a win in antigua and a win VS Guatemala at home. I think and they have turn the corner and they will be firing on all cylinders because they will have all their important players back. I am predicting they will finish with 13 points. Im going to give JA a win at home against Antigua and a tie in Guatemala.

Here my final standings:

USA           13 points

Jamaica     11 points

Guatemala   8 points

Antigua         1 point

Alternate Scenario, if Jamaica lost to Guatemala and the US beats Guatemala and Jamaica win at home against Antigua

USA             13 points

Jamaica       10 points ( Will be ahead on Goal differences)

Guatemala   10 Points

Antigua         1 point

(Jamaica will advance on goal differences, because if guatemala's going to win against JA, they won't win by more than 1 goal)

One of the two scenarios will occur. Lest see if my prediction holds.

I think what Jamaica needs to do right now is to ignore all the scnarios and  basically going all out pressure Antigua at home and beat them by 2 or 3 goals and they're in the HEX.. Just destroy Antigua at home and they're in.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »
So Guyana have decided to play their home qualifier against Mexico in a "neutral site"...Arizona.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Especially shocking as if they had won they still would have had a small chance of qualifying...I can only imagine one reason for this.

Mexico +6 12
El Salvador 0 5
Costa Rica +1 4
Guyana −7 1
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:58:41 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2012, 03:56:30 AM »
I hope the Guyanese FA negotiate some pesos for themselves...

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 01, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »
I hope the Guyanese FA negotiate some pesos for themselves...
That's the whole point, they are technically the home team so they will get the home team's cut of the gate, which is likely to be a sellout considering all of the Mexicans down there.  Mexico may have even let them take more of the cut than usual rather than going and playing on the cricket pitch at Providence.

1]; } ?>