March 29, 2024, 09:45:22 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 123594 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #480 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:15 PM »
Pretty good Hex group. It go be a tough group. play ball!!!!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2012, 09:31:05 PM »
I dont expect Jam to win away at any of those teams...maybe a draw at Panama

they have to win all 5 home games, which I doubt

Mex to top the group, USA 2nd, CR and Hon 3rd and 4th

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:13 PM »
what d fark i seein hondurous put ah beatin on cyanada dey boi...dat is fete match ting

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:45 PM »

You made be correct, but underestimate JA and Panama at your own peril.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:45 PM »
now see highlights of that germany game..they got some serious blue balls on that one boy...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 16, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »
Honduras hit Canada- 8-1. Panama tie with Cuba- 0-0. Honduras and Panama in the Hex. Mexico and Costa Rica from the other group. USA and / to make the hex

how de heck did honduras give canada 8?? ??? ??? ???

Same ting I asking myself...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 17, 2012, 02:52:29 AM »

Ah tell yuh one thing though, none ah dem eh getting no points in jamaica either.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 17, 2012, 03:25:34 AM »

Ah tell yuh one thing though, none ah dem eh getting no points in jamaica either.

Jamaica obviously have a lot of work to do, our preparation for the Hex starts next month with a game in Kingston vs Paraguay...but, I also believe we must now say goodbye to Whitmore in his role as head coach. I don't think he is a bad guy at all, but I think he perhaps has reached his peak, and maybe, just maybe, we need a more experienced man to help us navigate the better teams that we will find in the HEXAGON. Add to that is the list of players in the UK who are eligible to play for Jamaica, and for some reason being given the cold shoulder. Nyron Nosworthy, arguably Jamaica's best defender these rounds have for about 5 years been ignored by the JFF until they finally called him in out of desperation. We have to call our BEST players available, or watch our team finish LAST in the hex if we are not careful. Yes, it would be nice to have a Jamaican coach and 100% domestic league players, sadly, Jamaica doesn't have the talent locally to compete with the top teams in CONCACAF. There are no easy teams in the HEX, everyone will have to lift their game.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 17, 2012, 06:11:23 AM »
Honest post Reggae-fan- Let not your heart be troubled Capt Burrell has always said that the Caribbean teams need a foreign coach to take them to the world Cup.If Jamaica can win at home will make it to the W/ Cup. Panama can be the spoilers.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 17, 2012, 06:29:52 AM »
I told people Canada will shit dung themselves .... anyway big up mi reggaeboyz... worm I tell you Jamaica reaching a second world cup and USA winning it one day ... here is my chance to see reggaeboyz go to brazil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 17, 2012, 09:02:28 AM »
There will be no easy games in the Hex for anybody.

On paper Costa Rica is probably the easiest team to get points from.

They have not been playing well there group was the weakest.

Panama has been playing well since the Gold Cup last year... They will be up there.

Honduras has the experience and they will be fighting to build on the last world cup appearence so they will be up there.

Mex is not that strong, again they were in an easy group....They are transitioning to the U23 players that won the olympics , but the question is can they make that jump and compete at the senior level without some stumbles.
Azteca is a bonus but US, Honduras and even Costa rica has the experience to take points there

Jamaica will be up there, Teams have trouble with the office and the JA mindset is good enough to get it done...
Not to mention a mass bandwaggon of new UK based to join and old favorites like ricardo fuller to come out of retirement.

US has shown some weaknesses they are not a lock....

entire squad europe based is killing them.Strength of the US used to be togetherness and more meaning full games together than most. Now they are cluged together from here there and everywere. They are weaker than they were in the past....

Look for some shocks

Anybody can be in and anybody can get beat out.

This Hex going down to the wire.

It will come down to management and form.........

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 17, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »
I told people Canada will shit dung themselves .... anyway big up mi reggaeboyz... worm I tell you Jamaica reaching a second world cup and USA winning it one day ... here is my chance to see reggaeboyz go to brazil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war
Jamaica will need to improve if they want to qualify, but the talent is definitely there.  Honestly, aside from maybe Mexico, I'd say its a crap shoot for who else makes it.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 17, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »
Mexico is the class of the Hex and will easily qualify

The rest is a crap shoot.  5 teams of fairly similar calibre where winning at home is essential to qualifying hopes.

Only Mexico will get past the 1st round of the WC anyway so the others playing to just be there. 

That said....being there certainly beats not being there at all.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 17, 2012, 12:10:56 PM »

Jamaica obviously have a lot of work to do, our preparation for the Hex starts next month with a game in Kingston vs Paraguay...but, I also believe we must now say goodbye to Whitmore in his role as head coach. I don't think he is a bad guy at all, but I think he perhaps has reached his peak, and maybe, just maybe, we need a more experienced man to help us navigate the better teams that we will find in the HEXAGON. Add to that is the list of players in the UK who are eligible to play for Jamaica, and for some reason being given the cold shoulder. Nyron Nosworthy, arguably Jamaica's best defender these rounds have for about 5 years been ignored by the JFF until they finally called him in out of desperation. We have to call our BEST players available, or watch our team finish LAST in the hex if we are not careful. Yes, it would be nice to have a Jamaican coach and 100% domestic league players, sadly, Jamaica doesn't have the talent locally to compete with the top teams in CONCACAF. There are no easy teams in the HEX, everyone will have to lift their game.
So our local coach Tappa should be fired to be replace by another foreign coach. Where did all those experience foreign coaches take the Reggae Boyz where Tappa has not?
RF, It sickens me when we chose to get rid of our local coaches who are doing a much better job with limited resources and less pay than these so-call "experience" foreign coaches whom seem to think they are here on vacation. Remember Bora :cursing:
And it's even worse when most of these opinions are from Jamaicans who live overseas hence the "foreign mentality."
Tappa is doing the job he was contracted to do. Jamaica's Reggae Boyz have qualify for the HEX. Next up is the Digicel Cup to qualify Jamaica for the 2013 Gold Cup.
The team is playing for Jamaica and Tappa. Allow our local "inexperience" coach to finish the job he was given with our full support.       

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:20:14 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 17, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
So our local coach Tappa should be fired to be replace by another foreign coach. Where did all those experience foreign coaches take the Reggae Boyz where Tappa has not?
RF, It sickens me when we chose to get rid of our local coaches who are doing a much better job with limited resources and less pay than these so-call "experience" foreign coaches whom seem to think they are here on vacation. Remember Bora :cursing:
And it's even worse when most of these opinions are from Jamaicans who live overseas hence the "foreign mentality."
Tappa is doing the job he was contracted to do. Jamaica's Reggae Boyz have qualify for the HEX. Next up is the Digicel Cup to qualify Jamaica for the 2013 Gold Cup.
The team is playing for Jamaica and Tappa. Allow our local "inexperience" coach to finish the job he was given with our full support.       

He almost finished the job tonight...by getting us kicked out of the Hex. The very player that he ignored consistently for the past 5 years is the player that came back in and saved him and Jamaica's campaign. Tappa might very well get the job done, and results so far suggests he has potential to develop into a decent coach...but he is not yet at the top of his game coaching-wise...Don't get me wrong bredda, I ant the man to succeed, I really do...but you can see that there are chinks in the armour, that will potentially be exploited when we get to the HEXAGON. Player selection and tactics have to be optimal to secure a top 3, or top 4 finish. But we might be flogging a dead horse here though...Tappa might be the defacto coach by virtue of the fact that the JFF might not be able to dish ut US$50K per month for a foreign coach at this stage...but if it means a place in Brazil..at a cost of US$1M in coaching salaries for the next 12 months, then that mney can be easily raised from private sector funding. Currently Tappa and his entire coacjing staff probably sets the JFF back less than US$50K per month.

In regards to Bora...Bora's appointment was actually a good move by the Boxhill Administration, and I believe that Bora would have gotten good results with the team. The problem was that the Boxhill administration was senile...the fact that Bora came here and end up being on vacation most of the time is not Boras fault...its the adminsitrators who dropped the ball on that one.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:39:22 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Soccerpro

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 17, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »
1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Panama
4. Honduras

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 18, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »
1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Panama
4. Honduras

Nope Panama will be the beating stick of this  rounds..
Mexico
Jamaica
USA in that fashion..
Honduras will be in the play off spot...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 18, 2012, 07:25:49 AM »
Honduras hit Canada- 8-1. Panama tie with Cuba- 0-0. Honduras and Panama in the Hex. Mexico and Costa Rica from the other group. USA and / to make the hex

Canada had no depth. Dwayne De Rosario was sidelined with an injury and without him, dey get licks.  Coincidence?

Media reports suggest that Stephen Hart will likely "vacate his post".  Here is what Colin Linford, the ex-President (he resigned in 2007 in 'frustration' in 2007) of the Canadian Soccer Association said:

"Until you get a world-class coach ... you're always going to have your back against the wall... Stephen Hart's a nice guy. I think he's a very nice guy. But if you're looking for a coach of a national team ..."

8-1?

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 18, 2012, 08:52:57 AM »
If the team is shit coaches make few differences. The players need to look at themselves and step up.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 18, 2012, 09:02:22 AM »
1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Panama
4. Honduras

Mexico
Jamaica
USA in that fashion..

war
WOW! Warmonga! After what you said to me yesterday and gave up on the Reggae Boyz :o :o :o I guess you found back your spot on the bandwagon. :devil:
jjbrown

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 18, 2012, 09:11:33 AM »
I like how man sleepin on panama dis should be interesting
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 18, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
on another note.... judging from guyana points placing.........alyuh tink we coulda do better if we did get tru instead?
I pity the fool....

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 18, 2012, 11:52:48 AM »

FULL MATCH: Jam vs A&B TVJ commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX3ot2_2oq0

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 18, 2012, 02:34:49 PM »
 http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/10/18/canadas-loss-to-honduras-costs-coach-stephen-hart-his-job/

Canada’s loss to Honduras costs coach Stephen Hart his job

Canadian Press | Oct 18, 2012 4:22 PM ET
More from Canadian Press

TORONTO — Canada men’s soccer coach Stephen Hart resigned on Thursday after the team’s humiliating World Cup qualifer loss to Honduras.

Canadian Soccer Association president Victor Montagliani announced Thursday that Hart had stepped down.

Canada needed just a tie or win Tuesday to advance to the final round of World Cup qualifying in the CONCACAF region.

Instead, Hart’s team was drubbed 8-1 Tuesday in the worst defeat by a Canadian men’s team since an 8-0 shellacking in Mexico in 1993.

Hart said after the game he thought he had done his best. But he understood that Canadian fans would not be able to forgive him.

The 52-year-old Hart worked his way through the CSA coaching ranks and had several stints as interim coach of the men’s team before getting the job for good in December 2009.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 18, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »
Sorry, Sh. That's the way the dice rolls sometimes. The coach has to walk the plank when you lose. Good luck in the future. Maybe is time to come home. Both of our luck may come thru.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:48:31 PM by Deeks »

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 18, 2012, 05:38:49 PM »

Canada had no depth. Dwayne De Rosario was sidelined with an injury and without him, dey get licks.  Coincidence?

Media reports suggest that Stephen Hart will likely "vacate his post".  Here is what Colin Linford, the ex-President (he resigned in 2007 in 'frustration' in 2007) of the Canadian Soccer Association said:

"Until you get a world-class coach ... you're always going to have your back against the wall... Stephen Hart's a nice guy. I think he's a very nice guy. But if you're looking for a coach of a national team ..."

8-1?

Linford lasted like a fart in Woodford Square. How did big time foreign coach Holger Osieck work out for Canada in the WCQ. he won one game vs Panama. Big steups. Dem players deserve no pay for that game, they fold like old lady neck vs Honduras. Forrest is ah idot but he got it right. Every player should give hart an apology.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 18, 2012, 06:00:25 PM »
Linford lasted like a fart in Woodford Square. How did big time foreign coach Holger Osieck work out for Canada in the WCQ. he won one game vs Panama. Big steups. Dem players deserve no pay for that game, they fold like old lady neck vs Honduras. Forrest is ah idot but he got it right. Every player should give hart an apology.

If the team is shit coaches make few differences. The players need to look at themselves and step up.

yep
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 18, 2012, 06:58:07 PM »
1. Mexico
2. USA
3. Panama
4. Honduras

Mexico
Jamaica
USA in that fashion..

war
WOW! Warmonga! After what you said to me yesterday and gave up on the Reggae Boyz :o :o :o I guess you found back your spot on the bandwagon. :devil:
star mi nuh waggonist .. me a di only man here who support JA suh dont mek mi start cuss yu badd wurd.. .. if yu read my post to you commenting on me being a waggonist yu seurely aint know this Indian..  I say it as I see it and mi nuh care who  it mad.. Gwan guh read my comments and then come chat wid di I . Jamaica damn Lucky putting there world cup hopes on USA shoulder. Remember Jamaica couyld have beaten A&B by 100 goal if USA did not beat Guatemala yu oulda be sitting home cussing..  The sensible football by USA will have been to play for a draw because JA is harder to play in kingston than playing guatemala in Guatemala city...   Guatemala push USA to the limit by scoring that first goal . Jamaica very very well lucky to reach the hex after shitting down themselves against Guatemal and Antigua in the previous games..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 18, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »

yep
Hart suck f**king cock.. how de f**k yu  get beat 8-1 in a decisive game like dat.. canada should stop playing f**king football dey suck cock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 18, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
Hart suck f**king cock.. how de f**k yu  get beat 8-1 in a decisive game like dat.. canada should stop playing f**king football dey suck cock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war
This is the same team that beat T&T 2-0 back in August.

1]; } ?>