April 23, 2024, 07:54:28 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 124639 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #510 on: October 18, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
Hart suck f**king cock.. how de f**k yu  get beat 8-1 in a decisive game like dat.. canada should stop playing f**king football dey suck cock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war
This is the same team that beat T&T 2-0 back in August.
dats true the same team dat Guyana kicked out of the world cup qualifiers.... I love di warriors but we all know facts is facts and fiction is fiction.. warriors team suck at this time.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 18, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »
Hart suck f**king cock.. how de f**k yu  get beat 8-1 in a decisive game like dat.. canada should stop playing f**king football dey suck cock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war
Is it really?? if that's the case then that team sucked! and they certainly didn't beat a T&T A team, as ah matter of fact they beat a T&T C team, even a worst team than what went to st kitts.

the team that lost to guyana would have ran rings over that canada team in florida. my breddren went to the game and said that it could have went any which way, canada just got lucky. he said that the black guy on the right wing was the best player they had, but all the rest were quite ordinary.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:57 PM »
war
dats true the same team dat Guyana kicked out of the world cup qualifiers.... I love di warriors but we all know facts is facts and fiction is fiction.. warriors team suck at this time.
The warriors administration sucks! if these players were part of an organized football body that took care of their needs and had ah proper training program for coaches and held them to ah higher standard then we would fare well.

the fact that they don't want to invest in football, and never did, is the reason for all the poor results over the yrs.

these ppl in trinidad don't give ah hoots about the arts and sports, as ah matter of fact they treat sports like plants, they put it in the ground and leave the rest to nature.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 19, 2012, 03:37:02 AM »
I expect

1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. USA
3.5 South America team.

Jamaica and Panama is not good enough to win or even draw anyaway games, especially Jamaica.

Honduras could also slip in 3rd place but we will have to see how their game goes, USA is not playing well but they always win their home games and that counts.

Jamaica rely on to many foreign born players, some is fine, but to many and half of them are not better than the locally/US based players.

They have to settle a team and prepare well.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 19, 2012, 05:50:25 AM »
Jamaica rely on to many foreign born players, some is fine, but to many and half of them are not better than the locally/US based players.
They have to settle a team and prepare well.

Who are the "foreign born" players Jamaica relied on to get to the Hex Brother? I believe you haven't been in touch with Jamaica's football. The irony of your statement though is that arguably Jamaica's best player in the Semi round was Nyron Nosworthy of Watford, born in England to Jamaica parents...but has strong ties to his Jamaican roots...in fact he was the only player born outside of Jamaica to start the last game. But if you look at the number of Premirship players in recent past with Jamaican connections...you would agree that any nation with that talent at its disposal would be unwise not to make use of it.  Watch Reading play Liverpool this weekend...at least three players on the Reading side have VERY strong possibility of representing Jamaica in the HEX...in fact, Mariappa is in the Jamaica squad, while captain Jobi McAnuff has already played for Jamaica. Garath McLeary has an interest to play for the boyz as well. If you watch Jmaica games, you will also see that there are some players in the starting 11 who are not ready for the game at this level...and you have some guys on the bench too who not pulling their weight...there is definitely room for significant improvemenbt in literally all positions. The local based players have talent...but talent gets you so far and no further.

Jamaica has a lot of improvement to do before the HEX...I think everyone agree on that...I wouldn't say JA cant win away..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:59:52 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 19, 2012, 06:08:12 AM »
I saw The Trinidad vs Canada game in Florida. I said before that Canada was not making it to the hex based on the performance against T&T. Corncurls was terrorizing them down the wing and had T&T not bun with the pickup side on show , we easily could have won this game. Sad for Hart, it looks like the end of the line for him. 8-1- Unacceptable and unbelievable.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 19, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »
Unlike every one else I am picking, Mexico, USA and Jamaica to get out of the hex as Automatic qualifiers..
One thing, we all forgot here how tough it is for a team to play at the office. It's a hard place to win a game and Jamaica will have 4 home games. In previous qualifiers, Mexico, Honduras and Canada combined couldn't even manage to score a goal at the office. They all got beaten and kept scoreless. In this recent qualifier, Antigua, Guatemala and the US again all got beaten and out played at the office..

Right now, the only team I think that can beat JA convincingly at home and away is Mexico. Costa Rica is not that good, Guyana made them look that good, The US is on shaky  ground, Honduras is not as good as they looked like against Canada. Canada made them looked that good. I will give these home games  against Costa Rica, US and Honduras to JA and with  a couple of tie games on the road, JA can make it out of the Hex...

The canada result didn't surprise me..I saw the game against St. Kitts in which they struggle and were lucky to come out of St Kitts with a tie 0-0 game in the first round. After that game, I knew they weren't going anywhere
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:02:08 AM by truehaitian »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 19, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »
I expect

1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. USA
3.5 South America team.

The team that finishes in 4th place in the Hexagonal will go into a play-off against the winner of Oceana (not a South American team).
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 19, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »
I saw The Trinidad vs Canada game in Florida. I said before that Canada was not making it to the hex based on the performance against T&T. Corncurls was terrorizing them down the wing and had T&T not bun with the pickup side on show , we easily could have won this game. Sad for Hart, it looks like the end of the line for him. 8-1- Unacceptable and unbelievable.

Correct, Hart took the loss for the blowout yesterday.
whey boy!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 19, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »
Unlike every one else I am picking, Mexico, USA and Jamaica to get out of the hex as Automatic qualifiers..

I'm going to play devils advocate here and pick the USA and Mexico for two of the 3 automatic spots.
That leaves Honduras, Costa Rica, Jamaica, panama to battle it out for the remaining 1.5 spots. I believe Honduras' 8-1 drubbing of Canada is not a real indication of Honduras strengths....its more the mental weakness of the Canadians. Cuba did much better in Honduras than the sorry Canadians....Costa Rica looks to have lost a step, and i believe they would do well to go back to playing their home games at the Saprissa...i believe the new stadium they play in does not give them the same atmosphere most CONCACAF teams fear.
This is one game Jamaica must look to come away from with something...3 points prefferably. I'm not saying it will happen..just saying this is perhaps the mostlikely place it will happen on the road.

Panama is a team on the rise...and they seem to own Jamaica recently. Personally, I'm more fearful of Panama than CRC and HON, especially in Panama.

I think CONCACAF will end up with 4 teams in the World cup this time around. I dont think New Zealand can survive home and away against the 4th place concacaf team (Jamaica/Pan/Hon/CRC). Jamaica recently beat NZ in Auckland with literally a B team...they must have been missing some key players as well, but it at least shows where they are with their football.

truetrini

« Reply #520 on: October 19, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
war
The warriors administration sucks! if these players were part of an organized football body that took care of their needs and had ah proper training program for coaches and held them to ah higher standard then we would fare well.

the fact that they don't want to invest in football, and never did, is the reason for all the poor results over the yrs.

these ppl in trinidad don't give ah hoots about the arts and sports, as ah matter of fact they treat sports like plants, they put it in the ground and leave the rest to nature.

yuh does talk ah pack ah assness most time eh...steups....but this time yuh talk sense.  Administration in T&T is a f**king joke and that is we biggest problem.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 19, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »
I will say it again, underestimate JA and Panama at your own peril.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 19, 2012, 02:48:13 PM »
Panama- Will be the spoiler. They have been making great strides and it is between them and Jamaica for the third spot.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 19, 2012, 02:56:22 PM »
Panama eh no spoiler. They are legit. Remember a couple years ago they made tha final of  the Gold Cup vs US in the Meadowlands. Apart from Mex. and US to an extent, the other places are a toss up.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 19, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »
Steupess! panama what, they will eat real licks! right now they came through real sorf teams, and was in the weakest semis group, now that they are up against the big boys, watch cutskin.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:42 PM »
Steupess! panama what, they will eat real licks! right now they came through real sorf teams, and was in the weakest semis group, now that they are up against the big boys, watch cutskin.

Do you really think Panama is a weak team ??  :o

Like you didnt see the beat down they put on the USA in the USA last gold cup? Panama play good football son...real good football.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 19, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »

Do you really think Panama is a weak team ??  :o

Like you didnt see the beat down they put on the USA in the USA last gold cup? Panama play good football son...real good football.

JMO friend, you don't have to take it seriously.

PS: i never said they were weak, i said they were in a weak group. now that they are in an elite group, IMO they will have a harder time, they will beat teams like costarica and honduras, but i seriously doubt that they'll get anything from mexico USA and jamaica.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:12:48 PM by just cool »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #527 on: November 01, 2012, 07:12:41 AM »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 06, 2012, 07:22:32 AM »
King abdicates - Controversial striker quits Reggae Boyz
... but Capt Burrell maintains mission continues apace

YESTERDAY'S resignation of the enigmatic striker Marlon King from international football was indeed a bombshell, but the mission to lure old and new players to the Reggae Boyz cause continues apace.
President of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Captain Horace Burrell, who is leading a three-man team to the United Kingdom to sway talent for Jamaica's CONCACAF final round, said it's unfortunate King decided to quit at this time.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/King-abdicates---Controversial-striker-quits-Reggae-Boyz_12921830#ixzz2BSb77Xoy

Thanks to King for his valuable contribution to the Reggae Boyz and Jamaica's football.

However, time to move on.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:25:47 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 06, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
King abdicates - Controversial striker quits Reggae Boyz
... but Capt Burrell maintains mission continues apace

YESTERDAY'S resignation of the enigmatic striker Marlon King from international football was indeed a bombshell, but the mission to lure old and new players to the Reggae Boyz cause continues apace.
President of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Captain Horace Burrell, who is leading a three-man team to the United Kingdom to sway talent for Jamaica's CONCACAF final round, said it's unfortunate King decided to quit at this time.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/King-abdicates---Controversial-striker-quits-Reggae-Boyz_12921830#ixzz2BSb77Xoy

Thanks to King for his valuable contribution to the Reggae Boyz and Jamaica's football.

However, time to move on.

damn I always like this player , he always gaves it all he has...  I am still thinking he will not gave up a chance to be in the world cup because JA have a great great chance of being  in brazil..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 06, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »
England B team...ah mean Reggae Boyz.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Jamaica_seeking_to_recruit_nine_England-based_players-176525991.html

dais some good talent there. work back in 98 with the fab 4. why not again?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 06, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
good fuh dem...another slap in dey face

why Burrell and Tappa and the Brazillian HEAD COACH and dem doh jess stay dey in UK and train and play dey.....???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsman
« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »
Mediocrity Will Not Be Tolerated
Jurgen Klinsmann Is Demanding Much More From U.S. Soccer; Even You, Clint Dempsey
By MATTHEW FUTTERMAN

Associated Press
Jurgen Klinsmann has spent the past 18 months trying to pinpoint the shortcomings of U.S. soccer.

Carson, Calif.

Jurgen Klinsmann, the former German star who now coaches the U.S. men's national soccer team, has spent the past 18 months taking his sword to the game's sacred cows in the U.S., determined to point out the shortcomings of a culture that he sees as having largely accepted mediocrity.

For players still patting themselves on the back for making the 2002 World Cup quarterfinals, Klinsmann had this to say during a rare in-depth interview last week: "Just because you won a game in the World Cup in the knockout stage, you haven't won anything."

More

Daily Fix: Jurgen Klinsmann Sounds Off
In Klinsmann's eyes, nearly all of his players are below the level he demands. Even Clint Dempsey, who scored 23 goals for English Premier League Club Fulham last year, will have to work harder to truly impress his national coach, a former international star who won a World Cup for Germany in 1990.

"[Dempsey] hasn't made s---. You play for Fulham? Yeah, so? Show me you can play for a Champions League team, and then you start on a Champions League team," Klinsmann says. "There is always another level. If you one day reach the highest level then you've got to confirm it, every year."

Then there's Landon Donovan. Long considered this country's greatest player, he is currently an afterthought. Donovan is on another lengthy vacation following the Major League Soccer season, a concept Klinsmann seems to find baffling.

Klinsmann recently told Donovan he didn't want him at the U.S. team's January camp or at the match against Honduras in a couple of weeks. "It will be defined over the next year what his role with the national team is. But the ultimate call is mine on whether he fits into my plans or doesn't fit into my plans."

And it isn't just the team's stars who are hearing a new message. "Some players are walking around waiting for something to happen, but Jurgen's message is that it's up to you which type of professional you want to be," says Kyle Beckerman, a midfielder who has made 23 appearances with the national team.

Soccer remains the last great puzzle in American sports. It's the only widely played sport that the U.S. hasn't come close to conquering. Forget about producing a team that can compete at the highest international level—something the U.S. has managed in nonendemic sports like hockey, archery and rowing—this vast, wealthy, sports-obsessed nation has never even produced a genuine superstar.

No one knows why exactly. To Klinsmann, who has an American wife and has lived here for 15 years, it's because the culture has never demanded it. American players begin to feel as though they have made it when they get a college scholarship, or an MLS contract, at 18 or 19. While the rest of the world plays 11 months a year, Americans grow up seeing professional athletes play a seven-month season and taking the rest of the year off.

Action Images/Zuma Press
U.S. national team stars Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey.

"We don't have the environment telling them nicely, 'OK you had a good week, but next week has to be better, and the next week again,'" he says. "Here it's: 'Oh, take a week off.' No, don't take a week off. If you take a week off as a programmer at Apple, you missed the train, you lost the job. You can't afford it."

Dempsey is apparently listening. He joined Tottenham, a more prestigious English side, this season and scored his fifth goal Sunday. "Jurgen is trying to raise the bar for U.S. Soccer, but Clint has met the challenge at every level," said Lyle Yorks, Dempsey's agent.

Richard Motzkin, Donovan's agent, said he, too, is taking Klinsmann at his word and knows he will have to earn back a spot on the national team after he rejoins his club, the Los Angeles Galaxy, at some still to-be-determined time later this year.

For all involved, Klinsmann has been something of a rude awakening in a country where quasi-anonymous national players can drink in night clubs until 3 a.m. without any repercussions. Play in Italy or Germany, Klinsmann says, "You drink more than two glasses of wine, you get the looks from people."

Likewise, early exits from the World Cup don't cause a lot of people in the U.S. to get too hot and bothered. A mere trip to the knockout round has become a cause for celebration.

By contrast, Germany's early exit at the 2004 European Championship created a national debate within the government and the media about the direction of the country's development program. It allowed Klinsmann, who was named the national coach at the time, to alter Germany's style from defensive and organized to a more freewheeling, proactive approach that he felt reflected how the country wanted to be seen.

"We said the only way was we got to attack, we got to go forward," he says. "Maybe it's in our DNA. Maybe it was wrongfully in our DNA in two world wars. Who knows that? I don't know, I was not even born yet. But I just said we Germans, we can't take just defending."

Back then, Klinsmann's work drew an international spotlight. One morning last week, the man who once starred at Bayern Munich and Inter Milan trudged alone across an empty parking lot at the Home Depot Center near Los Angeles, lugging a backpack and a shoulder bag to lead practice for his team's second-tier players. The best ones, like the players on every other top national team, were busy with their club teams in the European leagues that play through the winter. Two hours later, he stalked the center of the penalty area, badgering his players during a crossing-and-shooting drill. "Hungry, hungry…Time it, time it…Nice, but no goal. Got to be better."

As the U.S. prepares to embark on the final phase of qualification for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, Klinsmann is aiming beyond a decent showing and sees the U.S. as a country that needs to be dictating the action. But its national team has never played that way because, in his view, no one ever demanded it. As a result, the players weren't physically or mentally conditioned to press opponents with the relentlessness of the best teams in the world. Long a believer in the constant monitoring of players, Klinsmann has instilled a system of regularly testing the team's strength and fitness and proscribing specific training regimens so each player can mitigate his deficiencies.

Results have been mixed so far. The U.S. team matched its best-ever winning percentage in 2012, but struggled with consistency on the road during World Cup qualifying. "This team needs to measure itself with the best out there in order to get better," Klinsmann says before rushing off to another practice. "That's what we are trying to do."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 01, 2013, 05:23:11 AM »
Feb 6, 2013

Honduras  4:00 PM EST  United States
Panama  9:00 PM EST  Costa Rica
Mexico  9:30 PM EST  Jamaica

March 22, 2013

Honduras  5:00 PM EDT  Mexico
Jamaica  9:30 PM EDT  Panama
United States  10:00 PM EDT  Costa Rica

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 01, 2013, 05:29:52 AM »
Jamaica SQUAD:

GOALKEEPERS - Dwayne Miller, Donovan Ricketts and Duwayne Kerr.

DEFENDERS - Nyron Nosworthy, Damion Stewart, Alvas Powell, Adrian Mariappa, Demar Phillips, Jermaine Taylor.

MIDFIELDERS - Jermaine Johnson, Omar Daley, Tramaine Stewart, Rodolph Austin, Marvin Elliot, Jason Morrison, Joel Jobi McAnuff, Jermaine Hue, Andre Lewis.

FORWARDS: Dane Richards, Jermaine Beckford, Garath McCleary, Theo Robinson, Ryan Johnson.

Coca-Cola pours millions into football programme
Published: Friday | February 1, 2013 0 Comments
Ryon Jones, Staff Reporter

The country's football programme has received a well-needed boast ahead of the final round of CONCACAF qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup.

International soft drink brand, Coca-Cola, came on board with a sponsorship package to the tune of US$1.6 million (approximately J$149m) over a six-year period.

The sponsorship deal includes cash, products, performance incentives, promotional support and global activations, as Jamaica now shares a common bond with great football nations such as Argentina and Germany, which are also sponsored by the global brand.

"It is a great pleasure to announce an exciting and dynamic partnership between Coke and the Jamaica Football Federation," managing director of Wisynco Group Limited, William Mahfood, announced during yesterday's press launch at the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) headquarters.

long-term investment

Shermin Peters, senior market development manager of Coca-Cola Company, pointed out that the company's sponsorship of the country's national team is a continuity of their commitment across the region.

"This is more than just Coca-Cola being the official sparkling soft beverage of football in Jamaica," Peters expressed. "This is about a long-term investment in Jamaica and it's people, and it's an extension of the Coca-Cola company's commitment to promoting active lifestyles among youths and families."

The senior team will open their campaign in the final round next Wednesday against Mexico, and Prime Minister and Minister of Sports, Portia Simpson Miller, was on hand to wish the team all the best.

"Our Reggae Boyz give us hope that all of us in Jamaica can achieve the synergy required for nation building," Simpson Miller said. "They (Reggae Boyz) have brought this nation together before and Jamaica is eager to stand with you again on this next leg of your journey."

Captain Horace Burrell, president of the JFF, took the opportunity to encourage other corporate entities to support the programme.

"I am hoping that other corporate companies will actually take a page out of your (Wisynco) book and come on board," Burrell said. "Football generates a kind of interest that not many other endeavours can in fact generate and, therefore, I want to tell you that having taken on Jamaican football you have taken on a winner."

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »
weeyyyyy....look at English man ...weeyyyy

allyuh should get bout facking 10 in azteca...shithongs
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 06, 2013, 03:47:15 PM »
Honduras equalize with ah beauty of a bicycle kick....ah love Howard reaction-ah mean-lack of reaction:) I like how he put he hand up to he mouth as if in shock:)

C'mon USA!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 06, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »
Honduras equalize with ah beauty of a bicycle kick....ah love Howard reaction-ah mean-lack of reaction:) I like how he put he hand up to he mouth as if in shock:)

C'mon USA!!!!

Two nice goals in that game. Stand up and clap stuff
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #538 on: February 06, 2013, 04:31:17 PM »
All yuh see dat nasty backheel sex dat us defender eat? forker still lookin the other way for the ball.

giggsy11

« Reply #539 on: February 06, 2013, 04:40:20 PM »
Nice celebration Honduras!

1]; } ?>