April 29, 2024, 09:38:34 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 125429 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #720 on: March 25, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »
...another thing folks need to consider, I may be wrong and someone please correct me if I am, but it seems to me that that pitch was an artificial surface field, not so? I'm sure plenty will disagree but to me, playing football on a wet artificial surface is bordering on tactical suicide.   this (american based) obsession with converting every field into a cost-cutting venture is going to ruin people's careers but on the issue at hand, it is, IMHO, even more reason the game should not have continued, even if AR allowed themselves to agree to getting it started in the first place.  I was not letting my team play on that field especially in them conditions.

No, it is grass:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick%27s_Sporting_Goods_Park

And which is the one team that will be hosting qualifiers on an artificial surface in this Hexagonal? That's right: Costa Rica.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 25, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »
...another thing folks need to consider, I may be wrong and someone please correct me if I am, but it seems to me that that pitch was an artificial surface field, not so? I'm sure plenty will disagree but to me, playing football on a wet artificial surface is bordering on tactical suicide.   this (american based) obsession with converting every field into a cost-cutting venture is going to ruin people's careers but on the issue at hand, it is, IMHO, even more reason the game should not have continued, even if AR allowed themselves to agree to getting it started in the first place.  I was not letting my team play on that field especially in them conditions.

No, it is grass:

And which is the one team that will be hosting qualifiers on an artificial surface in this Hexagonal? That's right: Costa Rica.

You sure about that? CR Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica (new Stadium) is grass.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 25, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »

No, it is grass:

thanks for the confirmation, those players didn't seem to be having the footing you would have on (snow-covered) natural grass, however,: Which country unnecessarily plays most of its domestic league games on artificial surfaces? that's right: USA. Now,
STFU!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:02:51 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 25, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »

No, it is grass:

You sure about that? CR Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica (new Stadium) is grass.

The new stadium is grass. However, they announced that they would play some of their home qualifiers at Saprissa, which has an artificial surface.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »

No, it is grass:

thanks for the confirmation, those players didn't seem to be having the footing you would have on (snow-covered) natural grass, however,: Which country unnecessarily plays most of its domestic league games on artificial surfaces? that's right: USA. Now,
STFU! 

C'mon, don't be angry! I only corrected you because you asked "please"!  ;D
- Xavi

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 25, 2013, 04:14:39 PM »

No, it is grass:

STFU! 

C'mon, don't be angry! I only corrected you because you asked "please"!  ;D

You're confusing what my "anger" was in response to. Get it right, zippo.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 26, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »
- Xavi

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 26, 2013, 11:26:32 AM »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 26, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »
Can't really blame FIFA on this one... the Costa Rican captain should have complained in the presence of the US captain to the referee about the playing conditions.  The Costa Rican head of delegation then had to follow up in writing within two hours of the match.  A technicality, but if that's the rule then that's the rule.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 26, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
Can't really blame FIFA on this one... the Costa Rican captain should have complained in the presence of the US captain to the referee about the playing conditions.  The Costa Rican head of delegation then had to follow up in writing within two hours of the match.  A technicality, but if that's the rule then that's the rule.

So now you just don't have to play soccer you have to also be verse in FIFA Administrative Law. Because the hosting organization has no responsibility in the event, the referee job is just to blow the whistle and wear a yellow shirt.

The rule is the rule, hard luck.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:41:43 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 26, 2013, 04:48:08 PM »

So now you just don't have to play soccer you have to also be verse in FIFA Administrative Law. Because the hosting organization has no responsibility in the event, the referee job is just to blow the whistle and wear a yellow shirt.

This is what you have a manager/chief of delegation for.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 26, 2013, 04:59:05 PM »

Strange I always thought it was 24 hrs to launch an official protest. Never heard of the Captain ruling..

This happened in 2006 http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/news/newsid=27212.html
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:01:52 PM by Observer »
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #733 on: March 26, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »

Strange I always thought it was 24 hrs to launch an official protest. Never heard of the Captain ruling..

This happened in 2006 http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/news/newsid=27212.html

Remember when we were robbed in Haiti?  Camps nor Renwar made any protest.   The Mexicans protested the game and said it could have invalidated other results also as the refs and lines men were suspect.   The FIFA stated the protest made the next day came too late.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #734 on: March 26, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
update Panama 1 over Honduras,
Costa Rica 1 over Jam so far.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 26, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
GO COSTA RICA GO 

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 26, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »
USA if they could weather this first haf will come away with something. I notice the Mexican foreign base breathing hard hard, they feeling the altitude as well.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 26, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
USA if they could weather this first haf will come away with something. I notice the Mexican foreign base breathing hard hard, they feeling the altitude as well.

Yeah, that is no longer a clear cut advantage, more men playing abroad
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 26, 2013, 09:20:06 PM »

Yeah, that is no longer a clear cut advantage, more men playing abroad

Plus is night time so no sun and heat to deal with is only  23 F tonight
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:21:38 PM by Observer »
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 26, 2013, 09:44:08 PM »
How Costa Rica doing?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #740 on: March 26, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »
costa rica and panama have both doubled their scores
2-0 in both matches

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 26, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
Jamaica 0 Costa Rica 2
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 26, 2013, 09:59:29 PM »
This table wide open now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 26, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »
Nice Costa Rica.....Yuh made my night!!!!!!!!!! pound them ackee boys

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #744 on: March 26, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
77' U.S.A  get away, Should be a penalty for Mexico

The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 26, 2013, 10:09:02 PM »
Wow... Mexico just got robbed. Second legitimate penalty shout that Mexico has had turned down.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 26, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »
Way Zeppo

This is real poor from the USA, can't support JK on his approach to the game. This looks like T&T vs Mexico.

giggsy11

« Reply #747 on: March 26, 2013, 10:25:41 PM »
Wey dat damn ref from? Arizona?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 26, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
USA gone through