April 19, 2024, 09:35:45 PM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 124482 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #810 on: June 08, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »
Haiti plays Spain (34000) & next Italy. Somebody doing their home work. Well done!
Who ever handling Haiti call 1-800- TTFF, they need your assistance
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 08, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »
Dais what the great USA come too?? they can't even find ah channel to bring the game?

The game was on beIN Sports (Channel 392 on Dish Network).  I saw the last 20 minutes; really heartbreaking for my JA brothers.  Since T&T couldn’t make it to Brazil, I really want to see the Reggae Boyz represent.

beIN is excellent for WCQs.  They showed most of the concacaf  games from the previous round.  Can’t help but reminisce that in 2005 I was the lone Trini guy supporting the warriors, and surrounded by Guatemalans, in this restaurant here in Northern California.

At this moment (1:30 pm PST; 4:30 EST)   beIN showing the Haiti vs Spain game live.

JA vs Honduras  12 June  at 9pm (PST) on beIN.

HAITI  SCORES !
 Spain 2 – 1 Haiti

Spain fielded a good team; nice to see the respect for the fans and the occasion.

Breds, the only team i know who does take friendlies lightly is T&T!

come time for friendlies and we does field ah 2nd string team, while mex, USA and honduras going with a full strength team.

we had four nice games to get some cohesion all on fifa dates, and what did we do? the players act de mdcnt talking bout they have tings to do and they mudda ded and they fadder in de infirmery and they dog have measles and they get ah nail juk just all kinda cnt!!

these games was for the players to get some cohesion and iron our some kinks before go went america (gold cup) and embarrass the country.

if these nut jobs in T&T doh know and don't understand that the main purpose friendlies is cohesion period!! and how can you get cohesion with 2nd string player when come gold cup these players would be planted on the bench??!!

my ppl are so unbelievably clueless and frustrating that's it's mindbuggling!!!   :frustrated:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:07:15 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 08, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »
Dais what the great USA come too?? they can't even find ah channel to bring the game?

everytime yuh tink US making strides in football dey does do some stupidness like dat.
ESPN bought the rights to the USA and Mexico home games and BeIN TV bought the right to Costa Rica's, Honduras, and Panamas.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:30:07 PM by JRtheWriter »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 10, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
Uncle Sam bun fyah pon dem!

8)

smh.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 11, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »
Saw another thread started about the dearth of dribblers in TnT, but thought this was more appropriate here. I had intended to post this here anyway, justa coincidence I guess that from the jump I liked Dempsey cause he like to try all kinda fancy dribble and just run at people!!!!

SEATTLE

A DAY IN THE OFFICE

That a sudden shift had occurred became apparent on a scraggly practice field on the outskirts of Kingston, Jamaica. As the U.S. national soccer team filed off their bus, the clamor from the kids gripping the fence surrounding the stands was but for one man.

Dempsey! Dempsey! Dempsey!

For the first time in as long as memory will stretch back, Landon Donovan was not the name most closely associated with Team USA — if any player’s name was known at all. Sure, Donovan hadn’t made the team for the trio of June World Cup qualifiers, still rounding into form after a 4-month sabbatical as he was. But then most Jamaicans didn’t know that. Had Donovan been there, he’d have been overshadowed by Clint Dempsey all the same.

Fair enough. Dempsey has scored 11 goals in his last 15 games for the USA, passing Eric Wynalda for second place on the all-time scoring list with his recent brace against Germany, which brought him to 35. Until Friday’s 2-1 over Jamaica, he’d scored seven of the Americans’ 13 goals in World Cup qualifying and five of their seven goals in 2013.

Donovan has just four goals for the USA since the 2010 World Cup — the last three of which came in a 5-1 friendly rout of Scotland a year ago. And he’s not even with the team this week for their World Cup qualifiers.

All Clint Dempsey has ever wanted is more. He is a striver and a seeker, willing his way from a trailer park in Nacogdoches, Texas to English Premier League stardom.

Two of the more famous things ever said about him involve the same expletive. “He tries shit,” said then-U.S. coach Bruce Arena early in Dempsey’s international career, when asked what made the forward different. “He hasn’t done shit,” added current coach Jurgen Klinsmann more recently, when queried about his soon-to-be-captain’s achievements in the game.

Both are incontrovertibly true. He will try things. He’ll take risks, on the field and off. He’ll throw his body in harm’s way. He’ll run at opponents like only a handful of Americans ever have, he’ll take shots nobody else would dare trigger, and he’ll push himself far beyond where a rational professional from a total soccer backwater would have the audacity to.

Most all Americans would have happily settled for seeing out their career with a club like Fulham, a respectable Premier League outfit where Dempsey held the team’s EPL scoring record. But he motored on, relentless and insatiable. On to Tottenham Hotspur — inducing an ugly split from the club that brought him to Europe from the New England Revolution in 2004 last summer — which was awash in reputable and mobile attackers already, many of them younger than their new teammate. But Dempsey carved out a role for himself regardless.

So his coach’s assertion that he has yet to accomplish anything is patently untrue. He has had more of an impact on the professional game overseas than any other American field player. But Dempsey doesn’t look back. That’s not where the goal is, or where his goals are.

Klinsmann has since changed his tune. After the Germany game, he dumped more praise over Dempsey than he has with any other player in almost two years in charge. “Having a player like Clint Dempsey is just a privilege,” Klinsmann said in his press conference. “I think this is one of the best players probably in U.S. history, seeing him perform almost every game at a very, very high level. Right now Clint is right on top with the best players around and certainly the top player on the United States.”

It had been less than four months since he’d denounced Dempsey’s career thus far to the Wall Street Journal. Klinsmann knew what he was doing. A frightful fire roars within Dempsey. And his coach stoked it until it came bursting out of him, sending a pillar of black smoke into the skies.

“What we’re trying to do is to give [the USA players] messages in order to challenge them, in order to make them understand to take your own career in your own hands,” the German coach had explained earlier that week. “Make the next step for yourself, get to the next tier of club if you can. Try to play Champions League one day, go as high as you can.”

Dempsey left Fulham because Spurs were perennial contenders for a spot in the UEFA Champions League. And even if they didn’t make it this year, ending one point off the requisite fourth place, Dempsey established himself anew when many wondered if he’d finally, at 30, pushed himself too far.

“[Klinsmann] wants me to push myself and stay hungry,” Dempsey says. “But that’s something I’ve always done anyway. I’ve always been someone to challenge myself, since I came into [ Major League Soccer] to going to Fulham and then getting the move to Tottenham — I’ve always wanted to play at the highest level possible, always wanted to be the best player I could be and be around the best players.

Dempsey’s elbows rest on a round table as he talks to a handful of reporters in the banquet room of a hotel in Kingston. The left has the outline of Texas tattooed on it, with the Texan star placed on Nacogdoches. Further up his arms the names of his wife, children and older sister who passed away at 16 are stained into his skin, beside Bible verse. Behind is it is an image of Saint Michael fighting the devil, because Dempsey identifies with warriors.

He’d walked into the room the way he usually does, saying very little but taking everything in with his dark, saucer-sized eyes protruding below his equally dark, closely-cropped hair.

“I’ve always had to fight for everything I’ve gotten in my life, to try to make it in soccer,” he now says in his heavy voice with that trace of Texas twang. “From a young age, traveling three hours to Dallas and three hours back for games and training, you realize that you can’t just go out there and let it slip up because everybody’s sacrificing so much for you.”

“[The fire comes from] realizing it doesn’t take much to fall off, doesn’t take much for things to change quickly,” Dempsey says. “But on the flip-side, it doesn’t take much to get going good again. That’s what’s so beautiful about this game. One game and things can be better.

“You don’t really know when your peak is going to be or if you’ve passed it or if it’s still to come. All you can do is just continue. You have to prove yourself every year. You can’t just say, ‘I did it one year – that’s cool.’ You can easily fall to the wayside.”

If you’d declared that this USA team could ever be anybody’s but Donovan’s so long as the all-time scoring leader was still in the game a year or so ago, you and your opinions would have been cast with those of fools and know-nothings and provocateurs and liars.

But this is The Dempsey Show now. He is captain and commander. He gives no orders. He leads from the front. With the goals he scores and the gusto with which he pursues them. Opponents target him for harsher treatment. Because keeping Dempsey from roaming and distributing and trying… erm… things, is half the battle in keeping the USA at bay.

Dempsey! Dempsey! Dempsey!

The game against Jamaica is over. Dempsey has fought and battled and taken risks and shots and knocks. He speaks to the media by the field where he just helped the USA to their first ever win over the Reggae Boyz in a World Cup qualifier on their own turf in a ferociously physical game. Locals plead for pictures. They’ll happily lie to American handlers just to get close.

As he walks out of the stadium, he is stopped a half dozen times. Jamaica isn’t even a soccer country. Track and cricket are what matters here. But they know who Dempsey is.

Little boys tug at him. He gives them all the time he can — a pat on the head, an arm around the shoulder, a few words. They want his t-shirt. But that would leave him half-naked. He smiles, poses for another picture. And then Clint Dempsey moves on. To whatever is next.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 11, 2013, 12:04:51 PM »
And just to keep them honest ;)

JOZY ALTIDORE!!
COMMENTARY | Don't call it a comeback. Jozy Altidore has been routinely finding the back of the net for years.
Don't just take my word for it. The proof is in the stats. Dozens upon dozens of goals scored for Eredivisie side AZ Alkmaar. Cup glory. Those still not satisfied should also note that Altidore is currently the most sought-after American footballer on earth.

The "why can't Jozy perform for the US Men's National Team as he does for AZ?" topic is one that arises each and every time Altidore is called up for friendlies or meaningful international competitions. It's also one that could be on the verge of disappearing following what has occurred in the past week. Analysts and fans alike have been quick to point out that Altidore scored against Germany last weekend and in Jamaica on June 7 thanks to a combination of his finally being on the receiving end of some quality distribution and also some shoddy defending. Those individuals aren't incorrect, but it's the scenarios in which Altidore didn't bury a tally that I've noticed a real change in attitude and overall performance, reasons that lead me to believe that the best truly is yet to come for the 23-year old.

Gone is the youngster who would make runs seemingly just to make them, a forward who would have a go whenever presented with the chance because that's what front men do. Once Altidore darted into the box and latched onto a through ball before nearly creating something from nothing in the opening minutes against Germany on June 2, one could tell that it was only a matter of time before he beat a back line and goalkeeper that, truth be told, probably weren't completely into the game. He did so with real class in the 13th minute, coolly hitting a volley that was worthy of any elite goalscorer.

Altidore's week got even better on June 7 when the US were away to Jamaica. Altidore and Graham Zusi again came together to open the scoring, this time off a header from the US forward. Nobody would have blamed Altidore had he followed that goal with a thump of the chest or even a bit of smacktalk toward his critics who have curiously gone silent as summer approaches. He instead immediately pointed at and ran toward Zusi, sharing the spotlight and the celebration with his teammate.

From that moment of the match on, Altidore was a man on a mission until being subbed off seven minutes from time. He demanded balls in and around the penalty area, and he chastised teammates who either didn't see that he was making a run toward the box or who attempted poor passes that never got to him. You could even say that he was, at times, overly greedy and maybe even a bit egotistical.
In short, he was exactly what US fans have, for years, wanted him to be.

Think of the top finishers in the world. They all share the same traits. All want to have a hand in each of his team's attempts on goal, and they all believe that every shot taken by them is being picked out of the net by opposing 'keepers. Altidore has more than earned the right to have a little swagger while out on the pitch. This isn't a case of a player trying too hard to impress a coach or win over a fan base. Altidore is an in-form striker who knows just how well he's playing right now.

Two goals over the span of six days shouldn't have anybody planning a parade. The moments that aren't mentioned in a stat sheet, such as body language, communication with teammates, and making others around him better, all offer hope that Altidore is on the cusp of reaching his maximum potential. Slow and steady has worked out quite well for the American over the past several years.
Remember that, US Soccer fans, if Altidore doesn't score in Team USA's next two World Cup Qualifiers.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 12, 2013, 05:23:41 AM »
U.S. dominates Panama, takes sole lead of Hex

Even a sandy, slip-inducing temporary grass surface couldn't slow the newfound momentum of the U.S. men at CenturyLink Field in front of a lively pro-U.S. contingent of 40,847 on Tuesday, the second largest crowd ever to see the men's team play in the Pacific Northwest.

The Americans used both muscle — here's your chance to shine, Jozy Altidore — and finesse — hometown favorite Eddie Johnson offered up a healthy platter of that — to finish goals en route to a 2-0 home World Cup qualifying game victory against Panama. But equally as important as surviving the temporary field without injury and capturing three points on home soil, the U.S. now stands on 10 points halfway through the 10-game hexagonal tournament, a full two points up on Mexico — a team with one more game played — and Costa Rica (those two tied 0-0 in Mexico earlier Tuesday).

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 12, 2013, 06:00:26 AM »
U.S. dominates Panama, takes sole lead of Hex

Even a sandy, slip-inducing temporary grass surface couldn't slow the newfound momentum of the U.S. men at CenturyLink Field in front of a lively pro-U.S. contingent of 40,847 on Tuesday, the second largest crowd ever to see the men's team play in the Pacific Northwest.

The Americans used both muscle — here's your chance to shine, Jozy Altidore — and finesse — hometown favorite Eddie Johnson offered up a healthy platter of that — to finish goals en route to a 2-0 home World Cup qualifying game victory against Panama. But equally as important as surviving the temporary field without injury and capturing three points on home soil, the U.S. now stands on 10 points halfway through the 10-game hexagonal tournament, a full two points up on Mexico — a team with one more game played — and Costa Rica (those two tied 0-0 in Mexico earlier Tuesday).

(continue)

Ah Zeppo as expected yuh back on board.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #818 on: June 12, 2013, 07:26:18 AM »
Mexico losing points for so. Don't be surprised if Pan makes the top four at their expense.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 12, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »
Michael Bradley, Jozy, Eddie Johnson...nuff said, oh and Jermaine Jones could take as he has to to recover from his concussion for all I care...Bradley is the most indispensable midfielder the US has.

I does just be shaking my head watching Bradley being consistently simple and effective, oh and running down the throat of the defense when given the opportunity.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 12, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »
Uncle Sam bun fyah pon dem!

8)

smh.

lol!! zeppo does REAL lurk caribbean boards to be pickin up dat setta ole lingo
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 19, 2013, 04:11:08 AM »
Altidore goal lifts U.S. to 3rd straight win

No amount of tight defense could keep Jozy Altidore from doing what he does best.

Altidore has been money in scoring timely goals for the U.S. national team this spring. Honduras made a concerted effort to keep him in check, but the American forward still put himself in the highlight reel again.

Altidore scored a goal in his fourth consecutive international match, enough for the United States to edge Honduras 1-0 in a World Cup qualifying game Tuesday night.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 19, 2013, 04:45:56 AM »
Costa Rica blanks Panama 2-0 in World Cup qualifier

Goals by Bryan Ruiz and Celso Borges put Costa Rica in a stronger position to qualify for next year's World Cup with a 2-0 victory over Panama on Tuesday night.

The Costa Ricans have 11 points from six matches with a 3-1-2 record. That trails only the United States (4-1-1), which beat Honduras earlier in the night.

Ruiz opened the scoring on a free kick in the 49th minute, and Borges clinched it just about two minutes later from long distance in a steady rain at National Stadium.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 19, 2013, 05:08:36 PM »
And the US just keeps rolling along and Jozy just keeps on doing de damn thang!!!!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 07, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »
Costa Rica snaps U.S. winning streak in World Cup qualifier

The United States' 12-game winning run came to a crushing end with a 3-1 defeat against Costa Rica in their CONCACAF region World Cup qualifier in San Jose on Friday.

Two early goals for a fired-up Costa Rica set the tone for a tough encounter and although the Americans sit in second place in the six-team qualifying group behind the hosts, the result will be of concern to head coach Juergen Klinsmann.

"We knew they were going to come out that way and we gave away a careless corner and they scored from it," midfielder Landon Donovan told reporters.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: September 07, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »
Honduras deals host Mexico big blow in World Cup qualifier loss

Mexico suffered only their second ever qualifying defeat in the Azteca Stadium with a 2-1 loss to Honduras on Friday that increases the pressure on coach Jose Manuel de la Torre and leaves 'El Tri' with plenty of work to do to qualify for Brazil.

Costa Rica, who top the CONCACAF region standings, took a step towards booking their place at next year's finals with an impressive 3-1 win over the United States while Panama were held to a goalless draw at home to Jamaica in the other game.

After seven rounds of matches, Costa Rica have 14 points, the United States 13, Honduras moved up to 10 points while Mexico are in fourth place, outside the automatic qualification slots on eight points in the final stage six-team group.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 07, 2013, 09:26:23 AM »
Jamaica Plays Panama to Scoreless Draw in World Cup Qualifying Match

Jamaica played Panama to a scoreless draw in World Cup qualifying on Friday night at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City.

Panama outplayed the Reggae Boyz, putting two shots on goal out of 15 total, while Jamaica did not manage a single shot on goal.

But despite a significant time-of-possession advantage for Panama — 62 percent to Jamaica’s 38 percent, the Reggae Boyz managed to keep it even at 0.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 07, 2013, 10:22:41 AM »
Mex. coach got the axe. And they playing US next week in Columbus. Imagine Mex in 4th place. This is a very competitive Hex. Rankings appears to null at the moment. Hondo. winning goal was superb. Imagine we beat them in the GC. What possibilities we would have had if the previous TTFF had not mucked up.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 07, 2013, 11:44:56 AM »
Mex. coach got the axe. And they playing US next week in Columbus. Imagine Mex in 4th place. This is a very competitive Hex. Rankings appears to null at the moment. Hondo. winning goal was superb. Imagine we beat them in the GC. What possibilities we would have had if the previous TTFF had not mucked up.

I find Mexico take long. And we didn't play *that* Honduras side.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
USA vs Mexico Game !!!!
« Reply #829 on: September 10, 2013, 05:01:31 PM »
This the the first time I ever want USA to be another team  :beermug:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs Mexico Game !!!!
« Reply #830 on: September 10, 2013, 05:05:50 PM »
Which team did you have in mind for them to be... New Zealand... Moldovia, perhaps?

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 10, 2013, 05:09:37 PM »
This the first time I ever want USA to beat another team :beermug: :beermug:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 10, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »
Stueps. USA. Thumbs down
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 10, 2013, 05:49:19 PM »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 10, 2013, 06:14:56 PM »
Immediate change in Mexico's shape and play with the exit of Chepo.

USA looking sleepy.

Who buss Donovan eye?

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 10, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »
These are two teams I really don't like...so I doh mind them ending this one in a goalless draw with a point each.  It'll be good to see this Hex get even more 'interesting'. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 10, 2013, 07:20:10 PM »
Hard luck dey Mexico.
Now the US can do what it does best, Sit back, defend and launch the counter-attack.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 10, 2013, 07:42:17 PM »
USA scored again...2 nil.  STEUPPES!!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 10, 2013, 09:33:22 PM »
Mexico football like it on the decline these days, players not performing up to par....imagine they 5th on the table and have to fight for the 4th spot.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 10, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »
USA beats Mexico 2-0, qualifies for 2014 World Cup

Would you believe Dos A Cero?

Again?

Not only has the United States owned Mexico in World Cup qualifiers played at Columbus Crew Stadium, the USMNT always seems to win by the same magical score.

And 2013 would prove to be no different. Despite playing without Michael Bradley (ankle) and Jozy Altidore (yellow card accumulation), Jurgen Klinsmann's side shook off a sluggish first half to once again beat its rival 2-0 on goals from Eddie Johnson and Landon Donovan.

(continue)
- Xavi

1]; } ?>