April 25, 2024, 10:25:37 AM

Author Topic: T&T await winners of CONCACAF play-offs for 2014 W/Cup qualifiers  (Read 16744 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T await winners of CONCACAF play-offs for 2014 W/Cup qualifiers
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2011, 03:41:13 PM »
i see ppl dismissing el salvador when we cant even qualify for gold cup...as tallman said there is a first time for everybody, nothing is guaranteed, some things are highly unlikely (i.e. uSA, mexico not qualifying) but anything can happen and that is why the play the game on the field and not paper or xbox.

as for our chances, they are looking real slim right now, even the first group with guyana, bermuda and barbados could be a very tough challenge for us.  the team need to focus on those teams and not who they may face after.

Good Point

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2011, 03:41:47 PM »
Im not worried about El Salvador, we'll handle them, they havent beat us since the 2007 blacklist. They have one player Zeyala but overall as long as we dont take it for granted well beat them twice.

If you beat El Salvador twice then you go through to the HEX...but I am sure they are looking at T&T as 6 points as well...In fact I suspect all teams in the group would see T&T as the 6 point team (easier to get a result in POS than anywhere else)

maybe, maybe not

jamaica didn't make the hex, teams may look at them as an easy target instead of TT, get your facts straight

i knew it wouldn't take you long to attack the TT team, because your a low life, however jamaica needs to prove themselves that they can make the hex this year

TT has done it many times and will this year again, if the ttff doesn't sabotage us again with a poorly prepped team

thats the thing you forget reggaefan, if TT is prepared well like the rest of teams, you cannot stop us, especially with a world class coach, we have talent and ability to beat the big teams

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
So no easy pass to the HEX but at the end of the day if we want to be making the trip to Brazil we have to be able to take points off teams like Mexico and Costa Rica. So we might as well look to be doing it before then. :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
So no easy pass to the HEX but at the end of the day if we want to be making the trip to Brazil we have to be able to take points off teams like Mexico and Costa Rica. So we might as well look to be doing it before then. :beermug:

this plays in our favor because we will have 6 wcq games under our belt before we face mexico and costa rica,
pfister can use those games to work out some kinks and get the team ready for round 3

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
Why, are you actually hoping of going somewhere? While the rest of the world cup soccer playing nations are playing international friendlies, be it national teams or clubs from around the around the world loaded with internationals included in their roster, Trinidad and Tobago is training and playing amongst themselves.

Very interesting philosophy.

Damn, if only the rest of the soccer playing world knew about this little secret, maybe they too would adopt this philosophy and forget about playing international friendlies, after all that is just a waste of money, that way the Soca Warriors would have a snows day in hell of a chance to qualify for the 2014 world cup.

Oh, and by the way, if the Warriors qualify for the world cup, what then, is it going to be another fiasco as in 2006. Back then, it was the Soca Warriors first trip to the big dance and we were happy just to be there. No goals for us, but our only saving grace was a tie with Sweden. We still had a party in the neighborhood. We even had Jacko, tie himself up in a ponzie scheme that backfired on him.  It was euphoria in the land of the humming bird, but now, fast forward it eight years later, if we qualify for the 2014 world cup, we are not the darlings of the world cup anymore, now we are suppose to be experienced and more advanced in our program, we are suppose to, and probably expected to, beat some people. Oliver Scamps would roll around in his grave to see such a happenings without the assistance of Jack, from the show Jack and Jill.

Al Capone
Lucky Luciano
Pablo Escobar Jr.
The Medellin Cartel
Jack Warner
Oliver Camps
Jeff Skillings
John Boehner
Kenneth Lay
The Executives of World Com
BP
Bernie Madoff
Osama Bin Laden
Maomar Khadaffi
Adolph Hitler
Martha Stewart
The Republican Party
Patrick Manning
Basdeo Panday
Raphael Palmeiro
Sammy Sosa
Barry Bonds
Mark Mcguire
Jose Canseco
Roger Clemence
And the list goes on and on..............................

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:37:44 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2011, 04:45:04 PM »
well if dis is d kinda attitude, we d supporters done start to adopt before d campaign even start, is best pfister pack up and go home. lewwe doh even bother to put out a team and leh all ah we save we money and doh bother to go any games   ::)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2011, 04:52:07 PM »
Discussion on now on i95fm about TT football and WCQ

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2011, 05:22:04 PM »
Discussion on now on i95fm about TT football and WCQ

Now saying we need a formal open foum discussion by all stakeholders to discuss the future of the game...
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2011, 05:31:08 PM »

jamaica didn't make the hex, teams may look at them as an easy target instead of TT, get your facts straight

i knew it wouldn't take you long to attack the TT team, because your a low life, however jamaica needs to prove themselves that they can make the hex this year

Not attacking your football, just stating facts here.

By the way, Jamaica is currently sitting @ #3 in CONCACAF behind USA and Mexico and just had a 3 game winning streak at the just concluded Gold Cup, where they defeated Honduras, Guatemala, and Grenada on the trot (before going belly up vs the USA). If you look at the jamaica squad and the number of oversas based players that are queing up to join the squad, you would relize that Jamaica has a very good chnace of going all the way this time. Not saying it will definately happen, but I believe you will agree with me based on Jamaicas performance over the past 2 years that teams in CONCACAF will be looking at Jamaica with some degree of respect, especially in Kingston.

The hex this time will be tougher I think, last time Jamaica and Panama were out while T&T and El Salvador got in (both teams eventually finshed in the cellar positions)...I honestly do believe that both Jamaica and Panama will be in this time, along with the other regulars. It will be a tough battle.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:37:05 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »
Given today's draw, there won't be any Hex for T&T this world cup

We should emerge as winners in our group against Guyana, Barbados and Bermuda (although as much as our football sucks right now, this is not a sure thing by any means).

But if we win that group, we'll then have to play Mexico and Costa Rica in the 3rd round and there's very little chance of us beating either team.  Given that only the top 2 teams move forward to the Hex...bye bye T&T.

We simply not good enough.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »

you think coaching a successful team in africa is easier than concacaf?

don't be an idiot, africa is by far a harder challenge than concacaf, pfister is superior to all other coaches in the region, hands down, he is 2nd to klinsmann now.

there are no other coaches as good as ours, only the ttff is stopping our progress now, with their selfish intentions

Africa, on the whole, have better talent than teams in CONCACAF...the USA and Mexico can compete with any africa team...so, on the whole, Pfister will be working with less talent (T&T compared to the african teams hes coached), against teams (usa, mex) that are on par with the best in Africa that hes played agaianst (agruably).

His true qualities will have to come to the fore for him to be successfull this stint. It wont be easier than in Africa. 
One thing for sure, he is an experience man.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:05:44 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »
From i95.5.....If I heard correctly Ruskin Mark is going to represent the contingent of veteran players that will be engaging the TTFF. A discussion forum for interested parties will be set for POS City Hall on September 4th

Hands down the most forthright discussion of the achievements and failures of the football fraternity in a long time.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »
Im not worried about El Salvador, we'll handle them, they havent beat us since the 2007 blacklist. They have one player Zeyala but overall as long as we dont take it for granted well beat them twice.

If you beat El Salvador twice then you go through to the HEX...but I am sure they are looking at T&T as 6 points as well...In fact I suspect all teams in the group would see T&T as the 6 point team (easier to get a result in POS than anywhere else)

maybe, maybe not

TT has done it many times and will this year again, if the ttff doesn't sabotage us again with a poorly prepped team

thats the thing you forget reggaefan, if TT is prepared well like the rest of teams, you cannot stop us, especially with a world class coach, we have talent and ability to beat the big teams
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I love to hear this song play like an unbroken record. Everyone knows that T&T has been in the HEX and not Jamaica because of "Papa Jack" devious rigging the draw system with outdated rankings.
Know what everyone is asking though: why is it that some Trinis keep boasting that they have been to the HEX more times than Jamaica. Yet they still can't qualify for another World Cup which would give T&T the edge to boast even more over rivals Jamaica.  :thinking: :thinking:
jjbrown

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »
the great thing about football is that there are no secrets .....I'm sure the old man understands that so we just have to prepare accordingly..

The problem is, are we preparing properly when a useful friendly game against Haiti has been cancelled? NO!!

I feel them men running the TTFF have absolutely no shame, if they had one ounce of honour & care for T&T football in their old brittle bones they would resign over letting down our new coach in this way. They can’t even organise a friendly with our poorest Caribbean neighbours Haiti! I wonder whose football is in a worst state right now, Haiti’s or T&T’s?
Look how long Pfister in charge of the team and being paid BIG money by our government and not one decent friendly yet to check his progress with our team!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:54:57 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2011, 08:39:32 PM »

We should emerge as winners in our group against Guyana, Barbados and Bermuda (although as much as our football sucks right now, this is not a sure thing by any means).

But if we win that group, we'll then have to play Mexico and Costa Rica in the 3rd round and there's very little chance of us beating either team.  Given that only the top 2 teams move forward to the Hex...bye bye T&T.

i agree, as of now no hex for us, if get through the first group we will be lucky to get 3 points in the next round.  i hope i wrong.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2011, 08:14:02 AM »

this plays in our favor because we will have 6 wcq games under our belt before we face mexico and costa rica,
pfister can use those games to work out some kinks and get the team ready for round 3
Breds, i want we tuh lose all them games with our best players too, let bermuda go through BC they serious bout the football and they deserve it more than lazy bum a$$ T&T.

we not goin nowhere boss, since our football is in the rubble.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:30:23 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »

you think coaching a successful team in africa is easier than concacaf?

don't be an idiot, africa is by far a harder challenge than concacaf, pfister is superior to all other coaches in the region, hands down, he is 2nd to klinsmann now.

there are no other coaches as good as ours, only the ttff is stopping our progress now, with their selfish intentions

Africa, on the whole, have better talent than teams in CONCACAF...the USA and Mexico can compete with any africa team...so, on the whole, Pfister will be working with less talent (T&T compared to the african teams hes coached), against teams (usa, mex) that are on par with the best in Africa that hes played agaianst (agruably).

His true qualities will have to come to the fore for him to be successfull this stint. It wont be easier than in Africa. 
One thing for sure, he is an experience man.
I go real fackin laugh when jamaica get knocked out de hex again, and it's all BC of you and 2099, BC all talk too much sh!t.   :flamethrower:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
What de fack really goin on here?

People done talking about Mexico and Costa Rica already??

Allyuh serious??

We couldnt place in the top 2 in a group with Cuba, Grenada and Martinique, but we thinking that we would "easily" win a group with Barbados, Guyana and Bermuda??

Lets focus on these three teams first!!  Lets scout Barbados, Guyana and Bermuda!!

We play these teams in less than 5 weeks but we on dis site chosing to talk about Mexico and Costa Rica (that series doh start until June next year)

We are not the TnT of old, so we cannot afford to take our fellow Caribbean teams lightly anymore.

I love my Soca Warriors, but we aint play ah game for de year..........Jack Warner is not a world power broker anymore and we sports minister is ah Swimming Coach, lol.  Imagine we cant afford to fly to Haiti!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2011, 08:45:20 AM »

the truth !

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2011, 08:53:33 AM »
I go real fackin laugh when jamaica get knocked out de hex again, and it's all BC of you and 2099, BC all talk too much sh!t.   :flamethrower:

What exactly dont you agree with in my post? You dont agree that Africa have more talent than CONCACAF? OR dont you agree that T&T have less talent at its disposal at the moment (based on results over last 12 months or so) than the teams Pfister has coached in Africa?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »

What exactly dont you agree with in my post? You dont agree that Africa have more talent than CONCACAF? OR dont you agree that T&T have less talent at its disposal at the moment (based on results over last 12 months or so) than the teams Pfister has coached in Africa?

I agree wid all dat, but what ah don't agree wid is for all the yrs i on this site, i had tuh bare wid you comin here just tuh take ah dump in my yard yr in yr out when ever yuh feel like, with no regard. :frustrated:

i think iz high time yuh start sh!tin in your own yard and leff my yard in peace. meh eh mind yuh comin in my yard (against meh better judgment) but when yuh land keep it cordial!

my football in shambles , yes! my federation ain't sh!t right now , yes! and guess what else? yes ! it's my mudda fackin business , not yours!! so fack off and loww we tuh fix we house, and in the mean time just shut the fack up about it and enjoy your new found success, BC it soon dun!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:15:46 AM by just cool »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2011, 10:02:13 AM »
We will need the foreign based players for ALL the games.

These players ent kick ah lime together, so all those games with teams like Barbados, Guyana, Bermuda will have to be used to get the teams to gel and play more cohesive, none ah this I cyah show up, all the games are FIFA dates, if we serious about going Brazil they must play together for all the games.

We need the best team everytime to stand any chance

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
I believe Otto Pfister is a talented coach. However, he should not be coach of T&T. Heres why:

For some reason, TTFF are totally incapable of running football. Anil should never have agreed to fund Pfister without a complete, budgeted business plan for 2014.

Instead, they should have appointed a local coach on, say, TT$30,000 per month and agreed to use the additional TT$270,000 p.m. to fund overseas trips.

Yes, I know we may not qualify for 2014 with a local coach, but everyone...us, TTFF, govt, must accept that we need to rebuild and focus on 2018. We cannot compete with the likes of USA, Mexico, Canada with a fete match mentality.

Before we spend TT$300,000 pm on a coach, we must get our infrastructure right and get a team used to playing together against international competition.

Its like we can take a loan to buy a Ferrari, but can't afford to insure it or put gas in it. Yeah, we got a Ferrari, but its no use to us in the garage. Instead, I'd rather buy a 20 year old Mustang, gradually restore it and then sell it to buy my Ferrari once I have sufficient income to run the damn thing.

TTFF are completely clueless, and govt should not indulge their fantasies. 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »

My thoughts exactly. And now without Jack to massage they testicles and financially compensate for their lack of administrative abilities, these fokkers (TTFF) will continue to stay in power and kill our football. I now have to wait for fokking 2022 or divine intervention for TT to make a WC. Is hurt, when you know you have the potential.

Minister Roberts stop licking Jack ass and put a hand nah.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »

Agreed. Let us think about Russia 2018 instead.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2011, 03:49:44 PM »
I think it is foolish that they use FIFA rankings to determine something as important as world cup qualifying.
Why didn't you say something when Jack Warner used November 2007 for the 2010 qualifiers where T&T had an easy road to the HEX. ;)

What you have to like about idiots is that they have no qualms repeating misinformation adhominem i.e. they also tend to to be liars in addition to being jackasses

Feed yourself something intelligent for a change you troll:
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14965455#post14965455

It might change the quality of the fecal matter you spout here on a daily basis
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
Well the good news is that we have games to get the boys in shape ,get the chemistry going before Mexico and Costa Rica. The sad news is that Camps now talking about a business strategy to fund the program. Is he for real. Well hear me out- Anil having return from coaching Bovell111{ Isnt he not to do that as a Minister, will tell mother Kamla it is not politically expedient not to run the bread for the TTFF , plus Anil would like to go to the games in the various Countries so let not your hearts be troubled. All will be well.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »

Agreed. Let us think about Russia 2018 instead.
I hope you not agreeing with the last line of his post, bc that's simply not true! leh palos haul he cyaw, mexico is extremely beatable and so is costa rica and jamaica showed us how!

in the last hex mexico catch hell tuh qualify, we even field ah B team to play them the last game and they couldn't even run over us. costa rica is not strong this last rounds either and it showed in lavolpe's face in the gold cup.

our problem, as we all know is the federation, and no body eh willin to kill one ah dem asrehole in the TTFF like they would in brazil or argentina in order tuh free up we football and show them we serious bout it!

so the end results, arrested development! let allyuh so called "heroes" shaka, kelvin, sancho, even fackin latas or one ah dem oppose the TTFF and force them to step aside and let more capable minds rule, but oh yeh i forgot, this is trinidad we talkin bout and it only have sh!t snakes livin down there, ah bunch ah toothless tigers runnin round makin noise wid no serious action behind it.

for the yrs i on this site listening to all the gripes, i never heard anyone remotely showed any interest in runnin the federation, not one time, which is extremely attainable.

ppl just want tuh run to games and support from the comfort of their couches or behind their PC, but no one showed any serious interest in making a change. now is the best time since jack is powerless to stop anything. he's no longer in FIFA and he can't get involved in T&T football matters, isn't this what we've been waiting for ppl?

BTW palos, in case yuh don't know, we have the talent tuh make this WC, and we got an early start, which is better than the last two times. and we got ah gift in that we have an easy group in bados, guyana and bermuda.

all we have tuh do is win all our home games and beat el salvador away, and possibly look ah draw in costa rica and we are home free to the hex! and yes we have the talent, and we have ah capable coach, not like other times when we went with suspect coaches, now we have an early start wid ah best coach and ah few world class players, the federation just needs to stop pullin stones right about now and give us a chance!

palos here's ah list of our "not good enough" players.   julius james, J.LLoyd, cyrus, jovin jones , r. primus, Y marshall.
k hyland, c edwards, c samuel, k daniel, h. hector, h. tinto, c.birchall
K.jones. D. roberts. C.glenn, s. john, L. peltier
miscellaneous players. theobald, jagdoesingh, J. scotland,k cupid,T. noel, s. winchester, d.jorslin, k. baptiste.

camps fee ded!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:19:47 PM by just cool »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
"for the yrs i on this site listening to all the gripes, i never heard anyone remotely showed any interest in runnin the federation, not one time, which is extremely attainable."

I'm voting for JC to take over TTFF. Once you're in power you can bring on board who you like, even "so called "heroes" shaka, kelvin, sancho, even fackin latas or one ah dem oppose the TTFF"

Just because they don't have your intelligence and capabilities, JC, they could still assist. I think theres plenty of people willing to step forward, but just don't know how to beat TTFF. Now that you seem to know the way, take your chance hoss, and they will follow.

But how exactly would you take over? What is your plan?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »
"for the yrs i on this site listening to all the gripes, i never heard anyone remotely showed any interest in runnin the federation, not one time, which is extremely attainable."

I'm voting for JC to take over TTFF. Once you're in power you can bring on board who you like, even "so called "heroes" shaka, kelvin, sancho, even fackin latas or one ah dem oppose the TTFF"

Just because they don't have your intelligence and capabilities, JC, they could still assist. I think theres plenty of people willing to step forward, but just don't know how to beat TTFF. Now that you seem to know the way, take your chance hoss, and they will follow.

But how exactly would you take over? What is your plan?

what kind of talk is dat?? i never said i know it all, but if i lived in T&T i would do a little more than talkin! knowing me i woulda end up in prison or ded BC i iz what yuh call ah hardcore revolutionary and i mighta try tuh bump off camps, serious ting!!!

i just think that trinis too MDCNT soft, if was ah hard core footballin nation like england or mexico this wacko federation would've been more than long gone!

don't underestimate jennings and the english FA for the demise of AJW. i feel they had ah hand in putting him out to pasture when it seemed all but possible.

my point iz, these ppl do more than talk, they actually put ah plan in place and implement it, while trinis just love tuh hear themselve.

just hold on to yuh hat, you'll see the kinda lacadaisical no action having mutha fackers trinis could be, i predict soon you'll be running out of trini back to good ole enland for some normalcy where ppl actually have some kind of serious conviction.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:07:48 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>