April 25, 2024, 03:59:39 PM

Author Topic: Warner and ExCo members nominated unopposed  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner and ExCo members nominated unopposed
« on: March 24, 2011, 03:00:56 PM »
Warner and ExCo members nominated unopposed
CONCACAF.com

Jack Warner will stand unopposed for a sixth term as CONCACAF President, it was announced on Thursday at the confederation's headquarters in New York City.

The current FIFA Vice President will be re-elected formally during the XXVII CONCACAF Congress, May 3, 2011, in Miami, Florida.

"I am honored by the trust placed in me by our members," said Warner, who was originally elected President of CONCACAF in 1990. "I thank each one of them for allowing me to continue working on their behalf."

Others nominated without opposition for positions on the CONCACAF Executive Committee are Lisle Austin of Barbados (Vice President - Caribbean Zone), Mexican Football Federation President Justino Compean (Vice President - North Zone) and Ariel Alvarado of Panama (Member - Central American Zone).

Compean will replace fellow Mexican Guillermo Canedo White, who decided not to seek re-election.

Also, Rafael Salguero of Guatemala will retain his place on the FIFA Executive Committee as the member from the Central American Zone after no other names were placed in nomination for the position.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner and ExCo members nominated unopposed
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »

Doh act like yuh didn't know...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
And in news...
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:09:23 PM »
Is the presidency of concacaf a full-time job? Where is concacaf headquartered? Is this going to interfere with Mr. Warner's Ministerial duties? Wait.....doesn't that contravene mafiFa rules?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »
so no one in CONCACAF have the balls to run against Warner...dais why I dont care much when they complain about being mistreated by him

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 08:02:36 AM »

he 'smile' and all does be crooked
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »

he 'smile' and all does be crooked

My aunt use 2 say d same ting bout Ramesh.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Blatter says he trusts Warner's word after CONCACAF delays FIFA vote decision
SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT / Sports Features Communications
sportsfeatures.com

MIAMI, May 03: Trinidad's Jack Warner has been reconfirmed as president of the Central and North American Confederation but CONCACAF delegates at their annual congress are keeping Sepp Blatter waiting before delivering their expected endorsement for a fourth term as president of FIFA.

Blatter had flown in to Miami expecting to learn that, in the absence of presidential challenger Mohamed Bin Hammam, he would carry CONCACAF's unanimous approval heading towards election day at FIFA Congress on June 1 in Zurich.

Bin Hammam, in an embarrasing administrative faux-pas, had failed to obtain a US visa in time to join Warner, Blatter and Co in Miami.

However - contrary to erroneous reports - delegates decided to postpone a mandating decision until after the Asian confederation president has addressed them at a Caribbean Football Union conference in Port of Spain next Tuesday.

Warner said: "We didn't take any decision about the vote as Mr Bin Hammam, wasn't here because he couldn't get a US visa and we thought that, out of respect and fair play, we should at least listen to him so we have postponed that decision until we have heard from him."

Zurich decision

CONCACAF will now not take a formal decision until the eve of the election in Zurich. However Blatter is confident he will be the beneficiary. He said: he was "absolutely sure" he had the same level of support from the region as in the past.

He added: "I was not campaigning here because at the beginning of congress the president of CONCACAF said: 'You don't need to campaign in this region.' The Americas in South America or CONCACAF have always been my base and I don't think that anything has changed, especially after this congress and the declarations I have heard.

"When you get the message you don't need to campaign and take your time to go somewhere else - you cannot be more clear.

"I am confident, more than confident, after this congress that we are going forward with energy and a lot of optimism and that, at the end of the day, there will be no change, as there has been no change here."

Earlier Warner, unopposed, was returned for his sixth-consecutive term as president of  CONCACAF in its 50th year. Warner said: "I am honored to have been entrusted to lead this confederation for another four years. We are certain that the next 50 years will be even more successful for CONCACAF. ”

Vice-presidents

Lisle Austin of Barbados and Mexican Football Federation President Justino Compean were elected as vice-presidents from the Caribbean and North American zones while Panama's Ariel Alvarado was re-elected to the executive committee from Central America.

Guatemala’s Rafael Salguero retains his seat on the FIFA executive committee on behalf of Central America.

The executive was expanded with the inclusion of three non-voting  posts taken up by Guyana’s Colin Klass (vice-president of the Caribbean Football Union); Guillermo Cañedo of Mexico (former confederation vice-president); and Canadian women’s national team coach Carolina Morace (on behalf of women’s football).

** Monterrey won the CONCACAF Champions League when a goal from Chilean Humberto Suazo secured a 1-0 win away to Real Salt Lake of the United States in Sandy, Utah, to complete a 3-2 aggregate victory. The Mexicans will thus contest the FIFA Club World Cup in December in Japan.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner reelected President as CONCACAF celebrates 50th anniversary
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
Warner reelected President as CONCACAF celebrates 50th anniversary
CONCACAF.com

Jack Warner was unanimously re-elected as President of CONCACAF today at the Confederation's 27th Ordinary Congress in Miami. Warner, a FIFA Vice President, ran un-opposed and is returning for his sixth-consecutive term.

The Congress was part of the Confederation's year-long 50th anniversary celebration and featured the presence of FIFA President Sepp Blatter who has attended every CONCACAF Congress over the past twenty years.

"I am honored to have been entrusted to lead this Confederation for another four years, particurlarly during our 50th Anniversary year" said Warner who has been president since 1990. "We are certain that the next fifty years will be even more successful for CONCACAF. "

In other CONCACAF elections, Lisle Austin of Barbados and Mexican Football Federation President Justino Compean were elected to the position of CONCACAF Vice-President from the Caribbean and North American zones, respectively.

Ariel Alvarado of Panama was also re-elected to the Executive Committee as member from the Central America.

Guatemala's Rafael Salguero will retain his seat on the FIFA Executive Committee as the Central American zone member.

The CONCACAF Executive Committee Report was delivered to the member associations as part of the Congress proceedings. The report outlined the Confederation's activities since the last Congress including competitions, development programs and commercial operations. The Confederation's annual financial statements, which detailed CONCACAF's solid financial standing, were also presented.

On Sunday, the CONCACAF Executive Committee approved expansion of its ranks with the inclusion of three non-voting seats. The positions were filled by Guyana's Colin Klass, Vice President of the Caribbean Football Union; Guillermo Cañedo of Mexico, a former Confederation Vice President; and Canadian women's national team coach Carolina Morace who will represent the interests of women's football.

"The three members will offer unique perspectives and contributions quickly thanks to their varied experiences," said Warner.

CONCACAF also announced that its Fiftieth Anniversary celebration will be held the on June 24, the day before the 2011 Gold Cup final in Pasadena, California.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner reelected President as CONCACAF celebrates 50th anniversary
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
:applause: :applause: :applause: We goin Bra...... :cheers: :wavetowel: :praying:

1]; } ?>