March 28, 2024, 02:08:26 PM

Author Topic: Heurelho Gomes  (Read 3337 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Heurelho Gomes
« on: April 30, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »
What's up with this guy?  Is it just me or does he drop the ball alot? How is he still a #1 keeper for a strong side at the highest level? 

I remember he was total butter fingers in the beginning of his career in England and I've seen him drop the ball into the net 2wice on routine saves in the past month (Real Madrid & Chelsea)....

Any Tott fans out there could justify this fella status?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Heurelho Gomes
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:28:42 AM »
ABSOLUTE f**kING TWAT...even though it didnt cross the line all the way he deserved to be in the spotlight after that..I wished it crossed the line... he is a joke..  this is like his 4th blunder in a month

The worst keeper I've seen since Roy Carroll..  he has good shot stopping ability but the dude is crazy and f**ks up way too much

TOTAL SHITHONG .. just gifted those blue bastards a goal ..

giggsy11

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »
Seems to be a combination of poor technique and continued lapses in concentraton. I think Spurs need amore reliable keeper if they are to go to the next level, to cintinue with him could lead to dropped points. Plus it must be a let down for a side when your keeper keeps letting goals in after the side worked hard to get a lead or draw level. To inconsistent of a keeper;actually I think Spurs as a side is very inconsistent so maybe he fits right in.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:39:31 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »
ABSOLUTE f**kING TWAT...even though it didnt cross the line all the way he deserved to be in the spotlight after that..I wished it crossed the line... he is a joke..  this is like his 4th blunder in a month

The worst keeper I've seen since Roy Carroll..  he has good shot stopping ability but the dude is crazy and f**ks up way too much

TOTAL SHITHONG .. just gifted those blue bastards a goal ..

Almunia as always will take the cake .... this is fundamental flaw that can be fixed with some coaching ... he aint bad .... Tottenham eh play to win this game it's a fair result......all allyuh have to do is beat Arsenal toimmorow right?
Besides everybody think they arsenal eh no good anymore ... so just let fate do it's thing.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 03:31:38 PM »
nobody cah beat this dan

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3CygwlKDYm0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3CygwlKDYm0</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 07:28:31 PM »
He's been bad in about three games over the last month, but he was solid last season and for the most part this season.  He's saved Spurs the blushes may a time this season, so for him to be branded a shithong all of a sudden is unfair.  They always say the loneliest position on the field is the GK.  One day, you're a hero, the next day the villain.  Small Mag, don't let your subjective Man U agenda be having you make such unsubstantiated statements.   ;)

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 10:09:40 PM »
But d ball in all seriousness aint cross d line ent?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 01:06:07 AM »
But d ball in all seriousness aint cross d line ent?
No, not d whole ball. Plus d linesman was out of position
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline teddy bear

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 04:02:20 AM »
You can't say the linesman was out of position, as he is supposed to be in line with the last defender to check for offside. Lampard took a shot from outside so he was where he was supposed to be, what you can say is the angle he was looking at it from, he probably couldn't be 100% certain if it crossed or not. So the question becomes should he have given it or not. His positioning was right though for what was happening at that time.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 07:09:05 AM »
He's been bad in about three games over the last month, but he was solid last season and for the most part this season.  He's saved Spurs the blushes may a time this season, so for him to be branded a shithong all of a sudden is unfair.  They always say the loneliest position on the field is the GK.  One day, you're a hero, the next day the villain.  Small Mag, don't let your subjective Man U agenda be having you make such unsubstantiated statements.   ;)

:beermug: :beermug:  So very well said, Dread, to the letter.  The one thing I will say about Gomes is that as a 'keeper he is supposed to be getting better with age and experience and even if it is only within a short time frame that he's had these lapses in concentration or proper technique, he needs to tighten it back up.  He can't afford to let this sour patch and media fallout chip away at his self confidence.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 10:00:45 AM »
Don't forget that nonsense goal Nani score on him in the early part of the season. No way a keeper at this level supposed to be doing that. A good shot stopper on his day but I sure he does give his defenders sh*ttings. Between him and Almunia I doh know who scares me more.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 10:09:34 AM »
You can't say the linesman was out of position, as he is supposed to be in line with the last defender to check for offside. Lampard took a shot from outside so he was where he was supposed to be, what you can say is the angle he was looking at it from, he probably couldn't be 100% certain if it crossed or not. So the question becomes should he have given it or not. His positioning was right though for what was happening at that time.

your point highlights how idiotic the current FIFA stance on goal mouth tech really is. How can a linesman be realistically expected to line up with the last defender for a free kick at the top of the box, then essentially travel as fast as the ball to reach the touch line to see if it fully crossed the line?

I don't care how fit your official crew is, they not making it. Replay tech easily catches these men out of position and huffing it, but by the time players spin round to protest they magically appear at the corner flag nodding yes or no with authority. It's a joke.

Back when I used to referee, I remember being in a workshop and a USSF assessor tell us, no matter what happen, once the free kick taken, find yourself at the corner flag. Like a magic show, it all about the slight of hand while the audience is distracted by the spectacle. Fortunately for them, magicians doh have to deal with instant replay.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:12:10 AM by grimm01 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 04:17:23 PM »

Totally agreed... was hard luck when Cuducini (or what he name get injured), but the upside was that I was happy dat de "black" fella get a bly.  I've seen more than my fair share of Gomes' muck ups, but I've also seen him come up with some pretty fantastic performances as well.  He's too blunder-prone and inconsistent to be called a "shithong" particularly at times when his defense did him no favors only to have him bail them out.  He has incredible reflexes and is consistently assertive on crosses, not timid, not hesitant... although at times he'll flub a punch or two.  Not sure if he just need more coaching, or an ambitious understudy to push him.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
Shay Given will be a high in demand keeper this summer (Arsenal, Tottenham etc)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 04:33:41 PM »

Word is that Arsenal interested in Given...could see Spurs making a bid too.  Would be a shame to see him on the bench for another season. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »
in all fairness to Gomes, too, dat shot that Lampard hit had some wicked dip on it as it passed the last defender, and even in his blunder, yuh still hadda give the man some credit for clawing back the ball at full stretch even if the officials missed the call.

Word is that Arsenal interested in Given...could see Spurs making a bid too.  Would be a shame to see him on the bench for another season. 

Arsenal is the side that need Shay given more than Spurs do and even so, Szczęsny is a good young 'keeper for their immediate and long term future. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »
Spurs could have Almunia, I will pay his cab fare!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
Mad Max strike again

Hero to Zero in less than a minute... frigging jackarse  >:(
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
Today's match v. Blackpool is Gomes' career in a nutshell... 75 mins of brilliant... absolutely brilliant goalkeeping, only to be undone in the end by sheer misfortune.  Incredible display of shot-stopping, saving Spurs from at least 3 goals.  Stops a penalty shot by Charlie Adams after Michael Dawson foolishly handled in the penalty area.  Pushing the penalty wide for a corner, he chases the cross on restart, gets clattered by a Blackpool player and fumbles... chases the airborn ball, only to get to it a split second after another Blackpool player... inside the box.  Penalty.

Mere seconds after saving a penalty he gives up one... on minimal contact, which in all fairness he tried to avoid.  Real hard luck scene.

Mad Max strike again

Nah man... yuh real harsh dey.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
Mad Max strike again

Great shot stopper but cant hold on to a ball to save his life...feel sorry for him though, the amount of stick he took at Stamford Bridge was ridiculous...and now this :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »

Mad Max strike again

ah harsh oui ... thais meh fantasy keeper

ah guess i is de mad man for picking he week in week out  :cursing:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »

Mad Max strike again

Fox still give him MOM... too bad yuh doh get 'bonus' fuh dat :D

Ryan de man get jostle man... but yeah, some ah dem other plays when he fumble balls... no excuse.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 12:50:46 PM »
He is the difference between Spurs finishing 4th and outside the top 4..

THAT IS A SHITHONG

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »

THAT IS A SHITHONG

You talking shit... without Gomes I absolutely guarantee you that Spurs would not even be contending for 4th.

--------------------------

side note:  Horrible... HORRIBLE injury to Gareth Bale.  If that ankle ent broken then all kinda ligaments mash up.  Disapointed in Adams on dat one... even though it did not look intentional.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:00:29 PM by Bakes »

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »

Mad Max strike again

At least he only conceeded 1, my keeper Joe Hart get 2 in he tail today....de sad thing is I had Gomes as my back up >:(

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »

THAT IS A SHITHONG

You talking shit... without Gomes I absolutely guarantee you that Spurs would not even be contending for 4th.

side note:  Horrible... HORRIBLE injury to Gareth Bale.  If that ankle ent broken then all kinda ligaments mash up.  Disapointed in Adams on dat one... even though it did not look intentional.

spurs get the facking life line when city went down today and the poops down. AH real vex. Re: Gomez.. I eh know. On one hand you're right there are times when he keeps them in the game.. but them jackass moves he does make man..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »

THAT IS A SHITHONG

LOL..Why cant they just buy a good keeper who doesnt make a mistake every other game and they would probably be regulars in the top 4.. he is a great shot stopper but he is not good enough

I just hate him... some of his mistakes are so frustrating and you dont even support them lol .. you feel it for the fans

giggsy11

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »

THAT IS A SHITHONG

I would cast a glance at their strikers who are have not scored enough to help the team; Van Der Vart is their top scorer..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »
LOL..Why cant they just buy a good keeper who doesnt make a mistake every other game and they would probably be regulars in the top 4.. he is a great shot stopper but he is not good enough

I just hate him... some of his mistakes are so frustrating and you dont even support them lol .. you feel it for the fans

Some of the stuff... like the Chelsea "goal" yuh really can't defend, but hard to really call today's penalty a "mistake" (as in something he do wrong).  Man get jostle as soon as the ball reach he hand, and in focusing on chasing the ball he accidentally brush up against the Blackpool player.  Not at all saying the man dive, but there really wasn't much contact and Gomes was trying to pull up and not touch him.  Unfortunately there was enough contact for the penalty to be given though... and I was rooting against them (competing w/Liverpool for 4th/5th).  It was just hard luck on his part.

1]; } ?>