March 28, 2024, 05:49:34 PM

Author Topic: No Jamaicans.  (Read 4969 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No Jamaicans.
« on: April 30, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
Its amazing that Jamaica have been champions for 4 years runing but still cannot produce a young player capable of playing for the Windies.I feel sure that had Jamaica adopted the same approach like TT they proabably wont be winning so regular but may produce some good youngsters like TT,it seems their only interest is in winning the championships with older players who have nothing to offer Windes in the future.Jamaicans have always seen themslves as the buzz of the Caribbean and would do anything to win,even it  means virtually no good to the rest of the Windies.The rest of the region s trying with some youngsters and its working,Bim has given us Kirk Edwards,Kraigg Braithwaith (who will soon play) and Roach,Guyana Bishoo and Deonarine,WI and LI have Martin,Powell,Fletcher and Thomas,that says it all. I suppos next year they wil be back with the same old used up old men who will be to good for the youngsters they come up against but would be of no use to aybody else.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No Jamaicans.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »
as we are trying to groom young cricketers over the past 10-15 years...we have forgotten one VERY important aspect..and that is to GROOM Selectors/Administrators..... I dont think our players are as bad as they are made out to be...rather its the teams the selectors are choosing and whether they are selecting on favouritism and on island mentality.......
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:15:41 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 12:28:43 AM »
Jamaica should be picking the best players available for selection. By extension merit and not age should be the way forward for the West Indies. If they had younger players who were better than the older ones then fine, otherwise why give someone something they did not earn? Our teams ARE as bad as they are made out to be and often are worse. Blaming selection continues to be one of the most myopic view points as to why the Windies are near the bottom of world cricket. There's nothing scientific or progressive about a "quota" selection policy and selecting based on age is just like selecting based on ethnic background.

Our Windies players, old and young, often are too deficient to make anything better than mediocre international cricketers. Our regional season is too short and the quality is poor. It speaks volumes that T&T cannot beat this group of Jamaican "old men" yet we pat ourselves on the back as being a well developed cricket nation moving in a positive direction.

The measure of quality should be success, not the age of your competitors.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »
Jamaica should be picking the best players available for selection. By extension merit and not age should be the way forward for the West Indies. If they had younger players who were better than the older ones then fine, otherwise why give someone something they did not earn? Our teams ARE as bad as they are made out to be and often are worse. Blaming selection continues to be one of the most myopic view points as to why the Windies are near the bottom of world cricket. There's nothing scientific or progressive about a "quota" selection policy and selecting based on age is just like selecting based on ethnic background.

Our Windies players, old and young, often are too deficient to make anything better than mediocre international cricketers. Our regional season is too short and the quality is poor. It speaks volumes that T&T cannot beat this group of Jamaican "old men" yet we pat ourselves on the back as being a well developed cricket nation moving in a positive direction.

winning the 4 day is almost pointless, 20/20 is the future and even more so limited overs on the whole.

when TT won the regional years ago, the players got shafted, so whats the point of performing when you are dealing with a board like this. ja has sacrificed developing youth players to win a meaningless 4 day championship, where you can draw and win a championship, absolutely pointless

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »
Interesting that the type of cricket that T&T cannot win in has suddenly become meaningless. Ironically it's the type of cricket where true skill is required. Wonder if we weren't successful at T20 what the excuse would have been.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »

winning the 4 day is almost pointless, 20/20 is the future and even more so limited overs on the whole.

when TT won the regional years ago, the players got shafted, so whats the point of performing when you are dealing with a board like this. ja has sacrificed developing youth players to win a meaningless 4 day championship, where you can draw and win a championship, absolutely pointless

if i laugh i pop  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: you really calling 20/20 cricket?.. 20 overs of cricket requires what skill?. 4 day and test cricket is what talent will be judge on, one days were around for a while and never change it, i dont see 20/20 doing that either, 20/20 is just getting its 50 minute of fame till the IPL go bust.
Hard work is the key to success

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »
TT not winning the 4 day matches to win the championship but still second to Jam and first in limited overs,the thing is we will be giving Windies Simmons,Barath,Bravo,Bravo and Ramdin soon come back,the Jamaicans will continue to be Gayle and Taylor coz Baugh will prove what a bad keeper he is.Who have Jamaica got on the horizon...Hinds or Samuels,we need young men not old used up shithounds.Check Lil Bravo and Barath age,those are the kind of yutes we want to build on.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »
TT not winning the 4 day matches to win the championship but still second to Jam and first in limited overs,the thing is we will be giving Windies Simmons,Barath,Bravo,Bravo and Ramdin soon come back,the Jamaicans will continue to be Gayle and Taylor coz Baugh will prove what a bad keeper he is.Who have Jamaica got on the horizon...Hinds or Samuels,we need young men not old used up shithounds.Check Lil Bravo and Barath age,those are the kind of yutes we want to build on.

shut you stupid rass. :rotfl: :rotfl:. i wont go in detail, but Jamaica also have allot of young bowlers that can take T&T  apart, we just don't use then in the first team.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 05:02:25 AM »
Its amazing that Jamaica have been champions for 4 years runing but still cannot produce a young player capable of playing for the Windies.I feel sure that had Jamaica adopted the same approach like TT they proabably wont be winning so regular but may produce some good youngsters like TT,it seems their only interest is in winning the championships with older players who have nothing to offer Windes in the future.Jamaicans have always seen themslves as the buzz of the Caribbean and would do anything to win,even it  means virtually no good to the rest of the Windies.The rest of the region s trying with some youngsters and its working,Bim has given us Kirk Edwards,Kraigg Braithwaith (who will soon play) and Roach,Guyana Bishoo and Deonarine,WI and LI have Martin,Powell,Fletcher and Thomas,that says it all. I suppos next year they wil be back with the same old used up old men who will be to good for the youngsters they come up against but would be of no use to aybody else.

What utter garbage! And you post this as a fact. Hilarious.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »
shut you stupid rass.  . i wont go in detail, but Jamaica also have allot of young bowlers that can take T&T  apart, we just don't use then in the first team.

Your post shows the level of your intellect...kindergarden most likely.... :devil:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »
J'ca or any other country for that matter doesn't need to produce young players on the WI team to win the Regional tournament.

You need balance and depth.

Look at TT's winning side of 1985. OUr two Test players Logie and Gomes weren't on the side.

But three youngsters, Simmons, D. Williams and Tony Gray along with G. Mahabir, Nannan and K. Williams gave us balance.

TT has consistenly produced a number of class players for WI during the last 20 years I would much rather see a number of Trinis on the WI team than be winning the Regional tournament and just have one or two.

Without injuries we could be seeing Barath, Bravo, Bravo, Simmons, Ramdhin and Rampaul on the team simultaneously. Let J'ca or anybody else keep winning the C@W, when I see the Bravo brothers batting for the WI or Rampaul terrorising batsment it gives me great pride.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
J'ca or any other country for that matter doesn't need to produce young players on the WI team to win the Regional tournament.

You need balance and depth.

Look at TT's winning side of 1985. OUr two Test players Logie and Gomes weren't on the side.

But three youngsters, Simmons, D. Williams and Tony Gray along with G. Mahabir, Nannan and K. Williams gave us balance.

TT has consistenly produced a number of class players for WI during the last 20 years I would much rather see a number of Trinis on the WI team than be winning the Regional tournament and just have one or two.

Without injuries we could be seeing Barath, Bravo, Bravo, Simmons, Ramdhin and Rampaul on the team simultaneously. Let J'ca or anybody else keep winning the C@W, when I see the Bravo brothers batting for the WI or Rampaul terrorising batsment it gives me great pride.

VB
8)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »
willi & sjahrain,
kerry allyuh ignorant Jumakan rass clart,go piss about somewhere else.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 03:32:07 AM »
willi & sjahrain,

Actually Sjahrain was quotin JahKingdom ;)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
willi & sjahrain,

OK then lemme correck dis...Jahkingdom,kery yuh ugly,ignorant,Yardie rass clart someway else an talk yuh shit,yuh facking GOLLUM.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 08:11:17 PM »
willi & sjahrain,

OK then lemme correck dis...Jahkingdom,kery yuh ugly,ignorant,Yardie rass clart someway else an talk yuh shit,yuh facking GOLLUM.

stick to supporting India and get lost. have Trinidad produce anything other than lara? you acting like Trinidad is some big cricket nation (maybe supporter wise) , shut yu pit  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 02:52:35 AM »
willi & sjahrain,

stick to supporting India and get lost. have Trinidad produce anything other than lara? you acting like Trinidad is some big cricket nation (maybe supporter wise) , shut yu pit  :rotfl: :rotfl:

The sad part is trolls like this like to bleat that nobody like J'cans.

He go feel it more when Ramdhin replace Baugh.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 04:07:03 AM »
Frico...you disappoint meh TRINI.... :devil:

ONE   LOVE

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »
Jahkingdom; You are an obsessed Yardie and you obviously dont know that there are other countries in a place we call the WORLD if you had spent more time in school you would have known that,I am sorry for you and all yuh ignorant bredrin dem,most of them are and that is fact.
I wont dream of answering you bout me supporting India,you dont know me but you can make wild statements about my likes and dislikes,however as I've said your lot are an ignorant bunch and therefore dont know any better,whats new.Here is something you may not like,Pollard,Ramdin,Rampaul,Bravo Dw,Bravo Darren,Simmons and Barath soon will all be on the Windies team,yuh nah gwine like dat,nuh so.
Oh and yuh telling me to shut my pit,I'll shut my pit if you shut your cess-pit,now gway an nah badder fi come pon we MB,find ah Yardie one.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 12:01:45 PM »
Jahkingdom; You are an obsessed Yardie and you obviously dont know that there are other countries in a place we call the WORLD if you had spent more time in school you would have known that,I am sorry for you and all yuh ignorant bredrin dem,most of them are and that is fact.
I wont dream of answering you bout me supporting India,you dont know me but you can make wild statements about my likes and dislikes,however as I've said your lot are an ignorant bunch and therefore dont know any better,whats new.Here is something you may not like,Pollard,Ramdin,Rampaul,Bravo Dw,Bravo Darren,Simmons and Barath soon will all be on the Windies team,yuh nah gwine like dat,nuh so.
Oh and yuh telling me to shut my pit,I'll shut my pit if you shut your cess-pit,now gway an nah badder fi come pon we MB,find ah Yardie one.

I refuse to believe he is that stupid. Sadly, the typical RB that seems obesessed with Trinis.
Is like a tabanca except he getting he ass blank every day.

A proliferation of Trinis on the WI teram. So TT never had any good players.

J'ca failing to make it to the Hex so a TT plot.

True definiton of a troll. braying like an unsophisticated little boy is the only way he knows how to get attention.

Now look at how Willi gets his points across. A complete gulf in class and intellect.

VB

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »
willi & sjahrain,

could care less ;). Jamaica wont cry over position like trinis. cricket is the 4th most popular sport in jamaica and we will always have players on west indies team.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 07:42:58 PM »

obsessed with? :devil:. yes i never been to school, don't feel sorry for me, fell sorry for your self. allot of those ignorant dredrin are now counselors, business owners and mayors etc.. of towns all over Canada, England ,America etc. i could care less what name you post. Jamaica will still wip yu ass.  ;D, shut yu pit :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:44:36 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
willi & sjahrain,

could care less ;). Jamaica wont cry over position like trinis. cricket is the 4th most popular sport in jamaica and we will always have players on west indies team.

It does come right after netball right...
whey boy!

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 09:51:43 PM »
willi & sjahrain,

It does come right after netball right...

exactly

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 01:29:49 AM »

obsessed with? :devil:. yes i never been to school, don't feel sorry for me, fell sorry for your self. allot of those ignorant dredrin are now counselors, business owners and mayors etc.. of towns all over Canada, England ,America etc. i could care less what name you post. Jamaica will still wip yu ass.  ;D, shut yu pit :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Troll. Ignore.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 04:01:02 AM »
Fellow Warriors

Please give this intellectual Genius....the silent treatment..... :devil:

So we could have a sense of being Normal again

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 08:51:02 AM »

Troll. Ignore.

not after you replied. when you can ignore a topic on Jamaica then you talking   8)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:53:44 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »
Aye bway,behave yuhself nah yuh lucky we Trinis chatting to yuh,all we really trying to do is heducate you.Yuza ah ungrateful likkle rass clart plebian,now fuh de last time me ah beg yuh,stay away,go back under yuh rock and stop stinking up de place.
PS.When next The Reggaeboyz plan to mek a tour to the East(that is Heast to you) please lemme know coz ah would like to see a repeat of the 8-1 kicking allyuh get from Iran,look mek it easier fuh me bring the Boyz to England,an ass kicking of 6-0 is just as enjoyable. ;D

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »
Aye bway,behave yuhself nah yuh lucky we Trinis chatting to yuh,all we really trying to do is heducate you.Yuza ah ungrateful likkle rass clart plebian,now fuh de last time me ah beg yuh,stay away,go back under yuh rock and stop stinking up de place.
PS.When next The Reggaeboyz plan to mek a tour to the East(that is Heast to you) please lemme know coz ah would like to see a repeat of the 8-1 kicking allyuh get from Iran,look mek it easier fuh me bring the Boyz to England,an ass kicking of 6-0 is just as enjoyable. ;D

poor you :rotfl:. i don't post on allot of threads unless in pertains to Jamaica, but i do track allot of posters. allot of jamaican is on the forum but just don't post but rather transfer the link to major forums, that's one of the reason prompt me to sign up because the constant talking about jamaica :devil:. i just keeping it easy on you, i know you is a racist your fellow trinis call you out all the time. you recently created a thread about how you return to Trinidad and seems every one turning dougla and how the black features will fade and all type of stupidity that got me cracking up :rotfl:. i don't think you will see Jamaicans comment has long as you refrain  from calling Jamaica name. we put whatever players we want to put on our team, we have a winning mentality and that's all what matters.

Aye bway,behave yuhself nah yuh lucky we Trinis chatting to yuh,all we really trying to do is heducate you

dude go around the world where trnis and Jamaicans are and tell me who trying to talk to who. i never seek friend from a trini, but have allot trying to talk to me or trying to talk like me, could care less about you guys, as i said the only time i comment if it pertains to anything involve Jamaica. i get IM all the time about different trinis on this forum from your own trinis, but i wont call any names.

you should be a shame to even mention the reggaeboyz name while Trinidad don't even have a football team, man jumping up about new coach but we will sink you muddf**kers on any given day, bring on the next match.

what more do you want?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjZcYOdOVqo

http://netballonline.com/Chatter/Forum/tabid/53/aff/12/aft/19941/afv/topic/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

etc...

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:34:56 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »

poor you :rotfl:. i don't post on allot of threads unless in pertains to Jamaica, but i do track allot of posters. allot of jamaican is on the forum but just don't post but rather transfer the link to major forums, that's one of the reason prompt me to sign up because the constant talking about jamaica :devil:. i just keeping it easy on you, i know you is a racist your fellow trinis call you out all the time. you recently created a thread about how you return to Trinidad and seems every one turning dougla and how the black features will fade and all type of stupidity that got me cracking up :rotfl:. i don't think you will see Jamaicans comment has long as you refrain  from calling Jamaica name. we put whatever players we want to put on our team, we have a winning mentality and that's all what matters.

Aye bway,behave yuhself nah yuh lucky we Trinis chatting to yuh,all we really trying to do is heducate you

dude go around the world where trnis and Jamaicans are and tell me who trying to talk to who. i never seek friend from a trini, but have allot trying to talk to me or trying to talk like me, could care less about you guys, as i said the only time i comment if it pertains to anything involve Jamaica. i get IM all the time about different trinis on this forum from your own trinis, but i wont call any names.

you should be a shame to even mention the reggaeboyz name while Trinidad don't even have a football team, man jumping up about new coach but we will sink you muddf**kers on any given day, bring on the next match.

what more do you want?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjZcYOdOVqo

http://netballonline.com/Chatter/Forum/tabid/53/aff/12/aft/19941/afv/topic/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

etc...

Troll - ignore.

1]; } ?>