April 28, 2024, 08:47:20 PM

Author Topic: Bin Laden dead  (Read 16580 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bin Laden dead
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 04:41:53 AM »
Ah couldn't wait for Jon Stewart's take on this event....

http://www.thedailyshow.com/

And Stephen Cobert......

http://www.colbertnation.com/home

p.s. ah finally master embedding Youtube videos but ah eh know how to embed these... :-\
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:44:05 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 06:02:47 AM »
Girl, good for all the folks who want to wax philosophical on dis but I glad too.....is because ah dis character I have to take off mih shoes, slippers, belt, jacket/sweater in de airport, ah had to throw way bottles of water and juice cuz ah cyar take it on the plane, ah have to check een 3 hours in advance, take mih laptop out the case, have woman feeling me up in the blasted airport bout dey checking for weapons.....

Not to mention is because ah he and he bull shit, innocent law abiding Muslim people get profiled all over de place and/or people who just have Muslim/Arab sounding names get profile all over the place.........steups!!!  Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!

Can we really say that all those changes were caused by Bin Laden or our reaction to Bin Laden? I can't say for certain that the contraction of all those liberties (specifically the profiling, wiretapping and homeland security related developments - the airport stuff, with the exception of pat-downs, really is not such a major imposition if you think it will save lives) were the only way, or the best way to react to the 9/11 and attacks. And I not even considering the fact that the general feeling of fear after 9/11 caused the majority of the country to support/accept/ignore the incursion into Iraq.

Pecan you kicksing oui.  It is more than rejoicing, it is a sense of relief too.  This man had the US on pins and needles and indeed the rest of the world for such a long time.   Long travel lines, decreased liberties, big expenses..I for one glad de f**ker dead....

Again the choice was made to go in that direction. We had choices to make after 9/11 and although it would have been difficult to be more rational and considered in our response, Bin Laden and Al Qaeda would not have left such a huge footprint.

I understand the sense of relief and I not begrudging anybody who happy for the conclusion to this saga, especially the families of victims. I myself kinda ambivalent. I ent shedding no tears for him but I also don't feel the pervasive sense of joy. I am glad to know that it was a well executed operation with no collateral damage but overall, when I stand back from it and observe the general reaction, like the calls to see pictures, kinda macabre.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 07:20:20 AM »
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"

Martin Luther King, Jr

Pecan you kicksing oui.  It is more than rejoicing, it is a sense of relief too.  This man had the US on pins and needles and indeed the rest of the world for such a long time.   Long travel lines, decreased liberties, big expenses..I for one glad de f**ker dead....

dont get me wrong, I happy he no longer around, as you said a sense of relief.

I like what DeSowa said "I too would not celebrate and rejoice, especially in public, the death, especially killing of another human bing."

I also like what Martin Luther Jr said (see my last post)

The world should be relieved that Osama gone, but Al Qaeda eh done yet.  It still have them out there plotting and scheming.

One might argue the jubilation is no different that the jubilation displayed by anti-west factions anytime an attack was made against the West.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

truetrini

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 07:42:25 AM »
Exactly, they celebrate as they see us as mortal enemies, we celebrate as we gain a victory...don't you celebrate when T&t wins a game?  that is battle too.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 07:59:16 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 08:27:35 AM »
I served in Operation Anaconda so I was there in the early...

I served and left the Middle East with a 9mm slug in my back, face opened, knee busted, ankle broken, my men dead and some men leaving body parts in the middle east. When a nation called upon us to take down enemy strong holds, we stood up. My men and I left Dushanbe on a fall night and ended up in Kabul, we would spend six years fighting terrorism and terror cells in the Mountains of Afghanistan. We destroyed OBL's terror training sites, his schools, we treated young girls with Std's in their throat, men severely beaten for questioning tribal leaders, sacrificial beheadings and some of OBL supply routes. OBL was the exemplification of Evil and how religion can be distorted. As I sit here and write this, I can hear the cannons at Ft. McNair resounding from their salute, to honor the fallen. When evil men arise, so will the US Military. My fellow NY'can took piece of the WTC and buried it in AFG, for his cousin who died as a FF on 9/11. We never forgot...

I praise President Obama and his National Security team for putting this snake to rest. When I heard the news a few service men and I headed to a bar on 8th Street, some celebrated but others remembered what it took to get here. I celebrated, because we may have lost him earlier, but we found the snake and killed him. Thank you Armed Forces.

"... Hooah"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:32:52 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »

I served and left the Middle East with a 9mm slug in my back, face opened, knee busted, ankle broken, my men dead and some men leaving body parts in the middle east. When a nation called upon us to take down enemy strong holds, we stood up. My men and I left Dushanbe on a fall night and ended up in Kabul, we would spend six years fighting terrorism and terror cells in the Mountains of Afghanistan. We destroyed OBL's terror training sites, his schools, we treated young girls with Std's in their throat, men severely beaten for questioning tribal leaders, sacrificial beheadings and some of OBL supply routes. OSB was the exemplification of Evil and how religion can be distorted. As I sit here and write this, I can hear the cannons at Ft. McNair resounding from their salute, to honor the fallen. When evil men arise, so will the US Military.

I praise President Obama and his National Security team for putting this snake to rest. When I heard the news a few service men and I headed to a bar on 8th Street, some celebrated but others remembered what it took to get here. I celebrated, because we may have lost him in Tora Bora, but we found the snake and killed him. Thank you Armed Forces.

"Climb to Glory... Hooah"

:beermug:

it is easy to sit in the comforts of our homes and criticize the war on terror.

Thanks to all the men and women who put their life at risk.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 11:55:05 AM »
I still prefer Dos Equis
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"

Martin Luther King, Jr

Just FYI

MLK never said that
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:07 PM »
I still prefer Dos Equis

I see what you did there ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 12:26:51 PM »

Martin Luther King, Jr

Just FYI

MLK never said that

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/anatomy-of-a-fake-quotation/238257/

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »
What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me, no more.

-Martin Luther King Jr.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 12:36:51 PM »
What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me, no more.

-Martin Luther King Jr.
:D

would be a hell of a ting to see Martin and Malcolm doin de one-sided head nod to that beat
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »

Martin Luther King, Jr

Just FYI

MLK never said that

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/anatomy-of-a-fake-quotation/238257/

thanks .. I did check it before I posted but obviously did not dig deep enough...

I'll spread the word.  But I still like the quote though.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2011, 02:39:34 PM »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2011, 06:23:03 PM »

I served and left the Middle East with a 9mm slug in my back, face opened, knee busted, ankle broken, my men dead and some men leaving body parts in the middle east. When a nation called upon us to take down enemy strong holds, we stood up. My men and I left Dushanbe on a fall night and ended up in Kabul, we would spend six years fighting terrorism and terror cells in the Mountains of Afghanistan. We destroyed OBL's terror training sites, his schools, we treated young girls with Std's in their throat, men severely beaten for questioning tribal leaders, sacrificial beheadings and some of OBL supply routes. OSB was the exemplification of Evil and how religion can be distorted. As I sit here and write this, I can hear the cannons at Ft. McNair resounding from their salute, to honor the fallen. When evil men arise, so will the US Military.

I praise President Obama and his National Security team for putting this snake to rest. When I heard the news a few service men and I headed to a bar on 8th Street, some celebrated but others remembered what it took to get here. I celebrated, because we may have lost him in Tora Bora, but we found the snake and killed him. Thank you Armed Forces.

"Climb to Glory... Hooah"

Daft you real larger dan life fella... you like ah Trini Jason Bourne (true talk, yuh does fly spaceship on de side nuh?) lol

Martin Luther King, Jr

I like dis one even better... “I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.” – Mark Twain.

All de sensitive types who feeling bad at de celebrations could all join hands arung ah campfire, twist each other's nipples and sing Kumbayah fuh all I care.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »
Pakistan criticizes US raid on bin Laden

Email
Print

AP – A Pakistani youngster shows metal pieces collected from wheat field outside a house, seen background, …
Slideshow:Osama Bin Laden's Compound
Play VideoPakistan Video:How Did U.S. Get Information for Pakistan Raid? FOX News
Play VideoPakistan Video:Rep. Poe: Pakistan Knows More Than They're Saying FOX News
By NAHAL TOOSI and ZARAR KHAN, Associated Press – 2 hrs 50 mins ago
ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan – Pakistan criticized the American raid that killed Osama bin Laden as an "unauthorized unilateral action," laying bare the strains the operation has put on an already rocky alliance.
U.S. legislators along with the leaders of Britain and France questioned how the Pakistani government could not have known the al-Qaida leader was living in a garrison town less than a two-hour drive from the capital and had apparently lived there for years.
"I find it hard to believe that the presence of a person or individual such as bin Laden in a large compound in a relatively small town ... could go completely unnoticed," French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe told reporters in Paris.
British Prime Minister David Cameron also demanded that Pakistani leaders explain how bin Laden had lived undetected in Abbottabad. But in a nod to the complexities of dealing with a nuclear-armed, unstable country that is crucial to success in the war in Afghanistan, Cameron said having "a massive row" with Islamabad over the issue would not be in Britain's interest.
White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters Tuesday that the U.S. is committed to cooperating with Pakistan.
"We don't know who if anybody in the government was aware that bin Laden or a high-value target was living in the compound. It's logical to assume he had a supporting network. What constituted that network remains to be seen," Carney said.
"It's a big country and a big government and we have to be very focused and careful about how we do this because it is an important relationship."
A day after U.S. commandos killed the al-Qaida leader following a 10-year manhunt, new details emerged Tuesday from Pakistan's powerful intelligence agency and bin Laden's neighbors in Abbottabad.
Residents said they sensed something was odd about the walled three-story house, even though bin Laden and his family rarely ventured outside and most neighbors were not aware that foreigners were living there.
"That house was obviously a suspicious one," said Jahangir Khan, who was buying a newspaper in Abbottabad. "Either it was a complete failure of our intelligence agencies or they were involved in this affair."
Neighbors said two men would routinely emerge from the compound to run errands or occasionally attend a neighborhood gathering, such as a funeral. Both men were tall, fair skinned and bearded.
"People were skeptical in this neighborhood about this place and these guys," said Mashood Khan, a 45-year-old farmer. "They used to gossip, say they were smugglers or drug dealers. People would complain that even with such a big house they didn't invite the poor or distribute charity."
U.S. officials have suggested Pakistani officials may have known where bin Laden was living and members of Congress have seized on those suspicions to call for the U.S. to consider cutting billions of aid to Pakistan if it turns out to be true.
Western officials have long regarded Pakistani security forces with suspicion, especially when it comes to links with militants fighting in Afghanistan. Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton publicly said she suspected that some members of Pakistan's government knew where bin Laden was hiding.
However, within Pakistan criticism has been focused on the U.S. breaching the country's sovereignty. The Obama administration has said it did not inform the Pakistanis in advance of the operation against bin Laden, for fear they would tip off the targets.
A strongly worded Pakistani government statement warned the U.S. not to launch similar operations in the future. It rejected suggestions that officials knew where bin Laden was.
Still, there were other revelations that pointed to prior knowledge that the compound was linked to al-Qaida.
Pakistani intelligence agencies hunting for a top al-Qaida operative raided the house in 2003, according to a senior officer, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with the spy agency's policy.
The house was just being built at the time of the raid by Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency, and Abu Faraj al-Libi, al-Qaida's No. 3, was not there, said the officer.
U.S. officials have said al-Libi once lived in the house and that information from him played a role in tracking the al-Qaida chief down. Al-Libi was arrested by Pakistani police after a shootout in 2005 and he was later handed over to U.S. authorities.
The Pakistani officer said he didn't know why bin Laden would choose a house that already had been compromised.
He also insisted the ISI would have captured bin Laden if it had known he was there, and pushed back at international criticism of the agency.
"Look at our track record given the issues we have faced, the lack of funds. We have killed or captured hundreds" of extremists), said the officer. "All of a sudden one failure makes us incompetent and 10 years of effort is overlooked."
Al-Qaida has been responsible for score of bloody attacks inside Pakistan, so on the face of it would seem strange for Islamabad to be sheltering bin Laden. Critics of Pakistan say that by keeping him on the run, Islamabad was ensuring that U.S. aid and weapons to the country kept flowing.
The Pakistani government said that since 2009 the ISI has shared information about the compound with the CIA and other Western intelligence agencies, and that intelligence indicating foreigners were in the Abbottabad area continued until mid-April.
In an essay published Tuesday by The Washington Post, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari denied suggestions his country's security forces may have sheltered bin Laden, and said their cooperation with the United States helped pinpoint him.
The raid followed months of deteriorating relations between the CIA and Pakistan's intelligence service. Those strains came to a head in late January after a CIA contractor shot and killed two Pakistanis in what Washington said was self-defense.
In a statement, the Pakistani government said "this event of unauthorized unilateral action cannot be taken as a rule."
"The government of Pakistan further affirms that such an event shall not serve as a future precedent for any state, including the U.S.," it said, calling such actions a "threat to international peace and security."
The statement may be partly motivated by domestic concerns. The government and army has come under criticism following the raid by those who have accused the government of allowing Washington to violate the country's sovereignty. Islamabad has also been angered at the suspicions it had been sheltering bin Laden.
___
Associated Press writers Chris Brummitt, Munir Ahmed and Asif Shahzad contributed to this report from Islamabad.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »
Pakistan: "how dare you come into our backyard and kill a wanted terrorist whom we knew nothing about even though he has been living right under out noses and we have valliantly been searching for all these years??"

US: "shit happens, Mohammed"

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »

All de sensitive types who feeling bad at de celebrations could all join hands arung ah campfire, twist each other's nipples and sing Kumbayah fuh all I care.

purple nurples?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2011, 10:07:57 PM »
Pakistan only angry now that Uncle Sam wont be sending them any more of your tax dollars to there coffers..

EZ money...dem fellas make Enron, Lehman Brothers and Madoff look like small pickings.

Talk about getting hustled
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:22:40 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2011, 07:36:21 AM »
Well until this Bin Laden take down mih didn't even know that they held Bin Laden's #2 and ah next high ranking one in Pakistan too.....hhhhhhmmmmm mih thinks Pakistan have some explaining to do....

Bakes, we on de same page on this one......good riddance!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »
Pakistan only angry now that Uncle Sam wont be sending them any more of your tax dollars to there coffers..

EZ money...dem fellas make Enron, Lehman Brothers and Madoff look like small pickings.

Talk about getting hustled
yuh clueless.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2011, 10:45:53 AM »
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »

Did he potentially join the crew...?  :rotfl:

Will OBL be releasing posthumous AQ messages 10 years from now, that is relevant to that present time, in the future...?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2011, 11:52:25 AM »
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2011, 12:32:31 PM »
I also heard Canadian Intelligence assisted too.  They were used to direct traffic in down down Islamabad.

:rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2011, 12:59:15 PM »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2011, 01:18:20 PM »
ah cyah wait to see the taiwanese graphic arts version

truetrini

« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
ah cyah wait to see the taiwanese graphic arts version

It come out already

1]; } ?>